• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saskatchewan Social: Jigglypuff! Thousands of them!

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Minus if your ever comming to regina I think you should give me a shout becuase I really want to play you and im sure Greg would too since iv started to get him some more desire to play some more smash... its just to bad Mitch is in Australia. If Greg or I cant beat you Mitch is good at throwing out random pwnage with his falcon... but anyways yea... id like to get some playing time in with you before cast4
Hahaha well I can't exactly say when I might be out there, but I really don't know. You guys ever plan on coming here? We should all definetly meet up and play somewhere before cast though.

Ya.. I still suck at Melee but I've been practising. My Brawl game is unmatched though I think I only fear Robs snake if he's still maining snake and practising. I was using MK long before the tier list came out so DONT JUDGE me. jk. Might switch it up to Zelda/Shiek though. Never know.
I like brawl more than melee (don't judge me either) so yeah... I'll change that whole "unmatched" thing.

****! time to make a Saskatchewan PR!

show em how its done nate!
I second this. I'm curious.
As far as who I've played and whatnot... this is as accurate as I can get...
Melee:
1. Minus
2. Lumys
3. Zeriph/Trev

Brawl:
1. Minus
2. Lumys
3. ????

Only thing known for sure is that I ****.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that I beat Llumys.

And if Regina peeps can't make it out here, we could always just road trip down there for a tournament. I'd drive if people provided gas moolah.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
I like brawl more than melee (don't judge me either) so yeah... I'll change that whole "unmatched" thing.
I can't wait! :chuckle:

And if Regina peeps can't make it out here, we could always just road trip down there for a tournament. I'd drive if people provided gas moolah.
I swear to you sometime in the near future. I will play Saskatoon. You guys can count on that.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
I can only hope. There's going to be about 4 new challengers arriving.

In other news though, I think I've secured a van that's pretty cheap on gas for transportation to cast4.

Saskatooner

Smash Rookie
Any saskatoon smashers want to get together and play some rounds some time? i didn't know others existed.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I know its in to hate brawl, but when you just bandwaggon and you're actually uninformed on how to play well. (everyone having no idea falco was as good as I was using him that day) it makes me lose respect for you.

Anyways... could we PLEASE implement entry fee/prize money? Even something like $2 would be good. Doesn't hurt anyone's pockets and actually gives people incentive to win...

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say I'm bandwagoning or doing it because it's the 'in' thing. I just don't like it. It's an odd thing, because I really tried to like it. I'm cool with anyone else liking it, I just... don't. Almost like how Isai stopped taking Melee seriously. Llumys showed me how Falco played (and I've seen it before as well in videos), I just... didn't really care. I'm sorry if I'm offending you.

And yeah, I'm thinking we're shifting entry fee into the prize money. Think it should be 1st/2nd/3rd, or winner takes all? I'm partial to people who didn't win first getting at least something.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Also, if anyone in Regina's available for Saturday's tourney, tell me. I think I may be able to pick you up.
Hi there! *waves* I'll pm you my adress or if you want to meet somewhere?

And it should be first and second who get the winnings. But third place is ok. Boo MK might get banned... I think I might just fall back on Falco or maybe Marth.

You used to like Brawl Rob, what happened to you?!?!?! I baught Melee last week.

XeroGravity

Smash Rookie
rob realized that melee was where its at... man i just had a good afternoon destroying my buddy 3 stock every match with all my chars

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Hi there! *waves* I'll pm you my adress or if you want to meet somewhere?
I feel really weird about asking for your address. That and I can't really navigate Regina much more than the outer rim/main roads. Is Southland still a good place to meet up?

You used to like Brawl Rob, what happened to you?!?!?! I baught Melee last week.
rob realized that melee was where its at... man i just had a good afternoon destroying my buddy 3 stock every match with all my chars
No, I wouldn't put it so black-and-white. Before Brawl came out, I was nuts for it. Absolutely; I picked up on every little update the second it came out. I waited 8 hours on release day (by accident, I didn't quite know the store hours), I played it... and within two weeks it lost its appeal. It was the most unfathomable thing I could experience. I mean, I was playing melee right up until 3 days prior, and it still wasn't old; I seriously didn't know what was up.

And I put more time into looking into what it could be that was bugging me so much, and it gradually grew to a point where I just couldn't take the game seriously anymore when April rolled around. I'd still play it, but I had come to the conclusion that I just liked Melee more. Every once in a while I'll get the urge to play it, but then I'll put it back down before long.

That being said, I'm still crazy for SNAAAAKE even if he's stacked, and Red as well. Dedede to a lesser extent.

Regardless of what I think anyway, it's just how I feel; it really shouldn't impact anyone in any way. Personal opinion should never come before comraderie. I've just made a decision to not take Brawl seriously unless I find good reason to.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
I feel really weird about asking for your address. That and I can't really navigate Regina much more than the outer rim/main roads. Is Southland still a good place to meet up?
Yep sure. But what time? I actually might call you in about half an hour from the time of this post.

And ya Brawl is my favourite game, I'm not in the mood to lie, and until I become comfortable with my Melee game I'm staying out of the Melee Metagame. Maybe in a months or so. But ya I love Brawl.. I'm not blind though I've been through this site quite a few times and I know the appeal of both Melee and brawl. And I like Brawl, I guess that's just how I am.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
If the Boat floats, ride it.

Hmm. Say around 9:30 - 10:00? It's two hours tops to Regina, then another 2 (I suppose) to Stoon. Is Sean or Greg available?

Of course, Nelson should be coming with, too. So there's room for one more/two more if you're kinda skinny.

Skinnier than me, anyway.

It also means that we might be needing TVs, fellas. If you can bring, please do. Systems, too.

Hope to see you guys there.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Update: Hah, the people here flaked on me. Meet me at Southland at 9:00 am, bring who you will.

I'm bringing 2 TVs and a Wii, one copy of each game. I hope everyone else will be able to bring more.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Brawl singles: Minus. With special guest victim Blitz.

Melee Singles: ortin and Blitz dead last. Minus wins. Three new challengers arrived. Monty brings a friend.

20characters1

Smash Rookie
Hi, everyone I haven't posted in a long time or even read these boards in a long time but i'll give it a go , So i was wondering are these Saskatoon based tournys do they happen at regular intervals? what im really looking to do is to play against better people than me, since the people i normally play against are good, but i dont believe they are that good so i cant really improve at all since no one can routinely beat me. I play both Melee and Brawl what is the groups stance on including people like myself who is just looking for a few friendly matches against random people that are better than me? i am willing to participate in a tourny but i dont think it would be that much fun just losing right away. if someone wants to pm me a response ill also check this board for activity for the next week or so

XeroGravity

Smash Rookie
did I answer? i must of been sleeping friday night was a long one =p next tourney im going 100% if your going rob. Ill try to get greg off his *** as well

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Hi, everyone I haven't posted in a long time or even read these boards in a long time but i'll give it a go , So i was wondering are these Saskatoon based tournys do they happen at regular intervals? what im really looking to do is to play against better people than me, since the people i normally play against are good, but i dont believe they are that good so i cant really improve at all since no one can routinely beat me. I play both Melee and Brawl what is the groups stance on including people like myself who is just looking for a few friendly matches against random people that are better than me? i am willing to participate in a tourny but i dont think it would be that much fun just losing right away. if someone wants to pm me a response ill also check this board for activity for the next week or so
Ya just try and show up at the next tourny. It shows everything you need to know about it in the first page of this topic.

I have only been to one and that was like 2 months ago. I plan on going next time if things work out smoothly.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Can't tell you. I wasn't watching. But to the best of my knowledge, it wasn't a shutout.
Its true, my melee marth DID lose a match last tournament!
I hope we have a healthy combination next tournamnet of all the different groups who've showed up. Things are getting extra fun/interesting.

D

Deleted member

LOL nate is winning tournaments with his MELEE MARTH??

talk about ghetto

ghettooooooooooooooooo

XeroGravity

Smash Rookie
he has yet to play the other 3 guys who also ***** everyone else... and our arguably best player is in Australia for a for a few more months.... his captain falcon has a masters in pwning marth.

Top Bottom