• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus/Zamus online WiFi Fun Tournament , April 5/6th. Registation closed!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
ill play in this!
you guys might want to update the first post with the new date this tourny gonna be held.
also what time of day is it going to be?

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I think best date in terms of accommodating every one would by April 4 or April 11 both are Fridays about a month after game comes out. Sometime in evening possible around 6 for a start time or later Thoughts?

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Sounds good man 6 is perfect if your worried about playing too late we can do it the 4th and 5th and split it if that works for people.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Few notes main page you forgot to added new date of tourney if you did decided on April 4/5 starting at 6 also with the news about ZSS thoughts on smash balls? Can't wait to play everyone.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
So far I believe ZSS can't be started as. Considering her FS. She transforms back into Samus. So it's a cycle. The issue of someone being good with Samus but bad with ZS is the problem. If thats the case we might have to turn of Smash Balls.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Oh never mind. Didn't go on smashboards for a while. Well since you can, I guess we might have to turn them off because people chose her in the first place instead of using Samus. What about your thoughts?

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
I will join the tournament, however i may not make it if i have to go to work on that friday. My playing level with sammus is the lowest possible one because i never use her, also i think it would be wiser for the tournament to be held on saturday or sunday because most people are busy during weekdays.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Oh never mind. Didn't go on smashboards for a while. Well since you can, I guess we might have to turn them off because people chose her in the first place instead of using Samus. What about your thoughts?
I agree with you that they should be turned of I think rules of 4 stock no items works the best match is determined strictly on skill.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i guess i have "medium" skill...i would prefer no smash ball but i'll play no matter what

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hugs, I'm taking you down :).

Bailey

Smash Hero
1 comment about the who thing.

You can't really have rankings for a game that isn't out yet. People who are pro in this game (ie; Hugs, PC, M2K) aren't already pros in the next game so all rankings on the first page are void.

After about 5 months then rankings start because the game has been around for a little while. Everyone right now is at the same skill level. Scrub lolz

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
I know , we're just listings the Melee rankings not for brawl. For brawl, yeah everyone's gonna suck when it's first out. But hopefully after a month some players can get to a decent level or at least a competitive level , without any adv. techs.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I know we are listing melee rankings but this is important. Part of the reason Hugs, M2K, Ken were so good at melee is because they were able to adapt and learn game faster then others. When brawl initially comes out people who adapted faster in melee will most likely do the same with brawl. I know there will be exception and someone not that good at melee can be good at brawl and vice versa it will take getting used to game. As Gimpyfish62 said in his interview about brawl and I paraphrase brawl is a different game things like spacing I will have to get used but general play style I fell I have a good grasp for.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Rohins told me about this, sounds fun. By then we'll hopefully have a better understanding of how stage selection works, and potential lag issues.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Wow phanna nice sig o.o.

Yeah , so far in all the video's I've watched I haven't seen any lag. I haven't seen much vid's but so far no lag at all. So far we know we have Battlefield , FD , Smashville and Lylat Cruise for stages. We will figure out more by the time the tourney comes. I'm sure of that.

Yeah Dobs. That's true too. Phanna , Hug's they'll probably pick up the mechanics pretty quick. But that really doesn't matter. The point is just to play a tourney and have some fun right? The rankings aren't really related. You can say you're a pro for all we care and still play.

I'll get Atire to update. Sorry for the slow updates. His comp broke down, but he's going on to his Wiinternet to update. Thanks everyone for registy. Phanna, Hugs , Hylian you're all going to be spread out in the match up's lol.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I was justifying why we were asked to put rankings in response to someone else post to me I look forward to playing people no matter what skill because I enjoy playing game for fun if player is better then me I hope to learn something and am always looking to improve my play and if I am better I hope to be able to teach something to other player. I love the smash community.

I was wondering if I could help out with being I charge of this currently I am working on spreading the word about this. I told Rohins about it and in turn he told Phanna I also told Aftermath about it and he said he may join. I will continue to promote event and look forward to playing everyone.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah same here Dobs. Yeah you can help out. BIG THANKS for the help in advertising. You seem to be really involved in this topic. I added you on aim. I'm shad0wx1o1. Send me an IM when you have the time. We'll talk more.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for double post. UPDATED LIST.

SMASH BALLS ARE OFF AS OF NOW SORRY FOR THOSE WHO WANTED THEM.

RESERVE LIST
1.Hugs : Pro/Master-rank ( Best Samus in U.S )
2.Zeon : Semi-pro-rank
3.Mayo : Semi-pro-rank
4.Cubaisdeath : ( unknown )
5.Matt : Medium-rank
6.Jez : Noobish-rank
7.Fritz : Semi-pro-rank
8.Rtm : Medium-rank
UPDATE
9.WaterTails : Medium-rank
10. Hylian : Pro/Semi-pro-rank ( I think )
11.Banks : Pro-rank (10th best in england.)
12.W.Jr : ( Unknown )-rank
13.Cocoashadow : Medium-rank
14.Cynan Machea : Medium-rank
15.Dobs : Medium-rank
16.Meljin : Medium-rank
17.Relentless : ( Unknown )-rank
18.AttackstorM : Medium-rank
UPDATE AGAIN FROM ZEON AKA RUSSIAN BAGEL
19.Gutts : noob-medium-rank
20.Sychu : noob-rank
21.The Alpha Gundam : ( Unknown )-rank
22.Rohins : Semi-Pro ( From what I've heard )-rank
23.Phanna : Pro/Master-Perfect Samus Control-rank
24.MprisM : ( Unknown )-rank

More to come, please register. Spamming this thread will result in Report. No warnings! Thank you. Post if you wanna join ^^

:chuckle:

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
I'm in.

I don't understand the whole ranking system since its mostly opinion to begin with, so put me in as unknown.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Quick question, will this be double elimination? Please say yes :D
Right now I'm thinking so far 24 people now looking for more. My idea right now is to have pools for first found with top 2 or 3 players moving on to a double elimination bracket. We will seed after pools so top people are on other sides of bracket. Idea of tourney is to make friends while improving in a competitive atmosphere. I think with tourney style I suggested it will allow for this the most. Post thoughts also as Phanna said by the time game comes out we will have a better idea of how stages play.

In addition I urge players to post brawl codes asap because we will be trying to have friendlies maybe week or two after game comes out this will serve as a meet and greet and also see how stages play and work out any lag issues.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Right now I'm thinking so far 24 people now looking for more. My idea right now is to have pools for first found with top 2 or 3 players moving on to a double elimination bracket. We will seed after pools so top people are on other sides of bracket. Idea of tourney is to make friends while improving in a competitive atmosphere. I think with tourney style I suggested it will allow for this the most. Post thoughts also as Phanna said by the time game comes out we will have a better idea of how stages play.
Yeah same thought's as Dobs. So we have pools and the top 2 players will move onto the double elimination tourney. All matches there will be played in 2/3 and then the Finals will be in 3/5. So far we have to say 3 stock matches 6 minutes long.

With the addition of the diminishing attacks , if people get a grasp of that discovery and use it to there advantage to start killing in early percentage then we will most likely bring it up to 4 stock 7 or 8 min.

I'm in.

I don't understand the whole ranking system since its mostly opinion to begin with, so put me in as unknown.
That's only for match ups , and to qualify from melee. Since you will adapt from melee to Brawl at different speed's depending on how quick you picked it up in Brawl. So medium players will do it in a Medium speed. Pro players will pick it up fasts. Such as lower ranked players will pick up it up slower. We can also match up people that way. We also see who we can avoid matching up so it really has a purpose, but just not as big. :)

LIST UPDATED

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
We most likely won't be using the ranks for match-ups. I just stated purposes. I have though about people lying that's why people are getting paired up depending on the way they perform in pools.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
I guess that makes sense. actually i just thought about it, and there is little incintive to cheat due to this tournament having no prize or money involved. Thanks for clearing that up for me. This tournament is gonna be awsome!, if i make it through the first match that is :embarrass, but maybe i'll be better with brawl samus;).

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Well actually you're promised more then 1 match. Ask Dob's about that. He's in charge of Pools and brackets. Np. Yeah it's also a way to get even better with Samus, and meet a few new friends. :)

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Well for this tourney to work and be successful people have to be honest cause will be reporting who wins and loses yes there is spectator mode but hopefully we don't have to result to watching every match Also pools serve as way of ranking because players will have to play well if want to advance and brackets will be made off of pools. Rankings serves as way of making pools as will friendlies and other factors. I repeat though honest is a key for this to work.

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone , this is RussianBagel. After the release of Brawl I will be using this account because I have all my names , friend's , and reputation as RussianBagel AKA ZEON and I changed my tag to Beast lol. Went through all that trouble. But oh well I just like my new name too. So just keep in mind that I am RussianBagel still aka NY-Beast.

Rookiebrawler

Smash Rookie
I would Like to join this tournament, I am a noob but the thought of me being able to compete with pro's for a chance at the title of "Samus King" sounds like a good oppurtunity to embrace. You can count me in, you can also count on my desire to win prevailing.

Top Bottom