• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Leif did appear in Genealogy of the Holy War, buy only as a party member/unit, if I recall.
The heroes of the game are Sigurd and his son Seliph.

You know, it's really weird how nobody really explains why Ike would be scrapped. It's always "just because". If it was for some particular reason, like say a copyright conflict or being a mere expandable clone, then I would understand. But nobody really bothers to explain themselves. Which makes it feel like people want to scrap character just for the sake of scrapping characters. It's like Pre-Brawl where people wanted half of the veterans to be removed for some queer reason.
I remember people wanting the Ice Climbers and G&W -- some of the most unique characters in Melee -- to be cut.
Just...why?

-----

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
You know, it's really weird how nobody really explains why Ike would be scrapped. It's always "just because". If it was for some particular reason, like say a copyright conflict or being a mere expandable clone, then I would understand. But nobody really bothers to explain themselves. Which makes it feel like people want to scrap character just for the sake of scrapping characters. It's like Pre-Brawl where people wanted half of the veterans to be removed for some queer reason.
For the most part people go off the pattern that it will always be Marth with the newest lord, but even that doesn't make sense considering Roy was going to be in Brawl too. That's the only reason I see when people cut Ike.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Leif did appear in Genealogy of the Holy War, buy only as a party member/unit, if I recall.
The heroes of the game are Sigurd and his son Seliph.
Leif also appears in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 as the obligatory Lord character, with the game basically taking place during the middle of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of The Holy War.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
i feel like im missing out on an interesting story
Long ago, the SmashBoards users lived in Harmony. But, everything changed when the TheDivineDeity Attacked! Only the Moderator, master of all four threads could bann the Deity. But, when the Forum needed him most, he wasn't online.

And then this and that and that and this and such and such, Divine Deity was perma banned.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Long ago, the SmashBoards users lived in Harmony. But, everything changed when the TheDivineDeity Attacked! Only the Moderator, master of all four threads could bann the Deity. But, when the Forum needed him most, he wasn't online.

And then this and that and that and this and such and such, Divine Deity was perma banned.
I'm Apa.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Leif also appears in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 as the obligatory Lord character, with the game basically taking place during the middle of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of The Holy War.
I know.

Makes me wonder, though.

When Sakurai thought of padding Melee's roster with clones, he originally considered Leif to be the Marth clone. Why do you think that was?

His game was the most recent FE game at the time, but I don't know if it was because of recency.
Sigurd looks a little like Marth, so maybe it would've made sense for him to be considered first as the clone?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Haven't you heard?

Ike's irrelevant now and was only added in cuz he was the most recent lord at the time. We're only getting two FE characters, and I'm pretty sure you know who the 2nd character is (he's inevitable btw)...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I know.

Makes me wonder, though.

When Sakurai thought of padding Melee's roster with clones, he originally considered Leif to be the Marth clone. Why do you think that was?

His game was the most recent FE game at the time, but I don't know if it was because of recency.
Sigurd looks a little like Marth, so maybe it would've made sense for him to be considered first as the clone?
That's actually something I wondered as well. I do think that Leif had more to him than recentness (if he was considered). He does stick out more than Sigurd, and he does have importance... Yeah, not entirely sure as well, but it's funny that he subtly sneaked in there (well, as an inspired Marth alt colour).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Only reason I've seen people say Ike should (or could) be cut is because of recency, which isn't good reason at all.

Can't wait till Ike gets confirmed so I can laugh at those two guys on Gamesradar again.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Only reason I've seen people say Ike should (or could) be cut is because of recency, which isn't good reason at all.

Can't wait till Ike gets confirmed so I can laugh at those two guys on Gamesradar again.
They must pay for giving him and Marth bullets to the head.

Waluigi should be our next Fire Emblem character.
I thought you wanted Landmaster. Or was it just for best lord?

-----

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ike's popular, has a unique playstyle, and Ragnell is a pretty distinct sword in and of itself (sucks if the sword's abilities aren't played up, but if it's for better balance, then I understand). I'd miss his character and his playstyle if he were gone. But then of course there's always the question: "But what if Chrom borrows all or some of Ike's moves?"

Is that really a legitimate reason to cut someone? Would that be a slap in the face for Ike and Chrom fans? Would the cut of Ike cause even a bigger backlash than the cut Melee vets? Why am I asking so many questions!??

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
How do you guys feel about Captain N as a valid candidate to consider? (Line of Mr.G&W (a system), and ROB (a toy)... Captain N (a show))?

One would be quick to asume he's "4th party" but check this out.

The character Captain N first appeared in Nintendo Power magazine, created by a Nintendo staff member and magazine editor named Randy Studdard. The original concept involved Captain N (originally known as "Captain Nintendo") as a Nintendo employee and the Mother Brain as a Nintendo main computer that went rogue, and Captain Nintendo had the power to temporarily give life to characters and items from Nintendo games. The story left a door open for a sequel (Mother Brain is temporarily defeated but her return was said to be inevitable, and Captain Nintendo vows to stop her when the time comes). Nintendo later decided to create a cartoon series, opting neither to credit nor to compensate its creator. DIC Entertainment was shopped as the animation studio, and very little of the original concept remained.[1]
So the two highlights are... He was created by a Nintendo staff member (meaning he's Nintendo's creation), and Nintendo itself decided to air the show.

That makes him technically a Nintendo character in his own right. :)

I've been really tempted of making a thread for him.
And I think I will, at least for fun. :D

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Is that really a legitimate reason to cut someone?
No.
Would that be a slap in the face for Ike and Chrom fans?
Yes.
Would the cut of Ike cause even a bigger backlash than the cut Melee vets?
Arguably less so then Mewtwo, but still pretty potent.
Why am I asking so many questions!??
Because sweet Corn is the only thing that makes it through your rear, how do you think you keep that lovely grin?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The other day, I realized someone that's very likely, but I don't know if it's ever been brought up.

So who is this? This is KOS-MOS from the Xenosaga series. The Xenosaga series was made by Monolith Soft prior to being bought by Nintendo and the property belongs to Namco. That being said, I think she's a likely character a good number of reasons.

KOS-MOS has made numerous appearances in different games include Endless Frontier, Project X Zone, Namco X Capcom, and as a costume in Soul Calibur 3. Obviously, Namco considers her a rather important character to put her in all these different games, especially over Pac-Man. Xenosaga is also a series that's very special to Monolith Soft and it was part of the reason why Xenoblade got its name. With Namco working on Smash 4, Monlith could see this as an opportunity to use KOS-MOS once again alongside one of their other characters like Shulk.

I also think she'd be a much better pick than Pac-Man. KOS-MOS has a wide variety of weapons such as blades, beams, and machine guns to use so she is very flexible with her potential playstyle. Meanwhile, Pac-Man is just a bland character that doesn't seem like he'd have anything that none of the current cast has. Therefore, I think KOS-MOS is not only more likely of a Namco rep, but a much better rep all around for Namco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom