• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saltus Combo (testers wanted) *please read thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sethlon used to try to set this up on me every other time he'd grab and he could never get it as long as I'd DI or techroll.

Gindler

Smash Champion
yeah. I bested xYz's meta :)
once...

adam and tom wouldn't let me play him more.
I'm begining to understand the openings more
Ha, nice. Can't see why they wouldn't let you play him more, do it to my characters today if you go to the smashfest I wanna try and escape (not a real match just a test :laugh:)

Aro:
all of the smashes have silly infinites... I don't understand what you mean...

Heartz:
This is what happens with the evolution of any compedetive game. Once you get to a high level of play there isn't "cheap" any more. It's just a winning stratagey.
They all do, 64 everyone had stupid zero-to-deaths. Melee had alot of ridiculous things too. I can even remember shiek having some ridiculous 70% combo involving needles a few months back in brawl but no one uses it for some reason (something like this might have a future for maybe)

PS: 28 viewing the sheik boards? talk about a record, not even snake boards had that much right after ally won APEX

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Here is the full video for the combo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsnl1Bg1uZs

Yes I was a douche and named it after myself. It does make sense though since it does kinda save Sheik (even though she was good without this).
Now some of what is in there can be escaped. I just didn't take the time to go back and record more. Those were mostly vids of my practice sessions this morning on a... nobody is home controller.
However, there is a proper way to perform this combo on most characters.
(One of the things that makes this combo a hard is that it varies from character to character.)
You will notice my bro trying to DI Popo and how far he goes. You will also notice how bad Sonic gets *****.
It varies (this is why I have a difficulty rating.)

what each person did in Special thanks:

Tristan_Win:
Helped me out many times and has been very supportive and cool.
In all honest.... I would have never of found this combo if it weren't for him.

<3
Same as Tristan.
He has been very supportive and has helped me out a lot.

Ankoku:
His opinion is always listened to and he helped me get on track.

stealth:
He is the one who mentioned having a footstool as an infinite.

Mirage of Chaos:
Not exactly a user. It is the name of my clan and I had to put them in there for their year of support.

Well.... opinions?

:EDIT:
FREAKIN COPY RIGHT! -_-
Owell, give me thirty minutes and I'll have another one up.

:EDIT:
The new one is up now.

saviorslegacy

It was recently pointed out to me that I said "This is not 100% legit." What I meant to say was.
This combo is not 100% legit on every character ATM. "It needs more testing." I know for a fact that it can combo some people just because they continue bouncing and they are not just laying there (which would rule out the buffering idea).
As for everyone else "needs more testing". So yeah, I was not stating that this does not combo. I was stating that it is unknown.

swordgard

Smash Hero
At least dont call it infinite, cause this is far from being infinite. Go and try at 100+% wont work, i swear.

Also, my point remain, this is escapable. the ftilt brings him closer to you, but you have a very small margin for the footstool. If he SDIs the ftilt, your done for.

Btw, im not talking about regular DI but SDI here, which i doubt your bro did.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ESCAPABLE!!!

Lol this is very clever, but it has some flaws in it.

There's a certain threshold for Shiek where if she footstools too low to the ground, she cannot reach the opponent and hit them with a falling bair because they will have enough time to react to it and avoid it by rolling, standing up, or get up attack. So, by that virtue, most characters off the bat that you try this on will fail unless they are at a higher % simply because she will footstool them too low to the ground.

Another thing to note is that it is hard for her to truly footstool someone out of Ftilt if they are not fairly close to her. If someone SDI's Up and Away from her, there's a fair chance she does not have enough time to get there and footstool. If someone was being super tricky, they could SDI downwards, forcing you to Ftilt them again (otherwise they would usually be too low for you to footstool them and connect with the Bair) where they can SDI Down Away or even mix it up and SDI Up and Towards or hard Away.

Something this also doesn't account for is the ability to DI after footstools. Not only does this mean that characters can DI and SDI themselves towards the edge, where this would stop working, but it also means that it turns this combo into a guessing game. For example, if Shiek is facing to the right, footstools, and the opponent DI's Right, she has to move with her opponent almost immediately or else she will not be able to land the Bair. If she thinks the opponent will go to the right and instead goes to the left, she will most likely miss there too.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
ESCAPABLE!!!

There's a certain threshold for Shiek where if she footstools too low to the ground, she cannot reach the opponent and hit them with a falling bair because they will have enough time to react to it and avoid it by rolling, standing up, or get up attack. So, by that virtue, most characters off the bat that you try this on will fail unless they are at a higher % simply because she will footstool them too low to the ground.

Another thing to note is that it is hard for her to truly footstool someone out of Ftilt if they are not fairly close to her. If someone SDI's Up and Away from her, there's a fair chance she does not have enough time to get there and footstool. If someone was being super tricky, they could SDI downwards, forcing you to Ftilt them again (otherwise they would usually be too low for you to footstool them and connect with the Bair) where they can SDI Down Away or even mix it up and SDI Up and Towards or hard Away.

Something this also doesn't account for is the ability to DI after footstools. Not only does this mean that characters can DI and SDI themselves towards the edge, where this would stop working, but it also means that it turns this combo into a guessing game. For example, if Shiek is facing to the right, footstools, and the opponent DI's Right, she has to move with her opponent almost immediately or else she will not be able to land the Bair. If she thinks the opponent will go to the right and instead goes to the left, she will most likely miss there too.

nuhh uh :(

saviorslegacy

ESCAPABLE!!!

In that case at the very least we have a tech chase.

This has the same concept as f-tilt lock and I don't see people DIing out of that left and right.

One problem.
I am not doing the combo to where they go left, left, left, left and then reach the ledge. I am doing a right, left, right, left, right. So yeah they might be able to eventually get there but by that time the Sheik would have caught on and used another combo (I found that the Swan works good here).

swordgard

Smash Hero
ESCAPABLE!!!

I love how its been 4 pages ago that i said this 20 times, but noone listens to me. Then you come in saying the exact same thing and people go aw :(.

I need to be more known on swf.

swordgard

Smash Hero

This has the same concept as f-tilt lock and I don't see people DIing out of that left and right.

One problem.
I am not doing the combo to where they go left, left, left, left and then reach the ledge. I am doing a right, left, right, left, right. So yeah they might be able to eventually get there but by that time the Sheik would have caught on and used another combo (I found that the Swan works good here).
No, the problem is youl be too far for the ftilt, or you wont get the footstool, no tech chase allowed, it just stops the whole thing.

saviorslegacy

No, the problem is youl be too far for the ftilt, or you wont get the footstool, no tech chase allowed, it just stops the whole thing.
If they want to DI sharp down into my f-tilt then that's fine with me. You might be able to make it hard for someone to do this but I doubt you can stop the footstool altogether.

*they land, they roll, you follow
*they land, they stand up, you Bair anyways
*they land, they roll to where you can't reach them, you Needle

If this isn't a combo then it is extremely hard to escape and it gives you finishing options.

A threat none the less.

That said we have not completely ruled out that it isn't a true combo.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
ok if this combo doesn't infinite. i found a way to gimp em . if they are on the edge. have your opponent be at the percentage where they can get footstooled. its just ftilt footstool and gimp.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

One problem.
That's just one part of the guessing game. They can DI either direction, your reaction window is fairly small and if you guess wrong they get out of it.

A tech chase is one thing, but it's far from a guaranteed 100% inescapable infinite.

Also something I wanted to point out, in case you do footstool and guess right and are able to Bair them, I'm pretty sure if you time the Bair right it forces them to do a stand up. If it does, then wait for them to be forced to stand up and then do the Ftilt from there or charge an Usmash and wait for them to stand up into it.

Edit:
ok if this combo doesn't infinite. i found a way to gimp em . if they are on the edge. have your opponent be at the percentage where they can get footstooled. its just ftilt footstool and gimp.
They can DI it back onto the stage. Might not always be the best choice, but it does stop a gimp from occurring.

Sword, where did you post it? I'm not doubting you did, I'm a bit surprised they reacted differently to me posting it that you lol.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
How is this an infinite if you can get out of it or it simply stops working after 100%?

I do not believe that that is the definition of an infinite. Try combo or something for the name. :p

Edit: and it also doesnt work against a lot of people. Looks to be only really useful vs mk.

saviorslegacy

How is this an infinite if you can get out of it or it simply stops working after 100%?

I do not believe that that is the definition of an infinite. Try combo or something for the name. :p

Edit: and it also doesnt work against a lot of people. Looks to be only really useful vs mk.
It is 1 day old. I just said infinite in another thread and when I made my two posts early last night I said the same thing. Then again... ZSS's is also not an infinite.

Basically this is a low percent to death combo.

To Jeremiah:
Very good idea. We might also be able to follow up with a Bair stage spike.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol.

This is a "If my opponent messes up/is unaware of this, it will work" combo.

The Bair stage spike doesn't work, they can DI the footstool onto the stage.

I understand you guys are excited about getting something strong against MK and the rest of the cast, but this just doesn't work if your opponent is aware of it.

This is like the super old Shiek Grab release to footstool combo on Wario that was believed to be an infinite until we pointed out things like being able to DI the footstool or at the very worst SDI the needles towards the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom