• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

Limeee

Smash Champion
shoutouts to keith for paying for all the new players entrance fee's and not telling anybody

super successful tourney. i still have a stupid grin on my face from how epic project melee grandfinals was (+connors epic run with boozer <3)

hope to see most of you next saturday :)

project m results from what i remember are
1.Luke :dk: :toonlink: :lucario:
2. Jack :snake: :snake: :snake: :snake: and :marth: :ike:
3. CONNOR :bowser2: <3
4. kuraudo :link2: :sonic:
5. victra :wario:
5. Limeee :mario2: :wolf: :ike:
????
:009:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Seems like Ike has a harder time against heavys, like your DK and Connor's Bowser.

So much fun MY GOD. So much better than seeing everyone playing mk or marth/fox.

Shout outs to Luke's DK, Connor's Bowser, Jack's Snake

Entertainment 24/7

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
ATTN:
Hey Brawl community, I know many of you don't check out the Alberta Thread, but Sid has recently made a very very troubling post.

Our good friend Jarrett has gone missing. Please see Sid's post for details.
Hey guys. I'm very concerned about the well-being of Jarrett (Solaris1110). His family doesn't know where he may have gone, and he has deleted his Facebook account and wiped his computer since anyone has seen him last. Otherwise, none of his possessions seem to be missing. His smashboards account is still here with a last activity of Saturday at 6pm. He was last seen Sunday at 7pm at his house.

It's pretty unusual for him to be missing given his seemingly strict medication schedule. I know he has a tendency to go on very long walks to random places, but nothing longer than like 8 hours that I know of. It's also strange that both his FB and computer are deleted.

He has a mental health condition called catatonia. He also has aspergers, which is on the autism spectrum.
Please call Edmonton City Police if you see him or hear anything about where he might be. Also Jarrett if you happen to log on and see this, call me or your family or something. We're all worried about you...
Thanks, guys.

Stevo

Smash Champion
are you guys going to be having more project M tournaments?

I would be interseted in attending from time to time. I'll have to practice up though. I'm not used to these brawl character shenanigans!

Limeee

Smash Champion
we never book the room so we can basically just have smashfests there on saturdays

i would certainly go
is this room always going to be open on saturdays luke?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think if we're going to do this, we should get in contact with the campus tech, so we can borrow their TVs and host them in CAB instead.

That way we have up to like 10 tvs of perfect size as opposed to bringing our own.

It's what I did for that KSA tourney.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
at least luke and i go off the unwritten rule of **** melee top tiers.

except for that time luke got desperate and went fox

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I wanted to make it a 2 set grand finals. I was planning on staying dk/tlink for the 2nd set but Jack was actually playing a good marth so I went fox to extend the set but still lost :/.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Keith, do you think you can compress the files and then send them to me?

And the tio file cuz I need to properly label the people.

Brown.

Smash Apprentice
Just finished up team Brawl tourney at my school, me and my friend (not Fuad) got 3rd behind a pt/pika in 2nd

Surprisingly the people in first actually knew what they were doing. Playing as Marth/Snake theynever lost a match, usually won matches with 2 stock and low % (3 stock each) and both of them knew their technical moves really well (dacus, nade spam, I forget literally every single other brawl term) I asked if they had ever been to tourney and they said no, suggested they come to monthlies, once again a no. Obviously I've gotten worse but I doubt I would've been able to get either of them down to 1 stock in a singles game.

ANYWAYAYAYAYS
I've been thinking about showing up again, for friendlies each month (unless I actually get around too looking at my wii then maybe I could start training again) I realized recently (with Jarrett's passing and the school tournament) that I miss Brawl, aswell as all of the people I met, a ton.
I usually work saturdays but if given enough notice I could book off sat (maybe)

I<3u

Top Bottom