• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

thebrute7

Smash Rookie
Nothing's really going on now so the Oli forums have degenerated to the Social thread and a discussion of pokemon...

I would have some new vids but I haven't been able to find a tourney to go to in Oregon... No Brawl scene on the westcoast :(

Jane

Smash Hero
i just saw a couple sets from that tourney, good **** you guys!

i learned a lot just watching rich and brian play

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So I got to play Fearless recently in Florida....

by far the best Olimar I've played yet.

Discuss.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I've been thinking, an Olimar at 80ish percent is just about to enter the dangerous teritory of being knocked out and gimped. Maybe if an Oli was good enough he could use his wistle everytime when someone would try and attack and then counter them with a fast move or grab.
I tried this the other day on a CPU Ike. CPU's can be harder to predict sometimes, but with enough patience I was able to survive up to 211% and I countered everything he threw at me because the wistle has very few ending frames.
I had 3 stock when I won.

How many people are utilizing this stradegy?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Are you saying just Whistle the attacks? Because I'm pretty sure most if all does that?
I am saying purposely putting yourself into harms way so that they will attack you, you wistle and because of the low ending lag you get an instant counter.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I am saying purposely putting yourself into harms way so that they will attack you, you wistle and because of the low ending lag you get an instant counter.
this will not work against any good player, it will work some but not much and its not a great idea sorry. All the other player has to do is predict u to whistle then punish and then ur dead when u could have just kept camping and being safe. or a charcter like ike could just keep jabing and it doesnt matter if u whistle that or not, same goes for any other move that has low lag or has multiple hitboxes, like dancing blade from marth. But this is a good idea when it goes to them trying to use a smash attack, since most are laggy enough for us to punish after a whistile

Denti

Smash Master
I've been throwing my pikmin over MK when i'm at high damage and having them walk back to me at which point he down smashes and gets hit lag down smashes from hitting the returning pikmin as i punish. :laugh: too pro?!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Just caught Ho-oh. It's my favorite legendary.
He has such a cool signature move. If only he didn't get brutalized by Stealth Rock...

I've been working on trying to catch a Modest Ho-oh without using my Master Ball for like... a week. At least Giratina-O had good music that actually made the process easier on the ears, unlike this strange almost-oriental music. D:

Noa.

Smash Master
He has such a cool signature move. If only he didn't get brutalized by Stealth Rock...

I've been working on trying to catch a Modest Ho-oh without using my Master Ball for like... a week. At least Giratina-O had good music that actually made the process easier on the ears, unlike this strange almost-oriental music. D:
Yeah the Ho-oh I caught had a Rash nature. Not that good. I also used the Ho-oh in against the Elite Four, so its EVs are messed up.

Stealth Rock is Ho-oh's biggest weakness by far. All you need to counter that though is a Forretress.

Denti

Smash Master
since ya'll are talking about competitive Pokemon teams i have one i completed 4 months ago. if anyone wants to battle i'm up :D

i have tyranitar, creselia, heatran, mamoswine, zapdos, and frostlas. :laugh: EVed and IVed ready for fresh beat downs

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Interesting team. Mamoswine and Froslass, but a TTar instead of Abomasnow.
TBH, it looks like it would have a good amount of trouble with a full-on SS team.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Not until there's a "Prince of All Cosmos" Olimar texture, son.

UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE?
He even rolls Samus as hard as we do.

Noa.

Smash Master
Lol Coud.

I'm taking a Drug and Alcohol Subtance Abuse Class online to get my driving permit. It takes 4 hours. :/

RichBrown

Smash Master
To clear up last weekend's results:

DSF was late, so he got DQed from winners. He was supposed to play Brian H, so Brian ended up inheriting DSF's super easy bracket which basically got him guaranteed 5th.

I lost to Havok in winners, and had to play DSF very early in losers due to him screwing up the bracket.

Geddan

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think Olimar shouldn't have been moved to B tier?

Hello welcome to the Olimar boards
considering how everyone else got "moved down" as well i think it's fair enough. the poor ****** hasn't actually moved spots at all since the 2nd tier list. >_<

if we were to somehow be able to convince the br that he's total crap and make him low tier, that would be amazing.

Noa.

Smash Master
Oli is perfectly fine where he is. Maybe above Pika, but the the difference in character quality is so insignificant that I don't really mind.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
if we were to somehow be able to convince the br that he's total crap and make him low tier, that would be amazing.
YES. I approve of the free money idea.
It would never happen, though. =/

Top Bottom