• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
do you mind if I use your pic as my avatar

forgot to ask :awesome:
Sure, I don't mind. :)

Thanks. :D

Nah I was talking about making a fan art section in my OP. Unless you meant that you want to have a fan art section here in Smash Boards. Doesn't Smash Boards already have one? I never checked though... :confused:
Oh! I see what you mean. And by all means, I say go for it. :) As for the official fan-art section of this site...I have absolutely no idea if it exists, or if it's even allowed for that matter. :confused:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Still, it's kinda dumb that a next-gen installment will offer LESS than the previous one.

Oh and yay for Meowth and Lip!
It's not like we'll get fewer overall characters, and Smash is hardly the only game that's ever done this. Especially since eventually many fighting games get to the point where they acknowledge they've just about reached their limit, or perhaps even gone overboard, and reinvent the whole roster. At least Smash hasn't done that. Yet. It probably will eventually.

And nice drawings Hotfeet. ;)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Alright everyone! The moment you've been waiting for!
It's ALL DONE! :D

Thank you all for your requests and I hope you enjoy them. Do NOT reply directly to this without removing the spoilers so that there isn't a huge amount of room taken up in the reply. Thank you once again and I hope to do more in the future. :chuckle:
Not bad not bad at all. Pretty damn good. However I have one small complaint about Joshua. His middle finger on the hand that he is holding above, his finger nail looks unusually long comapre to the other finger nails. Other then that though tis perfect. And I like what you did with the Bushi. o.o

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh! I see what you mean. And by all means, I say go for it. :) As for the official fan-art section of this site...I have absolutely no idea if it exists, or if it's even allowed for that matter. :confused:

Done. Thanks again. ^_^

As for the fan art section. I just toke a quick look around and I guess this may be it.
http://smashboards.com/forums/artwork-emporium.15/
It's called the Artwork Emporium and it can be found at the very bottom in the Arts and Entertainment section.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Done. Thanks again. ^_^

As for the fan art section. I just toke a quick look around and I guess this may be it.
http://smashboards.com/forums/artwork-emporium.15/
It's called the Artwork Emporium and it can be found at the very bottom in the Arts and Entertainment section.
No problem at all. :)

As for the thread, I'll take a look at it later. Right now...I'm just going to sit back and relax before my arm falls off...:c

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
No problem at all. :)

As for the thread, I'll take a look at it later. Right now...I'm just going to sit back and relax before my arm falls off...:c
That's okay. You earned it. ^_^

Now if only I would get off my lazy bum and start making fan art again myself that would be cool of me....

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Saying moveset potential isn't a valid reason a character can make it is stupid. How do you think PKMN Trainer and ICs made it or were chosen over others?

And Dixie and K Rool are the only other "main" DK characters they can add really. Dixie has an equal chance to K Rool, the problem is just saying Dixie was more recent, therefore better. False. They both deserve it.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
I think I made the best roster of my making, but what do you guys think of it?
Very nice!
-I would probably switch out Toad for Paper Mario/ Bowser Jr.
-Yay Vaati!
-Not sure about 4 DK reps
-Same with FE, but I LOVE that selection.

9.0/10 Would play a bunch.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't mind in the slighest, feel free to. :)

Also, I'm not sure if I can even make a fan-art section, I'm trying to get in touch with a mod, but I've got nothing back. :c

I lost track of where your post with all your recent art is, I was replying and the awful laptop touchpad made me lose my post...

Anyway.. I really like your art! But out of them all, I've fallen in love with your Medusa pic! She is so hard to draw but the way you captured her is magnificent! <3=

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I lost track of where your post with all your recent art is, I was replying and the awful laptop touchpad made me lose my post...

Anyway.. I really like your art! But out of them all, I've fallen in love with your Medusa pic! She is so hard to draw but the way you captured her is magnificent! <3=
Heh, glad you like it. And yeah, trust me, I haven't drawn any of those characters before, and Medusa was probably the toughest to draw out of all of them. :p

Bajef8

Smash Ace
First time I'm posting my roster as a fancy picture. Thoughts please, and I'll defend whatever you are unsure of. It's pretty safe though.

Wasn't sure Zelda warranted a big enough 5th rep in my opinion. They have all the major bases covered already.
Lucario I just have a bad feeling about, however, if a 5th rep for Pokemon makes it, I'd say it's Lucario.
Bowser Jr. has just made a bigger impact to Mario and has become increasingly popular and important to Mario as a whole. Toad really only has age on him in my opinion.
K. Rool over Dixie is personal preference. I think DK will only get 3 reps as well.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
First time I'm posting my roster as a fancy picture. Thoughts please, and I'll defend whatever you are unsure of. It's pretty safe though.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Issac should not be adult, if you want a Dark Dawn rep use Matthew.
Don't think Mewtwo should swap forms, it should be a Final Smash like Super Sonic.
I like the idea of Awakening Roy over Chrom, I was gonna do that on my roster.
Swap Goroh for Palutena and you're set.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Issac should not be adult, if you want a Dark Dawn rep use Matthew.
Don't think Mewtwo should swap forms, it should be a Final Smash like Super Sonic.
I like the idea of Awakening Roy over Chrom, I was gonna do that on my roster.
Swap Goroh for Palutena and you're set.

When picking the arts for characters, you shouldn't get so bent out of shape over it. I'm picking it based off of what I think looks better, not the game being represented. The only time art matters is for repping 2 Links.

F-Zero I feel just deserves another rep over KI because it's been part of Smash for so long. That's my reasoning.

The 1 KI rep is because I don't feel it warrants another slot. Plus he was modest with adding big names from his own series (Kirby). So I think the same thing could happen.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
When picking the arts for characters, you shouldn't get so bent out of shape over it. I'm picking it based off of what I think looks better, not the game being represented. The only time art matters is for repping 2 Links.

F-Zero I feel just deserves another rep over KI because it's been part of Smash for so long. That's my reasoning.

The 1 KI rep is because I don't feel it warrants another slot. Plus he was modest with adding big names from his own series (Kirby). So I think the same thing could happen.
I think Kid Icarus is fine with just Pit, but Palutena has become kind of the Zelda of Kid Icarus.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much. I think Pit should be the only one, but it wouldn't really surprise me if Palutena or someone else made it.
Me too. But, if Palutena doesn't make it, which she most certainly will, nobody other KI rep would get in. I think Pit, Yoshi, and Wario should be single. But, we can't run away from her forever.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

Wasn't sure Zelda warranted a big enough 5th rep in my opinion. They have all the major bases covered already.
Lucario I just have a bad feeling about, however, if a 5th rep for Pokemon makes it, I'd say it's Lucario.
Bowser Jr. has just made a bigger impact to Mario and has become increasingly popular and important to Mario as a whole. Toad really only has age on him in my opinion.
K. Rool over Dixie is personal preference. I think DK will only get 3 reps as well.
Nice number of characters, my only gripe is the lack of Fifth Pokemon character. If you're going to have 5 Mario characters, you might as well keep Lucario too. Pokemon should have as many characters as possible (Perhaps add in one over Roy / Goroh)?

I'd have no problem playing this game, but I would be pretty sad about the lack of Lady Palutena.

Thank you all for your requests and I hope you enjoy them. Do NOT reply directly to this without removing the spoilers so that there isn't a huge amount of room taken up in the reply. Thank you once again and I hope to do more in the future. :chuckle:
yet again the seal has lost his chance
we will never forget

r.i.p. seal​
2011 - 2013​

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Me too. But, if Palutena doesn't make it, which she most certainly will, nobody other KI rep would get in. I think Pit, Yoshi, and Wario should be single. But, we can't run away from her forever.

I always feel sorry for Yoshi. Him, Falcon, and Samus are the only original 10 series in the game to not have gotten someone else from their games. Samus has the obvious Ridley choice and I think Falcon should either get Goroh or Black Shadow. Sakurai can come up with something I'm sure. Captain Falcon's moves are so original and awesome. And then there's Yoshi...who has really got no other characters from his series that are big enough.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Got an awesome new roster, gonna post it tommorow when I get my Premium Membership. Hope yall like it.

I always feel sorry for Yoshi. Him, Falcon, and Samus are the only original 10 series in the game to not have gotten someone else from their games. Samus has the obvious Ridley choice and I think Falcon should either get Goroh or Black Shadow. Sakurai can come up with something I'm sure. Captain Falcon's moves are so original and awesome. And then there's Yoshi...who has really got no other characters from his series that are big enough.
I personally think F-Zero warrants 2 reps, but there needs to be room for Palutena and Ridley.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Samus does have Zero Suit Samus actually, yeah yeah I know you guys don't count her because transformation yada yada but Sakurai does count her so yeah. Not that Metroid doesn't deserve another character or anything. I'm all for Ridley really. He's too big to not be playable in Smash after all. :)

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Why exactly is it that when people make they're own SSB roster, Pokemon is suddenly required to have more than 4 reps? Can someone answer that, because I'm confused?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why exactly is it that when people make they're own SSB roster, Pokemon is suddenly required to have more than 4 reps? Can someone answer that, because I'm confused?
Because its a likely scenario?

What's wrong with 5 character slots?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's not required, it's an easy way to get a new Pokemon rep while keeping the important ones too. But, I have a solution.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Nothings wrong with 5 or more characters. It's just that on every forum all over the internet I go to, I see people and their SSB roster, and if the Pokemon series has less reps than say Mario or Zelda, people immediately jump on them and say "Pokemon needs just as many reps." Granted, I know it can also be constructive criticism, but it's something I see alot on the internet and it just confuses me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean let's look at the pokemon characters.

:pikachu2: Already in.

:jigglypuff: Pretty likely. No real reason for her to go other than recency, which is a bad arguement.

:pt: ( :squirtle: :ivysaur: :charizard:) No real reason to go either, aside from possible technical limitations which I'm sure Sakurai will defeat.

:lucario: No real reason to go. Has less against him then Jiggs and PT actually.

On top of that :mewtwomelee: is the most requested character period. So Sakurai would be dumb not to add him.

Five pokemon slots looks like the best and a very likely scenario.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Nothings wrong with 5 or more characters. It's just that on every forum all over the internet I go to, I see people and their SSB roster, and if the Pokemon series has less reps than say Mario or Zelda, people immediately jump on them and say "Pokemon needs just as many reps." Granted, I know it can also be constructive criticism, but it's something I see alot on the internet and it just confuses me.
Pokemon and Fire Emblem are hard to predict.

:pikachu2: Already in.

:jigglypuff: Pretty likely. No real reason for her to go other than recency, which is a bad arguement.

:pt: ( :squirtle: :ivysaur: :charizard:) No real reason to go either aside from possible technical limitations which I'm sure Sakurai will defeat.

:lucario: No real reason to go. Has less against him then Jiggs and PT actually.

On top of that :mewtwomelee: is the most requested character period. So Sakurai would be dumb not to add him.

I seriously doubt Lucario would get in over Pokemon Trainer. And if you can remove JigglyPuff for being "irrelvant" Lucario can be removed for being gen 4.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's exactly it. To me, it just sometimes makes me feel like they're also trying to be greedy with Pokemon saying that "It needs more reps"
How is it greedy? I mean Mario will probably get another one too. Pokemon is pretty close to Mario in terms of sales and popularity.
I seriously doubt Lucario would get in over Pokemon Trainer. And if you can remove JigglyPuff for being "irrelvant" Lucario can be removed for being gen 4.
I doubt any of them will get cut. I also stated that recency was a terrible argument. I don't believe in it, I was just playing devil's advocate.

Only reason I didn't claim that for Lucario, is that he is still being used to advertise, which Jiggs can't really say.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why can't we move on into newer Pokemon? I mean pretty soon in the next installment everyone will want to keep all 5 reps in the Smash Bros. without moving on to new Pokemon we could experiment with a move set.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982

And then there are the people who count Pokemon Trainer's pokemon as seperate characters, and to those people that brings the total to 8, which to me makes them sound VERY greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom