• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Does anyone combo / edge guard better when they are on a specific side of the stage? I feel like I combo better when I move from left to right than from right to left. I feel like my edge guarding is more on point when I edge guard on the right side. :confused:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Ken Van and Andrew from the Circle K International wants to do this charity event Brawl / Melee tournament where the entry fee is $3-$5. They want us to book the SRB on Saturday 12th, 19th, or 26th which are all horrible dates, so I want to do the tournament in April. :(

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
We're probably expecting fewer than 25 entrants because we are not doing pools due to lack of set ups and doubles is not yet confirmed. I still think doubles with singles pools is possible as long as we forbid people from entering both Melee and :brawl:

How many set ups can SLO bring?

The following is related to the charity tournament which is nothing related to Matsuri or the LAN Party tournaments:

Also there is this charity event tournament for Melee and Brawl but this guy from CKI expects too much since too much of the pot will go to charity and the entry fee is $5 which does not justify the conditions. I'm not sure if this charity tournament can happen since he expects Smash Club to get a venue. This is unfair since if he wants the charity, he should put his own efforts into getting the venue. To be fair, SRB is free to reserve though but the limit is 2 reserves per organization. They already used their 2. I think we used our 2 also.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Huy, it's time to tone it down on the number of posts, bro. I'm not trying to be mean, but a lot of what you've been posting is either irrelevant to the topic at hand, or straight up misinformation. As I've said before, for the last few pages, almost 50% of posts have been by MRS. That's way too many.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
This ^

also stupid CKI wanting to do things for charity! Helping people out and asking other clubs to help contribute. =p

seriously though a smash tournament probably isnt the best fundraiser.

Stev

Smash Ace
I think we can bring 2 setups. Sheen, Me, Willie can all go. Andy sounds like he's likely. Brian is doubtful, but I'll find out tomorrow if he can or cannot. What time does **** start? Also, if doubles "isn't happening," shall we do a side tournament of like 4 teams or something? $1 entry fee?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The following is important information (therefore it is not spam):

It starts at 1 PM. We can wait for SLO if SLO is late. Yes, $2 entry fee. David is considering a $5 entry fee. Also I need a teammate and I main :peach:

Stev

Smash Ace
Also I have bad news. :(
Are you gonna say it or are you waiting for someone to post so you can say it?

Also, If Brian goes, I think there's a good chance Oscar will go

Also, if there's no doubles, anyone down for a side tourny? We'll just manage it ourselves if it's small enough. Should be easy enough to do

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Are you gonna say it or are you waiting for someone to post so you can say it?
lol thats what I was thinking

and if lovage comes.... shoot son! hypee

also why wouldnt there be doubles? If you can only enter one game, it makes no sense not to have doubles! And thats the only thing sb can beat slo in!

and andy! money match??? my falco vs your samus! (im very prideful in that matchup lol) although I think youd **** me, I gotta money match samus mains!

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
How many posts in between posts of mine should be written for my posts to not be considered "spam"? There are 6 posts between this post and my last post. Also I will say that the bad news is that the LPT may be cancelled on 2-27-11. Matsuri is still happening. There isn't doubles because we do not have enough set ups. :(

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Oh man we need to do crews again. I am so salty about last time.

and if lovage comes hes on our crew =P

Also I'm down for teams. Caleb wanna team??

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Although I did lose the race to Dante in being the first person between the two of us to get the color of our SWF SN changed, I did succeed in becoming a moderator and getting my name changed to red. As a moderator, I have to abide the rules and stop spamming this thread, so I will listen to Dante, Caleb, David, etc. and try not to make a post every other post in this thread.

Joey, if Dante teams with Andrej, would you like to team with me for doubles? Also I am down to run our own doubles tournament with a $10 entry fee per team. David says he will not run the :melee: doubles tournament, but I can run the Melee doubles tournament for him. :)

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
also, take what huy is saying with a grain of salt, he often gets a lot of information wrong. Wait for A2ZOMG to confirm or deny what he said.
david said "doubles not guaranteed" but ionno if that applies to melee

How many posts in between posts of mine should be written for my posts to not be considered "spam"? There are 6 posts between this post and my last post. Also I will say that the bad news is that the LPT may be cancelled on 2-27-11. Matsuri is still happening. There isn't doubles because we do not have enough set ups. :(

i dont think whether a post is a spam is dependent on the frequency of the post, and i think its a little unnecessary to keep calling ppl out for spamming, if spamming is against the rules, just click on the report button instead of being a backseat mod. but huy obviously has not been spamming if the admins of smashboards thought he was capable to be a mod, which means huy must knows the board rules pretty well

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Just because something isn't strictly against the rules doesn't mean that you should continue to do that something especially if it clearly pisses off other users.

Top Bottom