• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So what should I ask for Christams.

A Wii-U? Only current thing I really want from it is Pikmin 3. I have no idea when Smash4 will come out but this might be my only chance to get before it comes out. :/
A 360? The 360 has the most games I want, all of the Halo and Gears of War games on it.
Or a PS3? All I want on it is KH 1.5 and the eventual KH 2.5. And if I ask for a PS3 I have to specify I want it compatible with PS2 games to.

Online is not something I am looking into because wifi at this RV park has been incompatible lately. I just can't decide, this may be my only chance to get a Wii-U before Smash 4, but the 360 has the most games I want, and the PS3 has KH. Sticky predicament, but I'm sure that whichever system I ask for I will get, but the more expensive it is the less I get with it, which is fine since only the Wii-U is the very pricey one.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Depends on yo money and how long til you `want` to play a different game.
\That's a lot of 360 games to get, but given the age, maybe some miracle you can get a bundle on sale.
Or buying one game a month thing.

Otherwise if you don't mind sticking to one or two games for the time being, get yo Wii-U or PS3.

Refort610

Smash Cadet
I have a 360. I got it because it has more games that I wanted
Can't go wrong with a PS3 either. I'd hold off on the Wii U until more games come out.

Also happy page 1000 everyone.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Depends on yo money and how long til you `want` to play a different game.
\That's a lot of 360 games to get, but given the age, maybe some miracle you can get a bundle on sale.
Or buying one game a month thing.

Otherwise if you don't mind sticking to one or two games for the time being, get yo Wii-U or PS3.

Most of those game I want on the 360 I can get pretty cheap at Gamestop if I buy them pre-owned. I could get each and every Halo game on it for 20 bucks or less it will just be a matter of finding them. I can also gets Gears of War 1, 2 and 3 each for 10 bucks or less. Judgment will be the toughest one to get at 30 bucks being it's cheapest just comes down to finding the games. So yea buying games for the 360 won't be much of a problem since I trade games frequently and have ways to earn like 20 bucks from my parents lol. The main problem is, I don't know when I will next get the chance to get a new system, especially the Wii-U and I would hate to miss out on Smash 4 Wii-U for like a year like I had to do with Brawl due to not have access to the system it was on >_>, but with Smash 4 3DS I could probably deal with it if Smashfest start getting hosted back at Ooples when Smash 4 comes out.

I have a 360. I got it because it has more games that I wanted
Can't go wrong with a PS3 either. I'd hold off on the Wii U until more games come out.

Also happy page 1000 everyone.
Yea 360 has the most games I want. PS3, only thing I want from it is KH and that's it, though Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch does look interesting but those games are also more expensive. And Wii-U is probably all I would get for Christmas lol, which I could live with. But that 360 is the biggest contendert against the Wii-U, I mostly just wanted to see people's opinions on the PS3.

Refort610

Smash Cadet
Most of those game I want on the 360 I can get pretty cheap at Gamestop if I buy them pre-owned. I could get each and every Halo game on it for 20 bucks or less it will just be a matter of finding them.
If you do go that route, try getting the newest version of the 360. Halo 2 is one of the few original Xbox games that will work only on the newest system. There will be some graphic glitches, but it does work.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If you do go that route, try getting the newest version of the 360. Halo 2 is one of the few original Xbox games that will work only on the newest system. There will be some graphic glitches, but it does work.

I already own the original Xbox, brother in-law gave me his and all of his games and he had Halo and Halo 2, so I'm not to worried about playing Xbox games on the 360. not like I would be for the PS3 anyways.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I have a 360 too, but cause of having to spend money for online play, which most of xbox's 360 games are directed towards like GoW or Halo. Been thinking of selling all my stuff. Dunno who'd buy it though and if my family will even let me.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have a 360 too, but cause of having to spend money for online play, which most of xbox's 360 games are directed towards like GoW or Halo. Been thinking of selling all my stuff. Dunno who'd buy it though and if my family will even let me.

Sorry, I'm asking for a system for Christmas because I can't afford to buy system, just games. But I've pretty much rules out the PS3 now. But still can't decide between 360 and Wii-U. >_>

Suspect

Smash Hero
Make a list of all the stuff you would want to sell and pm me

and try to be as detailed as possible

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
tfw Sunset Overdrive is exclusive to Xboned.
Good thing the 360 has no games I feel like getting anymore.

3DS has stuff like Pokemon Mario Kart 7 Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Mario and Luigi Dream Team that I'd like to have.
>Yoshi's New Island in 2014
Oh boy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So was anything happening tomorrow? We should do something. Maan also wants to attend.
I could probably have something at my place, or if Slush's is open, that.

I'll text everyone too. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My place is most likely open. But for now gonna sleep, whenever I post again is basically the "come by whenever, just need to get dressed and such before everyone comes by.
Which might be somewhere around 4-7. Don't forget Laptops and crap when we do league very likely over brawl. (either that or even go to cici's to eat then head to my place)

[collapse=Also some league skin related stuph]pumpkinhead fiddlesticks (october) 520
underworld TF (october) 975
Nutcracko (december) 975
Whistler Village Twitch (february) 520
Team Spirit Anivia (february) 520

Bad Santa Veigar (december maybe) 975

Pumpkinhead Fiddle Route

October: Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks 520
=520

December: Nutcracko 975
=1495

February: Whistler Village Twitch 520
Team Spirit Anivia 520
=2535

1098 leftover if bad Santa Veigar returns with 123 left

No Pumpkin Fiddle with Underworld TF
October: Underworld TF 975
=975

December: Nutcracko 975
=1950

February: Whistler Village Twitch 520
Team Spirit Anivia 520
=2990

No Bad Santa Veigar if it returns, 643 RP leftover

Anyone know if Santa veigar FOR SURE is coming back or not?[/collapse]

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Bad Santa Veigar should be coming back with all the other Showdown skins from last year. The announcement of bringing back other legacy and showdown skins is just for those that didn't get the chance to get those skins way back when the game started.

I'm almost positive he'll be back. :applejack:

Suspect

Smash Hero
I dont want to buy a ps4 on launch but it would be a nice present to myself since I move into my apartment that day.

but I dont want Contrast to expire on ps+ before I get it. First world problems...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Smash campus tourney that are run by the `gaming club` tend to be ran by naive smashers
Rather ones who might know their stuff but don't know the bigger scene
Or plain casuals who like hosting tourneys

My campus is having a campus tourney this Saturday in which Brawl/Melee/P:M are included
The FB description is really vague saying 4-stock all games and no rule set
Or even prize

I don't remember any of our scene attending my campus since I haven't seen Tree on in a long time
So I'm expecting this to run awkwardly
In a nut shell, if I was a bit more confident, I'd say free prize for me, but I'd rather hang with my friends
(and they win the prize)
Who else is interested?

Valdens

Smash Ace
I have a house now alone to me and Wendy.

I can now host multi day smashfests with comfortable sleeping arrangements and no overcrowding.

I'll host something some weekend soon. Who'd be interested in $1 special brawl modes tournaments huehuehue

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Facebook Event Page said:
https://www.facebook.com/events/618043674914696/619794601406270/
Saturday, November 9, 2013
12:00pm until 5:00pm
Bexar room @ UTSA

The Tournament will include Super Smash Bros Melee, Project M, and Brawl....
You must bring your own controller to participate.
The tournaments will be double elimination (time permitting) best of 3's and the grand finals will be best of 5,
loser picks next stage out of tournament-allowed stages.
Each of these rounds will be 4 stock, 1v1's.
Not sure when each event is. All that's listed is the time of event. Need me to ask on the wall?

CCCM89

Smash Ace
I to would like to know when the events are, because I very much want to participate in this. I may actually have a chance to win something. Unless of course a lot of you show up, then I'm ****ed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom