• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So apparently Max10n is approximately rank #1600-something or another.
And is apparently the 5th highest ranking Ganondorf main.
lol.

Laurel

Smash Ace
feel free to donate to my sandwich making fund if you want btw guys 8)

because i just spent $9 so we wouldn't have to stop to eat and have a picnic in my car, *****es. but only if you want.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yoshiderps.
Not sure what i'm ranked but from looking at Rajam's Ranking. It still has be registered as "Glacial_Nova" and inactive most likely.

Laurel

Smash Ace
espy, do you still have no idea what time you'll be done? no pressure, just genuinely wondering.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
So apparently Max10n is approximately rank #1600-something or another.
And is apparently the 5th highest ranking Ganondorf main.
lol.
Good. I'm awful at this game.

(Although, srsly, who's ahead of me? Who do they play regularly? O_o)

Also, I'm super sad I didn't decide to go to this tourney, these carpools sound amazing. :D

Good luck to all going.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Nike! I'll go grab something to eat. Where you wanna' go?

BK sounds legit to me right now, and there's one on Bandera near us both.

I'll message you right now. After you give me your phone number again? Is it the same?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
You guise going to Sync's haws when u go to Houston? I'll be Htown around 7ish cuz my ride wants to leave early for her dealios. I just hope there are ppl there b4 I get there :<

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nike! I'll go grab something to eat. Where you wanna' go?

BK sounds legit to me right now, and there's one on Bandera near us both.

I'll message you right now.
I know which one your talking about. And I got a new phone (same number) so you'll have to send me a text.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
SA's not leaving until after 7, Loko. XD

And Nike, I don't have your old phone number it seems... :(
PM me with it!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Messaged ya'.

And it'd be easier to meet up since I've gotta' run to my mom's first. :\

Someone meet us there!

Edit: Wait Espy... I just realized what you were talking about.
I thought you had meant Texas or something.

I'm the 5th highest Ganon, total? X_X

And 1600th in Brawl?

LAWL

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Ok guys big news. February 2011, weekend of 18-19. There will be an anime and gaming convention, on the Texas A&M Kingsville Campus. There will be tournaments (Brawl, MVC2, SSF4, Reach, Black Ops, Magic, Yu-gi-oh, warhammer), contests, **** to buy, **** to do, maybe Larping. Clear your calenders now!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yes Max10n.
5th highest ranking Ganon in the nation, according to the data. lol.

Last I checked, I was #76.
I wanna break that 50. >:[

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288046
I'm okay with this travesty. (How did they come up with this ****? XD)

Max10n, this video makes me so sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcCK5RleFw

So, very, sad.
I don't know what's saddest about this video: The commentary, or the fact that Hakumen really does play like that. :(

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Double Posting is fun.

Hey Suspect, here's a better explanation for what I was talking about with Ganon's F-air lag.

Ganon's F-air was INTENDED to autocancel on frame 35. Which is a pretty generous fullhop autocancel window. Keep in mind Ganon's airtime in a fullhop is 46 frames.

In order to understand how the coding error works, you need to understand the difference between an Asynchronous timer and a Synchronous timer.

An Asynchronous timer starts running from the beginning of a move animation until the specified number of frames. A Synchronous timer starts running after the last frame of the previous event in the programming of a move.

Ganon's F-air first hits on frame 14 and the hitbox is active until frame 20. Then there is a synchronous timer for 35 frames that designates the autocancel window (although the entire animation of Ganon's F-air I believe is only 54 frames). By coding Ganon's F-air this way, the programming says it actually autocancels on frame 55.

The other thing about Ganon's F-air is that it was supposed to be interruptible with other actions on frame 44. HOWEVER the late autocancel window caused by a synchronous timer takes priority over this interrupt window. Meaning that Ganon's F-air in Brawl pretty much is stuck with horrible ending lag to the end of the entire animation.

If you want to see how Ganon's F-air was meant to work, play Balanced Brawl. By simply changing the timer from synchronous to asynchronous, Ganon's F-air becomes both a better edgeguard tool (one that baits airdodges quite well) and a better anti-air option.
It makes it even worse that Ganon can begin to FF a full hop at 34 frames, and if I remember correctly lands on 44. Meaning that you could jump, initiate the Fair on Frame 9 (one frame after Ganon becomes airborne), begin the fast fall on frame 34 of your jump (only frame 26 of your Fair), and then actually Fall 9 frames with Fair still active (not the hitbox though) and then autocancelling with ZERO aerial landing lag on frame 44 when we hit the ground >.>

seriously guys, WE GOT *****

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
My phone doesn't let me see the hidden post was espy # 1 with sonic ? He better be ! I've seen that guy do amazing, unbelievable, bizarre, and perverted things with sonic.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Nah, he's 2nd, behind X. It's one of those things where tourney placings decide ranking I think, so yeah.

X has one more 1st place, if I remember right, so he's higher.

I lol'ed at Metaknight's average ranking being 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom