• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
...You guys have the XML before all of the edits I did? try this.

Untested. Should say brawl-, but should work with all hacks regardless

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RSB" />
  <options>
    <section name="Files">
      <option name="File Code Replacements">
        <choice name="Enabled">
          <patch id="filecode" />
        </choice>
      </option>
    </section>
       <section name="Ocarina">
           <option name="Ocarina Handler">
               <choice name="VI Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /></choice>
               <choice name="KPAD Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /></choice>
               <choice name="Joypad Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXDraw Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXFlush Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /></choice>
               <choice name="OSSleep Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /></choice>
               <choice name="AxNextFrame Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /></choice>
           </option>
           <option name="Codes">
               <choice name="Brawl-"><patch id="ocarinabase" /><patch id="ocarinacodes" /></choice>
           </option>
       </section>
  </options>
  <patch id="filecode">
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac"/>
  <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" disc="/" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac"/>
  </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
       <memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase">
	<memory valuefile="codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
	<memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinacodes">
       <memory valuefile="/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
   </patch>
</wiidisc>
goes in /riivolution/, name it whatever you want.xml

http://www.mediafire.com/?gntdqmzmlym goes in root

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
Confirmed to be working on 4.2U. The XML and the codehandler.bin both go in SD:/riivolution/ and the GCT, named RSBE01.gct, goes in SD:/codes/. I'm now trying to figure out how to make the root attribute work without breaking Ocarina functionality (so far I've only been able to get one or the other).

@Mega Yoshi - I believe all you have to do is change the name of the GCT in the 3rd line from the bottom of the XML file to whatever the PAL gct file is named (I think it's RSBP01.gct?).

Edit:

Ninja'd, but wait, TSON, how come you say to put the codehandler.bin in the root? It only works for me when in the riivolution directory...

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, it finally works works w/ codes now. Putting codehandler.bin in /riivolution got it to work. I have to look at why this didn't use my custom song titles though... at least that's not a code issue.

Thanks Dantarion for the XML, TSON for posting it (whether or not he should have posted it) and-RedX-/SaxMeister13 for posting the solution.

Oh and the XML needs to be expanded upon a little bit to include some other stuff. My custom character textures didn't work, yet custom stages did... I'll post a fix for that in a little bit, if I can figure it out. Actually, it turns out that Captain Falcon's red texture (the Blood Falcon one) is named FitCaptain01_en.pac, unlike the other original texture files (at least the ones I've seen). It probably has to do with the logo on his back, since it's different than any of the other default Falcon textures.

Edit: Ok, here's a couple fixes to the XML. This will fix Captain Falcon's Red texture, Pokemon Trainer's final smashes, certain stages, and the custom song titles upon loading the stage. Look for the following part in the XML:
Code:
<patch id="filecode">
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac"/>
  </patch>
Change it to this:
Code:
<patch id="filecode">
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGGW.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_en.pac"/>
  </patch>
I'm not sure if anyone actually uses custom final smashes for Pokemon Trainer, or if they were even replacable with the File Patch Code. I did that stuff just in case.

Also, for those of you using those custom stage expansion codes for the 9 extra stages that use Battlefield's music, those don't work. I didn't think about it before I tried but now it's pretty obvious why it doesn't work with Riivolution, just think about what Riivolution actually does.

The stage texture fixes aren't tested just yet, I'm about to test them so the fix may change if I made an error. I made a mistake somewhere obviously... bleh. Took down the stage fixes in the meantime. lawl, the stages aren't in the system folder, forgot to change that.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If this has been said already, rivo also doesn't seem to load files from the menu2 folder. Things like the title screen for brawl don't load for example.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
If this has been said already, rivo also doesn't seem to load files from the menu2 folder. Things like the title screen for brawl don't load for example.
You have to make it so it's pf/menu2/****_en.pac

Example: pf/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac

It's the _en you're missing.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh wait what? Riivolution folder? o.o well okay.

I guess I'll try to finish this up or get a huge chunk out at least tomorrow?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
You have to make it so it's pf/menu2/****_en.pac

Example: pf/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac

It's the _en you're missing.
This is true, although using the XML file posted along w/ my fixes will load the files that are in pfmenu2. pfmenu2 should be pf/menu2 but PW made a mistake or something.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
GOOD LORD IT WORKS HAHA! Such a simple fix lol thanks for whoever said to put it in the riivolution folder

Now it would be great if we could get Dantarion's ASL code to work, my favorite part of that was having textures appear at random, and I planned on porting weather and time of day effects/lighting/textures to the Brawl+ fixed stages so that code would be great if it could work here

Also, AerialX or someone whose gotten their private network to work for the ability to switch files during gameplay, what do I have to do from here, it's all I have so far and I don't know how to make it work

One question before this though is how would you switch files while the game is playing? Would you use a window explorer and switch files or have to use run commands, in which case would it be complicated to do that?

Do you know how to get the network thing working?

So far all I have is this for an xml:
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
    <id game="RSB" />
    <options>
      <section name="Network">
         <option name="Rii Network">
           <choice name="Enabled">
           </choice>
         </option>
      </section>
    </options>
    <network protocol="riifs" address="192.168.1.1" port="1137" />
</wiidisc>

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
This is true, although using the XML file posted along w/ my fixes will load the files that are in pfmenu2. pfmenu2 should be pf/menu2 but PW made a mistake or something.
Not all pf/menu files go in pfmenu2. I'll finish this tomorrow, dont worry about it for now

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
With all due respect, you guys are missing half of the power of this program. The beauty is that it doesn't matter anymore where the files needed to be under the FPC. For example, my directory structure looks like this:

Code:
sd
o brawl
  + link
    - psa_zero.pac
    - tex_zero.pac
    - tex_zora.pac
    - tex_magic.pac
  + marth
    - psa_jin.pac
    - psa_soren.pac
    - psa_asch.pac
    - tex_jin.pac
    - tex_soren.pac
    - tex_asch.pac
o riivolution
As long as you set up the XML right, you can put your files literally anywhere on the SD card and they can be named anything you want.

Not trying to be rude, merely to point out the power of the program. There's no need to conform to FPC standards when (sadly) the FPC could very well be obsolete now.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That's the power of it but honestly does anybody want to go through the trouble of setting up their SD card all over again?

------
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RSB" />
  <options>
    <section name="Files">
      <option name="File Code Replacements">
        <choice name="Enabled">
          <patch id="filecode" />
        </choice>
      </option>
    </section>
       <section name="Ocarina">
           <option name="Ocarina Handler">
               <choice name="VI Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /></choice>
               <choice name="KPAD Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /></choice>
               <choice name="Joypad Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXDraw Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXFlush Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /></choice>
               <choice name="OSSleep Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /></choice>
               <choice name="AxNextFrame Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /></choice>
           </option>
           <option name="Codes">
               <choice name="Brawl-"><patch id="ocarinabase" /><patch id="ocarinacodes" /></choice>
           </option>
       </section>
  </options>
<patch id="filecode">
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2" disc="/menu2"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac"/>
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter" disk="/fighter/" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinalSpy_en.pcs"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGGW.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_en.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_en.pac"/>
  </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
       <memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase">
	<memory valuefile="codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
	<memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinacodes">
       <memory valuefile="/codes/RSBE01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
   </patch>
</wiidisc>
Ok. Try that on for size.

Kirk

Smash Champion
For those wanting to get network working in the xml, just copy this line:

Code:
inside the <wiidisc> tags in your existing xml file.

So, like:

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
      [...rest of the usual code...]
</wiidisc>
Remember to use your own IP address.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
For those wanting to get network working in the xml, just copy this line:

Code:
inside the <wiidisc> tags in your existing xml file.

So, like:

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
      [...rest of the usual code...]
</wiidisc>
Remember to use your own IP address.
Ok but what's "...rest of the usual code..."? that's the part I'm not getting, you need to make it an option on the riivolution menu right? Well I got that far but it still didn't do anything when I enabled it, what am I missing?

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
    <id game="RSB" />
    <options>
      <section name="Network">
         <option name="Rii Network">
           <choice name="Enabled">
           </choice>
         </option>
      </section>
    </options>
</wiidisc>

AerialX

Smash Cadet
Ok but what's "...rest of the usual code..."? that's the part I'm not getting, you need to make it an option on the riivolution menu right? Well I got that far but it still didn't do anything when I enabled it, what am I missing?
No, you don't; that part is wrong. There shouldn't be anything in that XML besides the network line. No options, nothing. All that goes in the RiiFS server folder instead.

Peach4

Smash Rookie
I still don't get how to get TSON's ocarina GCT code to work in riivolution for pal x(
I tried that changing the RSBE thingo into RSBP but it didn't work, anyone else know how to do it?

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
That's the power of it but honestly does anybody want to go through the trouble of setting up their SD card all over again?
Point well taken, but without re-organizing your SD card you can't use some of the cooler features of the app, like using it to load your own customs vs. Brawl+ vs. BBrawl vs. Brawl- without having to return to the computer. In the very simplest form, you can have, say, two different Marth hacks that you choose between when starting the game.

Incidentally, if there's enough interest I may write a tutorial on writing your own XML file to do some of the fun stuff. :bee:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Point well taken, but without re-organizing your SD card you can't use some of the cooler features of the app, like using it to load your own customs vs. Brawl+ vs. BBrawl vs. Brawl- without having to return to the computer. In the very simplest form, you can have, say, two different Marth hacks that you choose between when starting the game.
:B

And the reason I'm not doing that is because Dantarion is :B

I still don't get how to get TSON's ocarina GCT code to work in riivolution for pal x(
I tried that changing the RSBE thingo into RSBP but it didn't work, anyone else know how to do it?
To keep the XML as simple as possible, I had to remove the japanese and pal support for now. It'll be back later once I get it working.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Theres no need to write a tutorial, the docs are already posted and understandable.

How the hell do you think I made my xml XD.
All of us on IRC has a hard time with the XML because of Riivolution actually being bugged at launch. However, the bug has been fixed and now its easy. The only thing that needed my help on is the loading of the code handler, and loading of the code handler.

Anyways I lost my good SD card. I have backups, but FUUUUUU-

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
No, you don't; that part is wrong. There shouldn't be anything in that XML besides the network line. No options, nothing. All that goes in the RiiFS server folder instead.
What should the name of the folder be and where do I put it? In the Riivolution folder or on the root of my USB?

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
ugh... Then I clearly don't know how to add codes then >.> Its always easier for America

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
eh... Your right.... I just dont understand why its so hard for europeans to hack aswell

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
I could use some help with this...

Bwaag, the variables are driving me crazy. When I try to load a stage or character using the variable method, it gives me a DSI exception.
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">

<id game="RSB"/>
  <options>

<macro name="Meta Knight [Slot 1]" id="charmetaknight">
      <param name="slot" value="00"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Meta Knight [Slot 2]" id="charmetaknight">
      <param name="slot" value="01"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Meta Knight [Slot 3]" id="charmetaknight">
      <param name="slot" value="02"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Meta Knight [Slot 4]" id="charmetaknight">
      <param name="slot" value="03"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Meta Knight [Slot 5]" id="charmetaknight">
      <param name="slot" value="04"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Meta Knight [Slot 6]" id="charmetaknight">
      <param name="slot" value="05"/>
    </macro>

<macro name="Ike [Slot 1]" id="charike">
    </macro>
    <macro name="Ike [Slot 2]" id="charike">
      <param name="slot" value="01"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Ike [Slot 3]" id="charike">
      <param name="slot" value="02"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Ike [Slot 4]" id="charike">
      <param name="slot" value="03"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Ike [Slot 5]" id="charike">
      <param name="slot" value="04"/>
    </macro>
    <macro name="Ike [Slot 6]" id="charike">
      <param name="slot" value="05"/>
    </macro>

<section name="Stages">

<option name="Final Destination" default="1">
        <param name="stage" value="FINAL"/>
        <choice name="Mushroom Kingdom">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Kingdom"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
        <choice name="Jungle Destination">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Jungle"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
        <choice name="Congo Jungle 64">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Congo"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
        <choice name="Heartgold Intro">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Ho-oh"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

<option name="Luigi's Mansion" default="1">
        <param name="stage" value="MANSION"/>
        <choice name="Peach's Castle">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Castle"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

<option name="Pirate Ship" default="1">
        <param name="stage" value="PIRATES"/>
        <choice name="Realistic">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Realistic"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

<option name="75m" default="1">
        <param name="stage" value="DONKEY"/>
        <choice name="Mario's Villans">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Villans"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

<option name="Skyworld" default="1">
        <param name="stage" value="PALTUENA"/>
        <choice name="Spirit Temple">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Spirit Temple"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

<option name="Temple" default="1">
        <param name="stage" value="DXSHRINE"/>
        <choice name="Forest Temple">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Forest Temple"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

<option name="Rumble Falls" default="1">
        <param name="stage" value="JUNGLE"/>
        <choice name="Fire Temple">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Fire Temple"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

<option name="Distant Planet" default="1">
        <param name="stage" value="EARTH"/>
        <choice name="Wistful Wild">
          <patch id="STGpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="Wistful Wild"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

</section>

<section name="Full Character Hacks">

<option name="Ike" default="1">
        <choice name="Cloud Strife">
          <patch id="FitIke_Cloud" />
        </choice>
      </option>

</section>

<section name="Models and textures">

<option name="Meta Knight" id="charmetaknight">
        <param name="char" value="Metaknight"/>
        <choice name="Shy Knight">
          <patch id="characterpatch">
            <param name="choice" value="ShyKnight"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

<option name="Ike" id="charike">
        <param name="char" value="Ike"/>
        <choice name="Cloud Strife">
            <param name="choice" value="Cloud"/>
          </patch>
        </choice>
      </option>

</section>

<section name="Misc">

<option name="Song Replacements" default="1">
        <choice name="Enabled">
          <patch id="replace_songs"/>
        </choice>
      </option>

</section>

</options>

<patch id="STGpatch">
    <file disc="/stage/melee/STG{$stage}.pac" external="/riivolution/brawl/stages/STG($stage} - {$choice}.pac" />
  </patch>

<file disc="/fighter/{$char}/Fit{$char}{$slot}.pac" external="/riivolution/brawl/fighters/{$char}/Fit{$choice}00.pac"/>
    <file disc="/fighter/{$char}/Fit{$char}{$slot}.pcs" external="/riivolution/brawl/fighters/{$char}/Fit{$choice}00.pcs"/>
  </patch>

<patch id="FitIke_Cloud">
    <file disc="/fighter/ike/FitIke00.pac" external="/riivolution/brawl/fighters/Cloud Strife/FitIke00.pac" />
    <file disc="/fighter/ike/FitIke00.pcs" external="/riivolution/brawl/fighters/Cloud Strife/FitIke00.pcs" />
    <file disc="/fighter/ike/FitIke.pac" external="/riivolution/brawl/fighters/Cloud Strife/FitIke.pac" />
    <file disc="/fighter/ike/FitIkeMotionEtc.pac" external="/riivolution/brawl/fighters/Cloud Strife/FitIkeMotionEtc.pac" />
  </patch>

<patch id="replace_songs">
    <file disc="/sound/strm/E01.brstm" external="/riivolution/brawl/songs/Electric Chocobo.brstm"/>
    <file disc="/sound/strm/C12.brstm" external="/riivolution/brawl/songs/No Regrets.brstm"/>
    <file disc="/sound/strm/X03.brstm" external="/riivolution/brawl/songs/Brawl Theme Remix.brstm"/>
    <file disc="/sound/strm/C19.brstm" external="/riivolution/brawl/songs/Spirit Tracks Overworld Theme.brstm"/>
    <file disc="/sound/strm/B07.brstm" external="/riivolution/brawl/songs/Rocket Knight Adventures.brstm"/>
    <file disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac" external="/riivolution/brawl/songs/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>
    <file disc="/info2/info_en.pac" external="/riivolution/brawl/songs/info_en.pac"/>
  </patch>

</wiidisc>
Edit: Is it possible that the program is crashing because I used characterpatch/STGpatch more than once? I don't see why it would, but just checking.

Well for one thing your param names aren't consistent with the names you're using in the patch paths, {$whatever}
What do you mean? They're all the same... I wrote:
<param name="char" value="Metaknight"/>
<param name="choice" value="ShyKnight"/>
then
<file disc="/fighter/{$char}/Fit{$char}{$slot}.pac" external="/riivolution/brawl/fighters/{$char}/Fit{$choice}00.pac"/>
</patch>

The {$} simply means to write the param as a string, right? Other than that, my params seem to match...
btw I got the codes working, didn't work until I chose the joypad hook. Nice work. :D

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Alright, got replacing using networking to work successfully and holy **** it's amazing.
Does this mean that I don't need any replacement files on my SD card since I'm using a folder on my computer?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Alright, got replacing using networking to work successfully and holy **** it's amazing.
Does this mean that I don't need any replacement files on my SD card since I'm using a folder on my computer?
Please, PLEASE tell me how you did this

what folders do I need and what are there names supposed to be and where do I put them?

I have a "source" folder

Inside that is a "RiiFsServer" folder AND a "RiiFsServer.sln" file

Inside the RiiFsServer folder is a bunch of .CS files and a properties folder

Does any of this go on my USB, and where do they go? On the root or in the riivolution folder?

And where do I put the network XML?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
The 2 folders that need to be on your computer(doesn't matter where as long as you can find them) should be the riifs folder which has the exe program, source, etc.
And the other folder named riivolution, which inside that should be root, then inside root should be 2 folders: private and riivolution.
Inside riivolution, you put the XMLs you have on your SD card like the ssbbtemplate, Ocarina Handler, etc.
I suggest using this XML I edited to make the files you're gonna replace organized since it reads off the private folder.
Inside the private folder, it's just set up the same way the FPC is with the exception of pfmenu2 and some _en files, idk how to change that.(This is where you put all those brawl files you want to replace)
In the riivolution folder on the root of your SD card, you should have the SSBBtemplate file that I linked you to and a XML file that should look like this:
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
     <network protocol="riifs" address="(your ip address goes here)" port="1137" />
</wiidisc>
Now, open up Command Prompt, you have to type something like this after you cd:
Code:
C:\>Users\(w/e you have it named)\riifs\riifs  C:\Users\(w/e you have it named)\riivolution\root
If you did that right, it should say something like Riifs Server is ready to connect or something similar to that.
Start up the Riivolution on your Wii and test it. On your command prompt, it should scroll some lines.

Btw, they released Riivolution v1.02 and RiiFS Server v1.02, I used those.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
So your files should be in \riivolution\root\private?

And the SSBBTemplate goes on your SD card and your computer?

Hmm... when I try to run RiiFS, it crashes immediately. Why is that?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
So your files should be in \riivolution\root\private?

And the SSBBTemplate goes on your SD card and your computer?

Hmm... when I try to run RiiFS, it crashes immediately. Why is that?
Yes, just make sure you set up the private folder the way the FPC worked with the correct folders.

I'm not sure if SSBBTemplate needs to be in both places but I did that and it works.

You don't run RiiFS, it's supposed to be used with Command Prompt.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I see...

When I used RiiFS using Command Prompt, nothing happens... do I need to have my Wii on at the same time or something?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
What version of RiiFS Sever are you using?
If you used the Command Prompt properly, it should say something about being ready to connect. That's when you start the app on your Wii.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I was using 1.01, but now I'm using 1.02, and it works! Do I need to update my channel and everything to 1.02, as well?

Thanks for the help!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I think so since RiiFS Server v1.02 is supposed to be for Riivolution v1.02 according to the page.

Your welcome =p

Top Bottom