• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
That's not a problem, it just means it's looking for XMLs in two places rather than one. It doesn't affect anything.

And... no. >.>
I meant delete the XMLs from your SD/USB/whatever, except for the small network XML with your IP. Then you set up your PC folder as you want to, with SSBBtemplate on it or whatever, and you should see those options appear in the Riivolution menu when you start it. Put whatever XMLs and files you want on your PC folder, while your USB/SD should be relatively empty besides that one network XML with no options.

Maybe you should try reading this. It was written for NSMBWii but most of it applies to any RiiFS setup.

Hozu: Precedence tends to be sequential. Make sure the options and/or patches are listed in the XML in the order they should be patched in.
Ok I did that and now the RiiFS server on the command prompt doesn't even connect, so no XML options show up...

This is what i have on my USB:
-apps
--riivolution
---meta.xml
----banner.0
----banner.1
----boot.dol
----icon.png

-Riivolution
--Networking.xml

-ssbb
--Nothing

-codes
--RSBE01.gct

-txtcodes
--BRAWL+ Gold.txt

This is what i have on my computer inside Net->Riivolution->root:
-apps
--riivolution
---same stuff as on USB

-riivolution
--SSBBtemplate.xml
--Ocarina Code handler.xml
--codehandler.bin

-ssbb
--bunch of folders set up with files in them

Is this right?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
OK I put the wrong Networking.xml file on the USB, fixed that, I got it somewhat working now:

What it does:
-It loads the .XML options on the Riivolution menu that are on my computer
-It loads Brawl with the files I have set up on my computer BEFORE I start Brawl

What it DOESN'T do:
-It won't load my codes despite enabling the Ocarina Handler
-It won't allow me to change any files while the game is running, the prompt reads all the files from my computer but they refuse to change in the game

EDIT: Got the codes working, had to put the codes file on my computer instead, the rest still applies:

Also, once it loads a character off my computer once, THAT'S IT, it won't do it again, it'll read it off my computer but it won't load from it, so I decided to change Sonic's .pac BEFORE I chose him, well the RiiFS server loaded the file from my computer then my Wii immediately froze :(

So is this whole Network thing incomplete or something? Are you not supposed to be able to change files during gameplay yet?

Basically the only function I get it to serve is pre-loading stuff off my computer but it won't let me change files while I have the game running, I'd rather just put the files on my USB and save space on my computer if that's all it can do...

EDIT: It also doesn't even check or read music so we can't change that while playing the game either...

EDIT: Ok I got it to read a fitlink.pac moveset off my computer ONCE and it was only done by repeatedly putting the cursor on the random box over and over until Link came up in the prompt, it's extremely inconvenient to do this, and it still doesn't read textures.... Does anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Managed to do the same thing with Ike by exiting the menu and going back, but when I chose a stage to brawl on, my Wii froze, silent freeze.... still no luck on textures... or music...

AerialX

Smash Cadet
OK I put the wrong Networking.xml file on the USB, fixed that, I got it somewhat working now:

What it does:
-It loads the .XML options on the Riivolution menu that are on my computer
-It loads Brawl with the files I have set up on my computer BEFORE I start Brawl

What it DOESN'T do:
-It won't load my codes despite enabling the Ocarina Handler
-It won't allow me to change any files while the game is running, the prompt reads all the files from my computer but they refuse to change in the game

EDIT: Got the codes working, had to put the codes file on my computer instead, the rest still applies:

Also, once it loads a character off my computer once, THAT'S IT, it won't do it again, it'll read it off my computer but it won't load from it, so I decided to change Sonic's .pac BEFORE I chose him, well the RiiFS server loaded the file from my computer then my Wii immediately froze :(

So is this whole Network thing incomplete or something? Are you not supposed to be able to change files during gameplay yet?

Basically the only function I get it to serve is pre-loading stuff off my computer but it won't let me change files while I have the game running, I'd rather just put the files on my USB and save space on my computer if that's all it can do...

EDIT: It also doesn't even check or read music so we can't change that while playing the game either...

EDIT: Ok I got it to read a fitlink.pac moveset off my computer ONCE and it was only done by repeatedly putting the cursor on the random box over and over until Link came up in the prompt, it's extremely inconvenient to do this, and it still doesn't read textures.... Does anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Managed to do the same thing with Ike by exiting the menu and going back, but when I chose a stage to brawl on, my Wii froze, silent freeze.... still no luck on textures... or music...

EDIT: Tried to put textures on BEFORE I loaded brawl, the RiiFS server doesn't load them
Basically, once the game has loaded, there are two restrictions:
1) You cannot add a new file to your folders after having launched the game.
2) The same filesize rules that apply to the FPC patch apply to your files on network; you can't make them larger than they were when the game started.

There are two ways around this, one easier, and one more flexible but not as easy.

The easy way: Add resize="false" to your <file /> and <folder /> nodes. This way acts like the original FPC; you won't be able to use any files larger than the original disc ones, but you can resize them on your PC at will whenever.
Easiest to do and should work decently for testing.

The harder way: Use the length="NUMBERHERE" attribute on <file /> and <folder /> nodes; this specifically sets the filesize to whatever you give it. If you or someone takes the time to make an XML with decent default lengths per folder or files or something, you can make the filesize limit artificially higher.
This works best, but requires some annoying XML setup. Maybe not easy to do for everything, but on a per-file basis with a few filesize-problematic files you encounter it should work out.

EDIT: Some moveset stuff, aren't those kinda read from the common pacs instead sometimes? Or something...

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Basically, once the game has loaded, there are two restrictions:
1) You cannot add a new file to your folders after having launched the game.
2) The same filesize rules that apply to the FPC patch apply to your files on network; you can't make them larger than they were when the game started.

There are two ways around this, one easier, and one more flexible but not as easy.

The easy way: Add resize="false" to your <file /> and <folder /> nodes. This way acts like the original FPC; you won't be able to use any files larger than the original disc ones, but you can resize them on your PC at will whenever.

The harder way: Use the length="NUMBERHERE" attribute on <file /> and <folder /> nodes; this specifically sets the filesize to whatever you give it. If you or someone takes the time to make an XML with decent default lengths per folder or files or something, you can make the filesize limit artificially higher.
This works best, but requires some annoying XML setup. Maybe not easy to do for everything, but on a per-file basis with a few filesize-problematic files you encounter it should work out.

EDIT: Some moveset stuff, aren't those kinda read from the common pacs instead sometimes? Or something...
Now where would I add those codes or whatever they are? Do I type it into the command prompt? Or do I put it in an XML? If so which XML?

And could you give an example because I'm clueless as to where exactly in an xml I would put that it

EDIT: What are you talking about at the end in your edit?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
  <id game="RSB" />
  <options>
    <section name="Brawl+ 7.0 Gold jp">
      <option name="File Replacements" default="1">
        <choice name="Enabled">
          <patch id="filecode" />
        </choice>
	   </option>
           <option name="Ocarina Handler" default="1">
               <choice name="VI Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_vi" /></choice>
               <choice name="KPAD Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_kpad" /></choice>
               <choice name="Joypad Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_joypad" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXDraw Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw" /></choice>
               <choice name="GXFlush Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush" /></choice>
               <choice name="OSSleep Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep" /></choice>
               <choice name="AxNextFrame Hook"><patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe" /></choice>
           </option>
           <option name="Brawl+ Codes" default="1">
               <choice name="Enabled"><patch id="ocarinabase" /><patch id="ocarinacodes" /></choice>
           </option>
       </section>
  </options>
  <patch id="filecode">
    <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_ja.pac"/>
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pf/sound/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_ja.pac"/>
  <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pf" disc="/" />
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_ja.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_ja.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_ja.pac"/>
    <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_ja.pac"/>
  </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_vi">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_kpad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="9A3F005E38AE0080389FFFFC7E0903A6" offset="0x000018A8" />
       <memory ocarina="true" value="801D0060901E0060801D0064901E0064801D0068901E0068" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_joypad">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3AB500013A73000C2C1500043B18000C" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxdraw">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3CA0CC01380000613C80450098058000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_gxflush">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90010014800305FC2C00000041820008" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_ossleep">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="90A402E0806502E4908502E42C030000" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase_axnextframe">
       <memory ocarina="true" value="3800000E7FE3FB78B005000038800080" offset="0x000018A8" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinabase">
	<memory valuefile="/riivolution/codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
	<memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
	<memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
	<memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
   </patch>
   <patch id="ocarinacodes">
       <memory valuefile="/codes/RSBJ01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
   </patch>
</wiidisc>
I wrote this code to RSBJ.xml,and put it in riivolution folder. Then,I launched Riivolution. It loaded files in private folder correctly,but didn't load gct file. How can I make it work?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Hozu: Precedence tends to be sequential. Make sure the options and/or patches are listed in the XML in the order they should be patched in.
I thought about that and tested it with a single stage (by telling it to load specific files from B+ before setting the default folder to the shared one) and the one from shared still took precedence. :X I really don't want to have a messy workaround by telling everyone to change the names of the stages that come w/ B+ both in /shared and in /BrawlPlus but...

Edit: Thought of setting the hack-specific folders as the default, but now for whatever reason Riivolution isn't loading any XML at all, even older ones. :X

Edit 2: YESZ! Problem solved. Precedence is weird in this... It loads the last one you try to load, with folders trumping files... idk.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I wrote this code to RSBJ.xml,and put it in riivolution folder. Then,I launched Riivolution. It loaded files in private folder correctly,but didn't load gct file. How can I make it work?
The problem is that the gameconfig (to bypass 255 lines) is meant for NTSC-U only. Please post the contents of a Japanese gameconfig and we'll be able to fix that.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I know AerialX will get back to me and my question but in the mean-time does anyone else know what he meant by this:

This is in regards to RiiFS network server and replacing files while the game is running, it won't let me add a majority of files I have and he says I need to do this but what would I put it on and exactly where would I put it?

I'm assuming you put it on an XML but over an existing one or do I make a new one?

I'm guessing over an existing one maybe the networking XML? I really need an example

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It goes between your <file external="blah"> and <folder external="blah"> and their respective </ file> </ folder>

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I came across a little problem I forgot to mention.
I can't seem to replace my CSS using Riivolution, it freezes when I try to enter it -.- But using the FPC+Gecko, it works fine.
And with Riivolution, characters/stages that transform during gameplay will either freeze my game or become buggy as hell. FPC+Gecko works fine. Anybody have this problem/knows how to deal with it?

Dr. Game & Watch

Smash Rookie
The IOS37 Thing worked great! Thanks!
However, I still don't get the custom music to work. Riivolution gives me the option to enable or disable file replacement. I naturally chose enable. However, I still get the same old songs...
I did this:
Root/riivolution/the xml file (does it matter how it's named?)
Root/ssbb/-THE BRSTM FILES-

That's right, right?
So what kind of sucker am I not getting it to work?
EDIT: I just wondered, can brstm file be to big? because that brstm-create program made all the brstms two times as long and thus probably bigger

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I came across a little problem I forgot to mention.
I can't seem to replace my CSS using Riivolution, it freezes when I try to enter it -.- But using the FPC+Gecko, it works fine.
And with Riivolution, characters/stages that transform during gameplay will either freeze my game or become buggy as hell. FPC+Gecko works fine. Anybody have this problem/knows how to deal with it?
For the CSS, you have to open common5.pac in BrawlBox, and import your CSS into it (common5 contains sc_selcharacter, so replace the whole thing). The game normally loads just common5, while the sc_selcharacter.pac on the disc does nothing. PW's FPC forces the game to load sc_selcharacter.pac when you reach the CSS rather than loading it from common5 like it normally does.

For characters that transform, you need the corresponding .pac file to go along w/ the .pcs file (ie. FitZelda00.pac and FitZelda00.pcs). Note that the .pac file is just the uncompressed form of the .pcs file. If you were to open them in BrawlBox they would be exactly the same (provided they're for the same texture of course). If you d/led a texture for a character that transforms, it should have come with both files. If not, then well... it's useless. I have no idea what's causing stages that transform to be buggy, it works fine for me (I'm using a custom Castle Siege texture myself...).

Dr. Game & Watch

Smash Rookie
Tried that, and it doesn't work. (actually I tried it before, and then changed it to justroot-ssbb-files)
Okay, so when my riivolution gives me the option to enable or disable file replacement, does that mean that the xml file is correct, because that way I at least know that much. Also, my brstm files are messed up when I try them in audacity, but in winamp the were normal, at least when that plug-in wasn't screwing winamp up, so i can't listen brstm files in winamp anymore.

I really wonder what it could be, but then again, I'm kind of a noob anyway.
It's kinda frustrating when everybody can easily use custom stuff in brawl, and I'm having such a hard time with it...

Dr. Game & Watch

Smash Rookie
Tried that, and it doesn't work. (actually I tried it before, and then changed it to justroot-ssbb-files)
Okay, so when my riivolution gives me the option to enable or disable file replacement, does that mean that the xml file is correct, because that way I at least know that much. Also, my brstm files are messed up when I try them in audacity, but in winamp the were normal, at least when that plug-in wasn't screwing winamp up, so i can't listen brstm files in winamp anymore.

I really wonder what it could be, but then again, I'm kind of a noob anyway.
It's kinda frustrating when everybody can easily use custom stuff in brawl, and I'm having such a hard time with it...

EDIT: Double Post!?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
For the CSS, you have to open common5.pac in BrawlBox, and import your CSS into it (common5 contains sc_selcharacter, so replace the whole thing). The game normally loads just common5, while the sc_selcharacter.pac on the disc does nothing. PW's FPC forces the game to load sc_selcharacter.pac when you reach the CSS rather than loading it from common5 like it normally does.

For characters that transform, you need the corresponding .pac file to go along w/ the .pcs file (ie. FitZelda00.pac and FitZelda00.pcs). Note that the .pac file is just the uncompressed form of the .pcs file. If you were to open them in BrawlBox they would be exactly the same (provided they're for the same texture of course). If you d/led a texture for a character that transforms, it should have come with both files. If not, then well... it's useless. I have no idea what's causing stages that transform to be buggy, it works fine for me (I'm using a custom Castle Siege texture myself...).
Ah, thanks man, the CSS finally shows up =p
For the characters, I already had the pcs and pac files, but I think it may be a wifi problem, I have to test it again.
And for stages, I was referring to Lylat, when the background was gonna change, it froze on me. And this was on wifi too. I'll look more into this -.-

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Added support for PW's Stage Expansion Codes to my Brawl hack switcher XML. Link to the post is in sig now.

Edit: Don't know why my sig isn't showing... Go here.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that the gameconfig (to bypass 255 lines) is meant for NTSC-U only. Please post the contents of a Japanese gameconfig and we'll be able to fix that.
Code:
RSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)
This is the text I'm using.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
I have a question in regards to this app. From what I understand it is a super file replacement code that allows any and all files of a game to be replaced/modified for any game? If so here is my question.

With this app is it possible (currently or in the future) to expand the CSS and SSS with an infinite number of slots that loads files with names of our choosing removing the need to replace existing characters/stages in order to load them?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Added support for PW's Stage Expansion Codes to my Brawl hack switcher XML. Link to the post is in sig now.

Edit: Don't know why my sig isn't showing... Go here.
thank you for doing that i was going to attempt something like this but this is easier
oh sig doesn't show up if you use quick reply

I have a question in regards to this app. From what I understand it is a super file replacement code that allows any and all files of a game to be replaced/modified for any game? If so here is my question.

With this app is it possible (currently or in the future) to expand the CSS and SSS with an infinite number of slots that loads files with names of our choosing removing the need to replace existing characters/stages in order to load them?
Maybe not too sure i think making the game read it might be a issue though

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Adding files that weren't originally in the game before is possible, seeing that I got PW's Stage Expansion code to be compatible w/ Riivolution now. You would need codes to tell the game to load the files though.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
Adding files that weren't originally in the game before is possible, seeing that I got PW's Stage Expansion code to be compatible w/ Riivolution now. You would need codes to tell the game to load the files though.
Good to hear but why would codes be required? If you edit + load the file that controls the loading of everything they why would you need to use codes to modify what you have modified?

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Could someone upload a video tutorial of how this works? I've tried but I'm stumped

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
It goes between your <file external="blah"> and <folder external="blah"> and their respective </ file> </ folder>
Ok but where do you put this in?

Do you put in on a certain XML?

Or do you create a new XML?

Could you give me an example of how it would look?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
And for stages, I was referring to Lylat, when the background was gonna change, it froze on me. And this was on wifi too. I'll look more into this -.-
You have to add the _en on some of the Lylat pacs.

STGSTARFOX_ASTEROID.PAC
STGSTARFOX_BATTLESHIP.PAC
STGSTARFOX_CORNERIA_en.PAC
STGSTARFOX_GDIFF.PAC
STGSTARFOX_SPACE_en.PAC

^That worked for me, try that.

I can't seem to get the Japanese voices working for Brawl. I've put the smashbros_sound.brsar in my sound folder (that's the correct place, right?) but when Brawl loads up, quite a lot of things become muted like the cursor, character voices and music. The character attacks sound effects seem to be fine though :/

Can anyone help me on this?

I've got PAL Brawl and using Riivolution if that means anything.
Can anyone help me on this?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Good to hear but why would codes be required? If you edit + load the file that controls the loading of everything they why would you need to use codes to modify what you have modified?
Because there's nothing in the game that tells it to load files that don't exist on the disc. The codes would do that (this is why you still need PW's Stage Expansion codes even if your XML file adds those 9 extra stages). Editing the file that controls loading hasn't been attempted yet (or at least I haven't heard anything) but I bet codes would be much easier.

You have to add the _en on some of the Lylat pacs.

STGSTARFOX_ASTEROID.PAC
STGSTARFOX_BATTLESHIP.PAC
STGSTARFOX_CORNERIA_en.PAC
STGSTARFOX_GDIFF.PAC
STGSTARFOX_SPACE_en.PAC

^That worked for me, try that.
Wait what? Looking through that mediafire account that has all the Brawl files tells me that no Lylat Cruise .pac needs _en anywhere...

For your other question, there is some sort of difference that PAL has that NA and JP doesn't. I'm not sure what it is though.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Wait what? Looking through that mediafire account that has all the Brawl files tells me that no Lylat Cruise .pac needs _en anywhere...
What mediafire account?

Well, I had to add the _en on those 2 .pacs or else my Lylat texture doesn't show.

For your other question, there is some sort of difference that PAL has that NA and JP doesn't. I'm not sure what it is though.
I thought Riivolution was region free and it allows hacks regardless of what region I'm from? Or something lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's not that it deals with region or anything, it's that the .pacs you have on your game have the PAL SFX numbers while the JPN SFX need the SFX numbers of their .pacs to work (that's why characters are muted, because the SFX isn't on the disc that the .pac is pointing to). Case in point: PAL is different, you can't just replace the SFX file and be done with it. You'd pretty much need to replace everything with NTSC-U/NTSC-J files in order to have your NTSC-J SFX.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
This thread has the link to the mediafire account that contains NTSC-U Brawl data.

Yes, Riivolution does work for all regions, it's just that the files themselves have changed somehow. Dantarion is (was?) working on a .pac converter for movesets so PAL can use B+, so something within the files has to be different. I'm also assuming the reason you have to add _en for your Lylat Cruise .pacs is they're named differently on the PAL disc for some reason. If you can find out what the file names are on the PAL disc, I'm sure it would come in handy (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about the method of doing that though).

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
This thread has the link to the mediafire account that contains NTSC-U Brawl data.

Yes, Riivolution does work for all regions, it's just that the files themselves have changed somehow. Dantarion is (was?) working on a .pac converter for movesets so PAL can use B+, so something within the files has to be different. I'm also assuming the reason you have to add _en for your Lylat Cruise .pacs is they're named differently on the PAL disc for some reason. If you can find out what the file names are on the PAL disc, I'm sure it would come in handy (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about the method of doing that though).
Hozu do you have any idea about this?:

Ok but where do you put this in?

Do you put in on a certain XML?

Or do you create a new XML?

Could you give me an example of how it would look?
In regards to having the RiiFS server replace files, the workaround for the filesize limitations like the FPC once the game is started

I hate to push my question, but I'd like to figure it out by today because I have a lot of schoolwork to do this week so I probably wouldn't be able to bother with this much

Also, is there any possible way to get Dantarion's Alternate Stage loader to work via XML? Or is it just a coding impossibility?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I could see Dantarion's Alternate Stage Loader working with this, but I've never used it myself. Still... Using this as the example of the stages you're using w/ the Stage Loader:

Whereas the Alternate File Engine used multiple folders, this uses modified filenames.
For example, if you had 3 Final Destination textures, you would name them STGFINAL_A.pac,STGFINAL_B.pac, and STGFINAL_C.pac.
Add this to the XML:
Code:
<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/shared/stage/melee/STGFINAL_A.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_A.pac" create= "true"/>
<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/shared/stage/melee/STGFINAL_B.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_B.pac" create= "true"/>
<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/shared/stage/melee/STGFINAL_C.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_C.pac" create= "true"/>
Just make sure to use the file directory setup that you're using (I'm using my hack switcher XML directory setup here). If you can get this to work, tell me so I can update my post with the info about it.

I haven't tried using the RiiFS server thing to replace files though, so I can't help you with your first question. :/

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I could see Dantarion's Alternate Stage Loader working with this, but I've never used it myself. Still... Using this as the example of the stages you're using w/ the Stage Loader:

Add this to the XML:
Code:
<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/shared/stage/melee/STGFINAL_A.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_A.pac" create= "true"/>
<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/shared/stage/melee/STGFINAL_B.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_B.pac" create= "true"/>
<file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/shared/stage/melee/STGFINAL_C.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_C.pac" create= "true"/>
Just make sure to use the file directory setup that you're using (I'm using my hack switcher XML directory setup here).

I haven't tried using the RiiFS server thing to replace files though, so I can't help you with your first question. :/
What XML would I add that onto?

And my files get replaced with the names that are on the disc, so this is my folder setup: /stage/melee/STGFINAL

Does that mean I would take out the first part of each of those lines? Or would I just rename the directory to match my directory on the USB?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman

The yellow is the important part that can't be changed, the red is the name of the stage. The rest is to be changed to match your directory setup on your USB device.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Hozu...On your XML does it run through the shared folder completely, and whatever isn't in there is loaded by the hack? Because if not, I'd recommend doing that for all of the folders other than the stage folder, in which it'd need to run through the hack's folder first. That way you can use textures on the mods that don't use specific tweaks on the collisions.

EDIT: And where do the GCTs go?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hey Hozu, does your Brawl+/Brawl-/vBrawl super detectable XML w/support for PW's Stage Expansion code work with Dantarion's ASL code?

EDIT: Does it count as being ninja'd if the last time you refreshed a page was a good 3 and a half hours ago?

To edit my question, if what you wrote up theoretically works, does that work with all stages and letters? Or does that have to be written manually?

Top Bottom