• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hey two reminders that'll help things run along smoothly

1 - if at all possible avoid bringing twenties if you're only entering singles. it just makes things a lot easier if we don't have to make a trip to break some change.

2 - we are NOT in the lodge for this triweekly. the tournament will be in the dogghouse. see the first page for information

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
oh yeah one more thing, please try to be reasonably on time. i think i'ma pull a champ on this one

if you're going to be significantly late make sure you call me, i'll just charge 5 dollars venue for your entire car.
if you don't call and still try to sign up late i'll charge a 5 dollar venue fee per person

significantly late is gonna be anything after 12 or 12:30-ish, an hour and a half is basically enough time to get from LA to SD if you leave right when the tournament is supposed to start, so no johns.

and of course bring setups peeps

DJMirror

Smash Master
Hey AZN LEP!

Can you please give my Macbook Charger to Kira for me? THANK YOU

Kira can you please get my macbook charger from azn lep ? thank you!

MacD

Banned via Administration
hi pat, i'm going to be there hopefully by 12:15, work ends at 11 and i'm going to rush my *** off to get there after picking people up

i'll bring a set up too

i'll be in contact tomorrow :)

EDIT: we'll have 2 set ups cause connor is bring one too

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
NOTE: I just realized that today is UCSD's admit day, so while parking is still free, it may be kind of scarce. If you have equipment i suggest you drop it off first and then find a spot if things look really packed.

Oh and to anyone coming from SD. If you have a set up, bring it. Don't let 949 bring more setups than all of SD combined.

I'll be there in about 30 minutes, see you folks soon.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
URGENT UPDATE!!!!

The people down at resident life have a cruel sense of humor.

THE DOGGHOUSE is booked for admit day

WE WILL BE IN THE LODGE

apparently they did a last minute switch without telling me. Huge apologies for the inconvenience.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
1: Zhu
2: Kira
3: MacD
4: Fly Amanita
5: Azn Lep
5: Lovage (CONTROLLER BROKE)
7: LuCKy
7: HomeMadePancakes
9: S2J
9: SK
9: Gonna Get *****
9: Tafokints
13: Pnoy
13: Leeland
13: GSUB
13: StabbedbyaPyrrhicVictory
17: PBS
17: Squid
17: LHG
17: JackOfBlades
17: Sunny
17: Miguel
17: Jun
17: Eric Ding
25: JDM
25: Legend
25: Rei
25: Taco
25: Judd
25: Bok
25: Eclipse
25: Naleek
33: Jedi
33: Antopark
33: St Pat
33: Combofest
33: Joe
33: Deth
33: Brian
33: theBOSS
33: Stop
33: Kelvin
49: Heycure

1: Because we're ****ing gangster, that why (LuCKy + MacD)
2: 3 vs 2 (Zhu + Fly Amanita)
3: The Pirates of Ridiculous Speed (S2J + Lovage)
4: Pimps (theBOSS + Pnoy)
5: Get High (SK + Miguel)
5: The Last will be First (Kira + Leeland)
7: No Clue (Deth + Judd)
7: 2 Pats on the Back (Azn Lep + St. Pat)
9: 28 Knees Later (Stab + Combofest)
9: Blades that Cure Cancer (Heycure + JackofBlades)
9: Random Stuff (Tafokints + Jedi)
9: Team China (Sunny + Eric Ding)
13: Disrespect (Joe + Jun)
13: Apples and Oranges (Jflo + Legend)
13: Hit them with the Fair (Kelvin + Taco)
13: Team Muff (Eclipse + Melrak90)
17: A Better Place a Better Time (Naleek + Bok)

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
awww man thats a heartbreaker for lovage.good **** dave!i'd do shoutouts but im too lazy,and i spent most of the day sleeping off my hangover...buuuuut it was nice seeing everyone!and for the 5 people who ***** me in friendlies,sorry i couldnt be more of a warm-up for you guys haha

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I get so irritable now and I have no idea why. :(

I might need a break from this game. I might actually have to take one anyways since my last functional controller broke today. >_>

DJMirror

Smash Master
Not to take credit away from Kira or MacD

but if lovage's controller didn't break i think the top 5 result would be different

but good **** to julian, dave and mccain!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Epic tournament. SD "Triweeklies" have, and always will be the best Socal tournaments. Thanks again Pat for being a gracious host.

Secondly my match against Lovage shouldn't count for anything at all except for how good Oscar is with a broken controller. in fact a lot of my matches were pretty lucky

ppl who stayed at my house, it was ****, thanks for staying over:
joey - i got so lucky with that random waveland fsmash on you.. and somehow it combo'd into fair. your wii rapess so hard but if possible switch up the music every month or so so we dont get tired of it lol. and dont do that to FoD plz
oscar - lol i always feel like a noob when i do well against you in friendlies and then get ***** in tourney. i hate upsmash to upsmash
johnny - u should've won our set. i hope the cleaning lady didnt give you a hard time or anything, you're really good and too honorable letting me switch back to sheik after messing up the ledgestall not once but twice.
cathy - cool seein you again, looks like your peach got better from the few times i was watching it!

ppl in my car:
anto - Money MATCH
paul - you and anto are so chill
GSUB - what a cool and funny guy, always a pleasure to chat with, thanks for the good company
JDM - i'll get at you in ssf4
Connor - your doc is seriously cool to watch, i look forward to our mid tier tournament match

Zhu - still 2nd best on the west coast, i know it. as always i enjoyed our smash theory talks, even you just asking what you did right helped me learn the matchup better and got me thinking more about what to do, so thanks
MacD - either i should never pick dk64 on you again or you seriously stepped it up that last match. it took me awhile to realize you had a really smart ban, sounds weird to say but I had nowhere else to go and had to keep reminding myself i couldn't go to battlefield. great set. Also was it against you that we were playing all serious and then I did something dumb and we all just laughed at it? lol connor said he looked at zhu and they started laughing immediately so i think i was playing you. anyway, im glad we can laugh at stuff even during moments like that. also cameron's house puzzle fighter tournament soon, devilot/akuma banned, switch characters on cp
Fly Amanita - sorry you had to use a substitute controller too, i enjoyed our set a lot even though you probably could have played better with a different controller. if you take a break, all our brackets get easier lol. but honestly that might be a good idea, taking breaks makes you better i swear
Azn Lep - still one of the coolest and nicest guys i know, also still pro at smash! cute gf, grats. also smart move not letting her come to the tournament lol
Tafokints - let's play dittos next time. can't wait to hear the commentary lol. i think i laughed out loud at one of your puns during a serious match lol
Pnoy - what happened to you man? i never saw you after singles started haha. anyway you and michael were too good in teams, i couldn't get any kind of advantage on you, you guys had control the whole set. well played
Leeland - thanks for teaming with me man, we had some good sets and the friendlies beforehand were awesome. you're a good teammate, you dont hit me and you know how to edgeguard in teams well
StabbedbyaPyrrhicVictory - why hasn't your name been stabbed by a cactus yet? i figured it would have been one of your first choices. at least stabbed by a tuar
PBS - i enjoyed our set, you did some really nice things but kept giving away opportunities after missed cg's, but yeah you knew what you were doing in most cases
Jun - let us know you're coming to dinner next time! so we can all sit together haha. good seein you, your marth had me guessing in teams. very cactuar-like pressure (waiting with good spacing)
Rei - how did you get here?
Judd - legit puff, you could probably teach me a thing or two
Deth - yo lets team next time

The Pirates of Ridiculous Speed (S2J + Lovage) - great team name

949 did good!
yay

MacD

Banned via Administration
Not to take credit away from Kira or MacD

but if lovage's controller didn't break i think the top 5 result would be different

but good **** to julian, dave and mccain!
i just wanted to respond to this before reading kira's wall of text

i was guarenteed 3rd jason, if lovage's controller didn't break i still would have gotten 3rd, lovage and kira probably would have switched places

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!
Azn Lep: Awesome, as always. :)
Stab: Good match, next time i'll get you! I shoulda banned FD.
Deth: I couldn't get around all those missiles! Good sh*t.
Andrew: I still wanna play your shiek with my Bowser. You ***** me in doubles.
That one kid with no tag (lurker): We should get together sometime and smash!

Shout out to Zhu for being so smart and whatnot.
And shout out to all the people who liked my Bowser! Can't wait to play again!

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

LuCKy

Smash Master
well this tourney was actually really fun for me til i got ***** lol but even then dinner ***** so it was a great day overall :]

After some thinking about my losses from this tourney i believe I've gotten myself into this really bad habbit for my playing style lol I've been here before and I've gotten out of it before. . so I'll see if i can get out of it again. I really hope to see both McCain and kira at champs next weekend to see if i can make a difference :]

pat/azn lep - you're tourneys are always so well run and fun ^^ please keep them comin!

kira- your house and dog ****!! if only it wasnt so hot lol it mightve been the best housing ever otherwise. As for our match good **** lol i would assume you tried to waveland F-tilt when you got that random *** smash lol if so the tilt probably wouldve gotten me anyways so GG's ill have to get you next time :] this time i really feel like i learned or remembered a few things from playing you so i'm glad i got to play you. . . . AND DONT STOP GOING TO TOURNEYS!! itd be nice to have a good shiek represent west coast for apex lol especially if we get to do east vs west crews again

McCain- Were just way too gangster for everyone lol its always fun teaming with you but i kinda feel like im cheating with you being such a good team mate >___> either way it was great seeing you and teaming again :] and ill get you next time in singles!! i promise it lol

johnny- i still gotta mm you in falcon dittos. . . sorry for being emo and not wanting to play you at the end of the tourney >__> i really dont know if i can beat you in dittos lol i think thats why im so excited about playing you in a serious set, btw thanks for giving me and cathy a ride :]

lovage - get ***** by the batman :] and im determined to be your fox hero. . . lol i got this

tafokins- id put 5 on you vs sherigami juust because your ****** lol

connor- good luck on getting that disc to work lol hold another tourney and ill go to your house n teach you how to make the discs :]

if i left anybody out im sorry for being lazy lol <333's to the melee community

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
I get so irritable now and I have no idea why. :(

I might need a break from this game. I might actually have to take one anyways since my last functional controller broke today. >_>
are you more focused on winning now? in my competitive game of choice i have also been irritable lately, but i dont know if i have been having less fun. for me, wins/losses are recorded and i have been trying to increase the gap between my wins and losses. so i have been crabby towards my team when we lose. i sort of miss the good ol days of ****ing around and not caring as much, but i am also glad that my team and i have been improving and that the wins keep increasing.

if you are the same as me, i would suggest sort of embracing your strong drive for winning and accepting that if you lose you will be in an off mood for a while. knowing beforehand that your are gonna get pissy will let you get over it faster when it does happen. also, if your friends are aware of how emotionally invested you are in your performance they will know that you may need a minute after they beat you, or god forbid if you blow up on them that you dont really mean it.

idk if thats healthy psychological advice but its how i roll. my team and i know that i will be upset after a loss, and it may be selfish of me to ***** after said loss, but we just accept that it will happen, take like a 3 minute break to cool off when we lose, and then get back in the groove

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Zhu - Great playing as always man. You wrecked me pretty bad in singles, those retreating d-airs are really tough to get around. Grats on your placing in both singles and doubles
Kira - Glad you came back, shmooguy's good now. It's always a pleasure hanging out with you, both during and after each tournament.
MacD - is disqualified from the girlfriend doubles tournament by default... sorry McCain, haha. Great performance in both singles and doubles, i'm glad i didn't have to play you in tournament haha
Fly Amanita - despite not being too happy today, i think you played really well. you had a great rally against kira and messed me up in IC dittos pretty bad. Sad to hear about
Lovage (CONTROLLER BROKE) - Edited the tournament results to make sure every knew his controller broke lol. But seriously, that's a huge bummer man. I hope you can find one that puts you up to Lovage-like speed
LuCKy - Don't let a few tournaments get you down, you still got it Joey
having girlfriends at tournaments make smashers play bad. fact.
HomeMadePancakes - Your Doc is going to be so good once you learn all those match-ups. I had a lot of fun in our set, once of these days we'll get crews going...
S2J - I got so lucky in our set, i think that's the second time that's happened in a match. I really don't like to play that whack either, but Falcon is scary... and you're pretty freaking good.
SK - You should start playing more smash. You guys have the potential to be really good if you just started going to some tournaments outside of UCSD.
Gonna Get ***** - Didn't get *****... what the hell?
Tafokints - You started to learn the match up a lot better by our second match. I'm definitely gonna make sure I don't underestimate you if we ever play again.
Pnoy - Little richard is still the best player in SD. Don't worry about getting ***** by 2 players that you've "owned" in the past. Haha i'm kidding, but not really.
Leeland - Little leeland is still the best IC player in SD. You and kira really surprised me in teams. Your ICs handle the doubles things really well.
GSUB - is a super chill guy. You're a lot of fun to have at tournaments and at after tournament dinners.
StabbedbyaPyrrhicVictory - this man is single handedly keeping the media scene alive for socal. Huge props stab. I had fun in our MM also, sorry if it seemed like i was sandbagging.
PBS - You need to not let yourself get overwhelmed. You sheik is really good, i don't think you should give up on her quite yet. But if you decide to go falcon, i'm sure it'll be ****.
Squid - hey we didn't talk much, but i really appreciate you 949 folks taking the time to travel here and bring set ups. You guys ****.
LHG - Hey thanks for helping out with everything tournament related. It's always a pleasure to have you and JFlo helping running everything.
JackOfBlades - You've gotten a lot better since the last time i saw you play. keep it up man
Sunny - same thing i said to simon goes to you. you UCSD kids would be soo good at this game if you just traveled a bit. maybe we'll get a carpool one of these days.
Miguel - wow all you guys had the
Jun - exact same placing? Good stuff UCSD, I'll
Eric Ding - probably start up those weekly smashfests 3rd or 4th week.
JDM - your fox is really really fast/technical. I feel like if you just slowed things down every now and then you'd get loads better. Oh and thanks for letting me use your controller in friendlies.
Legend - I'll put you in as THE Legend in the next triweekly.
Rei - Hey thanks a ton for bringing a set up all the way from Irvine. I can't say how much i appreciate it.
Taco - I don't think we got to talk much during the tournament... i'll make a note of it next time.
Judd - You need to drag Big Jeff out here next time. That fool is getting BFF'd, haha. Always good to see you a round man.
Bok - you guys are actually really technical at this game. I'm sure if you guys played more people and learned more styles you'd improve a lot.
Eclipse - hmm we didn't talk a whole lot either... another note for next time.
Naleek - same thing i said to Bok goes to you. You guys should just expand your play styles, it helps tons.
Jedi - it's ridiculous to think how long ago we met at that library tournament way back when. you've definitely come a long ways since then.
Antopark - money match
St Pat - bummed that you had leave early man, thanks for teaming though it was loads of fun. maybe one day we'll get back into this game.
Combofest - you have an awesome name. I like you irvine kids.
Joe - good to see new faces here at UCSD. you should come to our smashfests once i get those started.
Deth - i really like how your samus plays in teams. super aggressive and scary and stuff. I'm real bummed that you had to leave early though.
Brian - hey i've seen you around a few times do you go to UCSD?
theBOSS - you and richard freaking wrecked in teams, sorry those last few doubles matches didn't go your way. Good to see old school SDs still got it though.
33:Stop - hey i had fun in our set, your marth definitely has a lot of potential. Just don't stop playing when something surprises you haha. Once you learn some of the more obscure matchups you'll get better a lot faster.
Kelvin - another person i think i've seen around. Do you go to UCSD?
Heycure - never too late to get into it man, just keep going to tournaments and playing people that are better than you. You'll be surprised as how quickly you can improve.

D

Deleted member

anything goes in smash

i'll try not to kill myself next time tho.. lol

and thanks for running the tourney, best nonregional tourney i've been to by far

.. too lazy to post other shoutouts atm but I love u all

Top Bottom