• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Brawl Power Rankings v6.0 - UPDATE (7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
That video doesn't prove that Diddy is a bad character. Just proves Ghost doesn't play the character well. So many spot dodges. Apollo attacks at the banana's because Ghost always tries to go for them, even when it's not a safe option. Apollo throw the banana's in the air, not to control them, but to remove them from the play for a time while he still owns them.

Ghost, try glide tossing at and away, make Apollo come to you. Pressure with peanuts, and don't go for the nana all the time. You pulled them in some of the worst situations.

I play Diddy now too, just so I can learn strategies to beat them. I hope this helps. Tibs almost always glide tosses at and away. Jaice constantly attacks at the banana against Diddy's who aren't patient, and they are punished for it.
I'm very inconsistent and played crap that match.

Played better in GFs against Apollo that tourney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD-NzRYmw1k
^me playing better.
Still not that great, on that day I was messing up my z catching and my timing was off for a bunch of stuff.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I have about 5 characters on the fly atm Splice. I am definitely most comfortable with D3. I took a match off Attila in pools with D3 (not that this is much because the MU is ******** if the Snake doesn't set a tent up). Not sure who to main atm. MK is always the obvious choice though. I picked Wolf up like you mentioned and beat most of QLD with it, but Jaice trounced me. Not to mention him beating Jesmo's Wolf convincingly too. Stupid locks. Diddy & IC's I'm pretty interested in too.

I tend to muck around in friendlies DoMo, my D3 was serious, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten as close as I did against you with such a bad MU. My MK was just for fun (shuttle loooooops lol), and my fox. I usually just play Luigi in friendlies, but wanted to gauge how good you were using D3. Pretty good, I'll give you that. If you want an idea of my MK, ask Apollo. I played a lot of good matches against him over the weekend.

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
Oh true, yeah i don't get to vs DDD often so i wasn't aware of what he could do (as you noticed when you pulled that crazy rocket out) haha, ahh i see :)

Splice

Smash Hero
I'm very inconsistent and played crap that match.

Played better in GFs against Apollo that tourney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD-NzRYmw1k
^me playing better.
Still not that great, on that day I was messing up my z catching and my timing was off for a bunch of stuff.
Sounds like you have a lot to work on. If you're playing inconsistently and crap and not-that-great and you are messing stuff up, then maybe you are just inconsistent and not-that-great and need to stop messing stuff up. Play well always so that you don't have to explain yourself. Just **** *****es.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Those aren't johns >_>

Ghost realizes that consistency is a skill, lol, he's just saying he didn't play as well in that match and explained why. He's not excusing himself, he's explaining why he performed sub-par because it's relevant to the topic at hand. Large difference.

/rant cause I hate when people call that johnning

EDIT: Nevermind, Billy edited his post :3

Splice

Smash Hero
You are 400% right Grim and I agree with you wholeheartedly. I got lazy with my words.

Fix'd

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Mmm I agree Splice, I watch that video and make mental notes to work on specific parts of my game that I was stuffing up, e.g., that day I was spot-dodging way too much and was using aerials instead of just z catching

SethT

Smash Ace
At one meet we need to get our PR picture done. Details will be on facebook.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Oh sure, wait for me to leave the PR list before you get the picture done. I'm okay with it, really. I guess you didn't want your picture to scream HANDSOME! But yeah, whatever. It's cool.

No seriously, **** you guys!

SethT

Smash Ace
Oh sure, wait for me to leave the PR list before you get the picture done. I'm okay with it, really. I guess you didn't want your picture to scream HANDSOME! But yeah, whatever. It's cool.

No seriously, **** you guys!
Go to sg and maybe we'll consider.
Shoutout!!!! Come back to Streetgeek and take a place on the PR list :D!

Splice

Smash Hero
Pretty sure SA will still have all its best players.

That is, the ones who are good at Melee.

EDIT: And DoMo

Splice

Smash Hero
1. Apollo
2. Allens

If the top 2 was anything else id be... unpleasantly... surprised.

Splice

Smash Hero
He can be on both.

Especially seeing as he does belong on the SA PR more than the QLD PR in the first place, naturally.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
1. Apollo
2. Allens

If the top 2 was anything else id be... unpleasantly... surprised.
Apollo is on the QLD PR as of the next update, so Allens should be number 1.
I wouldn't call a victory against Earl when he didn't know the match-up grounds for being number 1 or 2 on the PR. Especially considering that he got beaten pretty badly in the rematch.

Not to mention that he still loses to myself and Ghostbone, and hasn't achieved that level of success in SA tournaments...

I mean, it is definitely a possibility that he will rank that high if he ***** at StreetGeek X3, but otherwise...

Splice

Smash Hero
from all the round robins i encountered with Apollo, You and Allens, it didn't seem like Allens loses to you Grim. Not to mention the way he played against Attila was also impressive even if he lost.

From playing him I can see he has the fundamentals down and tight play down better than you have, and if what you said about ghost getting worse since Reloaded is true, then yeah he'd have it down better than Ghost too.

But the main reason I make the comment

Is because his attitude is ace
Best attitude for learning and improvement and having fun :)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
His attitude is good, and he is a good player, and his performance at BAM was good.

However, he still does lose to me and Ghost, lol. Even if it doesn't seem like he does to you, he does.

His success largely came from his gimmick, from what I saw, his DK style is pretty different to the norm with his use of ground pound and ftilt, and lots of the players I saw weren't prepared to handle it that well.

I played against his DK with G&W and I feel I did better than you did, Splice, though you could've been sand-bagging, not sure. My Meta Knight EASILY does better than Earl's as well, lol. I don't think I've ever lost a game to his DK.

Splice

Smash Hero
The Kongo Beats of Allens Music Shop is not really different to the norm yo
Ground Pound is a good move for DK, and it forces the opponents options to be slightly more telegraphed if you use it well. Ftilt is also a good move because it provides range whilst remaining grounded and low endlag, so that isnt dif from norm anyway.

I played a best of 5 against Allens and in one match I took 0% first stock, 8% second stock, and 35% 3rd stock. I won the set too of course.I know the DK matchup very well because I used to secondary him with constant practice vs Ledge and Ledge used DK vs me too. Allens probably still knows very little about GaW, but I can see he's learnt quite a bit in the time ive played against him, so that is fast learning. It's still not everything about GaW thiough and he still wouldnt completely know the MU. The point of me telling you this is i can definitely do better than you vs a DK (not to mention Earl can now too), yet I still think Allens is a high level player, despite this.

Also his win against Earl may have been due to a lack of MU experience from Earl (not gimmicks wtf), but everything else he acheived was just as impressive and his set vs Attila was also impressive. His skill should not be undermined by the fact Earl proceeded to defeat him later. He is an amazing player and I hope comes down to VIC again.

And actually, get ghost down here too, because I would like to see him continue to improve also.
As for you Mace, stick to Melee :p

jks
but dont use ICs in Brawl.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
The Kongo Beats of Allens Music Shop is not really different to the norm yo
Ground Pound is a good move for DK, and it forces the opponents options to be slightly more telegraphed if you use it well. Ftilt is also a good move because it provides range whilst remaining grounded and low endlag, so that isnt dif from norm anyway.
I've never seen a DK as grounded as Allen, ever.

I played a best of 5 against Allens and in one match I took 0% first stock, 8% second stock, and 35% 3rd stock. I won the set too of course.I know the DK matchup very well because I used to secondary him with constant practice vs Ledge and Ledge used DK vs me too. Allens probably still knows very little about GaW, but I can see he's learnt quite a bit in the time ive played against him, so that is fast learning. It's still not everything about GaW thiough and he still wouldnt completely know the MU. The point of me telling you this is i can definitely do better than you vs a DK (not to mention Earl can now too), yet I still think Allens is a high level player, despite this.
I thought this might be the case, I was only judging what I said above over what I saw in a few friendlies, so yeah.

Also his win against Earl may have been due to a lack of MU experience from Earl (not gimmicks wtf), but everything else he acheived was just as impressive and his set vs Attila was also impressive. His skill should not be undermined by the fact Earl proceeded to defeat him later. He is an amazing player and I hope comes down to VIC again.
Gimmick was definitely the correct term. Donkey Kong, a character with two hard counters, is definitely a gimmick.

Not gonna deny he is amazing though :) I wish I saw his set vs. Attila.

And actually, get ghost down here too, because I would like to see him continue to improve also.
His Mum isn't keen on him travelling interstate for Smash, unfortunately :/

As for you Mace, stick to Melee :p
:(

:awesome:

Seriously though, I'm pretty happy with how I played Brawl at BAM. My MK excelled at all of the match-ups I am familiar with, even though I didn't use him much, and he served me well in doubles. First major where I am happy with my placing.

but dont use ICs in Brawl.
YOU CAN'T STOP ME NOW.

Splice

Smash Hero
glad you were happy with your placing (13th?)

I think you should've beaten Gords though (or whoever it was where you lost with Jigglypuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom