• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saki Amamiya! Beta Released! Download Now!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Rikami, I am so sorry that I forgot about this. I never was able to find the soundbank ID though.

Toonlink Soundbank change [Standardtoaster]
04AD8A84 000000XX

Since you have a usb gecko though, you can also go to 80AD8A84, right click -> poke, then poke the value until you hopefully find saki's. Remember, you have to deselect then reselect your character in order to reload the files and soundbank. I really hope you're still working on this. :p

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
I'm so sorry everyone.
The project has been on hold due to my school work.
Fortunately I'll be resuming very soon! As my winter break is approaching.
I look forward to wrapping up this release.

Getsuei-Moon

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for the release of this. Waited for Saki to be playable for awhile now.
Thanks for ending my wait Rikami<-----AwesomePerson!
^_^

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support!
What I really need help with is the specials :/

And Eternal Yoshi, if you see this I need some help with the item glitch fix.
I can't seem to find the correct values.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's what I've been looking at. I've been following those steps but I'm not finding the values anywhere.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Check there....

In Hex.

It's IN you JPG about 60 bytes after the offset Tabuu tells you.

Note: Tabuu doesn't give you the values in Hex.

The hex value for 70 is 46, so ContRoL+ F and look for the Hex value 00 00 00 46.

52 is 82, ToonLink's ThrowN value.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Ohhhhhh wow good eye!
So 70 is toonlink's RHaveN, and Saki's is 29
meaning I should switch 46 to 1D I guess.
Right?

I'll give it a shot soon.

(P.S. Eternal you are being way too helpful. You are definitely getting major props for this project, that's for sure!)

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
When you say you need help with specials, do you mean making them or actually coming up with a moveset?

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Making them.
I'm having large trouble understanding the mechanics of how specials are programmed and how people even make custom ones.
I've messed around with the special tabs in PSA but I can't get anything working.
I haven't been able to find a guide on making specials either!

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Please, for the love of god, reduce all damage and initial knockback by half. Saki's range and overpowered damage don't make him very balanced. Nerf the damage, keep the range. Oh, and can we get a battle video of him? :>

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Please, for the love of god, reduce all damage and initial knockback by half. Saki's range and overpowered damage don't make him very balanced. Nerf the damage, keep the range. Oh, and can we get a battle video of him? :>
Dude read the intro! I'm sick of people saying this every time they see the video
Obviously I'm going to tweak it. The last thing I want is an over power character like metaknight

I think I mentioned in a post that I'm making his sword similar to marth's except reversed.
The first half of his sword will do full damage and normal knockback. And the second half will do half damage with zero knockback.

Rikami, I hope that you can find what soundbank id saki uses. :p Also hope that my code and instructions on how to use wiird for it help. :)
Yeah! It seems confusing, I suck at using wiird :/
For now I'm gonna focus on getting his moveset down.
Thanks so much for your help too!
I'll be sure to credit you.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I think I mentioned in a post that I'm making his sword similar to marth's except reversed.
The first half of his sword will do full damage and normal knockback. And the second half will do half damage with zero knockback.
Except that doesn't really make any sense. The second attack will be completely useless because you've already knocked the character away.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Except that doesn't really make any sense. The second attack will be completely useless because you've already knocked the character away.
That's the point.
But if just the second part hits then there is no knockback. Thus somewhat nerfing his range. Trust me it's much better than making his sword shorter than it really is instead.

And thanks standard, I will.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
For the record, I did read the OP. I wasn't sure how you were planning on changing Saki's attacks, so I just said the one thing that bothered me the most.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Don't you worry, I completely agree with you.
I'll have a new vid up soon with some new attacks :) and the adjustments I mentioned.
I'll make a battle video like you said too.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Also, my bro has almost fixed our comp, so if you want I can make portraits and names for Saki sometime.
That and I'd rather you keep some knockback, and just reduce damage on the tip to 1%, and the latter half of the sword should deal 75% of the knockback and 50% of the damage that the first half would do.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I'm pretty good with that stuff already.
And I'll keep that in mind, I'm going to try a couple of different combinations to see what i like.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
When this is released, will it be compatible with Toon Link costumes, or would we HAVE to use Saki costumes for every slot?

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Yeah unfortunately.
Hopefully the clone engine can clear that problem up.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
I would reeeeally love that.
As it would make this hack so much more awesomer.

I have an idea that I could hex the separate sound files from Saki's assist trophy and put them over some of toon link's sounds.
In fact, I think that's the best way to go. Cause there's nooo way that different sound banks are compatible with each other.

So standardtoaster, got any experience with hexing sounds into brawl? I know there's a guide around somewhere... Let me find it.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Does Saki speak or make noises in the original Sin and Punishment? If you end up taking the sound import route instead of using the existing brawl soundbank, maybe you can use sounds from there?

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
That's a really good point Tommo.
Believe it or not guys this isn't the first time I've done hacks involving Sin and Punishment.

A couple of years ago I was working on a homage game for Sin and Punishment. A side scrolling shooter.
Anyway I did a lot of rom dumping from the original game.
I still have hundreds of textures for the original 64 game.
I tried effortlessly to rip sound effects from the game but couldn't.

All in all, I only got music.
The rom file for the game is actually compressed (in simple terms) so that it can be fit into the small cartridge limits.
So I had no way of obtaining the sound effects through the file.

The way I got the textures was through a file dumping program in project64 (the emulator)
If anyone knows any sound dumping methods for the 64 let me know.
Cause as of now, it's impossible.

EDIT:
Everyone watch this now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIfu0En8rs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, thanks for the idea haha.
I need to figure out how to put in damage lower than 1.
Like 0.5 damage.

I'm not sure about canceling, I think such a good move should come with large lag as a drawback.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Like 0.5 damage.

I'm not sure about canceling, I think such a good move should come with large lag as a drawback.
I havent been this hyped for any project cept this one! This looks awsome so far and good luck to you. Cant wait till we get to get our hands on a release!

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
It comes out too fast IMO. Looks weird for Saki to be that still after a fast start.

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
This is amazing :O I'm totally hyped.

(You should release a broken version as well... I use Brawl- and I really wanna use him XD)

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Like 0.5 damage.
I wasn't fishing for recognition, but if you did get the idea from me, I'm happy to have helped :)
For the damage, can you not just set it to a decimal? A friend of mine once made a mod for Lucario that made his pummel do less than one damage(I think it did 0.5). I don't recall him saying he did anything special to achieve this, but I didn't ask.
If you like I can ask him how he did it.

I agree entirely.

It comes out too fast IMO. Looks weird for Saki to be that still after a fast start.
Good eye. I thought it looked a little inappropriate when I first saw it, but I didn't take the time to think it through. I think you hit the nail on the head.

(You should release a broken version as well... I use Brawl- and I really wanna use him XD)
Balancing the character a second time for another gameplay mod will be a lot a work, I imagine. It might be fun to do, but I think it should wait until the character is fully balanced for vBrawl.

Cant wait till we get to get our hands on a release!
Expect one really soon.
:D

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
Balancing the character a second time for another gameplay mod will be a lot a work, I imagine. It might be fun to do, but I think it should wait until the character is fully balanced for vBrawl.

Oh, well yes, that's what I meant :3

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Thanks toddtj haha
Ummm I really don't know because last I checked fractions cannot be expressed in hex. Maybe I'm wrong?

I don't think his back air comes out too fast either.
The animation is from Pit so there should be nothing wrong with it.

And LordProsper I would love to do that! But I agree, I'd rather do it when I finish this up.
Just imagine, Saki's sword 50 times longer! Hahahahaha

And toddtj, maybe you can help me think of a new Up Air for Saki. Cause I'm not really happy with what I chose.

Top Bottom