• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Like Metal Reflect Slime is a moderator account because as you can see my name is red. And let's say I created another alternate account like SB Smash Player 101 or something, and that account also became a moderator with a red name. That way, I would have two accounts that both have red names, but I don't think anyone on SWF has two accounts that are both moderator accounts. Some people create alternative accounts when they get banned to continue posting while their main account is banned. :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Well it would be funny to a certain extent because most of the time when I infract someone and they get angry and retaliate, if I infract them again which I usually do, then they take it personally. So if I infract them again with my alternative account, then it would look like it is a totally different moderator that infracted them so they probably will still be angry but not take it that personally. :)

CableCho57

Smash Lord
dayum andy youve been playin since 2005?? melee was still in its MLG "golden" years then so it no wonder youre so good!

and to my surprise huy becoming a moderator has been pretty awesome, the pac west tourney page is hella organized, not to mention the "upcoming" tourney part of pac west is being updated regularly (i'm assuming its because of huy?)

and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the sb thread has been free of spam! huy has only been moderately posting here! lol keep it up huy =D

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Is anyone playing Project: M today? Also yes, Caleb, it was me entering in the tournaments and putting it in chronological order. The funny thing was that just two minutes before I finished putting them in chronological order, Bionic was like "LOL, I just programmed SWF like two minutes ago to order them in order automatically by default."

I was like :facepalm: so I ended up wasting like 15 minutes for nothing because doing it manually requires me to copy paste delete like 14 times, LOL.

Stev

Smash Ace
dayum andy youve been playin since 2005?? melee was still in its MLG "golden" years then so it no wonder youre so good!
Andy didn't put on his try panties till like 08 or something. He sucked till then.

and to my surprise huy becoming a moderator has been pretty awesome, the pac west tourney page is hella organized, not to mention the "upcoming" tourney part of pac west is being updated regularly (i'm assuming its because of huy?)

and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the sb thread has been free of spam! huy has only been moderately posting here! lol keep it up huy =D
Not surprising. I told people to stop *****ing. I applaud Huy for his improvement

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
Steve you're a ***. I played competitively from 05-06. And yea, those were definitely the golden days of smash. I played Ken in tournament at one point. He only two stocked me lulz. Those were the days.. Then I quit for like 3 years and began again in early 2010.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Is anyone going to Smash Club today? I want to try out Project: :melee: Also second attempt at abusing my moderator powers (this time I was trying to have the song be automatically played in the background without manually clicking the start button):

[m]mG57tjQTtBY[/m]

Doesn't work. :( I guess only super moderators can do it. I was going to embed this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG57tjQTtBY

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
lol mrs is a mod

also a2z who did you beat to get 3rd at the sb tourney? who did vice lose to?
I lost my very first match in winners against Kirds.

Then from there I beat Wayne, Sebastian, ViceGrip, and Kirds. Then I lost to SRK.

Went Mario/G&W/Falco for the duration of the tournament.

Specifics:

vs Kirds, lost to his ICs on BF going G&W. I suck at that matchup period, on top of the fact it's really not that good for G&W lol. CPed him to Brinstar. He goes MK. I actually 9 him in tournament, but I **** up and drop the set.

Beat Wayne's Olimar 2-0 with G&W. First match might have been on Smashville. Second match was on Delfino, and I remember during one of my kills, I D-throwed him as the stage was rising and he couldn't get up in time to recover before the floor dropped out below him.

Beat Sebastian's Snake with Mario, I think both games took place on Smashville. He got mindgamed a lot by F-smash, I remember I F-smashed him for whiffing F-tilt1 lol.

Beat ViceGrip 2-0 with G&W, both matches on BF. I abused platforms quite a bit, D-tilting from above when I saw him approaching with F-airs/B-airs. First game I Bucketed his PK Thunder for a gimp.

Lost to Kirds on BF with Mario in losers. Took him to Lylat, platform/fireball camped a lot. Last stocks for both of us, he grabbed me next to the edge when I had no midair jump. He tries to edgehog. I read this, Cape Stall, and stagespike him with Up-B winning that match. Game 3 was on Smashville, I forgot what happened exactly but somehow I had 2 stocks, he had 1, and Nana must have been like footstool gimped or something like that lol. Outgaying him after that was pretty simple.

Game 1 against SRK was my Falco vs his DK...match lasted 7 minutes 45 seconds and ended when I edgetrapped him at like 270% with weak B-air. Then he proves that my Falco sucks, destroying it convincingly with his ROB. I CP him to Brinstar as Mario, he goes DK, he's at like 160%, I'm at like 100%, and I somehow get U-smashed. Then I basically let my G&W get 2stocked on BF last match vs his DK.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
David Mendez's username is mrawesomepants. :) Not sure about Andrej's. Also is anyone trying to stay home to watch the Pound V Melee livestream if it gets tethered or will you all play Melee and wait for the videos?
Not the least bit true. Please dont answer for people.

Its burnsasaurous but never play anymore. I might get back into if caleb and andrej want to team.

So how did project M go? I would love to play this week before smash club if anyone is down. I dont have a wii though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I feel most of us didn't really care too much for Project M.

I'll let Dante and Caleb speak for themselves. I personally did not like the subtle differences in mechanics and timing. For example, inputting an airdodge occurs from a light trigger input. It really changes the timing of wavelands and wavedashes. I was bothered by how the timing for Mario's B-air -> waveland was different especially. Also, Mario and Ganon for instance cannot fullhop waveland off the low platforms on DL64.

Balancewise, I feel the developers do at least know what they're doing there. The original top tier characters seem mostly like they were in Melee, while other characters are tweaked to be comparably powerful. Afaik, Link still sucks though.

I don't like that they made footstooling U-taunt. You do not expend a jump when inputting footstools where there is no character, so I feel that the option is too easy to do reliably.

tbh, I feel that the game will really mess up people who play Melee competitively given how there are many subtle things that significantly change execution. It's okay, but I would very much rather play Melee.

shanus

Smash Hero
Link is thought to be one of the better chars i nthe PM cast - so I'm not too sure why you think otherwise. Ask CubaisDeath for a local CA opinion, if you want.

I also challenge you to consciously add footstooling into your gameplay with it remapped. I doubt you will use them frequently at all so that point I think is completely null. Remapping them removes any form of accidental footstools which have a fairly ******** interaction box to begin with.

Regarding complaints on Dreamland FH waveland and Bair->Waveland - those are all side effects of landing detection, a point which I know you are familiar with since I know you somewhat frequently read the PM thread. The fact of the matter is if we can fix it, we will, but we simply don't have a solution for it yet in the demo. If we can get a working LD code, then the timing for Bair waveland should be identical.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
yeah the timing for wavedashing is different, I didn't realize it was because of airdodge occuring from light triggering. and the game makes wavedashing out of shield almost impossible since you can't hold both R and L at the same time. Other than that it was pretty close though.

Top Bottom