• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well for me, and the character that I play, I can't improve whatsoever. So, different strokes for different blokes, is what this comes down to.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! So i had some issues with youtube... and at one point my comp crashed whiched caused many files i set up to be deleted. However! I have all the vids recorded being posted onto youtube currently. so throughout the day more and more vids will be up. i have something like 15 vids being uploaded back to back. (3 of them were going while i was asleep and took 8 hours). So the upload process is slow, but you can find the vids as they come up throughout the day here..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Diminisht

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well for me, and the character that I play, I can't improve whatsoever. So, different strokes for different blokes, is what this comes down to.
Wtf does this even mean? Are you implying that you're the best sonic in the world or something? You could definitely improve, I don't think anyone can't not improve.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wtf does this even mean? Are you implying that you're the best sonic in the world or something? You could definitely improve, I don't think anyone can't not improve.

Way to take my statement and blow it COMPLETELY outta proportion. :\

I'm just saying that I think Sonic is really ****ty online, and I'm doing myself more harm then good if I use him online since the timing on spinshots, the cancelling and jumping of ASC's, and everything that goes with it, is horribly off and the most I can do is dash attack and hope they don't punish spamming spin dashes. And get random DSmash kills. I can't be risky with down air kills off stage, or do as much off stage that I would with Sonic without the fear of lag making the game register me pushing something else and killing my ***.

There's nothing I can learn for Sonic online, is what I'm saying. Not ONCE did I say that I was the best Sonic in the world or anything along those lines.

Sheesh, I haven't even gone to bed yet and I know how to read and interpret better.

...and with that, it looks like I'm grouchy. Gonna catch some sleep. lol

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
He meant online he cant improve his Sonic at this point

lrn2read

Ike is trash online honestly, if I adapted my play style to suit lag, itd be different, but then Ill just make my timings and such worst for offline. If you spam Fair and jab, sure online itll work, but offline youll get grabbed or w/e. So Id much rather play Ike badly online, getting better just from experience and taking it offline, even though I may lose on wifi alot because of it, than switch my gameplay up and get wrecked offline

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brandon didn't use online in his post, so how am I supposed to know that ****? Other than the fact we're talking about online, but at the same time he's disputing online's effectiveness so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume he's talking about offline as well. Also, even if Brandon was talking about online, my statement still stands. There are better sonics than you who play wifi, and there is always ways to improve by any method.

lol at everyone thinking their main is trash online.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Let's stop talking about WiFi.

It's getting stupid. Let's hype up what counts.

I lied. Let's talk about WiFi because I'm fed up. lol

[EDIT]

PS; Luke. We were talking about online a lot. You think I'm just gonna pull a **** hook and start talking about offline and what I do there next?

ONE post out of so many we were making of online and you decide to read it wrong. You got a head. Use it. You try so hard to be so right all the time and any time someone has something different to say, you're in trying to bring them down or how **** arrogant you can be at times.

"lol at everyone thinking their main is trash online."

Your Falco is a ****ing joke online, Luke. And yes, that's the one that you were using the most on me after you finished trying out Peach (fun games, way too fun)

Your Falco is amazing offline, Luke. As is your G&W and the like. If WiFi had as much validity as you give it, I would NEVER win against you using Wario or P.Trainer or Ike or whoever else I decide to randomly use, no matter how little the wins or loses. We're trashy compared to our more attuned selves offline.

I don't know why you can't see that. The good online players simply just adapt to lag and play to capitalize on mistakes that can be made in said lag, and offline they're good either way from consistent playing, and when they DO face people offline, they adapt to that very fast and take the basics of what they learned online, and then beast offline.

There's nothing you can learn from WiFi except basics. Match-ups are skewed as well due to the fact that, like you, your opponent is also playing to take advantage of that lag if you make one slip-up you wouldn't make offline. You can't ever feel bad losing online if you make stupid SDs and the like. You know the reason why you SD if you're playing online.

I just had a lot to say in regards to this, and was mad. If you wanna respond to this, go ahead. But I'm leaving this topic behind and just waiting for when the monthly occurs. It's gonna be awesome.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
i have NO IDEA why any is arguing about online, not much to be said about it.

but anyways can't wait for next tournament.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
*Update on Uploads*

umm just so you know, the uploads have been going since 2am last night, (about 22hrs ago) and only 9 out of 18 vids are done. so its looking like my computer is going to be uploading vids for 48hrs straight, ohmy...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Let's stop talking about WiFi.

It's getting stupid. Let's hype up what counts.

I lied. Let's talk about WiFi because I'm fed up. lol

[EDIT]

PS; Luke. We were talking about online a lot. You think I'm just gonna pull a **** hook and start talking about offline and what I do there next?

ONE post out of so many we were making of online and you decide to read it wrong. You got a head. Use it. You try so hard to be so right all the time and any time someone has something different to say, you're in trying to bring them down or how **** arrogant you can be at times.

How the hell am I being arrogant? If anything both you and Adam were trying to put me down by pointing out how obvious it was what you were talking about. Chill out man, I am not trying to start anything, but when you're gonna pull this **** be prepared to get **** on, seriously. All I was doing, was explaining why I said what I said (which wasn't even that big of a deal, if you took it offensively I am sorry, but I can't see how that's possible).

"lol at everyone thinking their main is trash online."

Your Falco is a ****ing joke online, Luke. And yes, that's the one that you were using the most on me after you finished trying out Peach (fun games, way too fun)

Your Falco is amazing offline, Luke. As is your G&W and the like. If WiFi had as much validity as you give it, I would NEVER win against you using Wario or P.Trainer or Ike or whoever else I decide to randomly use, no matter how little the wins or loses. We're trashy compared to our more attuned selves offline.

My falco is fine online, but I do remember only using him like 3-4 matches, and the matches I lost I SD'd. Not only that you took it to Japes, for some reason, and although it's a good falco stage, I think I SD'd twice, or at least I fell into the water at a low percentage or something. But yeah, falco does suffer from online, but GaW doesn't, and neither does ike, or snake, or olimar (at least not as much as most) etc.

I don't know why you can't see that. The good online players simply just adapt to lag and play to capitalize on mistakes that can be made in said lag, and offline they're good either way from consistent playing, and when they DO face people offline, they adapt to that very fast and take the basics of what they learned online, and then beast offline.

Exactly. This paragraph confuses me, because this is what I've been saying, you learn what you need and then apply it to online cause it's not hard to adapt. You're getting the right idea here, but....

There's nothing you can learn from WiFi except basics. Match-ups are skewed as well due to the fact that, like you, your opponent is also playing to take advantage of that lag if you make one slip-up you wouldn't make offline. You can't ever feel bad losing online if you make stupid SDs and the like. You know the reason why you SD if you're playing online.

This paragraph is wack. You can learn more than basics, but lets just pretend that's all you can learn, I'd still say it's worth playing, even if you think you know the basics, because basics aren't so basic. Basics include learning how to adapt to situations, and even learning generic patterns that most people use to get out of things. However, you can learn a lot more than just the basics online. Match-ups aren't that skewed, they're different, but only slightly. The strategy won't change, and neither will what moves you use in every situation. You can't deny this, because the only thing that changes is input lag and buffer frames. Mark successfully learned how to do pika's CG, mainly online. That CG takes pretty tight timing, especially vs MK, but he does mess up the CG online often, but unless he's ********, he's not going to stop using the CG offline.

I just had a lot to say in regards to this, and was mad. If you wanna respond to this, go ahead. But I'm leaving this topic behind and just waiting for when the monthly occurs. It's gonna be awesome.

Of course I'd respond to this. You got a little hostile, and I am not just gonna let that go, sorry. If you were expecting something else, you don't know me very well. Yes, the next monthly will be fun, but I don't think it's fair for you to come in and say wifi is bad, and as a result turning people away from online. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself, but there are plenty of players that have gotten very good from online, and to name a few: Ally, Clouderz, Dabuz, ADHD, Anther etc. All very good players, all played on the AiB ladder, and all who do well in tournaments. It's not by chance they're all good, it's by the fact that they took the time and used online to the best of their ability. They knew it was a resource that needs to be used a certain way, and they used it properly and the rewards were great.

So again, keep the wifi bashing to yourself. If you don't want to use this valuable resource, that's fine, but don't try to get people thinking the same way. I just wanted to help, and you kind of made me out to be the bad guy, and I think that's horse ****.
Responses in bold. I hate to drag this on, but yeah, sometimes it happens >_>.

T-block

B2B TST
Can we get a date settled please? I've had a couple people ask me about it now.

I think the 30th would be best. Anyone have a problem with that?

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! so the vids are still uploading, thanks for taking 2 full days youtube. And ive noticed there seems to be a little lag every 5-10seconds and im not sure why.. i gotta investigate this and fix it for the next monthly. Sorry!

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
kk it's seeming like this'll go down on the 30th (unless lots of ppl are suddenly opposed to this date?), I should be forming the group officially this week and so hopefully by the weekend I'll have a confirmed room and date for the monthly

also thanks for the vids dim, i've watched a few so far and I like them

Yoshara

Smash Lord
You would need a Video capture card (most people use Pinacles "Dazzle"), and something to split the video feed between a TV and the PC (unless you want to play on the PC/Laptops moniter). You would then need a program to allow you to record that footage, and some basic video editing software to split the matches into seperate videos.

T-block

B2B TST
^Yep

Alternatively, if your TV has Output ports, you just need a cable to connect the TV Output to your capture device, instead of all the wires needed to split the feed.

By the way, still waiting on setup confirmation guys =\

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
What would I need to buy/download to do this, and where?

Bringing my Wii, definetly. Ill try for a TV as well, but I really dont want to drag this TV around

Oh Yosh, actually on our earlier subject, I forgot I messaged you XD. Do you make the songs yourself, or did you download them. Do you also have a list of what you have on your Wii?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Wait, if you can do it, why dont you ever record for us o.o.

How much it cost you Mike, and what sorta cables do I need....and yes...Im that computer illiterate

T-block

B2B TST
I don't actually have the cables lol... and when I do get them it'll be simple male-male A/V because my TV can output. The way I record now is to save replays on my Wii, then connect the Wii directly to the capture device to record. I tried to let everyone know my Wii had infinite replay enabled, but that's about all I can do since I'm not buying the cables.

I think these would work http://www.cablewholesale.com/prodimages/2rca-male-3.5mm-stereo-female-y-cable.jpg, and you'd need three of them. Although I haven't looked all that much into using the Y-cables, so you'd better get a second opinion before you go and buy.

Limeee

Smash Champion
They've already agreed on the 30th.

EDIT: haha that was keith but anyways,

any confirmed setups? lets have a list for who brings wiis and who brings tv's and who bring both. That way we can link tv's to other people's wiis and have a lot more setups

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
To record matches you need the following:

-Pinnacle Dazzler recorder.
-Laptop with either tons of free hard drive space, OR an external hard drive. (when I say tons, I mean about 30GB for each monthly)
-"Instant DVD Recorder" Software by pinnacle (can get online)
-and a component cable (any color). only 1 if you want to record only video like me and then dub in music. Or if you want to also record sound, you need 3 component cables, but also a splitter to keep the sounds coming out of the TV as well. this is only if your TV has a video/audio OUT. which majority of 20" + tvs do.

T-block

B2B TST
Supporting Jamie's idea about confirming setups. We've got one setup and one Wii so far =\

Date set for Jan. 30th. Still trying to sort out a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom