• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

KillLock

Smash Lord
Alvin you're right up at 3rd imo when you're playing on your A-game. Your tournament results last time I don't think totally reflect your overall skill level, but I know you'll start placing as consistent as you used to because you're naturally a strong competitive player, probably more-so than Me or Luke(That twin status competitive factor). I think the only downside is that you don't play as much as Me or Luke.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
I still don't see a gigantic problem with doing a PR based off of all 3 tournies tbh. The PR will change the following update anyways! We should actually count the last two MK allowed tournies and not just discard them like they never happened, and doing it now rather than later should make more sense to everyone.

No matter what, it's a bad situation for PR update cuz of the MK ban, but taking the better of the bad situations is to update the PR now.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Just take me off the PR lolol i can't do **** without MK

unless i can find a character i enjoy playing that isn't MK, im quitting singles

:009:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think Arsenal should be first. :)

Limeee you should pick a character that nobody else in Alberta uses. At the very least, you can spice up your tournament scene. That's what I try do anyway; it's probably a bad idea but still something to consider. Being unique is always fun, and you can show people stuff people never knew before.

Like... Zelda's double recovery (both recoveries can have their trajectory controlled, similar to Pikachu's) really amazed people and who knew this scrub could actually be pretty consistent with Sheik's DACUS. It's the small stuff :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey I know of three good Pokemon Trainers. How many well known Zeldas do you know?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol I'm flattered but I'm not even that good. How can you not know Ed! He's even part of your secret clubhouse here!

For Pokemon Trainers, there's you (obvs, we must play each other someday), Reflex (word of mouth), and Myollnir (my favourite Euro player he's SO good!).

I saw your combo video, it was sooo good. You and Myo make me want to use PT :(

T-block

B2B TST
yeah i know him, but i only wanted to list three and there was no room for him with you and arsenal taking up those spots =P

dude myo is soooo good. he makes me wanna play again D=

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
His PT is as hype as his IC. Makes me want to pick up both!

So... switching to Ivysaur take KOs instead of Squirtle is a legit strategy? Animal cruelty right there. Also, that Fatigue/Stamina stuff looks really... annoying. The thing with Sheilda is that he/she/it can change at will and being forced to use the next Pokemon in line in a bad situation sounds very scary.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ivysaur is really that bad? Like apparently his recovery isn't that great but isn't he super powerful? Like his up air is nearly on par with Zelda's and he has those Bullet Seeds and Razor Leaf to annoy you with.

Sucks that Ivysaur is like... a sacrificial lamb or something :(

T-block

B2B TST
she has the strongest u-air in the game

razor leaf is... a non-issue at neutral positions, and has too much cooldown and is too slow to lead to any frame traps or anything. bullet seed is great as a high risk high reward type move, but when you are at risk of dying from just being off-stage, often that high risk is really high risk.

her main issue is lack of aerial mobility - she's a character built to anti-air and zone, but her lack of horizontal movement (second worst in the game, tied with MK) make it so that those with heavy mobility advantages, even with lack of range (squirtle, for example) or those with similar range but still mobility advantages (marth, for example) will completely negate her playstyle. she also has a glaring blind spot in front of her when she's in the air, with f-air being a solid, but slow move, and she lacks ground moves that are safe on shield. coupled with a slow grab that leaves you super vulnerable on whiff, that amounts to a character who is designed to be defensive and keep people out who cannot effectively keep characters out.

against characters she can keep out, though, she does quite well. ganondorf and DK, for example.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wait what? Ivysaur is a SHE?

My basis for Zelda (and Bowser) having the stronger up air KB wise comes from this: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=119538&page=1

If Pokemon Trainer was split into the three Pokemon that make up the character, where do you think they would belong on the Tier List? (just curious about this one)

T-block

B2B TST
sorry you're right - zelda and bowser have stronger u-airs

it's u-smash where ivysaur takes the cake without contest

my ivysaur is a girl ^^

without fatigue, squirtle would be somewhere around lucario imo. he would be higher if he didn't have grab release bs to deal with. ivysaur is definitely better than bowser, but not as good as mario or lucas. i think bowser is way too high on the current tier list though. charizard is probably somewhere around DK or peach.

idk... take these placements with a grain of salt - i try to stop myself from thinking too hard about where they would be individually.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow the characters individually seem pretty solid (well not Ivysaur). Shame about all the quirks that come with PT though.

Yeah Squirtle's grab release can be dacus'd by Sheik... same for Charizard. :(

Frio

Smash Champion
Everyone should just request to be taken off the PR D:

SIDE EVENT RECOMMENDATION!!!!

Pokemon ******* snap. Most points in one level?

Or we could play Hey you Pikachu and see who can get closest to 3rd base with Pikachu.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the new PR list...

Alvin should be 1st....
why even make a list if your not gunna see the obvious accuracy that is stated above.

'nuf said.

Top Bottom