• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Results:

Melee Singles:

1st: Andymosity ($23)
2nd: Huy (metalreflectslime) ($11)
3rd: Andrej (theguywhowobbledm2k) ($4)
4: Sheen
5: Marty
5: Dante
7: Guzik
7: Spooner
9: Ryan Berny
9: Jag
9: Matt Greenfield
9: David
13: Thad
13: Luckless
13: Naps
13: Masatoshi
17: Phaedrus
17: Br!T
17: Rodnyo Ibanez

Brawl Singles:

1st: Warpstatus ($13)
2nd: Bright (SomeRandomKid) ($7)
3rd: A2ZOMG ($2)
4: Kirds
5: ViceGrip
5: Samlan
7: Cbass (panic)
7: Nathan
9: Wayne
9: Abraham
9: Raul

Too lazy to post Melee doubles, which was a really small side event anyway...
here ya go steve

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
Wayne: I remember you. I'll show you my brawl skillz one day lol
Chris: SB needs to be victim of your dk***ness challenge. that's bound to lower their morale

guywhowobbledM2K

Smash Cadet
tourney was good, slo guys were all cool. I learned that steve is a dirty sandbagger when it comes to friendlies(get owned david), I want to play more mewtwo vs kirby with sheen and andy's samus is just straight class. I think i found link to be my vs samus solution after the tourney was already over but floaties are still really difficult for me to deal with. Had some frightening matches early in the tourney vs gosusheep, glad i pulled the last 2 out somehow.

Stev

Smash Ace
oh its done, I got this. yall dont know about my roy
10 bucks says you get 4 stocked

tourney was good, slo guys were all cool. I learned that steve is a dirty sandbagger when it comes to friendlies(get owned david)
lol i wasn't trying to sandbag, I swear! I just had trouble focusing when it wasn't tournament! Besides, I usually play straight aggro in friendlies cuz playing all campy n **** gets too boring and people don't like it *cough* Andrej *****ing about 2 ****ing lasers *cough* LOL at mindgaming David on FoD tho

DanteFox

Smash Champion
dang I can't get my wii to read brawl so I can try out project m. someone tell me if it's any good. :[

In other news, huy has used his newfound mod powers to secretly edit the OP of this thread.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
im getting a pretty good deal (I think) from craigslist for the brawl =/

actually thinking about it im paying way too much! I shouldnt be paying more that 1 dollar because thats how much I think its worth! lololol

and heck yes stev! I call neutral color pikachu haha

CableCho57

Smash Lord
so im playing project m right now...

and it kinda sucks....

I cant pc edgehog lol

edit: nvm this game reeaallly sucks....

edit2: cant shino stall with shiek, ganons short hop isnt really like a short hop, a lot of the characters weights seem out of wack cant angle your shiel

just overall not very fluid but really choppy

edit3: the online play seemed kinda cool but OMG its sooooo laggy...

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
A.S. Tech Committee says they won't move the date because they are still salty about David Mendez not sharing his article, video, and other stuff. Smash Club isn't really on good terms with A.S. Tech. The good news is that they haven't banned David Mendez and we can still use their venue for the LPT but it will still be on a Sunday. Has David Martin Chao uploaded the results on AiB yet? I want to see my medals. :)

Also Caleb, Project: M isn't fully completed yet. They won't fully release it until the game mechanics are as good as Melee's since their main goal is to make it seem like a seamless transition between the two games. I got like a bacon cheese burger at Deja Vu Cafe last night at like 1:45 AM which was like 5 minutes before they closed. Also, I didn't like Kogilicious on Saturday. :(

Stev

Smash Ace
Ya, I go project m working, it just feels different. And I'm not a fan of characters landing on their feet instead of knees. Except for falcon for some reason.

Stev

Smash Ace
On a side note for slo people hoping to play either lacked melds or project m, my dad is gonna be here tomorrow and Friday night. I MIGHT be free after 9 or 10 on either night

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys should give it a little time. I havent played it yet but I just think of it as a new game in the series and not everything from melee will be completely intact nor should it be, not to mention it is simply a demo. But I still need to play it.

Also AS tech is kinda dumb if they are "mad at me" I posted the video. If they wanted the actual file it is not difficult to contact TBL or me since I posted on their facebook page. I wonder what the rest of you did to not be on good terms with AS tech.

shanus

Smash Hero
so im playing project m right now...

and it kinda sucks....

I cant pc edgehog lol

edit: nvm this game reeaallly sucks....

edit2: cant shino stall with shiek, ganons short hop isnt really like a short hop, a lot of the characters weights seem out of wack cant angle your shiel

just overall not very fluid but really choppy

edit3: the online play seemed kinda cool but OMG its sooooo laggy...
uhhh.

you can do all of the things you posted there. Are you sure you have it installed properly?

As examples, Melee's top tiers, weights, physics, etc are direct ports out of melee .dat files. So their hitboxes, sizes, durations, tc are exact replicas from melee. The landing might feel different due to the nature of landing detection in brawl, though, and this is a sore spot for ganon in particular (especially on dair through platforms). However, I don't really get your complaints since everything you mentioned as one is easy to do in PM....

CableCho57

Smash Lord
really? I onno some stages were hella small, specifically dreamland.

@shanus, I only played the game for like half an hour but all the things I mentioned were what I experienced. Especially the pc edgehog, I tried that a bunch of times.

another thing I noticed was when I hit a character, lets say with falcos dair, there was a lot of flashyness/hit animation (if you know what I mean?) that made it a little harder to visually see the characters and follow up combos. kinda hard to explain

But all in all its better than brawl and thats what matters lol

edit: plus this can be a great gateway for brawl players to warm up to melee. (new characters and "better" graphic johns)

Top Bottom