• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex 2012: TourneyPlay SoCal - September 24-25th, 2011 - S

PWNYBOY

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I have several questions that I hope you awesome smashers can answer. Firstly, is there a deadline on Saturday to register for Sunday's Melee tournament? Secondly, would anyone be willing to provide housing or recommend a cheap nearby hotel for me and my three friends? My name is Adrian (a.k.a Darc Messenger) by the way. Any answers and/or help is greatly appreciated.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
One last post to avoid confusion with the title. The tournament is NOT at UCSD. It's in Santee, a neighboring city.

:phone:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
crap something came up i might not go to this anymore not sure yet :(

hey sfat is ur car the only car from norcal coming?

Sizzle

I paint controllers
What time does registration start and end? Will you be registering for both single and doubles at that time? I'm asking because I might be cutting it close to when 1v1 would start.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Fudge I don't have a ride to this anymore ....anyone coming down through la area and want to give me a ride? Im close to the 134 and the 5 and the 101 ill pay gas of course

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
soo i just wokeup and realized i probably shouldn't show up at the door at 11 if i haven't signed up yet..when should we be there for signups?! hopefully this finishes on time with all the new entrants :o

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Flaking out on this since no one from Irvine is going and I just woke up 10 minutes ago. Plus I have to drive from home to riverside tonight as well. Sorry guysss, I really did wanna go and support this + record.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Not likely to have a Live Stream

We have about 25 1v1 entries for Melee (if Hugs and Co ever get here.. they have been an hour away for more then an hour now and are still an hour away??lolololol)

Doubles is a RR with 6 teams (+1 of Hugs gets here before its over)

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I had a feeling this tournament would fall apart attendance wise, which is sad because, for a bit, it seemed like it was going to be a big deal.

I'll be there in an hour or so to play friendlies, and maybe enter.

Edit: How many set-ups are there??

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I will blog on this event in a couple of days.

Should have been a big deal, but massive venue issues that got fixed, to have last min venue issues, to changing venue... In 6ish years this is the first time I have had an event go sideways... I was due for a disaster hahah

Melee 1v1 is almost over... lower finals right now.
S2J vs Shroomed
Mango is waiting in Grand Champs right now for the winner of Lower

strawhats

Smash Master
lol nice...Mango actually tried. Well we know who's gonna win. Did Fly Amanita go to this?

SFAT

Smash Ace
No Mango didn't need to try because this tournament was so terrible with all its 25 attendees.

1. Mango
2. Johnny
3. Big *** stupid ****ing dajuan
4. Eddy mexico
5. Darrell
5. SFAT

I'm so glad we we're able to drive 9 hrs (x2) for a slightly larger than usual smashfest.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
****in socal/others not showing up -_-

i still will always have fun playing with cali regardless. still glad i came =) though i feel really bad for anyone who traveled longer than 3-4 hours..

Yo clucks, what place did i take? (never caught your real name, i was the one talked about helping you market in the future)

D

Deleted member

No Mango didn't need to try because this tournament was so terrible with all its 25 attendees.

1. Mango
2. Johnny
3. Big *** stupid ****ing dajuan
4. Eddy mexico
5. Darrell
5. SFAT

I'm so glad we we're able to drive 9 hrs (x2) for a slightly larger than usual smashfest.

heres the important bracket stuffs

eddy beat shroomed in pools and winners (*****)

shroomed switched to shiek and went 1-2 then won last 2 after switching back to doc in losers

i beat sfat in winners semis

i beat dajuan in losers finals

dajuan beat sfat in losers

mango beat everyone
==
on behalf of ****ty socal and especially ****ty san diego

sorry zac and norcal dudes, this is why socal SUX sometimes!! ZERO (maybe 1 or 2) san diego people entered!

==

eddy mexico is extremely good and gets better each time he goes to a tourney, hes ****ing good

shoutouts:

joey you are a ****ing ****** dont ask me for a ride again thanks

other shoutouts later

Top Bottom