• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yet he can simply ignore the fans again like with the situation WFT, you never know,
Including WFT =/= ignoring the fans.

"A Magikarp Finds Love" By KingShadow
Ch. 1: Lovestruck
Twas a beautiful evening at Cerulean Cape. Magikarp was poking his head out of the water with his friends Slowpoke and Poliwag. That's when she appeared.
"Hey, who is she?" Magikarp asked. "That's SaturnGamer64, the fairest gamer throughout the land," Poliwag replied.
Then, an arrogant Swampasaur attempted to flirt with the fair maiden. "I'm a men, damnit!" Saturn yelled. Swampasaur then punched TheDivineDeity into the water.
This is karma. I swear.

I REGRET EVERYTHING I'VE EVER DONE!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Ok, writing this idea to see how everyone else feels, supposedly Sakurai asks Intelligent Systems which character to add next from Fire Emblem and that could have a unique moveset and promote the Fire Emblem games, instead IS says to Sakurai that their next project is not a Fire Emblem game is instead an Advance Wars game and they would be interested that their next character could be Andy, Sam or Max to promote more the series, would bring something new to smash like all the universe from those games and a potential moveset that he hasn´t think about, how would you react?
.n_n.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There's the word I'm looking for. Their games are popular amongst a certain audience, as are all games, but that doesn't equate to all characters (if can single out a Nintendog and call it a character, that is) in said games being popular. I mean, is Tingle a popular character because Legend of Zelda sells well? How about, I don't know, Kiddy Kong? The Duck Hunt Dog?
People don't take into account the idea of diversity, they just latch onto what sells well or what is infamous. People question why we get many unorthodox choices in Super Smash Bros., but let's face it, without those choices we would have a much more boring roster. Which is why I'm glad Super Smash Bros. doesn't go for the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale route and include a lot of characters for the sole purpose of promotion.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Twas a beautiful evening at Cerulean Cape. Magikarp was poking his head out of the water with his friends Slowpoke and Poliwag. That's when she appeared.
"Hey, who is she?" Magikarp asked. "That's SaturnGamer64, the fairest gamer throughout the land," Poliwag replied.
Then, an arrogant Swampasaur attempted to flirt with the fair maiden. "I'm a men, damnit!" Saturn yelled. Swampasaur then punched TheDivineDeity into the water.
You know what?
I'm gonna continue this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know what?
I'm gonna continue this.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yet he can simply ignore the fans again like with the situation WFT, you never know,
In a roundabout way, Sakurai is listening to the fans by including characters like WFT, ROB, and Game & Watch. Plenty of people, up to and including Sakurai, speak highly of the surprising choices on previous Smash rosters, and Sakurai has to be well aware of how quickly people fall in love with these characters to the point where no one short of the Gamesradar Dudebros will even consider cutting them. But, yeah, Swampasaur and Xenoblaze covered it as well.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

How would you guys react if the FE characters we got were...

Marth
Ike
Robin

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In a roundabout way, Sakurai is listening to the fans by including characters like WFT, ROB, and Game & Watch. Plenty of people, up to and including Sakurai, speak highly of the surprising choices on previous Smash rosters, and Sakurai has to be well aware of how quickly people fall in love with these characters to the point where no one short of the Gamesradar Dudebros will even consider cutting them. But, yeah, Swampasaur and Xenoblaze covered it as well.
Again, the only people that are truly against this type of thing are the dudebro gaymurs who believe that somehow their precious Goku and Cloud were shafted in favor of choices that are "stupid". Aside from that, most people aren't really phased by it and instead treat it as a positive outlook, because it's creating interest in something they didn't expect. Super Smash Bros. is a game that isn't designed to promote anything, though ironically by going through the artistic route is has unintentionally created advertisement for many franchises.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
How bout we talk about if this happens to be the 3 FE characters for Smash 4:
Marth
Robin
Anna
In a way, these 3 generalize Fire Emblem well.
Why cut Ike?
Why do you keep doing that? Don't do that, nobody likes that!
If it was Marth, Ike, and Anna, I'd be perfectly fine.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
So...

How would you guys react if the FE characters we got were...

Marth
Ike
Robin
I would be ok with it, but I just don't really see the appeal in Robin honestly. I know he could use magic but other than that it's just eh.

EDIT: But then again I like fire marth so I guess I can't really say again.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If you want to find a place less... inane... you could always find home at the Wii U forums. The only downside is that they're pretty obsessed with Pokemon X/Y since debut, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but upsetting to me because I can't get it right now :(
Well, for me, it's been nothing but fine-tuning pokemon for online play for the past few days, but that's just me. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I feel like a bad person for starting up the Magikarp thing. I'm gonna leave Smashboards.
For good.
That's not necessary.

If you want to stay, then stay.

Just know when to stop something.. :D

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Reading the Geno Brawl thread.
Wow, they are so stubborn and in denial.
Geno is a cool character, but what even gave them the idea that a one-shot 3rd party character has any chance in Smash Bros?
But people will probably go back and ask us why we thought Ridley was going to be in Smash.:troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How bout we talk about if this happens to be the 3 FE characters for Smash 4:
Marth
Robin
Anna

In a way, these 3 generalize Fire Emblem well.
Yeah, lacking the second most important character so you can have Mr. Recency generalizes Fire Emblem well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's just my preference. :9
I love how you never post anything relating to predictions. It's always possibilities and preferences.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Second most important is debatable, but two things.
1. I don't know FE like a lot of people around here.
2. I still see no reason to cut Ike.
Nah, Ike is second most important for sure imo. Still the only non-Marth lord to star in 2 games.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ah come on, don't be like that. That's not a good reason to just leave the boards forever.
I can think of a million reasons to leave the boards forever. :chuckle:

Unless you're DivineDiety.
Hey, I wonder if he ever stalks the boards.
Or worse, what if he registered under a new name, and we don't know who it is?
He could be any one of us...
That would be implying he was ever able to control himself in the first place.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, it's really weird how nobody really explains why Ike would be scrapped. It's always "just because". If it was for some particular reason, like say a copyright conflict or being a mere expandable clone, then I would understand. But nobody really bothers to explain themselves. Which makes it feel like people want to scrap character just for the sake of scrapping characters. It's like Pre-Brawl where people wanted half of the veterans to be removed for some queer reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom