• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
i dont think im going to make it to ny smash fests today :(. gotta do some errands before leaving my house unattended.

also keith do you want me to crash at your place thurs or would it be better for you to pick me up friday morning? when are we heading out?

:phone:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alright, Alvin, Mark, Darren. Would you guys be down with crashing at my place on Thursday? That way we'll meet up with Keith's carpool Friday morning as they're passing through Spruce Grove. I also got three couches for sleeping. Anybody else that wants to come over and just get picked up by Keith would be cool. I wanna get the best sleep I can before we head out. Keith, text me for what you wanna do since I'm working right now.

Frio

Smash Champion
i cant make it out to spruce grove

actually let me check with my old man but I'm pretty sure he wont drive me out there

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If everyone is down for it then maybe Darren or Alvin could pick you up? If I have to, I'll come and get you. But I plan on passing out at like, 7 or 8 o'clock.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Mark I can drive you.
Brandon do you work tomorrow? Just wondering when we can head over. I work, but I will be done around 3.
Keith/Brandon what time will we be leaving Friday morning? Like 6:30-7:30?

Also, I might not come out today lol
Lazy. Plus I will be brawling alllllllll weekend anyways. I might die.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I get off work at 4:15. I'm hoping to get off work earlier, but I wouldn't count on it. Coming over at 5:30 or so would be fine by me. Later is whatevs. Alright I'm cleaning out my car and then heading to Stephan's.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
That's okay DArren I managed to get a ride. And I think we're leaving 5-6 actually.
kk
I get off work at 4:15. I'm hoping to get off work earlier, but I wouldn't count on it. Coming over at 5:30 or so would be fine by me. Later is whatevs. Alright I'm cleaning out my car and then heading to Stephan's.
Ok sounds good. I'll text you when I head over tomorrow.

KillLock

Smash Lord
hey darren, dan will be at my house with me tomorrow. what time are you planning on heading to brandons? and could you pick us up possibly?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh I didn't know you guys were staying the night at Brandons too lol

I was actually thinking about driving over to Spruce grove at 5am or whatever the next day (So I can sleep in my bed lolol). But I'll probably just end up going anyways, if I go I can definitely drive you both. No specific time I'll be leaving though. I have some important stuff to do tomorrow so it would be later, 8ish maybe

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alright guys I plan on sleeping at about 7 or 8 o'clock. People can come over anytime after 5 o'clock. I'll probably be wakin up at around 5:30 and getting everybody up. That way we can all shower and mosey outta here. Seeya guys soon!

brningpyre

Smash Lord
If everyone could be at Brandon's or my house when Jamie and I leave tomorrow morning, that help us out a lot.

People wanting to stay at our place will have to coordinate with Jamie (I'll be out all night).

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Gonna sleep at my place and wake up early in the morning to drive out to spruce instead. Just in case someone needed a heads up on that.
Didin't have enough time to do the **** I wanted to today and drive everyone there. Sorry bout that.

lilseph

Smash Ace
It was only a matter of time before he was second place Mark. How long ago did I call that?

brningpyre

Smash Lord
You ****ers keep ignoring me when I ask for a tourney date, dammit!

We'll try a Sunday date for this monthly. Please let me know which one works for you guys.

May 6, 13, 20, 27. Several people noted that later in the month would be better for them, so I'm suggesting May 20/27.

KillLock

Smash Lord
6th or 13th for me.

also keith when you upload please put character brackets in the videos kthxbai <3

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
im down for whatever date keith... tourney on sundays now? thats goin to be awkward.

I just realized that I have soccer practice on sundays which usually start at 5pm or so. but i will most likely skip it since we only do this once a month. lol

Limeee

Smash Champion
like can we just book off a bunch of days (saturdays and sundays throughout the months) and then just smash there whenever we feel
no pay, and if no one ends up going it probably wont be a big deal since no one checks on our room anyways

i think our real tournaments should be at a different venue, some kind of nerdy place that would attract people to our tournaments (just like the venue in BC), because hosting at the uni has gotten us few new players and 0 players that actually stay and commit :/

i wouldn't mind paying $5 venue fee if it meant our scene reviving, all we need to do is host a few tournaments somehwere else to get people to actually come

my possibly ******** two cents

:009:

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
if not just having the tourneys at the hobby shops(If we find one big enough) we should atleast advertise at them so we get better attendance. I would be down for smashfests at the uni as well.

No biggy Keith, give it to me whenever... also, did you record the match(i think we did on stream) where I sucked you off the stage LOL.

Im not sure what sunday is good for me

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
keith send me some flyers through email (kknand@ualberta.ca). i found out that Overclocked gaming randomly has a smash brawl setup and apparently a bunch of guys play it. not sure if they are competitive or anything but i was thinking I could go over there and put up a bunch of flyers for our monthly around the setup. it is no problem as it is literally walking distance from where I work.

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
^good idea! I am going to see if i can put some up at warp 1 as well. would we be able to put some up at the Uni or macewan?

edit: watch out guys my pits gonna be so good next monthly imma be grabiing the stage all day... but i gotta watch out for those -2 snake and marth MU's

Top Bottom