• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio: Smash Con Queso - 9/18/10

megaFoX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
megafox112
ok u can adopt me :O and i would like to show up to more tourneys 2 i hope theres another 1 soon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There is another one coming up in Kingsville this weekend, and one in Houston in October. Not sure if you'll be allowed to travel that far though.

SA needs to host more tournies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
You want vids from UTDZac?

Yep. You still got alot to learn about Texas x)

For anybody who stayed at my house this weekend, there was a controller and a charger plugged in an outlet. PM me controller or charger details and I'll get it back you the next tourney we meet up at.

Trela

Smash Lord
Amazing Tournament, Espy. Thanks for running it!

Now, if only I can get rid of this salt that's all over my shirt.....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
4: Espy: No offense, but seeing you lose that doubles match on Pictochat was pretty funny. It's what you get for all that spin dash nonsense.
The punchline is that it's not gonna stop me from counter picking it. It was just a very unfortunate event in Morningstar's favor.

**** happens. Either way, I'll make sure to sideB camp you the hardest of anyone I've ever camped before the next time we go at it in tournament.

Amazing Tournament, Espy. Thanks for running it!

Now, if only I can get rid of this salt that's all over my shirt.....
Thanks.
Oh, and french fries or pre-salted pretzels. DELICIOUS.

=====

Shoutsies:

Dojo: I really wanted to play you, but I goofed up too soon. We'll play sometime soon again. I could really use that upper echelon of experience.

UTD Zac: I'm crap if I keep SDing against you. Maybe I'll just stop spindashing altogether, or something. Despite the SDs, we had some good games. Thanks for coming and helping and handling the money on the road back to Nike's place.

Trela: It's only a matter of time, lad. Good games. :( @ my SD on the last stock.

Espy: 2 SDs vs. Zac, 1 SD vs. Trela, and 1 SD vs. Sync. Better than HOBO27, at least. :p

Poltergust: Don't worry about it. We'll eventually get friendlies in at some point. Besides, it's not like you're gonna be fighting any other Sonic anytime soon in tournament, so you got some time.

K Prime: That was probably our best set we've ever played. It's official now too, buddy: I'm too afraid of fighting you on PictoChat. lol.

Denti: Olimar's like this giant wall, or somethin'. That 0-100% on Delfino made me cry on the inside. Good stuff, man.

Santi: And here's Santi, doing his thing. I didn't see any of your matches. :(

Panty: It was good seeing you again. <3

JustinKamikaze: I finally know who you are. Sorry I couldn't do any friendlies or whatever. Busy day. Good job Top 10'ing.

Nike: Thanks for the fest at your place, even though you had to kick us early. It was awesome. Thanks for bringing so much stuff to the venue too. Always a big, big help.

Bored: Ike/Ganon too good vs. Double Snake. :p

Pyledriver: You beat Morningstar? Legit, man. Keep it up.

Tyson: Didn't see any of your matches, but our doubles set was sick. Thanks for coming down.

Slush: Always good to see you, man. Great job knocking out Pyle.

Leaf: Ganon Challenge too sexy. <333~

Morningstar: You didn't die for ages. Snake's too fat. Good games in teams.

Big Boss: That set with Tyson looked close whenever I went to watch it. Good stuff man, keep it up.

KoN: What happened with your set, by the way?

MegaFox102: Welcome to the community. You had a very impressive first showing, even though I couldn't see it because I was playing. Make sure to swing by the SA Thread so you can get info on Smashfests, tournaments, etc, etc.

Paw: Salt Daddy be snatchin' yo' people up.

Max10n/Geoberos/Tofer: Thank you guys for helping me run the tournament and get food. Too good. You guys helped make this tournament a success. Ganon Challenge was also so delicious.

Sync: Good games in singles. Didn't think you had gotten so tough so soon. Good ****.

Laurel: Everyone starts somewhere, Laurel. Just keep going, learn match ups, ask players questions, and you'll see improvements. I guarantee you that you're already quite a bit better than when you started.

Batou: Tasty Falcon.

Kyle/Oscar: We appreciate all of the effort you guys went to to set this tournament up. Everyone had a good time, the venue was nice, and the food was amazing. We'll be sure to take up another chance to host here, most definitely.

Turbo: Money johns? Even after Beros said he'd spot you? Whatever, I guess.

Everyone who didn't eat at Los Primos: What the hell is wrong with you? Their food was friggin' AMAZING. I pity any out-of-towners who didn't get the opportunity to try anything. Good food at an amazing price.

My god, you missed out.

=====

Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting the Texas Smash scene! See you guys again real soon.

Denti

Smash Master
I had fun. I learned that polt knows what he is doing in the olimar MU so I can't get away with sneaky stuff. I also learned to ban picto chat on espy XD FAIL

trela IS salt

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Gah, sleepy... I'll try some shoutouts though.

UTD Zac and Trela: Kinda' sad I didn't get any friendlies against you guys. I loved your spacing though Zac in the matches I saw. Trela, I wanna' get gimped by you sometime. :D

Espy: Sucks what happened... :\ (Giving you a shoutout... why?)

Prime: Man, still haven't played your Pika in forever. Also, I've gotta' pick your brain for matchups more often.

Santi and Panty: Haha, I enjoyed our matches. I kinda' fell apart on Brinstar(against both of you...), but still good experience. Santi, I really liked some of the tricks you had. Fun match, wanna' play you again. GG's to both of ya'.

Nike: I love you having people over again. We didn't hang out much, but thanks for having us.

Bored: We only played like, 2 matches together. With those warmups out of the way, we'd have smashed them. XD We still need to actually play each other. I'm pretty sure the game would break or something. (If I'd known you were gonna' be there, I'd have busted out the DeJuan Blair shirt. No Laker can handle the Grizzly Blair.)

Pyledriver: Good **** at this tourney. Always fun hanging with you.

Slush: Good seeing you again man!

Leaf: We didn't play, like, once... :( Methinks you were scurred. XD

Morningstar: Too much fun. Snake jousting... Gandalf the ****ing White... I wanna' 1v1 you again though. :D

Big Boss: We didn't play at all this weekend? ****. That needs to be fixed. Good matches though. Sucks you weren't too used to the Ness matchup. :\

KoN: I haven't played you since like, Steakfest 2. That needs to change as well. XD Much fun hanging with you.

MegaFox102: Holy balls, you're amazingly calm. I now refer to you as Pocket Prime, out of respect. :p Congratz on your tourney run.

**** Paw.

Sync: You're my new Houston buddy. You know your **** too man, I look forward to seeing you develop. We should team up one day and tech-chase the piss out of people.

King Jacob: I enjoyed our brief friendlies. My first one I was a bit off, so sorry if I appeared scrubby. I got it working quick enough though. Hopefully I showed you some of Ganon's magnificence. :p

Laurel: We totally haven't played... :( This'll change next Smash thing though. Calling you out now. :p Major fun hanging with you and Boss though, as always.

Firin: Heh heh, Salty Nuts. Fun times man. Also, you gave us the Ganon Challenge Highlight of the month. You're immortalized in our city's social title. XD

Tofer: Did we... Did we finish a tourney without playing each other once? ****ing amazing. :D (Why am I giving you and Espy shoutouts? This is dumb)

Batou: Fun matches, the few we got in with doubles. :D

Geoberos: You drink that sweet tea until I tell you to stop. :D

Turbo: I saw you drop that punt... O_o

I think that's everyone... To everyone I didn't play or hang out with, next time. Also, thanks to every OoC who came. Made it a great tourney, and lots of fun.

SA da bess.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
shout outs!

Espy- great tournament ran smoothly good job on 4th

Kprime-god your such a chatter box !

Bigboss- good **** plus you snake ditto just as many times as i MK ditto

luaren- your learning fast, and thanks for all the smokes i'll buy you a pack next tourny

pyle- thanks for the burrito and coke at chachos

justinK- ggs your meta is too good

Afiari- good diddy dittos, dont feel discouraged i play diddy ditto alot

King Jacob- lol at your timeout fail first game vs tofer

tofer- "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." we can help each learn olimar vs MK match up.

Batou- cool guy great talking to you.

Firin- step 1 learn meta knight, step 2 win , step 3 ignore the hate, there will be plenty.

Geoberos- you laughed sooooooo hard you almost died :dizzy:

JRUGS- good games brawl and yugioh.

kryo- we still didn't get to play yugioh:(

cake- ggs too bad you have dojo to practice with, i never stood a chance with MK

Maan - you know your football

paw- you were too far down the table at chachos to care about :p

special thanks to

Nike, kyle
oscar and the proprietors of Los Primos.

and to all the out of towners

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I had fun. I learned that polt knows what he is doing in the olimar MU so I can't get away with sneaky stuff. I also learned to ban picto chat on espy XD FAIL

trela IS salt
After what happened in MLG Orlando (THREE matches in a row fighting against Olimar), I resolved to never lose to Olimar again. So far, I haven't. :laugh:

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Heh, I have a feeling something like this is going to happen in every tournament I place "well" (I use that term VERY loosely) at. If you guys don't want these posts, then beat me early on. :laugh:

...Wait, don't do that. D:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh ****, Paw! I meant to give you a real shoutout at the end of them. XD

Lol, you know I <3 you. Great Cuddle Match that we played.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
On the bright side, at least I haven't lost to anyone bad yet. I wish that I fought either K Prime or Espy in loser's instead of Trela, but what can you do? :p

You've lost $5 to me twice.

I three stocked you.

I'm terrible.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Illmatic ruins every thread he touches.
However, he DID give me the opportunity to save the gif of hypedog.

Denti

Smash Master

To be honest I'm disapointed with my placing, but it doesn't matter because everything I lost to I won't lose to next time. It was just a learning experience that even playing better at the time wouldn't solve. I understand things :rotfl:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol Melee.
lol.

Edit: As far as I remember, SOS and Jesusfreak got 1st and 2nd respectively out of 8 or 10, I believe.
That's it.

Zucco

Smash Master
boring and expected results!

good job Trela and ESPY I GUESS.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guess?!
Hmph!

I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest. :(

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
1: Dojo==Fighting you second round was too good. I'm really happy with how I did against you, it was fun, I just need more practice.

2: UTD Zac==You are also fun to fight. I gotta avoid that keyblade...:laugh:

3: Trela==Don't give in to the darkness. Confidence is really the only thing you need to win from this point.

4: Espy==That ganon challenge hurt so bad...

5: Poltergust==POLT! We must play sometime!

5: K Prime==I wanna put some combination of "good job", "I'm coming for you", and "how well am I improving", but I can't seem to find one.

7: Denti==Whataburger at 3:40 AM. 5 separate orders.

7: Santi==Thanks for the friendlies. TL is too good.

9: Panty==And then I fight you round 3. :laugh: That matchup...

9: Nike==Private time in Nike's room. ;)

17: Leaf==Learned "CHARGE"

17: Big Boss==We never played the rematch...

17: KoN==Firin thanks you for the tips!

17: MegaFox102==Were you that guy everyone was talking about that was tearing up?

17: Paw==Hi Paw.

25: Max10n==The ganon challenge counts as us playing, though. We don't need to 1v1...

25: Sync==Step it up, Sync.:laugh:

25: Laurel==It was getting scary at the end of that set...I don't need another martha to deal with.

33: Firin==Eh, you know.

33: Tofer==Illmatic said he would try to come next time.

33: Batou==Just remember the 3 rules to winning with captain falcon. A falcon punch, a Yes Spike, and a knee. Do that, you automatically win the match.

Los Primos==Delishish food, almost enough to change my take on Mexican food. Thanks for the venue!

Soooooooooo fun times~ I love you, San Antonio.

Top Bottom