• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sakurai said he didn't find any Gen. 2 reps suitable...that's an interesting tidbit. Seems to me that he did look to the latest generation to see which new Pokemon could work, though he didn't feel obligated to add any until the clones came up.

Relevance only matters for Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Nothing that we know about any other Smash series indicates otherwise.

I do feel people are irrationally clingy to all veterans over potential newcomers in those series, since they universally dislike cuts, but all signs pointed to Roy returning alongside Ike until late in development. Whether or not this is the case for SSB4 is irrelevant to this discussion.

It's not a smart idea to accuse people of spending their time discussing Smash when their post count is about a fraction the size of yours.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For some reason, I was thinking of this theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJbEV3OcaGU
While you, SSBF, and I were doing a swag walk with black suits and shades like Agent J and Agent K did in the opening to the show when I read that. :laugh:
Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiJBClyFa9k
:shades:

Sakurai said he didn't find any Gen. 2 reps suitable...that's an interesting tidbit. Seems to me that he did look to the latest generation to see which new Pokemon could work, though he didn't feel obligated to add any until the clones came up.

Relevance only matters for Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Nothing that we know about any other Smash series indicates otherwise.
Technically the source for that isn't the most reputable, although a LOT of it does hold up. It's best to take it with a grain of salt.

I can agree a bit there, but you gotta throw Mother in there too. All those series have one big thing in common, the main cast that is always changing up with each game. Of course, it's not the or the only deciding factor for inclusion though.

It's not a smart idea to accuse people of spending their time discussing Smash when their post count is about a fraction the size of yours.
Even better comeback than the one I made.

EDIT: Oops, made a major mistake in one of my sentences. :embarrass:

D

Deleted member

Because you're one of those Sakurai scholars who scrutinizes his every word to most accurately predict SSB4's roster, yeah? That's what you do primarily with your time, right?

If relevance was not important, Lucario would not have been in Brawl.
I could honestly care less about how I spend my time on the Internet. I stopped caring a long time ago.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i'm not gonna lie, this is some pretty funny reading i'm having. Relevancy is a big part of inclusion, which is why a lot of characters will get in and others wont. Is K.Rool a big part in Donkey Kong's games now? no, but is he relevant to the series? Very much so. Seeing as though Super Smash Bros. also reflects on the history of Nintendo as a whole, then relevancy is definitely a factor. Its like saying because Assassins Creed 3 is coming to Wii U, that the protagonist is going to be in Smash Bros., which is probably not going to happen because he isnt really relevant at this point in time.

IS Roy relevant to Fire Emblem right now? maybe not, but do the fans of the series and Smash Bros want him in the game as a favorite Fire Emblem character? YES! There are branches to relevancy, its not just one trait that defines it. thats is why it DOES matter. If it was based purely on what we see in the newest games, there would be no Pit, Ice Climbers, G&W, R.O.B, Marth.

It doesnt matter in ALL cases, but most of the time it does

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also feel the need to mention that Lucario was, you know, popular pre-Brawl, Spire, Smash-wise and to Pokemon fans, and remains so today. Lucario had his own merits for inclusion. Relevancy wasn't needed.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Relevancy and popularity goes hand in hand but, in some cases, being relevant doesnt necessarily mean a guaranteed roster spot. Lucario was the recent Gen 4 Pokemon which indeed helped his chances but he was also popular and intensely requested by both Lucario, Pokemon, and Smash fans.

However, Roy is very popular; especially among fans within Japan which is quite surprising due to his lack if relevancy. It is not entirely out of the realm of possibility to see Roy make a return due to his sheet demand by fans of both Smash and FE.

I think it's important to steer away from basing our opinion on conjecture and speculation and rather on research and facts. Then we build our own speculation on the information we researched. By saying that "x character won't be in Smash" is baseless conjecture since it shows no research is done. Of course, some characters are less likely than others but Roy (and other characters of merit) do have a decent chance of returning.

We have yet to have a Smash game that has a previously cut character and it's entirely possible that Smash 4 could be the first Smash game to bring back cut veterans.
:phone:

yani

Smash Lord
Because you're one of those Sakurai scholars who scrutinizes his every word to most accurately predict SSB4's roster, yeah? That's what you do primarily with your time, right?
Or, you know, we check our facts before we preach hogwash ;)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Relevancy and popularity goes hand in hand but, in some cases, being relevant doesnt necessarily mean a guaranteed roster spot. Lucario was the recent Gen 4 Pokemon which indeed helped his chances but he was also popular and intensely requested by both Lucario, Pokemon, and Smash fans.

However, Roy is very popular; especially among fans within Japan which is quite surprising due to his lack if relevancy. It is not entirely out of the realm of possibility to see Roy make a return due to his sheet demand by fans of both Smash and FE.

I think it's important to steer away from basing our opinion on conjecture and speculation and rather on research and facts.

^This! Some characters are definitely candidates for Smash Bros., you could say any Nintendo Character is. But, at the end of the day, some of those characters have hardly any chance compared to others. By thinking via logic, it isnt hard to see why some characters will make it in, and why others wont. Speculation doesn't hurt, but sometimes it works better if logic plays into it

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright. So relevancy is out the window. I mean, I guess it's safe to say everyone in Smash Bros. is in because as Nintendo characters, they are relevant to the concept of the game.

Some might say Ice Climbers weren't relevant because everyone in SSB64 was current, but made it into Melee anyways. And G&W. Then Pit and R.O.B.. Well, retrospectively they are relevant. Does that make every single Nintendo character ever relevant? I mean, especially those with one-off games from the early consoles, those that were crucial to Nintendo's foundation but haven't really seen the light of day since i.e. Balloon Fighter, Stanley, Mach Rider (who's totally the basis for Captain Falcon), etc. But I digress..

There is a difference between what is relevant and what is current. As stated above, every Nintendo character is relevant. Even Sheriff. I will admit, I had dithered the line between what's relevant and what's current. Agahnim and Zant are relevant, but Ghirahim is current. Roy is relevant (and somewhat current), but Chrom (is it Krom?) is even more current. Something that is current has an advantage though. There's a reason why Twilight Princess and Wind Waker received large representation in Brawl, while Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask did not. They had the advantage of being more current (Phantom Hourglass was the newest Zelda at the time). I think one way Sakurai and company could solve the issue for series aestheticism is to create an overarching Smash style unique to the series, rather than borrowing models (or looks) from current games like Twilight Princess.

Phantom Hourglass was the newest Zelda game during Brawl's development, but was it deserving of being the main aesthetic of Zelda? Of course not. It probably helped seal Toon Link in, but the Pirate Ship stage was still Wind Waker-influenced, not PH. TP and WW were just bigger games. Path of Radiance was released in 2005 and Radiant Dawn in 2007/08. Ike was FE's primary protagonist in those 3 years encompassing much of Brawl's development. Ike was current, that's why he made it in Brawl. Ike and Roy will be DLC for FE: Awakening, making them current—but it's the face of the game that'll have the advantage. Though I suppose such rules really won't be followed. Ike got in Brawl for one reason; doesn't mean Sakurai will choose the next FE rep based on the same criteria.

After writing this, I understand your stances on relevancy a bit more, though currency certainly plays a role in roster selection. Seeing as how Sakurai has already chosen the roster, we either: a) are already familiar with the characters, or b) will be surprised to see another "Roy" pulled where a character yet-to-debut will make the cut.

Time will tell!

JPW

Smash Ace
It's amazing how much people love Roy here and actually think he has a better chance of taking Ike's spot.

In case if you didn't know Ike is also DLC for the new FE3DS game. So there's an argument for Ike there.
Not to mention his son has also been confirmed for DLC.

How Roy has a chance over Ike is beyond me. Popularity card huh? Guess what Ike is popular too. Revelance? Ike has been in 2 FE games. Played the lord in both of them. Roy was technically in 2 games, but he only played the lord in one of them, the other time he was just a baby. Both are up for DLC in the new FE game so it could be either of them. I'd put my money on Ike more than Roy though.

D

Deleted member

It's amazing how much people love Roy here and actually think he has a better chance of taking Ike's spot.

In case if you didn't know Ike is also DLC for the new FE3DS game. So there's an argument for Ike there.
Not to mention his son has also been confirmed for DLC.

How Roy has a chance over Ike is beyond me. Popularity card huh? Guess what Ike is popular too. Revelance? Ike has been in 2 FE games. Played the lord in both of them. Roy was technically in 2 games, but he only played the lord in one of them, the other time he was just a baby. Both are up for DLC in the new FE game so it could be either of them. I'd put my money on Ike more than Roy though.
It's amazing that you don't read.
We don't want Roy to take Ike's spot nor do we think he has a better chance than Ike.
We want Roy and Ike. Together.

Also, btw, Paris is Spotpass, not the type of DLC Ike and Roy are.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Of course, people want both veterans returning over an unknown newcomer, likely Krom. However, in the process, they abstractly argue why Fire Emblem won't receive a newcomer, or why it will receive four characters, when both scenarios are less likely than one of Ike or Roy not making the cut.

D

Deleted member

Except the scenario that Fire Emblem doesn't get a new character is much more likely than you think.

Especially when you stop clinging to the "latest Lord always gets in" mentality as it really wasn't the case for either Roy or Ike.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It wouldn't be too surprising if being the latest Lord was, in fact, the reason Roy and Ike became playable, albeit a reason Sakurai would try to avoid in interviews by claiming he was "representing Fire Emblem" or including a popular character.

To justify their addition as just casually tossing in the newest guy would seem an underwhelming reason to add them, so he avoided saying so in public, despite the fact that those characters did represent new games in addition to being popular.

I definitely don't want Krom added just for being in the right game at the right time, but at this point, I think it would seem odd to leave the series at a stagnant point, with three old characters and no new one when people may expect the latter, especially based on the (possible) precedent set by Roy and Ike.

D

Deleted member

Dude, he gave the excuse that medics would make sense to be on hand in a fight scene for Dr. Mario.
I'm pretty sure that the reasoning that they're the "newest" (which they technically weren't; Leaf and Micaiah were. Roy's game came after Melee, so he didn't exist in the Fire Emblem scene, and Ike debuted in the game prior to Micaiah's so he wouldn't have the luxury of being the "latest" or "newest" main character. Recurring major character who happens to be in the same game as Micaiah, yes, but he no longer has the "New Lord" smell, so to speak.) would be less underwhelming and less BS of a reason.

But the fact he gave non-BSed reasoning for them unlike he did Dr. Mario stands to reason that he isn't making crap up for them to be "not underwhelming".
Especially when the reasoning for Ganondorf is "he fit Captain Falcon's model".

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I definitely don't want Krom added just for being in the right game at the right time, but at this point, I think it would seem odd to leave the series at a stagnant point, with three old characters and no new one when people may expect the latter, especially based on the (possible) precedent set by Roy and Ike.
Probably would be even weirder to have 3 blue haired swordsmen. lol

You are right about him not getting in for being in for having the timing right. Even with Roy and Ike, the main priority was getting a character that would fit well into Smash. Being new, in Ike's case, was just a way to narrow down choices, by all means I'd bet that Lyn was the second choice after Ike, but it is tough to compete with Ike if you look at his abilities and fighting style.

Krom will get in based on his own merits as a character, if he comes under Sakurai's eye, which he probably has already. I'd bet that Relevance is one of the things that help certain characters (FE/Pokemon/Mother) get noticed and nothing more.

D

Deleted member

--- said:
I'd bet that Relevance is one of the things that help certain characters (FE/Pokemon/Mother) get noticed and nothing more.
Pretty much this. I don't put much stock in relevance outside of getting noticed even for franchises with constantly changing protagonists.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What individual traits does Krom actually possess? Or Roy, for that matter...people claim both could have original movesets, but don't bother writing out what they can actually do (aside from Krom using a lance that will be totally ignored in Smash, like Ike's axe).

If representing Fire Emblem as a whole is what Sakurai is shooting for here, it's feasible to think he'll include both old and new from the series, rather than just old. I'm glad I'm not invested in any of the characters, since it would be infuriating to miss out on a favorite because of such subjective stuff.

D

Deleted member

Roy has a fighting style that derives more into thrusts rather than slashes like Marth, and is also capable of doing more than just fire slashes as shown in Melee.

He can create waves of fire and make set areas explode into flame as well. (And I'm not talking like Flare Blade). He also has an energy field that can sap health from the enemy. He does have heavy slash hits, though, so he would use some of those like Marth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCePyRiqpyw

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's the thing. Fire Emblem just isn't as big as you guys want it to be. Because of that, none of the characters save Marth really even matter [yet]. Perhaps with time they will become staples and recognized as Nintendo veterans... haha yeah right. A bunch of generic anime warriors are never going to be anything. Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's least known series represented in Smash. Its properties are not iconic. Roy does not matter. Ike does not matter. Marth might, but just a little. Krom certainly doesn't matter but he's the newest FE lord as of right now.

@GoldenYuiitusin—stop bull****ting with this "Roy and Ike weren't the newest lords circa Melee and Brawl". Roy debuted a couple months in FE after Melee was released. That time frame makes him the newest. If Roy's game was to release a year after Melee, Leaf would have had a much stronger chance. Roy was in simply because his game was coming out soon, thus making him the most current lord. And Ike? His first game was 2005, his second 2007/2008, right before Brawl's release. Micaiah debuted in the latter, but he was still present, and honestly more prevalent in the game. Micaiah wasn't as popular as Ike, nor did she represent the Fire Emblem series for what it traditionally brings to mind.

So no **** Roy and Ike got in Melee and Brawl. Hey, Micaiah would've been really cool actually. I think she's an interesting character, but the public liked Ike and because Fire Emblem is a lesser franchise with relatively vapid characters, popularity and currency seems to win. Which to your advantage means Roy has a chance of returning. If Roy gains enough demand to actually return, then he'll officially be the second most important Fire Emblem character ever. Smash Bros. has really stipulated the importance of FE, because half the world knows what the series is because of Melee. Marth and Roy brought FE to the west. Roy might prove to be important after all. With that being said, Marth, Roy, and Krom/new FE lord would be my pick for SSB4. Ike's gotta be replaced.

Okmaiwolf13

Smash Rookie
I would like to see in it is ridley because in the metriod series he played a very good bad guy and his move set can be brawl move set

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin—stop bull****ting with this "Roy and Ike weren't the newest lords circa Melee and Brawl". Roy debuted a couple months in FE after Melee was released. That time frame makes him the newest. If Roy's game was to release a year after Melee, Leaf would have had a much stronger chance. Roy was in simply because his game was coming out soon, thus making him the most current lord. And Ike? His first game was 2005, his second 2007/2008, right before Brawl's release. Micaiah debuted in the latter, but he was still present, and honestly more prevalent in the game. Micaiah wasn't as popular as Ike, nor did she represent the Fire Emblem series for what it traditionally brings to mind.
I'll stop "bull****ting" when I actually am bull****ting, thank you very much.
Can't be the latest in anything if you don't exist yet.
Let me get it through your thick skull on something. Sakurai did not pick Roy for being the latest Lord as he didn't exist in the series yet. Roy
was promotion for a future game that he was going to be the latest Lord (future rulers/kings/Presidents/whatever are not listed as the newest until they actually ARE that title) as well as his fire sword abilities interested Sakurai, which made him stand out in his eyes in comparison to Leaf, who he DID consider.
It was more of a latest Lord with minor differences to Marth in how his sword is vs. a future Lord with a fire sword.

And despite Ike being prevalent in Radiant Dawn, he still was not the "newest" main character as he had already been in Path of Radiance prior to it.
But you mention that Ike is much more popular of a character than Micaiah (as well as give a subjective stance on how she doesn't "represent what Fire Emblem is about", but that's irrelevant to the argument) so that must mean that *gasp* it wasn't because he was the latest Lord, but rather popularity! Jesus, that must be so hard for you to grasp!
It also certainly doesn't have to do with the fact that Sakurai wasn't looking for the newest character in the first place. He wanted a new Fire Emblem character to add, but he didn't know who. So he went to Intelligent Systems for ideas. They suggested Ike. Sakurai adds Ike. End of story.

The only way Krom is getting in is if Sakurai actually wants to include a "new" Fire Emblem character, go to Intelligent Systems about it, they suggest Krom, and Sakurai is willing to overlook his stark similarities to Ike.
But no, Ike isn't going to be cut for some stupid arbitrary reason formulated from false judgement of some random guy from Texas who doesn't know what he's talking about and denounces what everyone else says as bull****.

D

Deleted member

Spire said:
Here's the thing. Fire Emblem just isn't as big as you guys want it to be. Because of that, none of the characters save Marth really even matter [yet]. Perhaps with time they will become staples and recognized as Nintendo veterans... haha yeah right. A bunch of generic anime warriors are never going to be anything. Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's least known series represented in Smash. Its properties are not iconic. Roy does not matter. Ike does not matter. Marth might, but just a little. Krom certainly doesn't matter but he's the newest FE lord as of right now.
Fire Emblem might not be a big series for Nintendo, but considering that Donkey Kong, the fifth biggest series for Nintendo, has less rep than the much less successful Star Fox and even the more successful Metroid has less reps, I'd say that how big the series is has little impact on how many characters get in.

You also contradicted yourself with Roy there, saying that he along with Marth brought the series to the West. Along with Sakurai going on the record to say that he put in Roy to promote the Fire Emblem series, I would say that Roy at least has values in Sakurai's eyes (and he did try to bring back Roy, but had to cut due to time constraints).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The only way Krom is getting in is if Sakurai actually wants to include a "new" Fire Emblem character, go to Intelligent Systems about it, they suggest Krom, and Sakurai is willing to overlook his stark similarities to Ike.
It's my understanding that Krom uses Lances in addition to swords. If Sakurai emphasizes that, then Krom could be unique from any of the other FE characters. But he probably won't.

And I agree with you that "relevance" isn't the only deciding factor in who gets to be/stay in SSB.

Spire

III
BRoomer
lol okay. YOU GUYS WIN. I won't waste my time here any longer. Have fun polishing Sakurai's ****.

D

Deleted member

lol okay. YOU GUYS WIN. I won't waste my time here any longer. Have fun polishing Sakurai's ****.
You mean the same one you got dirty by shoving it up your ***? :troll:

(lol, I'm totally getting punished for this)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

So no **** Roy and Ike got in Melee and Brawl. Hey, Micaiah would've been really cool actually. I think she's an interesting character, but the public liked Ike and because Fire Emblem is a lesser franchise with relatively vapid characters, popularity and currency seems to win. Which to your advantage means Roy has a chance of returning. If Roy gains enough demand to actually return, then he'll officially be the second most important Fire Emblem character ever. Smash Bros. has really stipulated the importance of FE, because half the world knows what the series is because of Melee. Marth and Roy brought FE to the west. Roy might prove to be important after all. With that being said, Marth, Roy, and Krom/new FE lord would be my pick for SSB4. Ike's gotta be replaced.
Actually, FE is very popular in Japan. It is easily considered a flag ship series alongside Mario and Legend of Zelda. In fact, most of my junior high students are more familiar to Fire Emblem than to Metroid, Mother, Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero, etc). It is only slightly less known than Kirby.

Id say of my junior high students, 4 out of 10 them know of or play Fire Emblem. Out of my 5th to 6th grade students, I'd say 6 out of 10 knows or or plays Fire Emblem.

Not to mention the new Fire Emblem: Awakening was advertised everywhere; on tv, in movie theaters, in video game stores, in pamphlets, etc.

So FE is a very popular series within the Nintendo universe.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fire Emblem is indeed a popular series. In Japan. In other countries it's less popular, primarily due to only several games being released outside of Japan with little fan fare. Hence why most people are only familiar with Marth, Roy, Ike and such from Super Smash Bros as apposed to Fire Emblem.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i think that part of the reason why "we win" is because of the constant insulting or "i know what im talking about" response. remember, smash bros is about the history of Nintendo, so with Ike being a part of Fire Emblem, him being different from Marth and being suggested got him into the game. Whether or not he is new doesnt disregard the fact that he is a part of the series.

and may i ask, why would they replace a unique character in a different weight class than Marth, with another character that would likely be in the same weight class and be more similar to Marth? that wouldnt be a good reason to replace ike

army man

Smash Ace
i think we might wanna move on -.-

talking zelda herz..

"So we have a number of different experiments going on, and [when] we decide that we’ve found the right one of those to really help bring Zelda to a very big audience, then we’ll be happy to announce it."

this is a quote by Miyamoto talking the new wii u zelda ideas, who do you think this link would be, or zelda, or ganon?(or other villian). or is this what hes even talking about? sounds like his reference to wind waker in 2000whatever

ideas people....?
plz

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Recent Sakurai Tweet:
At work while listening to the soundtrack "new Parutena(Palutena)". Just listen, I have many thoughts swirling ... trouble. Characters come speak in your head.
Palutena for Smash Brothers 4 confirmed! :awesome:

hahah oh many how much I wish this were true/really was a legit indicator. (:

But sadly, it's simply just straw grasping hahah :laugh:

But straw grabbing... with a passion.

---

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
This is how i feel when walking into a argument about the Fire Emblem characters. Or Other M. Both are big arguments.

[/QUOTE]

you could link an image, or you could just tell everyone that Ridley is obviously too big for smash, and we need to make way for realistic and important characters, like waluigi.

In all seriousness, I don't see them cutting Ike because he's a first party character with an original moveset. It isn't that hard to bring him over. Only clones and mewtwo were cut from melee, and mewtwo was the closest of the forbidden seven to be included. a bunch of the new characters from brawl and melee were originally planned in smash 64 (bowser, dedede, mewtwo) This shows that when sakurai decided on a character, he sticks with them, even across games. the clones were added into melee near last minute, so he wasn't as attached.

Don't count anyone out just because there are new characters that deserve a rep. It's much easier to revive an old original character than to start from scratch (you have a moveset) I don't see any argument so far that seems strong enough for sakurai to cut anyone.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I thought of this last night, and I don't expect it to be true or anything, but is Sakurai ported all the data from Brawl, wouldn't he be more likely to add characters like Waluigi, Issac, and Palutena since they already have models in the game, in addition to their popularity? The former two were AT's, and Palutena was recreated from the ground up like Pit was and seen in the SSE as well as a trophy.

I understand how weak of an argument this is (especially considering basically most of the characters being requested appear as trophies, excluding Shulk and Krom), but I wanted to see what you guys opinions are.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I thought of this last night, and I don't expect it to be true or anything, but is Sakurai ported all the data from Brawl, wouldn't he be more likely to add characters like Waluigi, Issac, and Palutena since they already have models in the game, in addition to their popularity? The former two were AT's, and Palutena was recreated from the ground up like Pit was and seen in the SSE as well as a trophy.

I understand how weak of an argument this is (especially considering basically most of the characters being requested appear as trophies, excluding Shulk and Krom), but I wanted to see what you guys opinions are.
All the character models are going to be made from scratch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything, he'd be more likely to add back the Brawl vets, seeing as the data is there. They just need new models and stuff.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The newcomer models would probably be made from scratch, since many of them have received tweaks or updates since Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom