• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saki Amamiya! Beta Released! Download Now!

yes91

Smash Rookie
Classified, but Ill make a deal for a Klondike bar
Well...

While trying to test some edits of that nature (all effects on neutral b) I encountered a few problems, but really I think if I put some time into a better understanding of PSA I'll get it done and post detailed instructions, If you try your hand at it, note that you need to replace both effects/fighter/ef_toonlink and FitToonlink.pac's internal ef_toonlink in brawlbox.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
To make a new Subroutine, go to PSA, open up the .pac, click on Sub Routines, and click create new.
Put in your GFX and whatever, jot down the offset, save, and continue my next step.

yes91

Smash Rookie
Oh

Oh... I feel dumb, thats what I get for sitting around with an extremely old version without realizing it , thanks. (goes to work)

...well now, I'm stumped. I did add the effects, which got rid of the arrow effect, but showed nothing. I've tried External/Generic, all bones, copied GFX from special S subaction, and a bunch of different spatial offsets (XYZ). Any Ideas?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You DID point the GFX Subactions of the Arrow to the Subroutine you made via Tabuu right?
You may have to point another subaction to the GFX.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
for some reason, this actually looks like a quality character.... ill be watching this ;-) hopefully, by the time things are worked out, we can have some sfx without interefering with link (or whoever he goes over)

yes91

Smash Rookie
for some reason, this actually looks like a quality character.... ill be watching this ;-) hopefully, by the time things are worked out, we can have some sfx without interefering with link (or whoever he goes over)
SFX replacement is possible, for riivolution users. I use the file patch code for stability purposes, so I can't test it, but it does interfere, its a replacement. Just like the character, you can't have both at the same time, (it's Toon Link BTW, so personally I don't mind).

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I can easily make a code to change what soundbank a character uses, but I only know of character sound bank ids. (I've already found and made a list of them) If I knew the soundbank id of saki, I'd make you a code to swap TL's soundbank with saki's. :)

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
I can easily make a code to change what soundbank a character uses, but I only know of character sound bank ids. (I've already found and made a list of them) If I knew the soundbank id of saki, I'd make you a code to swap TL's soundbank with saki's. :)
I can find that out for you later tonight.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm not talking about sound EFFECT IDs. I'm talking about sound BANK IDs. Those can only be found using a usb gecko. The character sound BANK IDs are listed below. I just don't know the assist trophy sound BANK. :p

Code:
Mario - 1
Donkey - 6
Link - 2
Samus - 7
Yoshi - 8
Kirby - 9
Fox - A
Pikachu - B
Luigi - C
Captain - D
Ness - E
Koopa - F
Peach - 10
Zelda - 11
Sheik - 11
Popo - 12
Nana - 12
Marth - 13
Gamewatch - 14
Falco - 15
Ganon - 16
Wario - 17
Metaknight - 4
Pit - 3
SZerosuit - 7
Pikmin - 18
Lucas - 19
Diddy - 1A
Poketrainer - 1B
Pokelizardon - 1C
Pokezenigame - 1D
Pokefushigisou - 1E
Dedede - 5
Lucario - 1F
Ike - 20
Robot - 21
Pramai - FFFFFFFF
Purin - 22
Mewtwo - FFFFFFFF
Roy - FFFFFFFF
DR_Mario - FFFFFFFF
Toonlink - 23
Toonzelda - FFFFFFFF
Toonsheik - FFFFFFFF
Wolf - 24
Dixie - FFFFFFFF
Snake - 25
Sonic - 26
GKoopa - FFFFFFFF
Warioman - FFFFFFFF
Zakoboy - 28
Zakogirl - 28
Zakochild - 28
Zakoball - 28
MarioD - 1

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I got the bank part.
But they only can be found with a usb gecko?
I actually have one but I have no idea to use it to develop codes with.

What about in brawl box?

Those are listed under banks in assist trophies.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Huh. lol I didn't know that. I don't have that version of brawlbox, but could you check and see if the list of soundbank ids matches what that brawlbox says? If so, then 151 would be saki's sound bank.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Rikami, it turns out that I did have that version of brawlbox. I looked, and it turns out that that is not the soundbank id. I compared the character soundbank ids from brawlbox to the ones in my list and they do not match.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Rikami, it turns out that I did have that version of brawlbox. I looked, and it turns out that that is not the soundbank id. I compared the character soundbank ids from brawlbox to the ones in my list and they do not match.
Yeah I did that before posting that. Maybe somewhere else in the file you could figure out the IDs.

But TommoPuppy is probably right for the most part. The info we need might be in the REL files unfortunately.

Also, could you find Saki's sound bank by loading him in brawl and using the USB Gecko to see the ID?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Possibly, but the soundbanks aren't dynamic. :p There are quite a few more values, possibly more soundbanks, after the characters. I'll probably just try them out randomly lol.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Oh no rush at all man.
I've been very busy too actually.
Honestly I haven't done any work on Saki since I made this thread XD

Uh which files? The fighter pac? All sound information would be in smashbros_sound.brsar
Although I do know that if you open "ItmSakiParam.pac" in OpenSA2 you can view the individual SFX Hex ID's as seen here :

See I have the ID highlighted there?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
oh right. lol Well okay then, hopefully I can get time this week to work on this. Hopefully there'll be something showing what soundbank loads when an assist trophy comes out.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Maybe you should look at the SoundData section of the character in Tabuu. It may have a hand in what sound bank loads when the character does.

For ATs and items, Tabuu doesn't quite support them fully yet.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's the problemo :/
I hope it gets updated soon.
But OpenSA2 definitely should not bw forgotten. It helped me program Saki's hit boxes after all!

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Eternal Yoshi, do you have any experience with making Special attacks for moveset mods?

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Just some general help.
I really have no idea how to work with specials in PSA.
It seems so confusing with some moves having a crap load of commands.
I tried stealing moves from other characters but they seems to rely on many Sub Routines so that makes them uncompatable.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK. Let's start on one special at a time then.
You want him to shoot his gun like the Assist trophy form?
Which special do you want to put it over?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Maybe you should look at the SoundData section of the character in Tabuu. It may have a hand in what sound bank loads when the character does.

For ATs and items, Tabuu doesn't quite support them fully yet.
Looking at falcon in tabuu, the SoundData section does not tell what soundbank is used for any character. I really have no idea what the SoundData section is even for. O.o

I'll see if there's hopefully something that says it loads some soundbank when an assist trophy appears.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
PMed you, sir. What ideas do you have for the specials? I can't say I've played his games in detail.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Looking at falcon in tabuu, the SoundData section does not tell what soundbank is used for any character. I really have no idea what the SoundData section is even for. O.o

I'll see if there's hopefully something that says it loads some soundbank when an assist trophy appears.
Yeah toaster, I have no idea what sound banks are even for honestly :/
Because there are sections for individual sound effects for each character in smashbros_sounds.brsar.
Which ones are the real sounds?? Confusing?

PMed you, sir. What ideas do you have for the specials? I can't say I've played his games in detail.
Hey .Fade, thanks for responding!
Don't worry, I've got some solid ideas down. I just need help making them happen.
Let's start with the basics - Neutral B

For Saki's Neutral B I'd like him to fire his Cannon Sword (his gun)
It should shoot rapid fire as long as B is held down.
Saki's "bullet" file contains no 3D model for some reason, so I'm not sure how I can replace it over one of Toon Link's articles...
A compromise could be using Super Scope Shots.

Some other idea's I had was giving Saki the ability to aim in any direction when shooting.
This could be done in two ways:
1. similar to how shields work, they can be aimed with controller stick input.
2. similar to how Pit aims his Palutena Arrow (Left, Right, Up)

If neither of these are possible I would at least like to allow Saki to walk while shooting.
Both would need new animations, which I could do.

How does that sound? I have no idea how to program these at all in PSA :(

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The reason why I tried to get you to use Saki's ef.pac is so that you can put the bullet effects over the arrow and make the arrow model itself transparent while using the Arrow's hitboxes which you can adjust as well as the gravity.

The rapid fire shouldn't be too hard to do since it already has actions and subactions that change when B is held or let go.

You can make
SpecialNStart/SpecialAirNStart the draw animation,
SpecialNLoop/SpecialAirNLoop the rapid fire part, and
SpecialNEnd/SpecialAirNEnd the "put away his gun" animation.

The only catch would be the limit on how many bullets/arrows would be allowed on screen.

Tomorrow, I'll make a pic of an exapmle of the "bullets"

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
True! I forgot about that! I need to mess with it myself.
I'm just not sure I'll be able to call the correct effects to occur in the right place/time to make a bullet.
Yes91's screenshots looked kinda jumbled.

Yup, I'm way ahead of you on that. I've got the ground SpecialN's all set up.
I just don't know how to program them under "Specials" in PSA.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
With the way you have it, you don't need to do much to the specials section.

Just go to the Subactions and do your mods there.

For example, try to make him fire the Arrow in the subactions SpecialNLoop and SpecialAirNLoop.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Well it would still charge like if it was an arrow though.
So I would have to do a lot.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
As of now, no. But I feel like I need to change one thing and it will work.
I'm not sure though.
I may of messed up the haveN bone's ID in tabbu.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Read this post to completely Fix the Item Glitch
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11470976&postcount=4386
Another thing to note about this picture.

As well as changing the values that Pikazz showed, you need to change one last value to make holding of heavy items work correctly.

You see where 2D is in that picture relative to the other values?
That's where the ThrowN bone value would go.

Top Bottom