• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Display Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Okay, here is my REALISTIC more conservative Roster Predictions. I'll make an edit when I make my dream roster :D

Starting Lineup

Final Roster

Blue - Starting Lineup
Red - Unlockables
Green - 3rd Party Starters
Yellow - 3rd Party Unlockables

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Realistic v1.png

It seems like there are a couple ways to go right now with trying to make a predictive/realistic roster based on Sakurai's recent interview comments. Rather than take the "no cuts" sentiment to heart, I latched onto the opposite extreme by considering that each character must be bringing something unique to the table. As a result, this one isn't super safe, and I rather like it that way. I much prefer this philosophy over no cuts, as I think each game in the series needs to be able to stand out from the others. This is important from a marketing standpoint as they're trying to sell a brand new, content-filled title from a hugely popular series where the roster is the #1 selling point, hands down. That said, here's the breakdown explaining my choices:

Mario series: Let's go ahead and address the elephant in the room. Geno is the least likely character here by leaps and bounds. That said, I believe he has a niche to fill here. There's likely going to be another surprise character to be revealed very late in the development cycle, following in the wake of Wii Fit Trainer's shock appearance during the reveal. Geno would follow in ROB's footsteps by giving us that one last WTF moment to get us pumped for the release, while fulfilling a similar in-game function to the quirky bot whose slot has been mercilessly cannibalized. Of course, there are a million other characters that could give us the same shock factor, so this one really comes down to personal preference. The Mario series has several more iconic characters vying for that fifth slot, but I just don't see any of them being quite iconic enough or having the moveset potential to make it.

DK series: K. Rool needs no explanation. He has every reason to be here. For me, Dixie is just barely lacking the star power and unique moveset potential to stand on her own. The team-up idea was already examined closely as part of the Forbidden 7, however, so why not revisit it and give us another unique mechanic while giving the nod to a deserving character.

Zelda series: Zelda representation gets a big facelift here. Since Zelda will probably be getting a SS-inspired design, why not take the opportunity to add some novelty with an Impa team-up? She could easily be given Sheik's moveset and a new Down-B switch-out animation. A new Sheik design is perfectly reasonable too, I just think Impa would fit better with Zelda's new look. Ganondorf isn't going anywhere, but he needs to get his butt in gear and realize his own unique mechanics already. Classic Link is the flavor of the day and should have some Link Between Worlds gimmicks to set him apart from regular Link. Ghirahim is very iffy, but his personality is a big selling point that has no analog yet in Smash. He has plenty of potential for a unique moveset as well.

Kid Icarus/Metroid series: Ridley and Palutena have plenty to offer and absolutely warrant 2nd reps for their respective series. Moving on.

Star Fox series: Cutting Falco is a controversial move, and I'd hate to see him go. I dropped him over Wolf primarily because Wolf has more going for him in terms of function within the SF series as well as less same-y feeling moveset. Krystal is popular enough to warrant inclusion, and she has a lot more to work with mechanically. That said, Wolf still has a ways to go to differentiate his moveset from Fox's, and if they can't come up with anything they should just cut him altogether from my perspective and include another new series rep.

Pokemon series: Go ahead and hate me for cutting Pkmn Trainer; I have my reasons. While he certainly adds an interesting mechanic to the series, he creates a lot of technical and balance problems in addition to just eating up three times the development time as anyone else on the roster, and I just don't feel Pokemon deserves that much dev time over other series. Lucario gets the ax too, but there's plenty of room for Newtwo to fulfill a similar function while also giving us some fresh moves and Gen 6 representation. Zoroark might not be relevant or popular enough to warrant inclusion, but it would certainly open up the opportunity for a great new mechanic with its Illusion ability. Genesect would also be a good pick for the Gen 5 slot.

Fire Emblem series: This is a tough one as demonstrated by how many debates there are regarding this series. Awakening is getting representation; they'd be insane not to rep it. However, I just can't see enough moveset potential to justify three blue-haired Lords. Brawl has a good balance already with one light and one heavy swordsman. I'd be just as happy to have Lucina and Chrom skins for Marth and Ike, honestly. I'd love to see a mage take a slot as they'd have fantastic in-game potential, but Micaiah's time has regrettably passed, and I don't know of another FE mage who would be iconic enough.

Mother series: It was really hard to justify keeping Lucas, as much as I love him and think he deserves his spot back in light of Mother 3's cult following. His moveset is somewhat lacking no matter how I look at it; if they do more with it this time around, that's great, but I still feel kinda cold towards him. The unique status of his installment in the series is pretty much all that's keeping him alive in my eyes, and there are plenty more unique characters that would love his spot.

New series reps: They pretty much speak for themselves. Little Mac, Saki, Isaac, and Shulk all come from interesting series and would add something cool with their mechanics. Little Mac may be a little strapped for moves, but I have faith that the devs can make him work.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Hey Guys, here is my roster of 50 characters:
3D2S Roster.png

-I strongly believe that the whole Brawl roster will make a comeback.
-Both Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario because they have the potential to be both very unique characters. Bowser Jr. would add to the villain count and Paper Mario is the ideal rep for the ever growing Mario RPG (Super Mario RPG, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario) sub series. (Paper Mario is Top 5 character)
-King K Rool because King K Rool (Top 5 character for me)
-Little Mac will be the first genuine fighter to join Smash (Top 5 character for me)
-Golden Sun is another one of Nintendo few RPG franchises, and although Isaac is declining in popularity, he deserves a roster spot as much as Little Mac (Assist Trophy Duo)
-Krystal, because while I do see her likely, for her to replace Wolf, the main villain of Starfox, would not make sense. Thus, she can coexist with Wolf. She has the potential to shake up the clone syndrome plaguing the Starfox franchise.
-Ridley, as much as I don't want him, I really noticed that without his inclusion, Metroid was looking very lonely on the roster. So, who else can you add from Metroid beside Ridley?
-Palutena, same as Ridley, I don't really want a goddess deity in Smash, but since Kid Icarus is likely getting two reps, Palutena would probably be ideal.
-Chrom because he is the lord from the most successful Fire Emblem game to date, which saved the franchise from the brink of extinction. (Top 5 character)
-Shulk, because he would rep Monolith Soft and the critically acclaimed Xenoblade title, as well as the upcoming X game.
-Mewtwo and Roy are both heavily requested to make a comeback, and I like both.

-If the roster was to be larger, I would like to add Skull Kid/Ghirahim, Zoroark, Pac-Man, and Takamaru.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Here is my predictions for where certain characters will end up in Smash Bros 4. I think only 45 will make it on the roster.
<confirmed characters>
we all know that these guys are in.
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Fox
Kirby
Pikachu
Pit
Bowser
Megaman
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Olimar

<probable characters>
If any of these guys don't make it on the roster I would be really surprised.
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Yoshi
Peach
Zelda/Sheik
Marth
Ganondorf
Diddy Kong
Wario
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Ice Climbers

<"maybe" characters>
These guys' chances are probably 40%-60% chance of making it.
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Sonic
Snake
Lucas
Falco
Wolf
Mr. Game & Watch
R. O. B.
Mewtwo
Roy
Ridley
Bowser Jr.
Chrom
Little Mac
Isaac
King K. Rool
Palutena
Ghirahim
Demise

<Previous characters I think/hope will not make it>
besides Lucario, I didn't think any of these were necessary
Lucario
Toon Link
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Zero Suit Samus
Young Link

<Characters I wish will make it but have little to no chance of doing so>
Anthony Higgs
Groose
Birdo
Funky Kong

All my opinion. Not based on anything I read on this site or other similar sites. :marth:

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
Newcomers: 18

Mega Man
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Bowser Jr.
Skull Kid
Issac
Palutena
Little Mac
Ridley
Pac-Man
Saki
King K. Rool
Chrom
Takamaru
Mewthree
Toad
Shulk

Cuts: 0

Ascended

Smash Ace
Alright, here's mine:

Most of this roster is for fun. I don't seriously expect five FE characters, but I do expect a couple of my choices to show up.

Added Paper Mario due to the fact that it's been around for a while and is pretty popular.
Added Dixie because she's in DKC:Tropical Freeze.
Took out Sheik and gave a modified version of her moveset to Tetra. Also, I see the Toon Zelda characters coming back due to TWWHD.
Mewtwo will have his alternate form in some way (Final Smash?) and Jigglypuff will have some new fairy moves. Both of these will make Gen VI representation.
Added what I consider to be the five most popular Fire Emblem lords. Marth has to be there, people want Roy back, Lyn was an AT and she's the lord for the first FE in America, Ike cause I like him, and Chrom due to being the lord for Awakening, which is a massive hit and saved the franchise.
Dillon and Wonder Red are both from new IPs and would fit perfectly with Smash. Dillon's already got two games and a Mii Plaza puzzle, and Nintendo is really pushing The Wonderful 101.
Snake I don't think will come back, but I want him to.
Pac-Man because Namco is developing and he's the mascot of the company.
Everyone else that's new is somewhat of an obvious choice.

RobbyJake16

Smash Rookie
Super Mario Bros. Series

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad ( He's been in the series forever. Give him some limelight. )
Bowser Jr. ( It makes sense, he's been in most big mario platform games. Sunshine, Galaxy, etc. )

Donkey Kong Series

DK

Diddy Kong

Dixie Kong ( I could see her being added with similar moves to Diddy, but her own unique style )

King K. Rool ( We need a Donkey Kong Villain, he's the one )

Yoshis Island Series

Yoshi

Birdo ( She'd be a good add from Yoshi, who else could they really put in? )

Wario series

Wario ( With his original costume and move set more based on Wario land. )

Walluigi ( Why the hell not, add another rep for Wario. Who else is there really. )

Legend of Zelda Series

Link

Zelda/Sheik

Ganandorf

Tingle ( Lol please just please )

Toon Link ( One of him or young link will probably be in the new game, and he's more likely )

Toon Zelda ( I could see it )

Metroid series

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Ridley ( Yea it'd be hard to put Ridley in because of shear size, but they'd shrink Ridley down to reasonable proportion to make it work. )

Kid Icarus

Pit

Palutena ( With Pit being one of the first characters announced, expect another Kid Icarus character )

Star Fox Series

Fox

Falco

Krystal ( A lot of people want her, I see it happening )

Wolf ( We'll see if he's back, if anyone gets cut it's him )

F. Zero Series

Captain Falcon

Samurai Gohro ( F. Zero is pretty irrelevant now, but Captain Falcon will be in the game as one of the original 12, and as a mainstay i'd like to see him get a character from his series added. )

Pokemon Series

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Pokemon Trainer ( New Gen. Pokemon )

Mewtwo ( In his apparent newform )

Mew ( Come on why not:p )

Fire emblem Series

Marth

Micaiah ( If any character should be added, I think it's her. If we were to get a female from FE I wouldn't mind Lynn either. )

Krom ( I see him being added. )

Roy/Ike ( I could see ONE of the two returning from their respective smash games )

Pikmin Series

Olimar

Louie ( Why not? haha )

Alph ( Pikmin 3 character likely, whether it's him or one of the 2 others. )

Game and Watch Series

Mr. Game and Watch

Sonic the Hedgehog Series

Sonic ( He'll be back, why would you take him out if you had the choice. Sega better not hoe on us. )

Shadow the Hedgehog ( He'd be the clear choice if there was to be a sonic villain )

Knuckles ( The Anti-Hero of the series, he could have a unique move set that i'd like to see "

Metal Gear Solid Series

Solid Snake ( It's a mystery whether he'll be back. I can't even say how I feel about his chances. )

Big Boss ( He'd be a good replacement for Solid if only one was to be in there, especially with Snake Eater on the 3DS. My favorite mgs character.

Grey Fox ( Unlikely, but he'd be a fantastic mgs character to throw in with snake )

Earthbound Series

Ness

Lucas ( I think he'll be back for sure, hopefully with a new moveset! )

Claus ( I'd like to see a new character, regardless of EB's popularity in the west, he'd be the one to add )

Kirby Series

Kirby

King Dedede ( He'll probably be back )

Meta Knight ( He'll be back )

New Characters From Miscellaneous Series

Little Mac- Punchout ( Great classic nintendo character to add, how his moveset would work is the only question )

Pacman- Pacman Series ( Capcom is helping make the new game, come on... Very likely )

Crash- Crash Bandicoot Series ( Considering he wasn't in PS all stars, why not. Maybe he'd replace Snake, hard to say. Not likely, but if he was to be in a fighting game, it might as well be one like Super Smash Bros where he'd square off wih real gaming icons. Crash is a legend, and PS All Stars doesn't have icons of his caliber.

Megaman- Megaman Series ( Confirmed )

Ryu- Street Fighter ( Another Capcom legend. I think it's a distinct possibility, regardless of him being from a fighting game. )

Kid Goku- Dragonball series ( It won't happen, but Kid Goku would be a good fit. Obviously Goku from DBZ would just be too over powered to even make sense.

King Piccolo- Dragonball series ( I can dream, if Kid Goku was in there from Dragonball he's be the villain to throw in with him. )

Wii Trainer- WiiFit ( Confirmed )

Villager- Animal Crossing ( Confirmed )

Tom Nook- Animal Crossing ( If we can have villager why the hell not? )

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I realized I haven't posted my current roster yet.

1. 49 slots, 53 characters
2. Mario, Zelda amd Pokémon get 5 slots each.
3. No cuts

Possible replacements:
- Roy can be swapped for Chrom
- Toad can be swapped for Bowser Jr.
- Toon Zelda/Tetra can be swapped for Tingle

CalumG

Smash Lord
WIP.png

Newcomers: Toad, Impa, Tingle, Mewtwo/Mewtwo Awakened, Zoroark, Mallo, Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Dillon, Little Mac, Ryota Hayami, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman and Pac-Man.

Cut characters: Jigglypuff, Lucario, Ike, Snake, Toon Link and Wolf.

I can already hear some people eating their hearts out at some of my character removals and character inclusions, but this is more of a personal roster than a roster prediction (after all, how much can we really predict with the knowledge we have so far?). This was sort of a challenge to see if I could fit my ideal roster into a 45 character limit (transformations not included in that number), and it actually went pretty well.

That being said, I did have legitimate reasons for removing the characters I did, even if they're deemed controversial. Lucario and Ike were cut to make way for newer characters from their franchises, Toon Link was cut because I don't like clones, Wolf was cut because frankly I don't think Star Fox needs three characters and Snake was cut because I felt he wouldn't fit in as well with the aesthetic of Smash 4 (plus I was a bit cheeky and wanted him out to make room for the Pac). Jigglypuff's reasons for removal were two-fold - firstly, Jigglypuff is the only character of the original 12 who isn't actually fundamentally important to their franchise of origin, and secondly, between Mewtwo's two formes and Pokemon Trainer's three Pokemon, there are technically seven Pokemon reps on this roster as it is - 8 seemed like overkill, so I prioritised importance over seniority.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
smashboards.png

Here's a rundown of who I think will be in, it's a larger roster but I think we could see one this big. Here's my explanations on my new characters and a few updates on some old ones:

Luigi: Should gain some of his moves from Luigi's Mansion to further his differentiation from Mario

Toad: I think he can use his moves from the New Super Mario games and be a quite unique character, plus he's iconic.

Bowser Jr: Shadow Mario transformation version, has been in all the recent games, and has a wide array of games to pull a good moveset from. Given Mario's importance to Nintendo as a whole, I can see two new Mario reps getting in.

Boshi: This is a placeholder, I do not think Boshi will be in, instead, I think Yoshi's new partner from Yarn Yoshi will be in, but since that character isn't known yet, I used Boshi's icon to hold his spot.

Kat & Ana: I love the ICs because of the dual character system. I know Sakuri has problems with them on 3DS, but I think he'll get through them, and once he does, he's open to create another character like them. Kat & Ana are my personal favorite choice for new Wario rep, but I could see Ashley, Mona or any other Wario character.

Ghirahim: Would be a good rep for SS, would have a very unique moveset and is highly requested.

Masked Link: I like the idea of this character as a way to represent the major races of the Zelda universe. Opponents of Pokemon Trainer may not like him, but I think he'd be great.

Ridley: His popularity is too big not to include him (see what I did there?)

Ness & Paula: I want to see Ness lose PK Thunder in favor of PK Teleport and lose PK Starstorm for PK Rockin. Paula's specials are identical to Lucas, but trades his physical attacks for her own set using Frying Pans and such. I know all three Mother games are important and well loved by many, but Mother 2/Earthbound is the game that is most famous worldwide, and I can see us getting two reps from that particular game, especially given the worldwide rerelease.

Shulk: Not much needs to be said about this guy. Xenoblade Chronicles was a huge success, and should be repped.

Palutena: KI will get another rep, and Palutena is the best choice, as she's been involved in all 3 previous KI games. I can also see us getting Magnus or Hades, or if my dream comes true, the Eggplant Wizard (curse you N Team!)

Dillon: With Dillon and the Rolling Western doing so well, Dillon could be a good way to represent that series. Admittidly, I've never played it, but I feel Dillon would be a cool new rep from a cool new IP.

Isaac: Golden Sun is a fantastic game and there are tons of moveset combinations for Isaac from his games. I've wanted to see him in for a long time and I feel this should be the time.

Sonic: He will be back, possibly with new Wisp powers, but given Nintendo's dealings with Sega, I'd be hard pressed to believe that he won't come back.

Krystal: Offers a unique moveset character from the Star Fox universe. I do feel that Wolf or Falco would be cut, and I personally think Wolf, being the villian, has a better shot of staying in.

Dixie Kong: With Tropical Freeze coming out, I think we'll see Dixie in some form.

King K Rool: DK is deserving of 4 reps given his sales history, and the most iconic villian from his series is a great contender for another character from it.

Pac-Man: I think that if there are more than two third party characters in this game, Namco should get one, and their mascot should get top priority.

Chrom, Lucina, and Marth: Fire Emblem should pick up another rep, and I'm in the boat of supporting the new characters. Honestly Lucina could be Lyn and I wouldn't mind, Marth should return as he is the most iconic rep from those games. I know a lot of you are Ike and Roy fans, but maybe they could be DLC.

Little Mac: Given the success of Punch Out for Wii, I think he's a no-brainer. At one point I also had King Hippo on this list, because I felt that Punch Out has enough sales to warrant two reps, but realistically, I think we'll only get one, and Mac is obvious.

Rob: So many people think he's leaving, but come on, he's unique, offers a great style of gameplay for Smash, and he was one of the first accessories for the NES. Rob is staying.

Takamaru: With his rise in popularity due to Nintendo Land, I think there's a good chance of Takamaru coming in to rep the East.

Mike Jones: Startropics is one of my favorite games from the NES era, and I want very badly to see him in this game in some form, preferably as a playable character.

Pokemon Trainer: I know a lot of people think he'll get cut for a more current rotation of Pokemon, but bear this in mind: We'll likely get a Pokemon to rep the newer series, or two of them possibly, I think people that don't play Pokmeon will be happier seeing a classic character like Red, with his classic first gen pokes. Not everybody knows what a Froakie or a Blaziken is, but everybody knows who Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle are.

Mewtwo: Gen 6 previews make this seem obvious

Zorark: And this guy is an amazing rep for Gen 5, although I could easily see Victini in this spot.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Alright. I've given this a lot of thought, so here we go:

There are 46 characters in total (50 counting transformations)
34 of these characters are veterans, 12 are newcomers.

I considered these characters, but unfortunately they didn't end up in the final roster:
-Toad
-King K. Rool
-Tingle
-Ridley
-Krystal
-Takamaru
-Pac-man

I know that Sakurai confirmed that no DLC will appear in SSBWIIU/3DS, but if there were to be DLC, I'd like those characters to be downloadable.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I made a few adjustments to my earlier prediction. I feel like this one will be slightly more accurate. It's still a 44 character roster but I have replaced Bayonetta with Pac Man. I've also replaced Ghirahim with classic Link from the "Link to the Past" sequel.

Cut Brawlers from easiest cut to hardest cut: Toon Link, Pokemon Trainer (Kanto), Lucario, Snake, Ike, Lucas.

Toon Link and Pokemon Trainer (Kanto) are the only two who wouldn't have a chance to benefit from me making a larger roster prediction (45-55). Since they have very obvious replacements.

A text list of the characters is below with a few additional predictions.

Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Classic Link *Newcomer*

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong (possibly paired with Dixie Kong *Newcomer*)

Metroid
Samus Aran
Ridley * Newcomer*

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Kalos) *Newcomer*
Mewtwo *Returning Veteran*
Jigglypuff

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena *Newcomer*

Animal Crossing *New Game/Series*
Villager *Newcomer*

WarioWare
Wario

Yoshi
Yoshi

Pikmin
Captain Olimar (and Pikmin)

Fire Emblem
Marth
Chrom *Newcomer* (possibly paired with another awakening character to emphasize the teaming up mechanic)

Earthbound/Mother
Ness
! If you want to make this a 45 character roster, add Lucas to my prediction. He would be my next choice. !

Punch-Out *New Game/Series*
Little Mac *Newcomer*

Game & Watch
Mr. Game & Watch

Wii Fit *New Game/Series*
Wii Fit Trainer *Newcomer*

Gyromite/Stack-Up
R.O.B

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

Pushmo/Eshop *New Game/Series*
Mallo *Newcomer*

Golden Sun *New Game/Series*
Isaac *Newcomer* (alternatively it could be Matthew *Newcomer*)

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Xenoblade Chronicles *New Game/Series*
Shulk *Newcomer*

Chibi Robo *New Game/Series*
Chibi Robo *Newcomer* (He's the character I'm least sure about, he has four games to his name...and his games are unique...it depends on if Sakurai wants to do a Fire Emblem on him. It could happen.)

Third Party
Pac-Man *Newcomer*
Sonic
Mega Man *Newcomer*

-------------------------------------------------------
Starting Fighters
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Wii Fit Trainer
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Yoshi
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Captain Olimar
Fox
Little Mac
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Kalos)
Villager
Chrom
Ness

Unlockable Fighters
Luigi
Mallo
Ganondorf
Classic Link
R.O.B
Ridley
Paluntena
Isaac
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Shulk
Marth
Chibi Robo
Mr. Game & Watch
Sonic
Pac-Man
Mega Man

24 Starting Fighters
20 Unlockable Fighters

Might be overkill on the unlockables, there's probably 1-3 unlockables that could become starting fighters....

I've tried to keep my prediction very pessimistic overall, which is why I kept the roster down to 44. I fear that the reality might ultimately be even more pessimistic (40 or less) but this is really as low as I'm willing to go now.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
My roster is mostly speculation, with a little bit of wishful thinking thrown in for good measure.

SM4SH Roster.jpg

Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser: Fine where they are
Waluigi: Reps Mario spinoffs as a whole perfectly. I can see him with moves based off of Mario Party, Kart, Tennis, Golf, Strikers, Baseball, Hoops, Sports...and he can swim in midair. PERFECT.

Yoshi, Wario: Fine where they are, with none too many fellow series reps to join them. Well, iconic ones, anyway. Save for Kamek, who I would prefer other franchises over.

ROB: Too unique a character, with a rich Nintendo history. Flesh out his moveset and he's more than a keeper.

DK, Diddy: Stay put.
K. Rool, Dixie: Iconic villain vs. iconic female. They're both so iconic that I just put both in.

Link, Zelda, Ganondorf: They make up the Triforce. They're the biggest part of the franchise, in-game or not.
Sheik: A key part of one of the most famous video games ever. A huge part of what makes Zelda a unique character. I'd rather not see her go.
Toon Link: Link has gone through so many transformations that even his alternate looks have gotten a slew of games. Toon Link is one of the most iconic, as well as the most prevalent. Plus...Wind Waker HD. 'Nuff said.

Pikachu: The only Pokemon character who's really locked in, 100%.
Jigglypuff: While it's a stretch, Jiggly has been around since SSB64. Plus, the Fairy-type makes it relevant again. As if relevance matters.
Mewtwo: Sakurai has even addressed it. Mewtwo has enough demand. Plus, he's no stranger to the roster.
Pokemon Trainer: A unique character who wields the most famous of Pokemon. Charizard can't help his fame.
Lucario: The only Pokemon to rep a Gen other than uno (other than Pichu, but...no). A fifth rep is no biggy for a franchise as insanely huge and famous as Pokemon.

Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede: The main character, the bumbling-misunderstood-villain-of-sorts, and the fan-favorite topsy-turvy protagonist round out the franchise quite nicely.

Pit: No reason to take him out. Especially since we know he's in the game. Palutena, on the other hand, should stay on a god-like status. Maybe a codec of sorts? That'd be neat.

Ice Climbers: Fix the 3DS problems and there's no reason to leave them out.

Mr. Game & Watch: Nintendo's first major IP, and first "hardware". Plus, he has a wacky and specific moveset. There's no reason to drop him.

Takamaru: A retro character who has something unique to bring to the table. Plus, we could get the whole "East vs. West" thingy with him and Little Mac.

Samus: She's a mainstay who's already in.
Ridley: The only other available and understandable Metroid rep who isn't a Samus clone. And he isn't too big.

Ness: A 64 vet whose game recently got rereleased on the WiiU (at least in America).
Lucas: He has a potential moveset away from Ness. Give it to him, and viola.

Fox, Falco, Wolf: The same case I made with the Kirby series. The main protagonist, the sidekick-ace-pilot guy, and the hardened rival/antagonist type. The series has more than enough rep. Flesh out Falco and Wolf more and leave it be, from there.

Dillon: A unique character who has more than proven himself as a contemporary pseudo-All-Star, and the face of the 3DS eShop. There is no character I can think of that could bring what Dillon can to the table.

Marth: The original FE lord. He has been in more FE games than any other FE character. Melee and Brawl only have solidified him as the ideal rep for Fire Emblem.
Ike: Unlike Roy before him, Ike differed from his counterpart, Marth. He is the last console rep of FE. They could still play off of his fame from the "Radiant" games.
Chrom: Fire Emblem: Awakening has brought up a greater understanding of the franchise in the West. Who better to play off of that than Chrom himself?

Isaac: The face of Golden Sun whose Psynergy-based moveset would differ from regular swordsmen.

Captain Falcon: The famous face of a dormant series. I'd prefer to see a new franchise altogether than see Black Shadow or even Samurai Goroh.

Little Mac: Once a famous retro character, Brawl and Punch-Out Wii brought the character back into the spotlight. He's practically a shoe-in. Plus, Little Mac vs. Takamaru, as I've said before, would be a great representation of East vs. West.

Starfy: In the past few years, Starfy's presence has grown to be more recognized. He did get a DS release shortly after Brawl, the same thing that put Little Mac back on the radar (kinda sorta).

Olimar: The face of Pikmin, and a Brawl vet. Even if we weren't aware of his presence in SSB4 already, replacing him with a so-far one-time protagonist would be insane.

Villager: He's in. That's all I got.

Chibi-Robo: Since Brawl, his series has grown into a GC game, a DS game, a Japan-exclusive DS game, and a Japan-exclusive 3DS eShop game that came out recently. He is a, more or less, unique character. Even with his chances now boosted, he's mostly a wishlist character.

Jill: Once purely a wishlist character, after playing Drill Dozer, the only strike against her would be the fact that she's in one game. I think she'd fit right in with the Smash cast.

Wii Fit Trainer: Same as Villager, but to a much much MUCH higher extent.

Snake: Although he is pretty irrelevant to Nintendo, in the grand scheme of things, he was in Brawl, and he was pretty unique, so why not?

Sonic: More and more, Sonic has become an IP that shows faithfulness to Nintendo as a third-party rep. Especially with his exclusive Nintendo gig, and the fact that a Sega rep said that the only thing keeping Sonic from SSB4 was Sakurai's input, he could be considered to be a shoe-in, under a slightly optimistic light.

Mega Man: Doi.

Mii: Miis are a trademark Nintendo avatar with playable potential. And yes, they would work in a stat-based game, if Mario Kart and Mario & Sonic have taught us anything.

Mugiwara no Luffy

Smash Rookie
Hi all! Thought I'd make an account on here so I could share the roster I made with the roster making tool. I've made fake rosters before using Microsoft Word, Paint, etc., but I feel this one here is the one I've put the most thought and logic into (plus visually it's my best looking roster). I think the new game should focus more on providing characters from a wide range of franchises as opposed to continually adding supporting characters from the same franchises. I also tried to make it as diverse as possible as far as character appearances and fighting styles go. Lastly, the 10 characters on the bottom are other characters I would've liked to add to the roster but, in trying to keep within a reasonable character limit, decided not to (it's also for all these reasons that I decided to scrap so many veteran characters). Dunno where I'd post to hear people's thoughts on it, but opinions on this roster are certainly welcome! =)

Primid

Smash Apprentice
All right, I'll have a go at this by presenting my roster prediction:

BLUE: Starting Characters
RED: Unlockable Characters
GREEN: DLC Characters

It has 49 character slots, zero cuts.

NEWCOMERS

1. Bowser Jr.
2. King K. Rool
3. Ridley
4. Palutena
5. Villager
6. Little Mac
7. Mewtwo (Even though he's technically returning, I'll just count him as a newcomer...)
8. Chrom
9. Isaac
10. Shulk
11. Masked Man
12. Takamaru
13. Wii Fit Trainer
14. Mega Man

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I've tried to make this as realistic as possible but may update if/as necessary.

Veterans (32/37):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Wario <-- I'd really rather he were cut but he won't be.
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong <-- Horrible character, hope they rework him cause there's no way he'll be cut.
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link <-- Too current to cut.
(Zero Suit) Samus <-- Was always a one person series in her games, why would smash be different?
Fox
Falco <-- One Fox clone is enough.
Kirby
Dedede <-- Seems like an unnecessary character but Sakurai won't get rid of him.
Meta Knight <-- Hopefully less broken this time.
Ness
Pit
Marth
Ike <-- Both FE reps seem equally likely but we may get a new character instead of one of them.
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Mewtwo (+alt Forme) <-- Old favourite with new movie tie-ins? Nintendo would be a fool to pass up this guy!
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Mr. Game & Watch
Popo & Nana
Sonic
Snake
R.O.B. <-- A piece of hardware they don't want forgotten, even if his character wasn't so memorable.

Newcomers (15/15):
Krystal <-- A fan favourite who's not obscure and would be the first entirely non-Fox rep of the series.
Isaac <-- Golden Sun is surprisingly unseen these days, despite once being quite mainstream, so I expect it to see some representation here. Especially as it was a handheld exclusive series and Smash should be pushing to represent those.
Megaman
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Toad <-- What can I say? There are better Mario characters but Toad is what we'll see I'm sure.
Girahim <-- Seems the most likely Zelda newcomer.
Tingle <-- Comedy less prolific character from a well known series. Also able to reference Balloon Fighter if need be.
Paper Mario <-- Would be a wonderful gimmick character and plays on the new 3D aspect interestingly.
Lloyd <-- With fighters out of the mix, it's a toss up between him and Pac Man for Namco rep. Pac Man is more iconic but Lloyd has a dedicated fanbase, is a more workable character and is far and away the star of his series in the west. He is also one of the two Nintendo exclusive guest characters in the Soul Calibur series, which may or may not be significant.
Starfy <-- We seem to get an obscure japanese character each iteration and Starfy would be both cute and entirely unique. He seems relatively likely.
Chibi Robo <-- Is a less likely character but I'd still like to see him and he doesn't seem unrealistic.
Mii <-- There's a good chance they'll be in and a great chance they'll suck. Oh well.
Victini <-- Pokémon needs a current rep and, while Mewtwo sort of fills the role, he's also an older character.
Prince Sablé <-- Is nothing special but is a representative of a nice little kiddy game who I could see appearing if we don't get a new FE character.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
MY ROSTER (pics later)

(Ignore the placing of the random button, and just move it next to Fox)

[collapse=Reasons Why] There's a perfectly logical explanation for this:

-The original 8, as well as the starters from Melee, continue being starters.
-All Brawl starters return.
-Toad is added to add another Mario rep, due to his iconic stature and his moveset capability.
-Chrom is added to represent the newest Fire Emblem game.
-Takamaru is this game's starting retro, in the same manner as Ice Climbers & Pit.
-Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are present.
-Krystal is added to bring variety to the Star Fox series, as well as another female character.
-Isaac is added to represent the Golden Sun series, another more recent Nintendo IP.
-Little Mac has been added due to popularity and moveset potential, as well as his last Wii game.
-Miis have been added to represent the popularity of the Wii console, and are the customizable characters between 3DS/ Wii U. [/collapse]

Final Roster:

[collapse=Reasons Why] Another logical explanation:

-Ness, Luigi, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff return, as always.
-Marth, Falco, Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch all return from Melee and Brawl.
-Toon Link, Wolf, Lucario and R.O.B. are also returning from Brawl.
-Ridley and King K. Rool have been added due to popularity and more villains.
-Mewtwo, Roy and Young Link all return from Melee due to fan demand.
-Tom Nook added due to popularity of Animal Crossing.
-Dixie Kong and Toon Zelda/Tetra added due to being in the Forbidden 7.
-Palutena added due to success of Kid Icarus: Uprising.
-Paper Mario added as a Mario RPG representative
-Shulk added due to popularity of Xenoblade Chronicles.
-Samurai Goroh added to expand the F-Zero series.
-Kamek added to expand the Yoshi's Island series.
-Mega Man, Sonic and Snake are all third-party members.
-Lloyd Irving or Pac-Man fills up the Namco slot.
-Geno added due to dedicated fanbase and desire pre-Brawl. [/collapse]

Other items of business:

-Doctor Mario is an alternate for Mario.
-Saki was extremely close to making it, so consider him DLC.
-Pichu was the only non-returning veteran.
-Several characters received changes to their movesets.
-There are 30 starters and 30 unlockables.
-Only 9 newcomers are starters.
-16 newcomers are unlockable, making a larger cast of newcomers being unlockables rather than starters, unlike Brawl.
-9 new franchsies are added to Super Smash Bros: Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Golden Sun, Murasame Castle, Wii Sports, Punch-Out!!, Xenoblade, Tales of/Pac-Man and Mega Man. Geno is considered a "Mario character" despite his logo and victory theme.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Friend of mine made this roster.

While I don't particularly care for all the Mario/spin-off representation, this about covers everything I wish would happen. Sadly I'm seeing cuts as inevitable.

Espio264

Smash Ace
SmashU.jpg

First column is my unlikely/ "wouldn't it be pretty rad if" characters.

Paper Mario
Duck Hunt Dog
Rocket Grunt (Meowth + 2, Gengar and Scizor are just place holders. I'd love to play as either of them but It'd be more realistic to think they'd put in later generation reps. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gen 3, so I'm not sure what they might pick. Zoroark or one of those dark looking Pokemon maybe?)
Micaiah
Bomberman

Next 10 columns are the super realistic possibilities. (49 characters)

Bottom row is transformations.

Newcomers: (not including first column)

Toad
King K. Rool
Takamaru
Palutena
Awakened Mewtwo
Ridley
Chrom
Wii Fit Trainer
AC Villager
Krystal
Little Mac
Isaac
Shulk
Megaman
Pacman

*Full credit to any artists whose images I may have used. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Here is my roster, in all it's glory. With a menu design! :D​

Foot Foot

Smash Rookie

I'm thinking this is fairly realistic, the Kalos Trainer can be replaced with any 6th Generation pokemon that's TBA,

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice

Red is DLC. Green is unlikely, but possible 3rd party.

Eevee would have change Eeveelution gimmick that has essentially the same moveset for each Eeveelution, but with different properties/visual flare (fire for Flareon, darkness for Umbreon, etc). Can be trained by whoever, or not even have a trainer.

Cynthia would function the same as Pokemon Trainer, but with three non-starters from various Generations. (e.g. Zoroark, Scizor, and Gardevoir. Lucario or Jigglypuff could potentially be made part of this). Would not necessarily need to be Cynthia. Could be N or Blue or Giovanni or any player character.

The rest should be self-explanatory in function (non-gimmick/transform characters).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I've not updated this in a LONG time... let's change that!

Optimism!

60 characters... I HIGHLY doubt they'll all make it, especially some of those third parties, but I think these are some of the most reasonable choices within areas I expect. More a list for exclusions; if we get something outside of these (and the alternates I've suggested in the collapse) I'll be surprised (hopefully pleasantly).

I've given up on getting the roster right :p.

DK: K.Rool for extra Hype, considered Dixie too because of semi-clone ease, but I think we'd have seen a DK Newcomer by now if she were coming... I see one or other, and K.Rool looks most likely to me atm.

Pikmin: Stay the same.

Animal Crossing: Villager alone.

Mario: Bowser Jr picks up some of Squirtles moveset.

Wario: The same, though I chose the original outfit because it looks better on the mario line :p.

Zelda: Tetra added, I do see a Zelda newcomer given the amount of Zelda they're doing atm... but I'm uncertain as to who; Tetra seems most likely to me. Atleast a somewhat reworked Ganondorf.

Spacies: Stay the same.

F-Zero: Black Shadow, because an F-Zero rep is long overdue and he is one of JPN's most popular choices.

Wars: Andy is one of the least likely on the roster, even lower than Slime imo, but I do see him as one of the most likely summoner characters [not to be confused with puppet masters like Rosaluma] (but they could well count Slime as that, or play Palutena that way), and Bamco do seem to be filling out the fighting cliche's...

Metroid: Ridley because I believe the shadow is proof of his play-ability.

Kid Icarus: Palutena is one of the most requested characters, and could be a summoner with Centurions... not sure, and I think she has enough as a projectile character, but could take that mantle if they decide against a Wars rep.

Kirby: No change.

Mother: No change.

Rhythm Heaven: Marshal, I don't believe the leak, and I always thought Marshal was the most likely Rhythm Heaven rep anyway. I think Rhythm Heaven deserves the rep too, though I'm not exactly certain of it.

Fire Emblem: Roy and Chrom are both Semi-clones (but towards the semi side) of the character above. Bamco means more time to fit relatively easy characters in... I think we'll get at least 3 FE characters, and these are the four most important Lords in the series, so it makes sense for it to be them. Odds ares slightly on that Roy doesn't make it back, but Bamco's help and semi-clone makes me hopeful.

Golden Sun: Dat defensive character! I also think Nintendo are really going to push jRPGs this generation, especially with the PS4's failure in the JPN market, they can claw back that monopoly and get a market niche like Sony did last gen.

Shulk: Much like above, I see it as more a business move than anything, and he'll be a better business move... I don't think they're exactly in competition either, which helps.

Pokémon: Dat trio, also Mewtwo is the most wanted character in the world...

Others: Takamaru as Retro and Wii Fit as historical... just very recent history. I think Takamaru's set for a comeback, but Retro's are notoriously difficult to predict. Little Mac is in this row because of space.

3rd parties:

Konami OR Platinum: I think they're fighting for the same slot; Platinum (Bayonetta) are an up-and-coming potential Second Party, while Konami are a huge name with some great IPs, but they kinda fill the same 'serious gamer' niche for marketing purposes. I think Belmont is equally likely as Snake (I can see a LoS Wii U port more than a Ground Zeroes to commemorate and try and mend the wounds Konami have caused, also Virtual Console), at maybe 25% each, and Bayonetta behind at 15%.
At this point Tecmo Koei's Ryu Hayabusa seems a no-go, but like Ray lower down the post it'll only take a few more Nintendo console game announcements before it looks reasonable.

Megaman & Sonic: Already in, no second characters... not this game, maybe later installments. There for the hype and history.

Pac-Man: Bamco rep, also special-flag makes me think he's in.

Dragon Quest: I think Dragon Quest is coming back in a big way at E3, and he'd be hype for Japan, and Sakurai's a fan, and this gen's RPG focus... but, any SE rep gets 45% from me, and Slime gets 40% of that...

5 3rd parties is highly highly highly unlikely, but I'm not disregarding the possibility as long as it's the right 5! Any non-Pac-Man 3P though does drop the other's chances to the dirt.

I concidered putting Ray because I think a F2P Custom-Robo game is quite likely to happen... but if it'll happen this E3, and if Sakurai would choose to rep it both make him unlikely enough to be a surprise in itself... but after a Custom Robo game reveal he'd stop being a surprise, though still not someone I'm expecting per se.

I would be surprised by Layton, but he might happen... I just think the competition's too great!

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
coolroster.png

[collapse=Explanations]
Total count: 46 characters + Mii w/ no cuts.
I'll just give brief explanations

Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario: Reps the RPG side of Mario games, popular in Japan, more moveset potential than Toad or Bowser Jr IMO.

Mario Spin-off Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool: Highly demanded, main villain, popular. The main thing I believe puts K Rool over Dixie is his moveset potential.
Yoshi
Wario

Legend of Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Metroid Series:
Samus (w/ Zero Suit Samus)
Ridley: Justifies himself

Mother Series:
Ness
Lucas

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario
Mewtwo

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Chrom: Popular, highly requested, Main lord of FE13

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Starfox Series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit
I don't feel that KI:U and Pit being shown in the trailer means another rep is at all likely. Kirby was also created by Sakurai, and an original 8 character, yet he didn't get additional reps until Brawl. Kirby is also a much bigger series that Kid Icarus. So by that logic, Kid Icarus won't be getting a rep until a later game.

Misc Characters:
Captain Falcon
Captain Olimar
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Isaac: Popular, was an Assist, from a popular series, great moveset options.

Classic Characters:
Little Mac: Obviously should be in
Takamaru: Also, obviously should be in
Ice Climbers
Mr Game and Watch
R.O.B.: I don't know why people even consider cutting him.

3rd Party Characters:
Sonic
Snake: Snake has no reason to leave.
Megaman

Mii: It's going to happen whether we like it or not.[/collapse]

UPDATE: 9/28

Character Count: 46 Characters (Mii is not customizable moveset wise)
Newcomer Count: 10 Newcomers + Returning Mewtwo
0 Cuts

EXPLANATIONS:

Bowser Jr (Mario): The only reason I have Bowser Jr is because of Toon Link's reveal. I originally had Toon Link cut along with Lucario and no new Mario reps, leaving the 3 flagship franchises well balanced. Now that Toon Link is revealed, I feel there will be no cuts. This is because he seemed like the most obvious choice to be cut. Returning Mewtwo and keeping Lucario left five Pokemon reps, and I didn't want Mario to have less reps than Pokemon. So, I added Bowser Jr. I feel that he is more interesting than Toad (who seems to have been deconfirmed), and just more likely than Paper Mario. I have a neutral feel on Bowser Jr and Paper Mario, so they're pretty interchangeable.

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong): Dixie Kong seems more likely, but I feel he is much more interesting. I don't think he needs more justification.

Isaac (Golden Sun): From a big franchise that isn't represented, iconic character to his series, was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. I feel he's more likely than Shulk just because he has already been established as an iconic character with potential in Smash Bros, and we're not even sure that Shulk has ever been considered.

Ridley (Metroid): Even if he is, for some reason, a stage hazard on the Pyrosphere (which I highly doubt), he can still be playable. This has been proven by Toon Link and the Spirit Tracks stage.

Mewtwo (Pokemon): Represents the 6th gen, incredibly iconic and popular, yeah yeah. Mewtwo just has to be in.

Little Mac (Punch Out!!): Represents a new franchise, was an assist trophy in Brawl, is one of the most wanted characters, and the Boxing Ring stage has been shown and seems very fitting for Little Mac. One of the most popular, iconic, and requested characters left to be playable. Little Mac has no reason to be excluded.

Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jo): Each game should probably have a retro rep, and Takamaru seems like an obvious choice. I considered replacing him with the Duck Hunt Dog, but I decided that Takamaru is just so much more likely. He is an obvious choice who doesn't need much explanation.

Mii: The only thing that is customizable about the Mii is their look. Like it or not, Miis are a huge thing and will be playable in almost any Nintendo multiplayer party game. I hate them and the idea of them, but they just seem that likely.

Mugiwara no Luffy

Smash Rookie
So, due to the rules of the roster maker contest (among other things), I recently ended up updating my roster in order to include more characters. I think this one's much better and, as I said in the other thread, I am now positive that this would be my dream SSB4 roster. Plus this one has a random button now - yay!!! =D

Default Roster:

Roster With All Characters Unlocked:

Oh, and I only scrapped 5 Brawl characters this time (Toon Link, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, and Lucas). Also, 18 out of the 44 characters have to be unlocked. ;)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy

Key Points:
- Retains all fighters from Brawl
- Mewtwo and Roy (pending) return
- 47 slots with 54 characters (WOW)
- 12-13 newcomers

Changes:
Dixie - I feel shes gonna be in over K. Rool, sadly. It's just a relevancy thing, and it helps shes returning in a game this next year.

Little Mac - If he isn't in, i'll be surprised.

Palutena - I feel as if Kid Icarus is the Star Fox to this generation as Falco was to Melee: they're getting a second rep. She's unique so I think she fits the bill.

Pac-man - As much as I don't want him, I think he's gonna be the Sonic of this game. This is just because of his popularity and the inclusion of Namco assisting the games development. He's the last inclusion i would put on.

Two Fire Emblem Slot - So I think alongside Marth, there will be two others from Fire Emblem. As you can see, it could be a combination of two of Roy, Ike and Chrom. Roy because he is highly demanded and a veteran, Ike because he's the most unique in his swords play and Chrom because he is relevant. I would say it would be Ike and Roy, but I decided just to leave it open right now.

Second Pokemon Trainer - Okay, so I think they are going to have a second trainer. The Pokemon I put there are just examples. I don't really think it will be those ones, but it will be Pokemon who are very popular. Perhaps they will put Lucario or Mewtwo as a Pokemon in the set of three. I just think they will pick the most iconic pokemon.

Mii - Kinda surprisig they missed out on Brawl, but here they are. As far as people playing as Reggie and Penis, I think when the online games start coming they'll fix such things up. Miiverse is not that bad as of late. It's a good money maker too. No customized move-set, just the face changes.

Smash Symbol? - This was the final character I would add. There are so many worthy ones but I couldn't see adding them all. It's really a Sakurai choice, which means I could never decide. But they are there, ranging from obvious ones like Ridley and Shulk and dumb ones such as Sandbag.

Paper Mario - And finally, my favorite addition. I feel as if he does have a larger chance then many give him credit for. He is like the Toon Link to Link. It's not JUST a Mario clone, it's a well represented character from a side series that has yet to be represented. I feel out of the usually cabal of Bowser Junior, Toad, Waluigi and so on, he's the most unique. He is much different than Mario in the use of his Hammer, Partners and Star Power. Hopefully I am not wrong about this one

I feel this is a very safe roster. I'm surprised it came out to be as big as it did. If it were smaller, I would remove Paper Mario and Pacman and leave Fire Emblem at two reps.

OLD PREDICTION! (AUGUST)

After my initial roster, I decided to hypothesize rosters that had caps on how many characters could be in. So I did 50, 45, 40, 35, 30 and 25. At that point it just became Melee so I stopped. But here they are for your judging eyes to peer down on me like a quivering mouse!

SMASH ROSTER 50!!!

40 :0

35 .... THINGS ARE STARTING TO GET TIGHT AND ZESTY

30 ... hey it's not the best roster but I bet it would be a tight game. More balance .... better Mewtwo.... it may have less characters but I think it would be an amazing game.

And finally, my breaking point

Is it bad I'd be fine if this was the game we got?

ANYWAYYS

Enjoy fellow smashers!

rutilant_homie

Smash Rookie
My Roster:

Mario Series: Yoshi Series: Wario Series Donkey Kong Series

Mario* Yoshi Wario Donkey Kong*
Luigi* Diddy Kong
Bowser* Dixie Kong (NC)
Peach King K Rool (NC)
Toad (NC)

Kirby Series: Starfox Series: Legend of Zelda Series: Metroid Series:

Kirby* Fox* Link* Samus*
King Dedede Falco Zelda/Sheik Zero Suit Samus
Metaknight Wolf Ganondorf Ridley (NC)
Krystal (NC) Toon Link

Kid Icarus Series: Fire Emblem Series: Pokemon Series: Mother Series:

Pit* Marth Pikachu* Ness
Palutena (NC) Ike Jigglypuff Lucas
Lucina (NC) Pokemon Trainer (S/I/C)
Roy (Reprisal) Lucario
Mewtwo (Reprisal)

Pikmin Series: Animal Crossing Series: F-Zero Series: Wii System Misc:

Olimar & Pikmin* Villager* (NC) Captain Falcon Wii Fit Trainer* (NC)
Mii (NC)

Retro Misc: Obscure NIntendo Misc: Third Party:

Ice Climbers Lip (of Panel de Pon) (NC) Megaman* (of Capcom) (NC)
ROB Shulk (of Xenoblade) (NC) Sonic (of Sega)
Mr Game and Watch Isaac (of Golden Sun) (NC) Snake (of Konami)
Lil Mac (NC) Saki (of Sin and Punishment) (NC) Klonoa (of Namco) (NC)
Takamaru (NC) Chun Li (of Capcom) (NC)

mike_mr25

Smash Cadet
This is how i would like the roster to be, I have not been following every little piece of detail so if anyone in my roster has been confirmed to be out please bear with me...
also... idk the name that would really identify the link from ALBW so... young link it is for now... Also i wanted to add someone else from fire emblem... but dont really follow the series so im unfamiliar with its characters...

smash-wiiu-pshop.jpg

N7Adept

Smash Rookie
SSB4 Background.PNG

This is the roster I created a couple weeks ago. At this point I think it's as good as any guess. A couple notes:

1) I don't really want Marth AND Chrom; I'd prefer one of the other and then new Fire Emblem representation, but Fire Emblem reps are to me the hardest to predict at this point. I think there will be 2 but maybe 3? Alt costumes could solve a lot of problems (Lucina, Chrom, and Marth could all be alt costumes of one moveset/character slot).
2) I would be down with a Diddy/Dixie duo character like the Ice Climbers, but no Diddy AND Dixie since they are too similar. K Rool is more unique.
3) Ridley has not been confirmed as a stage hazard despite people making assumptions and misinterpreting Sakurai's latest post. He COULD be, but it's not confirmed. Sakurai could have meant that he could appear AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER at any moment, and in that case the pic of the Pyrosphere stage was a playful tease to that reveal.
4) Skull Kid and Rosalina are my most biased choices in my roster prediction I think, but they have such unique movesets and styles I couldn't resist. I think Toad and a different Zelda rep are much more likely, but I hate Toad as a Smash fighter so I really hope I'm wrong.
5) Pacman could be in instead of Snake, I'm aware of this. Snake is way cooler though so I'm holding out hope.
6) I tried to get rid of as many cloney characters as possible based on the assumption that the Smash team would want to avoid clone-type characters as much as possible this time around. I think Ganondorf will finally be given his due with his own unique moveset; also my prediction is that Falco and Luigi will be further differentiated. Maybe a Down B vacuum move for Luigi?
7) With 45 characters in my roster lineup, there are actually 50 unique movesets: +Sheik, +Shadow Mario (for Bowser Jr), +Zero Suit Samus, +2 for the Pokemon Trainer.
8) I'm well aware that the Mii is very likely, but I hope they have the wisdom to not make that undeserving avatar a playable character. An alt costume for the Villager would be fine since they have around the same body builds.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
MyRoster.png

Here's my roster! (As well as my first post! :D)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will only be talking about series that have a change in representatives or a newcomer. Series like the Yoshi series will not be discussed because it just takes space.

Mario Series
Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are obvious choices, and so I shall not discuss them.
I personally believe Bowser Jr. is the next best Mario representative for he has had a lot of significance and is a very solid and unique character. His moveset potential is outstanding, and he'd probably be very fun to play as. It's also another villain representative for the series, which is a plus.

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are obvious. No discussion for them.
King K. Rool is a great character with a large moveset pool and is another villain representative. Not much else to say.

Legend of Zelda Series
Nothing to say for Link, Zelda/Sheik and Ganondorf.
Despite some people's anger, I strongly believe Toon Link will return.
Toon Zelda is the next likely choice because there aren't any other characters that fill the role like Toon Zelda does.

Metroid Series
Nothing to say for Samus/Zero Suit and Ridley. I really think Ridley will make it in.

Pokemon Series
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pokemon Trainer will return. It's obvious.
I also believe Mewtwo will return, with a Final Smash representing his Mega Evolution.
I also believe Lucario will return, but with a new mechanic. I think that Lucario, when in battle for a long enough time and with aura increase, he'll Mega Evolve into Mega Lucario, who may/may not have new moves and be powered up.

Fire Emblem Series
Ike will probably be replaced with Chrom, due to Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Other Series
Little Mac and Shulk will most likely make it into the game, well at least that's how I see it.

And that concludes my very first post! :D

Anahata57

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! First post on here. Here's my first roster prediction filled with a bit of a personal bias:
Brawl Roster.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom