• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus bottom tier?

Piemaster37

Smash Rookie
so im just wondering what are the things that make her bottom.
i know she has poor recovery and her grab is extremely punishable.
but i know she has some tools like her DA arial combo along with her spike and seemingly high priority with some moves. and that pesky BA arial kick thingy.
If someone could help me out with maybe more of her weaknesses that i dont know about that would be great!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
me too. there's a reason i call her my babygirl. and then get stared at when i say that.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
...samus is a guy, you know?

samus basically has to put in a lot more work/reads than other characters cuz she can't combo as efficiently as others, and also has a somewhat one-dimensional neutral game

charge ball is godlike though

Piemaster37

Smash Rookie
thanks guys! my samus friend can handle me and i play kirby which i thought was a 6-4 in kirbys favor. but it does seem like she has a lot of tools to keep him out until im just doing something wrong.

B Link

Smash Lord
- can barely combo
- can barely pressure
- gets ***** by pretty much every match-up (with the small exception of Link and Luigi perhaps)

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Samus is good, don't listen to these guys. They mad cuz they ain't doing it right. :)

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Samus has a decent advantage against Kirby/Jigglypuff in a certain aspect: her fair actually pushes them away (obviously not good for combos, but the point is to keep them out if they're overly aggressive). Yoshi goes straight through it with his super armor DJC though, so don't try.

Piemaster37

Smash Rookie
- can barely comboi

i get that they arent long or anything but if she is using all of her defensive tools on a character and at least knocks them up to around 50%, if she gets an air DA that could be it, especially on a character like kirby which would make me re think the match up

Yobolight

Smash Lord
air down-A = down aerial = d-air

10whyamievenresponding
Wow, I never knew that dair was an amalgamation of down and aerial.

I always thought it was a cool word for a non-special offensive move that required you to aim down.

I assume that bair is an amalgam of back and aerial too?

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Down Air - Dair
You seems to be new.

EDIT : Defenitely I didn't saw the second page lol

Yobolight

Smash Lord
true

i guess every single newbie coming in here singing ness's praises is also then my fault

I mean it wasn't exactly your fault I was lurking heavily around the Brawl and Melee boards for 4-5 years before I really started playing 64 smash and made an account. I just never made the connection between the b and back, and the air and aerial.

Actually, its your fault.

B Link

Smash Lord
I mean it wasn't exactly your fault I was lurking heavily around the Brawl and Melee boards for 4-5 years before I really started playing 64 smash and made an account. I just never made the connection between the b and back, and the air and aerial.

Actually, its your fault.
There's also uair, fair, air air, upb-air, downb-air, just in case you didn't know :)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
“There are ants on your feet. Please don’t continue in that direction, as you might step on them.”

Frogles

Smash Ace
haha best roadblock ever. that game was gold the entire way through. i wish i could play through it for the first time again.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I do feel like aside from a couple of matchups that Samus is superior to Luigi overall.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
New age retro hippie used ruler! Now he can figure out the length of things easily!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
New age retro hippie used ruler! Now he can figure out the length of things easily!
Best enemy in any series possibly
(Along with the Negative Man boss)

To add to what was said before. I find it kinda funny that Luigi and Samus are equally bad but Luigi wins vs. Samus pretty easily.

Can't think of too many matchups where Samus is truly worse.

Top Bottom