• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Brawl Power Rankings v6.0 - UPDATE (7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I'm afraid that's too bad, because you aren't good enough to be A Tier with your current mains.
This is the worst post in the world.

Without any of the silly chaingrabs (standing, walking), DK does fine against DDD. I've only played against one DDD who could do the infinite anyway, so it's not much of a problem lol.

DK 4 pres.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Without any of the silly chaingrabs (standing, walking), DK does fine against DDD. I've only played against one DDD who could do the infinite anyway, so it's not much of a problem lol.

DK 4 pres.
With Punch time Ganon is a fine character.

But why would we give him punch time lol.

Anyway I think Grim was joking about Eagle's mains being the reason he shouldn't be higher.....

Silfa

Smash Ace
wut.

What does that have to do with chaingrabs in the DDD vs DK matchup? If someone can't use the infinite, that means the DK will have an easier time. It's not a matter of choice like the ganon punch if you simply can't do the infinite.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I personally don't think Jamage is high enough on that list, but whatever.

yeah where is the huge gap:

1: Jamage

Everyone else.

What did you lol @ Grim Ant beat you and if he gets back into Brawl youll have no hope no matter which S Teir charachter you main and how gay you play :p

Also I dont think anyone agrees with your list Grim

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Exactly, Jamage's R.O.B. eats nubs for breakfast.

In fact, I was just wondering why R.O.B. is in the very middle of the tiers. Before I get into what I mean, allow me to first put out there that I have been playing for years, and I have watched MANY videos of the tournament masters.

My brother and I found out, through years of play, literally EVERY advanced technique in the game, except the Glide Toss, which we stumbled upon, but wrote off as simply hilarious. I was surprised to find that all the wacky observations we have encountered and adapted are actually defined in the glossary in the sticky topic above! Three of the particularly surprising terms that I could not believe had been widely known and utilized were the Glancing Blow (I just thought I had a glitchy game) and that effect where recovering at the right time from attacks that sent you flying results in an upward boost if you jump out/air dodge/whatever early enough (I cannot remember what it was called in the sticky), and the Glide Toss.

Now, I have been using R.O.B. against my brother lately, and he cannot seem to beat me. We think we know why, and we think it puts R.O.B. at the top of the tiers. I will be brief. R.O.B. has his air neutral. We call it 'The Spin.' It has that special hitbox like a sword, hence it goes right through anything except an attack with that same type of hitbox. It does 17% max, is relatively fast executing, has basically instant recovery on a barrier cancel, and is quite massive, killing at rather low percentages.

If he misses, he can just do his Ajab if the opponent tries to retaliate, or shield/roll. I am telling you, R.O.B.f is a crazy meat mountain who crushes bones with many attacks doing 15+%, survives to insane damages thanks to his weight, and has ridiculous horizontal recovery (Double Jump, Up B, Aerial, ANOTHER Up B, ARE YOU SERIOUS, aerial).

Next, check his roll. It goes like half screen. It makes him rather fast, nearly eliminating his speed problem on the ground, and a great character when it comes to the defensive game. It pretty much eliminates the need for his Glide Toss, which, with R.O.B., who needs to do most of his attacking from hops, is pretty much useless already unless you are looking to smash attack. DACUS'ing, however, in my opinion, is also a bad idea, because, in the time and damage it takes you to actually land a smash, you could have just used The Flip and killed you opponent by then.

Even though he has to fight mostly in the air, 3 of his 4 air attacks are pretty fast, and are quite massive. A major advantage he has is that nearly all his attacks move the opponent considerably, and can topple him from 0%, so his opponent gets little to no counterattack opportunity.

The only explanation I can find for why he is low on the tiers is that no one has used him seriously. I think he really keeps up, if not tops, the top tier characters.

I really do not like to simply shoot my mouth, and I am not one who thinks it right to shower a character in encomium, and never actually prove anything. Is there online for this somewhere, or is that simply wishful thinking? If not, please do not yell at me and stuff until you at least check out The Flip. Goes right through projectiles, goes right through attacks, goes right through faces. Please just give R.O.B. another shot and tell me what you thnk.

Final Comment: People have a tendency to think that posts from newcomers to a board but veterans of its respective game are saying they are better than everyone else, regardles of what the post actually says. Please note that I did not say 'I am better than you' or 'R.O.B. is better than Meta Knight.' I said, essentially: 'R.O.B. seems to be great. These are his strengths. He may top Meta Knight. Check him out and see if you agree.' I will say, however, that I am a full master of R.O.B.

Please give R.O.B. a second look before responding so you know where I am coming from!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I don't know, I disagree with that Grim. Sure R.O.B's nair is good but it's so easy to avoid. What character is your brother playing against you?
I found being aggressive against a nair-happy R.O.B will get you killed, after playing a few decent R.O.B's and learning the matchup I find it pretty easy now.

I can beat any Aussie R.O.B main by simply planking with Pit.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't think you were reading my post correctly.

As I mentioned, I am a full master of R.O.B., so I obviously know about the lack of range on his air neutral. R.O.B. has a very strong ranged game because of both his Gyro Down Special Spinner and his Laser. By using these tools correctly, R.O.B. can force the opponent to approach, at which point he knocks them back with a fresh air neutral.

My brother has been switching from character to character to try and beat my R.O.B., but he just cannot seem to beat me.

I believe my R.O.B. could beat your Pit in a gamble match.

Final Comment: Please note that I did not say 'I am better than you' or 'R.O.B. is better than Pit.' I said, essentially: 'R.O.B. seems to be great. These are his strengths. He may top Pit. Play against me and see if you agree.'

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sure Grim, challenge accepted. I don't think you know about Pit's ability to make 99% of the cast to approach. I also don't think you know much about Pit's aerials. But hey, maybe ask one of your top SA players if you could beat me in a gamble match.

I know for a fact that R.O.B is a good character but I also think his place on the tier list is just. Maybe I read your post incorrectly but what I did get from it is "My brother can't beat my R.O.B, he must be one of the best characters".

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

You STILL don't understand. I believe you are under-estimating my abilities as a full master of R.O.B.
My brother and I have been practicing the powerful barrier cancel, which, when combine with The Spin makes R.O.B. nearly unbeatable, even against Pit.

I am one of the top SA players, purely because of R.O.B.'s incredible offensive out-put. With many attacks that do 15+%, an amazing recovery, an impressive defensive and ranged game, not to mention... THE SPIN.

I am not saying that because I can beat my brother with R.O.B., he is one of the best characters. I really do not like to simply shoot my mouth, and I am not one who thinks it right to shower a character in encomium, and never actually prove anything. I'm just saying that you should not disagree with me until you at least check out The Flip. Goes right through projectiles, goes right through attacks, goes right through faces. Please just give R.O.B. another shot and tell me what you thnk.

Splice

Smash Hero
Grim you are right ROB is quite beast, but I fear that even you are overlooking ROBs "ace in the hole" : The Gyro.

Even M2K fears the powers of the Gyro, you simply cannot pick it up!

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Dedede vs. DK is very managable without infinites or small steps. 55:45 isn't out of the question.
And it's not that uncommon for neither of those to be in effect... like my region doesn't ban those but I don't infinite DKs/Marios because... it's dumb. And like I don't think Atomsk does either... or maybe I'm thinking of some other top Dedede.

Silfa's a champ. Also, I have time for R.O.B, but if you're saying stuff like MK invalidates DK then ZSS IIRC pretty much does the same thing to R.O.B with some infinite...

Splice

Smash Hero
Ganondorf is the most broken though because he has an infinte chase on reaction against over 80% of the cast.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ZSS doesn't instantly make ROB unviable with an infinite...

Fox beats ZSS, and he gets zero to deathed by down smash...

ROB has to get downsmashed by ZSS for the infinite to come into effect.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I realize that... I was just comparing the matchup to stuff like DK/Dedede/Toon Link/Peach vs. MK, who all have their viability severely hurt because of that matchup. And I think ZSS still has a solid advantage vs. R.O.B. even without the dsmash infinite, IIRC.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Dedede vs. DK is very managable without infinites or small steps. 55:45 isn't out of the question.
And it's not that uncommon for neither of those to be in effect... like my region doesn't ban those but I don't infinite DKs/Marios because... it's dumb. And like I don't think Atomsk does either... or maybe I'm thinking of some other top Dedede.

Silfa's a champ. Also, I have time for R.O.B, but if you're saying stuff like MK invalidates DK then ZSS IIRC pretty much does the same thing to R.O.B with some infinite...
Banning infinites is so dumb :awesome:

The slippery slope fallacy walks all over it.

And, call me crazy, but I thought it was obvious that the ROB post was a troll...
Pretty sure it is.
It was a troll >_>

I don't know how I could have made it any more obvious without putting :troll: at the end.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
It's not

You asked how you could of made your post a more obvious troll without putting :troll: at the end.
Putting :awesome: is slightly less obvious...

Edit:
-evil laugh-

Not wasting my 1000th post on that.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
What did you lol @ Grim Ant beat you and if he gets back into Brawl youll have no hope no matter which S Teir charachter you main and how gay you play :p
Ant beat me at the first Brawl tournament I had tried at since... well, forever. That is in no way an indication of skill, especially considering that I made a dumb suicide on the starter stage, which cost me the whole set.

I am 100% certain I would beat him next set we play.

Also I dont think anyone agrees with your list Grim
Nyah nyah, and other immature noises.
Apart from Apollo (sort-of), Nova (sort-of), Ghostbone, myself and W150. Sure.

Funny that the only people who disagree are the ones in B Tier :awesome:

Eagle

Smash Lord
The "sort of" ones coincidentally happen to be the best in the state. So if anyone had doubts about the list I'd want it to be them. In fact, Grim, it seems that the people that do agree with your list aren't panelists. And of those three panelists, 2 of them 'sort of' agree with you. Now, Josh was sure he was better than me but at the smashmeet I can't exactly say it was 'clear'. I beat his Olimar, he beat my DK, it was pretty even. Of course, this is just one given day, perhaps one of us was doing better/worse than usual. We even won and lost sets against eachother in the tourney! Granted, it was just a random only tournament. And **** Ghostbone.

Not really, Josh, I'm still giving you NTSC Brawl because I'm a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom