• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

DanteFox

Smash Champion
cho, david m., or andrej do any of you guys wanna go to this thing today and just play melee there?
we wouldn't enter or anything, just setup some melee and play friendlies.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna play today at my dorm in FT? we have two settups currently. need memory cards and games.
additional set up? one more max?
starting now?

CableCho57

Smash Lord
waht the heck joey where you at?
dante ill probably be hella down to go tonight, ill text you later to see if youre there and what time etc cuz i probably wont be around my computer

also I think imma buy a dazzle video recorder for my notebook so I can start recording some matches and junk. Maybe even figure out how to do commentary??? O.o

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I need the SB Melee guys to tell me who can bring a setup to the Student Resource Building on February 5th.

I think Dante and David Mendez are my guaranteed full setups (please be there before noon, there will be food so don't stress!). Evan's Wii is also in our possession but I need a TV for that. I forget if John or Anthony have TVs...that might be the solution.

I think I'm covered on Brawl setups though. With any decent luck I should have four of those ready.

And David M, you're username is totally appropriate. You're awesome, and you saved my life so many times as I've been trying to run this club.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Dante still has not updated the OP saying that Indolent is part of our SB Melee community. He mains :marth: Dante is a very irresponsible thread owner. Also did you know that everytime Dante modifies the thread title in the OP, it doesn't update the time stamp that he last edited the OP?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
If you are using 40 ppp and you are looking at page 42 and posts 1655-1658, you would see that I did not post every single other post (at least not on page 42 if you are using 40 ppp).

Also, congratulations to the winners of the :brawl: doubles tournament yesterday. The male was not a resident of San Rafael Resident Hall so he had to give his $15 to the next winner.

xcevers

Smash Rookie
my friends steven and jessica won, I am a bit surprised they beat you, Huy, and david C. Was it a laggy tv?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
They both went :pikachu: but at the end one of them used :metaknight: in grand finals. Was it Jessica or Steven that used the :metaknight: in grand finals. Actually it was single elimination and we lost to Marcos Martinez's team. Yes, it was a laggy projector.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
We lost because Anthony told me to use Ganon. **** him, actually **** me for listening. My Falco and Huy's Snake totally had that tournament. =/

Yeah it was laggy. That's why I should have gone Falco. My Falco was probably the single best character at that tournament.

And did he even make it to the Smash Club meeting? He doesn't know how I feel. I don't like losing to people who I know I'm better than, especially when it's to bull**** like no team attack, single elimination, best of 1, and lag. My gameplan and execution of it was solid, until Anthony pressured me into thinking otherwise.

The other reason I partly wanted to win was to make a point as to how much bull**** the scrub tournaments are at SB. The competitive scene at SB is fairly weak in general outside of some of us who play Melee. I am not particularly pleased at the attendance for club yesterday, given that there were literally at most about 10 people.

However, we do have Matsuri to look forward to. Hopefully after that, our attendance levels should be higher.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I've emailed this to David C, but I've got a wii, copies of Melee and Brawl, and a memory card if those are needed for the tourney this weekend.

By the way, any word on when Melee singles will be starting on Saturday? And doubles, if we're even running them.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
I will attempt to bring my full setup. I will also ask Eric, Bryant, and Paul if they want to come.

(1) Is there going to be plenty-o-melee?
(2) Is there a link to the event?
(3) If not, can I has map?

Top Bottom