• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saltus Combo (testers wanted) *please read thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
No special thanks to me? lol and just doing the footstool is hard XD for me at least and thanks for putting up Snake
ah crap I forgot someone! :urg: Sorry.. I'll list you through annotations.

:EDIT: done
look at it this way.. your name is on screen the longest

:EDIT:
To dr. mario guy:

owell... at least will still have the Savior Combo.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Sounds like there's too many variables to consistantly do this in tournaments. I'll probably save this for killing noobs or when I'm so far down that I've got nothing to lose by trying it.

Sword, where did you post it? I'm not doubting you did, I'm a bit surprised they reacted differently to me posting it that you lol.
I believe post #201 was his first one in this thread.

saviorslegacy

Sounds like there's too many variables to consistantly do this in tournaments. I'll probably save this for killing noobs or when I'm so far down that I've got nothing to lose by trying it.

I believe post #201 was his first one in this thread.
This still needs more testing. We cannot rule it out so quickly.
dr. through in his input and everyone was like. That is untested fact right there.... but the accepted it as fact.

This combo is not disclosed yet.

I still haven't heard from anyone saying they tested it and it does not work.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We play Wario, we've had every sort of foot stool combo attempted on us imaginable, and they're all avoidable or at least can be cut so short (as Wario), that their damage is insignificant.

I'd also like to point out that Wario has something similar (look up Fiction Combo on youtube), but it's so impractical and/or avoidable that no one uses it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I still say some people are hyping this up way more than it should be.

saviorslegacy

We play Wario, we've had every sort of foot stool combo attempted on us imaginable, and they're all avoidable or at least can be cut so short (as Wario), that their damage is insignificant.

I'd also like to point out that Wario has something similar (look up Fiction Combo on youtube), but it's so impractical and/or avoidable that no one uses it.
That fiction combo looks harder than it's worth.

#1 They are covering to much distance. Thus you can DI really well.

#2 That was a heavy and it looked like he was having trouble keeping him contained.

#3 DI down from the Dair.

Magus420

Smash Master
Have the people mentioning SDI on the f-tilt actually tried SDIing it? IIRC it's one of those attacks that SDI moves you an almost insignificant distance instead of the normal amount. All but the final hit of Zelda's u-smash has this as well, and instead of moving about a body width for each SDI you move like 1/10 that distance or less. SDIing every single frame of Sheik's d-tilt for example with the help of the frame advance code can move you like 1/2 the length of FD, while doing that on the f-tilt's hitlag gets you almost nowhere at all.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The issue is SDIing the bair, but I don't have much experience in SDIing while in the "fallen" state on the ground.

Staco

Smash Champion
This combo makes planking much more legitime for MK players. ;)

Oh, and maybe there is a combo for iviyasur.
If he automatically just stands up simply repeat ftilt footstool again and again.

I dont know if this is gamebreaking, but Pikas new super CG didnt gave him much more advantage atm.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SDIing the Ftilt, DI on the footstool, and SDI on the Bair. Not to mention that if you footstool them too close to the ground, it doesn't work.

Timbers

check me out
I..

I don't know what to say.

People are still hyping this even after it's been watered down to a funny looking 10% combo+techchase?

Magus420

Smash Master
The issue is SDIing the bair, but I don't have much experience in SDIing while in the "fallen" state on the ground.
Yeah I know, but I was referring to:

You do realize how far SDI brings you if you manage to bring 2 inputs in1 ftilt you wont be anywhere close enough to do it

Whatsover, with 2 SDI i can land behind you, making you impossible to ftilt in the right direction.

The ftilt you just SDI up and away and then you have time to do a uptilt with mk before you reach him.
SDI the bair behind or farther away, or SDI the ftilt.

go try it yourself its not even hard to time.
If he SDIs the ftilt, your done for.
Another thing to note is that it is hard for her to truly footstool someone out of Ftilt if they are not fairly close to her. If someone SDI's Up and Away from her, there's a fair chance she does not have enough time to get there and footstool. If someone was being super tricky, they could SDI downwards, forcing you to Ftilt them again (otherwise they would usually be too low for you to footstool them and connect with the Bair) where they can SDI Down Away or even mix it up and SDI Up and Towards or hard Away.
EDIT: one more
SDIing the Ftilt

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah... SDIing the ftilt won't help much... it's why the move is so good for locking. DI on the footstool and SDI on the bairs is huge though.

saviorslegacy

I have just now tested like everything you can possibly think of on MK and here are my results.

f-tilt to footstool is legit. No questions asked this is a true combo.

The ONLY part that can be escaped is at the end. He can roll.

This combo's weakness is its end (on some characters). Now some characters flop longer than others and they can be combo'd.
All we need to do is figure out how to shorten the jump or how to make them stay on the ground longer. As soon as that is found this combo will be 100% legit on almost the whole cast.

Until then this will remain as a grim reaper to some match ups.

*note* The Bair forces a get up so if you do get knocked far away you have to suffer the flopping animation + the normal get up. So they will get the next f-tilt and fire you in the reverse direction.

.AC.

Smash Lord
well canyou use that combo and ended with some needles and a grab release in to dacus?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's.... not what I meant.

The traditional footstool combo is
ftilt *footstool* > weak bair > needle storm > needle (forces standing wakeup) > ender
but the needle to force a standing wakeup doesn't work on Meta Knight.

saviorslegacy

Wait wait wait... did you say that it doesn't work on MK? Then who does it work on?

I know of a second footstool that involves Needles and it's only flaw that I can see so far is where the needle doesn't force a get up.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It makes Meta Knight immediately reset to standing, so it pretty much ends the combo right there.

It only works on a few characters, but I can't be bothered to test them all.

saviorslegacy

It makes Meta Knight immediately reset to standing, so it pretty much ends the combo right there.

It only works on a few characters, but I can't be bothered to test them all.
Well we have two footstool combo's going for us now then. They are just character dependant.
I wonder who the unlucky devils are?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Confirmed to work on ROB, Samus, Olimar, Jigglypuff, Wario, and Mr. Game & Watch.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Or Brawl+? I refuse to run away from bad matchups and other stuffs. Some people just have to learn how to play the game and not heavily rely on silly gimmicks. That is all I am saying. I don't make a lot of sense because I suck at explaining things. lol
lol. fair enough.
Aro:
all of the smashes have silly infinites... I don't understand what you mean...

Heartz:
This is what happens with the evolution of any compedetive game. Once you get to a high level of play there isn't "cheap" any more. It's just a winning stratagey.
I was refering to the reliance on cheapness. I really don't feel like melee required you to be "cheap" to the extent that brawl does (you REALLY got to put in work for melee even on "cheap" characters).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think this footstool combo thingy takes more work than Fox's waveshine.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
Well i cant do it from Ftilt as hard as i try i can barely land footstool when some one in the air any suggestion how to get better or well prates this combo? Also at best i see this becoming more of a win condition and not so much an ice claimers infinite 0% to kill in most competed games.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
Nice info as usual. I have a question, should I stop using your Swan Combo on my friends? I tested it on two of my friends and they kept saying "THATS SO CHEAP!!!!!"

saviorslegacy

HA HA!!! This combo isn't dead yet!

May I apologize for being a n00b and being unable to do my own combo correctly.(being a smart ellic)
There seems to be a way to perform this combo correctly. It is just so new that it is pretty hard. Some say that they can't even footstool. Now that I have tested MK so much I can footstool him almost every single time in a relaxed state.
Now onto why I am posting.
On the following video I want you to look at how long the 2 characters below spend time on the ground compared to the others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUhS8RQrOU4

Ness at 0:52

Pit 1:54

Did you notice how little time they spent on the ground? Some how I was able to do it faster than the other times. Maybe some form of DI on your jump will keep you from going up as far allowing you to do a TRUE combo.

Well what do you think?

To Jski:
The best thing to do is to look at my list and choose someone with a difficulty rating of 1/5 or 2/5. Then go to training mode and set their damage to what I have the earliest time they can be combo'd.
Then just try and try again. When they get to have to much damage just press start to refresh it.

To Kirkon:
ty
The Swan Combo isn't perfect. Thus it can be escaped (which is why I don't do a lot of Swan sets and why I don't all of the time). Sheik's combo's usually aren't combo's, they are strings. Thus you need to do a lot of mixing up so your opponent doesn't catch on.
So tell them to learn how to DI or get stuck in the combo.
(when the Swan is performed correctly only smash DI can save you)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think the height you get from a footstool depends on how long you hold the jump button.

I'm still dissatisfied with your execution.

saviorslegacy

I think the height you get from a footstool depends on how long you hold the jump button.

I'm still dissatisfied with your execution.
execution? in what way?

Well this is a baby combo and it still needs lots of work.
I wonder what we will have in a month.

:EDIT:
If you hit down or up on the analog when you footstool you get a HUGE vertical boost.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
To Kirkon:
ty
The Swan Combo isn't perfect. Thus it can be escaped (which is why I don't do a lot of Swan sets and why I don't all of the time). Sheik's combo's usually aren't combo's, they are strings. Thus you need to do a lot of mixing up so your opponent doesn't catch on.
So tell them to learn how to DI or get stuck in the combo.
(when the Swan is performed correctly only smash DI can save you)
They aren't willing to learn DI.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
My thoughts exactly, its not "cheap", and I shouldnt have to "fight with honor" just bcuz they cant counter something.

Back on topic: I think MetaKnight better watch out, cuz a new infinite's coming to town!(okay, that was lame)

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
My thoughts exactly, its not "cheap", and I shouldnt have to "fight with honor" just bcuz they cant counter something.

Back on topic: I think MetaKnight better watch out, cuz a new infinite's coming to town!(okay, that was lame)
No reason not to though.
It makes the game funner if you play at their level IMO.

Besides, if its escapeable, its not a good idea of getting in the habbit of abusing it anyway.
Just because they can't, doesnt mean others won't.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Did you test it against Peach correctly? Becase her Nair comes out faster.

Staco

Smash Champion
If the combo really works it wont be gamebreaking. Just bann FD vs. Shiek and bye bye Combo. Platforms + DI to it arent your friend. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom