• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex 2012: TourneyPlay SoCal - September 24-25th, 2011 - S

stopNstart

Smash Journeyman
I got an email about this, just wanted to let whoever is organizing know that you guys need to send them information

EVENT: TourneyPlay - APEX West - Day 1
SPONSOR: Smash@UCSD
TAP PAGE: http://tap.ucsd.edu/portal/?eid=dV31mr4
DATE: Saturday 9/24/11 (8:00 am to 11:00 pm)

SUBJECT: Courtesy notice -9 days left to complete TAP entries or event may be canceled

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
32 ENTRIES - Its an error. No limit to entries. G4G is fixing it now.

TAP Info for Venue - Working on it. AZN_Leap is all over it as am I

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I was hoping to play in this, but the entry fees are definitely out of my range.
I will be there though. I intend to play friendlies (and non-tournament seriouslies!) with anyone and everyone.

It should be fun.

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
Anyone from NorCal driving down to this? I live in the Bay Area (Berkeley), and I'd like to carpool with you if you have an extra spot in your car. Of course, I'll chip in for gas. Thanks.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So yeah I'm basically 100% going and helping out running things. GC Guy or Azn Lep lemme know what you need from me and if you need me to come early or stay late so I can inform my carpool of the schedule.

My car looks like this for now:
Me, SFAT, Julian, Shroomed, Replicate.
A lot of people asked me but SFAT and Julian were first and I always put members of the Deep at high priority.
If nobody else (Peter?) ends up driving, if someone rents a van I'm willing to drive that.

Jun.

Smash Lord
If anyone needs housing, PM as soon as you know how many people will need housing so I can coordinate with the UCSD players. Priority will be given according to distance traveled.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
So yeah I'm basically 100% going and helping out running things. GC Guy or Azn Lep lemme know what you need from me and if you need me to come early or stay late so I can inform my carpool of the schedule.

My car looks like this for now:
Me, SFAT, Julian, Shroomed, Replicate.
A lot of people asked me but SFAT and Julian were first and I always put members of the Deep at high priority.
If nobody else (Peter?) ends up driving, if someone rents a van I'm willing to drive that.

Hyuga - Melee help for sure! I have been bad on following up with you! SORRY! We need def Melee help on Sunday and whatever you can help with on Saturday (if you are coming that day)

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
G4G Registration ends on Sept 21st likely (not 100% determined yet)

I will be in San Diego on Friday though and arrange for a time to come to where I am on Friday and register in person, but I REALLY need registrations (like 80% of them) on the G4G site before then so I can PLAN schedules and such.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
any chance of registering at the door? i just figured since this seems like it will be as much or less in terms of attendance compared to winter game fest, which had at the door registration. thanks.

Dro-Dragon

Smash Rookie
I tried entering the tournament but when it says this You need to deposit $2.5 to enter this tournament

so I click the continue button but it takes me to a page says webpage cannot be found

Dro-Dragon

Smash Rookie
alright well I tried adding 25 bucks but it didn't work kept coming up with and error saying AVS? but I guess it G4G charged me two bucks... lol lame when I wasn't able to enter the tourny

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
REGISTRATION ISSUES:
I am working with G4G on this.

I will have an alternate registration via PAYPAL up on Thursday to help solve this issue.

DOOR REGISTRATION: At this time NO CAN DO. UCSD changed some policies and they charge me $250 to take cash on site. That is $250++ less that would be in prize pools as venue fee side of this would go from $5 to $10.
We are working with them on this, but its UNLIKELY to be solved. So ASSUME NO DOOR REG (as I have posted for 2 months now haha)

Jun.

Smash Lord
REGISTRATION ISSUES:
DOOR REGISTRATION: At this time NO CAN DO. UCSD changed some policies and they charge me $250 to take cash on site. That is $250++ less that would be in prize pools as venue fee side of this would go from $5 to $10.
We are working with them on this, but its UNLIKELY to be solved. So ASSUME NO DOOR REG (as I have posted for 2 months now haha)
I understand that you've made a conscious decision about at the door registrations but I'm gonna say that its gonna be one hectic day. People online dont' like to read too carefully

Atlus8

Smash Master
I understand that you've made a conscious decision about at the door registrations but I'm gonna say that its gonna be one hectic day. People online dont' like to read too carefully
This! However, it's still no excuse if people don't have a credit card! Just go out and get a visa gift card!

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Smash 1v1 is going down to $20 and 2v2 to $30 per team

Pre-Reg: Its been posted as a Pre-reg event for more then 60 days all in all... If ppl are fine with $10 going to venue per event (so 50% of entry is venue), I am fine paying the additional $250 on my end and taking money at the door.
BUT we all know that as soon as 50% of the entry does not go to Prize Pool there will be massive QQing about it.

Genesis 2 was 100% pre-reg and that did not seem to be a problem... A lot of other events have been 100% pre-reg... So not sure why TourneyPlay events being 100% pre-reg is a problem?

The info around this has been out there for a long time. I am setting up a secondary registration method. I am arranging for a night before cash registration in San Diego.
Not sure how this is an issue at all.

SFAT

Smash Ace
You can't compare this to Genesis 2 because G2 had their pre-reg up a whole month before the tournament. We're suppose to pre-reg for this tournament in one week, but there is no pre-reg up and running. So you can't go and say "It's been posted as a Pre-reg event for more than 60 says all in all" when there was never a functional Pre-reg site.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Why don't you just split that $250 at the door collection fee between the hundreds of people that'll be attending for all the games? I'm sure there will be at least 250 entrants considering the numerous number of games this tournament is hosting. Box Arena I'm sure would gladly help cover the cost with their fees.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
what's the word on prereg for this? it takes 3-5 business days to deposit money on paypal, at least for bank account transfers, so if that's an option it's probably best to let people know now.

Top Bottom