• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saltus Combo (testers wanted) *please read thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
U guys forgot the DMG combo:

Any attack followed by running away.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
stop calling this an infinite! its a 37 to death >_< (on metaknight)

other than that its just a sheik footstool combo >_>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Does the attack have to hit the enemy?

sounds inescapable and broken to me
The attack actually is supposed to not hit the enemy, but barely, so the TO doesn't get mad and DQ you for stalling.

Because it's not stalling, it's camping.... with STYLE! :)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
*Back on topic please.

I currently have no one to test with. So don't look at me to test.
Thus I need others testing.
We start with Mario and work our way down.

I want to know if he can SDI out of the f-tilt and if you can land the Bair.

Thank you for your help.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dair-Footstool-Weak hit of Nair/Fair and depending on the character you would repeat it again, end it with Fsmash/Waft/whatever, or whatever.

They can SDI out of it, but after the footstool it's guaranteed/Drifting after the footstool won't get you far enough away from Wario.

Browny

Smash Hater

really?

I was always able to tech roll as MK before the bair hit with sheik. I only tested about 5 random chars (that arent tall) and it was the same in each case :/

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman

Yea I agree on him on this 1, it isnt a infitnite (infinites go up to around 200%) but yo can only use this as much til about 90% on MK, plus it starts at 37%

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ken Combo was in Melee...

And Fiction didn't deem it himself, he doesn't even like people calling it that.
Nah, Fiction named it himself, even made his own video... we made fun of him for it though, and no one uses it b/c it's too hard/impractical so you don't hear about it much.

I HAVE heard Gonzo/Kizzu combos. Still, naming things after yourself is pretty old.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I think Savior only named it after himself because people were starting to request it. Originally he named it something Latin for jump, it wasn't until the latest video did he change the name to savior.

saviorslegacy

I think Savior only named it after himself because people were starting to request it. Originally he named it something Latin for jump, it wasn't until the latest video did he change the name to savior.
*Tristan says the truth

I originally called it the Saltus Combo.

Saltus= Latin for jump
So it was called the jump combo.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
If brawl was impressive, it might actually be cool to name these gay 'AT''s after yourself. LOL.

And i'm not trolling the brawl vs melee issue, seriously, I only play Brawl competitively out of the two and still think Melee is more of a man's game.

Regardless, it might not even be true so naming might not even be an issue.

TKD

Smash Lord
You people do realize that footstools can be short-hopped, right? If you're full-hopping those footstools, of course they're not gonna work. I'd like better reasons for it not working, not just "they have time to perform their wake-up". Also, you can fast-fall while dropping. I bet some people are able to forget that as well.

saviorslegacy

You people do realize that footstools can be short-hopped, right? If you're full-hopping those footstools, of course they're not gonna work. I'd like better reasons for it not working, not just "they have time to perform their wake-up". Also, you can fast-fall while dropping. I bet some people are able to forget that as well.
*I can't Short hop for some reason. Do I need to use tap jump or what?

Pretty much that is it except for SDI (even though SDI has only been tested on SOME people so it may turn out that only a few can SDI out).

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
great discovery, i tried it out some...can be difficult and i wouldn't rely on it but it does have a lot of potential i think

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
true, its just that theres so many options after ftilt i wouldn't do that everytime unless u have a good setup for it and ur against a char its easy to do on

Browny

Smash Hater
OK time to be blunt

Is there any proof whatsoever that sheik can ever land a bair after an FSJ. All the proof so far tells me that there is ample time to tech, with every character, before the bair hits.

I suspect ROB's unique FSJ animation might do something here

saviorslegacy

OK time to be blunt

Is there any proof whatsoever that sheik can ever land a bair after an FSJ. All the proof so far tells me that there is ample time to tech, with every character, before the bair hits.
I was told that you could short hop a footstool. If I knew how I could take almost everyone from the lowest that this works and kill them.

As for how it sets.....
It does work on some people. You just told me a way to test teching and I'm going to test that tomorow.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I was told that you could short hop a footstool. If I knew how I could take almost everyone from the lowest that this works and kill them.

As for how it sets.....
It does work on some people. You just told me a way to test teching and I'm going to test that tomorow.

They were already short hop footstool, just hold the jump really long for a full jump one ..'

saviorslegacy

They were already short hop footstool, just hold the jump really long for a full jump one ..'
Look at how low Sheik is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3je-k53-DU&feature=channel_page

:EDIT:
innocentroads PM'd me back at YouTube. He said that this works on the following characters:

R.O.B.

Olimar

Samus

Mr. Game & Watch

Wario

Jigglypuff

There might be more. Those are just the ones that he confirmed.

I have gotten better at footstool and I can now footstool a Jiggy at 8%. So I have updated all who this combo works on and up to Yoshi.
I don't see the percentage going down because I am doing it pretty darn fast now.

sooo... *updated*

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Oh wow he pm you back, well if innocentroads says it works then you can bet your ninja pride it WORKS.

..You know if I had to make a list of charters I would want this to work on Gay and watch, and olimar would be pretty **** near the top. Heck I would go as far as I would put olimar 2nd right below meta knight. I think I'm going to try to learn this now.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Look at how low Sheik is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3je-k53-DU&feature=channel_page

innocentroads PM'd me back at YouTube. He said that this works on the following characters:

R.O.B.

Olimar

Samus

Mr. Game & Watch

Wario

Jigglypuff

There might be more. Those are just the ones that he confirmed.

I have gotten better at footstool and I can now footstool a Jiggy at 8%. So I have updated all who this combo works on and up to Yoshi.
I don't see the percentage going down because I am doing it pretty darn fast now.

sooo... *updated*
Oh wow, doesn't this seem familiar? Oh yeah.
Confirmed to work on ROB, Samus, Olimar, Jigglypuff, Wario, and Mr. Game & Watch.
Because I said it five days ago.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Doesnt (S)DI screw this over badly :/

And when you performed the savior combo on marth in your vid, you didnt catch him in his bounce, meaning you didnt force a standup, and that he had time to roll away or get up/get up attack etc (?).

Please elaborate.

saviorslegacy

Doesnt (S)DI screw this over badly :/

And when you performed the savior combo on marth in your vid, you didnt catch him in his bounce, meaning you didnt force a standup, and that he had time to roll away or get up/get up attack etc (?).

Please elaborate.
It is true that this does not work on every character.
This is what innocentroads told me.

Footstool combo's are very character dependent. The reason why is that you don't jump as high with some people and others have a longer belly flop animation.

It is just finding who this works on. Right now it works on six people.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
I tried out this combo. And after a lil practice I switched the sour spotted bair for a sourspotted nair and it seemed to work just as well. I actually found it a lil easier to connect and time. Keep in mind I am not a shiek player. IDK if nair is inescapable or a confirmed combo like bair. All I know is it worked in practice mode. I think it disserves some testing or looking into....

saviorslegacy

I tried out this combo. And after a lil practice I switched the sour spotted bair for a sourspotted nair and it seemed to work just as well. I actually found it a lil easier to connect and time. Keep in mind I am not a shiek player. IDK if nair is inescapable or a confirmed combo like bair. All I know is it worked in practice mode. I think it disserves some testing or looking into....
Meh that works but the reason why you don't do that is this: "It is easier to hit left/right on the c-stick + hard down than to hit A and then hit down on the analog." It just saves you a couple of frames to perform Bair instead of Nair.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
This combo looks pretty interesting. I can't see it working on everyone, but I'd be happy if it worked on only one or two characters. I'll have to try using Sheik again sometime soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom