• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why not redesign like Ninten? :smirk:
Ninten is a retro character that had no incarnation outside his sprite and first and only artwork. Dark Pit is literally SUPPOSE to be black Pit and debuted a year ago.

*Snicker* *Snicker*
Hotfeet: The ultimate smart ass who for some reason wonders why others respond to him like a smart ass. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Bomberman replacing Snake isn't likely. But sure as hell possible, I mean he does have more history with Nintendo. Not that I actually predict this will happen.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Not trying to denounce Bomberman, just saying Snake technically already uses explosives like Bomberman, we don't really need Bomberman to make the bomb concept more obvious.
I don't think Bomberman is necessary, either, but I can agree with Saturn on that this particular reasoning is rather poor. I don't think he's needed purely because KONAMI already has their big character in Smash Brothers. Why would they want to replace him with Bomberman, who is by no means a larger character, especially since Snake was already so well received?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hotfeet: The ultimate smart *** who for some reason wonders why others respond to him like a smart ***. :rolleyes:
You reply to people with a Snicker, it's perfectly fine, when I do it or anyone else does it back to you, they're a smart@$$. Logic, there is none. :p Then again, it's all too expected. XD

Edit: I just realized I finally passed 2,000 posts...hoorah! If it weren't for college and life itself getting in the way, I probably would be at 3,000 by now! :bluejump:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Bomberman is necessary, either, but I can agree with Saturn on that this particular reasoning is rather poor. I don't think he's needed purely because KONAMI already has their big character in Smash Brothers. Why would they want to replace him with Bomberman, who is by no means a larger character, especially since Snake was already so well received?
Again it's not likely. But because he's more Nintendo related and Snake was a request from a friend it's possible. Although likely not getting in, he does deserve a spot.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think I can blame this website for rotting my cells somehow: http://pleasesakurai.tumblr.com/

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Btw, to change the topic a bit, I was reminded by Saturn's new icon about today's "even more stupid than usual" screenshot. What does everyone think it means in terms of potential reveals (For example, I think he could be stalling to reveal Pac-Man)?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I have a friend who just joined named Telemonic. He's been a Smash player since I don't know when, so he's got some good knowledge to share.
The problem is it says he has "insufficient privileges to post."
What's that about, and how can it be fixed?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hey guys, I have a friend who just joined named Telemonic. He's been a Smash player since I don't know when, so he's got some good knowledge to share.
Never even heard of such a thing until now. Is it possible he's been confused for a previous user of this site that may have been IP Banned?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Did he do all the sign up instructions in order to make posts?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
the only time I had this problem when I joined, is when I tried to post something with less than 10 characters ask him if that's what he tried to do.
if not, ask if he was previously banned, or didn't agree to the terms and agreements, or something

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Btw, to change the topic a bit, I was reminded by Saturn's new icon about today's "even more stupid than usual" screenshot. What does everyone think it means in terms of potential reveals (For example, I think he could be stalling to reveal Pac-Man)?
He's simply posting pictures for the sake of posting pictures, it's not stalling it's simply having some fun during development.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Too much of a common topic, let's talk about Layton.
I like Layton, he's a great character with a strong tie to Nintendo. Also, speaking of Layton, I am psyched beyond belief for the Professor Layton X Ace Attorney crossover.

PS: I love the new Ace Attorney game, screw IGN for bashing on an eastern developed game...again...

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think Sakurai has completed Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii, so it might be the perfect time show off them before everyone rants hard.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've heard that Professor Layton x Ace Attorney is kind of a weak game, but then again I cannot form an opinion because I've never played it. Funnily, I'm not even a fan of either series, but being a crossover junkie it caught my attention.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I've heard that Professor Layton x Ace Attorney is kind of a weak game, but then again I cannot form an opinion because I've never played it. Funnily, I'm not even a fan of either series, but being a crossover junkie it caught my attention.
You're not the only one with that kind of ideal thinking.

I think Sakurai has completed Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii, so it might be the perfect time show off them before everyone rants hard.
I highly doubt that they're completed yet.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
What I mean is that all three of those characters are completed of development, so Sakurai is ready to show them off.
Somehow, I have my doubts. Is this supposed to connect to that rumour from back in June? There's been nothing other than that that suggests their confirmation.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You're not the only one with that kind of ideal thinking.
It indeed is, the best kind of opinion are the ones you experience first hand. You can do as much research as possible and listen to word of mouth, but it's another thing to immerse yourself in the situation. With experience, you can be genuine, which in turn means you'll have a strong outlook at things.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It indeed is, the best kind of opinion are the ones you experience first hand. You can do as much research as possible and listen to word of mouth, but it's another thing to immerse yourself in the situation. With experience, you can be genuine, which in turn means you'll have a strong outlook at things.
There are alot of people that could learn from what you just said, sadly a majority of them are probably too headstrong to accept any word other than what it is they wish to hear, and I'm not talking only Smashboards.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
It shouldn't take so long to develop a newcomer. Should take about 3 months or 4 to finish IMO.
Ah, I thought you were implying that there's been heavy implications towards those 3 happening rather soon. I still hate the idea of the Mii, so I'm relieved xD

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
good advice my friend, good advice mate

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There are alot of people that could learn from what you just said, sadly a majority of them are probably too headstrong to accept any word other than what it is they wish to hear, and I'm not talking only Smashboards.
That's the hard part, acceptance. Somethings your going to have to swallow no matter how much you beg or plead.

I'm no stranger to acceptance, sometimes even when you try you can't swallow it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think you're looking into something that isn't there and that even if it was he could be potentially stalling any character.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
so anyway, it looks like were in dire need of a new topic
lets do what SchAlternate has been talking about,

Edit: **** I didn't think this picture was this big

what do you guys think of Takamaru chances of getting in smash are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom