• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
So are you just ignoring the first section where there's only a 6 frame window? Which can be cut down to 5 if Falco uses nair instead of dair? That's enough to shut down shield grab and all aerials out of shield, leaving only invincible Up B's, which only a select few characters have. Shine to aerial IS a frame trap when it's done perfectly. Human error might make it difficult to do a true frame trap in practice, but unlike what some players would like to believe, human error goes both ways. Even if human error makes it theoretically punishable, now you're asking for near frame perfect play from the other character. Not to mention that last section where there's a 2 frame window.

I don't know if you know this, but it only takes two moves to make a frame trap. If you have three moves put together that couldn't be punished, then that would be...two frame traps. Shine to grab is pretty much a frame trap as well.
Pillaring for the most part is not a frame trap. There will be a frame trap between the shine->aerial or aerial->shine (as shown in the frame data), but besides that it becomes a guessing game of "Is Falco going to do an early or late aerial on my shield?". Also, Nair has more land lag and less shield stun (before decay) than Dair, so unless you're trying to space it to avoid grabs, Dair is usually better.

Just picking a point out. I mostly agree with the rest of what you said, although I haven't really encountered these "whiny spacies players" you're talking about.

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
it's come to a point where smashboards doesnt keep me logged in anymore.... i miss smash guys...

MARTH IS GAY. Falco is cool.

Jesse: Teach me falco when I get back :]

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
woud anyone wanna play today as well? i have been in the mood lately to be playing alot
Where in San Diego are you? Maybe we can play :)
Though, I'm under the impression that your location hasn't been updated and you live somewhere else in which that case, I'll see you friday if you go

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
man i really wanna smash. me and matt (deth) will cruise to the lodge in an hourish as long as some people will be smashin...and will stay for a while. dont wanna drive 40 minutes to play for only 2 hours. whos in?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Are people playing today, Friday, or both?
It'd be a total blast to play with everyone sometime! <3

I'd even try to get some of the other old-schoolers to come out and play, too!
(I'm looking at you, SA2Jeff, ASP, Doodles, and SA3Tony!) <3

Rickety

Peace and Love
Ooh, I see, I see! Thank you, Glowworm!

You live in Paradise Hills, right? We should play sometime soon the next time that we're both there! <3

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i really wanna play right now...friday should be big though fa sho.

whats the deal with todayyyyyyy?!

long beach tourney on saturday, im going for sure, anyone else?

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Well. Im free at 3. But i only have til five. Lol. Not sure if thats worth your guys' trip

:phone:

And im already on campus. With no set up

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
Well. Im free at 3. But i only have til five. Lol. Not sure if thats worth your guys' trip

And im already on campus. With no set up
ehh i will be there. dont got anything else to do today. allright so i will be there at 3. other people should come as well. and i will bring a setup

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I probably wont be there tomorrow. ;( gf time. Aha.

lol it's cool =p

So I think Lanstar said that on a certain day after 4:30, parking is free? Is that true? I'm very much trying to find a way to get free parking and hopefully it's not too far from the sixth college area

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
More than one UCSD student told me parking was free after 4:30 pm on fridays <.< I've never been ticketed, but maybe I'm just lucky.

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
So people are playing right now? Anybody wanna gimme a ride :)

lmk!! i live close to school but far from the bus route.. long story

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
And they generally almost never meter check on Fridays after 4:30, that's probably what whoever told Lanstar meant. The later it gets on Friday the less they care, although it's really just $1 or 2 for the meter anyway isn't it?

Vouge

Smash Journeyman
I'm on campus now playing in the lodge. also, seriously watch out for parking, you don't want a $65 ticket. Maybe bring a cube, I'm not sure but the turnout today looks promising.

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
Tristan I'm gonna get ready and take the longass journey over there lol

And I agree. Just buy a meter pass.

edit: how many people usually show up to these things? Should I bring my cube

double edit: actually i'm going there around 4-4:30, aka Coot time. Yeah people are going, Jesse should be there in about an hour

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
just like last time boss? ;)

Edit: That was charlie after I stepped away from my computer, regardless, you did kinda flake last time though lol

Edit2: Not sayin I'm innocent

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
*phew* so it looks like I didn't get a parking ticket. They leave a ticket in your windshield right? I'm just hoping they don't do it through the mail.

Top Bottom