• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai does not want Smash to be a competitive franchise

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
The purpose of the myelin sheath is to allow rapid and efficient transmission of impulses along the nerve cells. If the myelin is damaged, it can cause diseases like multiple sclerosis. MS causes you to have muscle spasms, lose vision, lose control to urinate, numbness, pain, paralysis, and fatigue.

What does that have to do with a crappy game like Brawl? Do you think he spasmed on the keyboard when sending important information to the coders?
oh come on, obviously he meant that Sakurai's brain works too slowly to make the proper connections to create a solid game.

He probably couldn't even understand Melee.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Heh, I would pay good money to see Sakurai start dashdancing, trip and then get run over by an angry Shyguy.

Though I do feel that extreme negative feelings towards this man are unwarented, i mean he DID create Melee.

Avalon262

Smash Cadet
I hate that man and everything he stands for. If he died tomorrow from tripping into a bus I would seriously laugh for the rest of the year.
Is that the way you talk to the person that gave you smash series and gave you 7 quality years of melee? I doubt you'll ever find another game that will keep you entertain that long.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Is that the way you talk to the person that gave you smash series and gave you 7 quality years of melee? I doubt you'll ever find another game that will keep you entertain that long.
lol im just kidding. but not really LMAO. Melee wasn't intended to be so amazing, and if he knew what we know now back then he would have delayed the game's release in order to remove everything that makes smash so great. I have no respect for him. He may have made melee, but he never wanted it to turn out the way it did and so he used brawl to get revenge on us. For this, he can go die (god I hope by tripping).

Aesir

Smash Master
Sakurai didn't make brawl, he was abducted by aliens then he was replaced with a mindless drone. It's all part of a conspiracy all who play and own brawl will be abducted on January 1st 2012 at 8:12 am and replaced with mindless drones.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh, I would pay good money to see Sakurai start dashdancing, trip and then get run over by an angry Shyguy.

Though I do feel that extreme negative feelings towards this man are unwarented, i mean he DID create Melee.
You have no respect for the man who made Kirby?

Shameful.
One, two or a few great acheivements does not automatically absolve you for a great wrong.

Especially not when that great wrong came after the great achievements. That said, not everyone dislikes Brawl. But I do.

Rash

Smash Ace
Not everyone dislikes Brawl? You're right. 98% of the people who've played it like it or love it. Then there's just the bitter 2% who believe Sakurai, a game designer of all things, wronged them personally.

RDK

Smash Hero
Not everyone dislikes Brawl? You're right. 98% of the people who've played it like it or love it. Then there's just the bitter 2% who believe Sakurai, a game designer of all things, wronged them personally.
99.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
97.8% of people don't have an ounce of logic

M.K

Level 55
One, two or a few great acheivements does not automatically absolve you for a great wrong.

Especially not when that great wrong came after the great achievements. That said, not everyone dislikes Brawl. But I do.
NO WAY!

/playful sarcasm

Anyways, who cares if it's supposed to be competitive? I like playing with my friends, and to me, that's all that really matters. Of course, people will come out and say "OMG Casual opinions don exits, no0b" but you know, I'm more of the general Brawl audience than the competitive scene could ever hope to be.
And with Brawl's not-so-competitive physics, the gap between competitives/casuals will grow even further.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Not everyone dislikes Brawl? You're right. 98% of the people that I know who've played it like it or love it. Then there's just the bitter 2% of the rest of the people that I know who believe Sakurai, a game designer of all things, wronged them personally.
Fixed /10chr

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
NO WAY!

/playful sarcasm

Anyways, who cares if it's supposed to be competitive? I like playing with my friends, and to me, that's all that really matters. Of course, people will come out and say "OMG Casual opinions don exits, no0b" but you know, I'm more of the general Brawl audience than the competitive scene could ever hope to be.
And with Brawl's not-so-competitive physics, the gap between competitives/casuals will grow even further.
Why do you care whether or not we care that it cannot be played well competitively? We like competitive gaming in general and competitive Smash in particular. We dislike the changes in Brawl. If you like them, good for you. I don't.

I care. The question is, why do you care?

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
lets see what happens... i mean people are still going to play the game and make it competitive..

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
A "necro" is where someone responds to a thread that is ancient (in this case, a thread with no activity since April 22), causing the thread to leap to the top of the active threads list... when it really isn't considered "active". Your response is also out of context.

GofG

Smash Champion
I would like you to clarify this statement. It would appear to me that you are saying that because Brawl does not have a competitive physics engine, the skill gap is wider (that is, the better player will win more often because the gap between being skilled and being unskilled is larger.)

Is this what you are actually saying? If it is, I can safely disregard anything you say.

edit: Oh wow, sorry. I didn't realize how old this thread was.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Let's do the time warp again!

In all seriousness, and also not to add to the already long list of things moderators have to take care of, there should be an infraction for bumping several month old threads just to do it >_>

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Let's do the time warp again!

In all seriousness, and also not to add to the already long list of things moderators have to take care of, there should be an infraction for bumping several month old threads just to do it >_>
Except for the fact that they clearly encourage searching for a topic before you post. Whoever decided to bump this... kudos to them... I guess... :confused:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Except for the fact that they clearly encourage searching for a topic before you post. Whoever decided to bump this... kudos to them... I guess... :confused:
I understand if they want to look at it for answers and such, but to bump it with a weak post isn't really necessary.

10necros

Top Bottom