• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sauga Tourney $10 entry NO VENUE FEE Aug 8 Brawl BONUS Prize free passes to fan expo!

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Well atleast people are being mature about the situation.
Great impression you guys are giving representing your community by the way.

I was not mad in anyway. I just didn't like the fact that he is advertising his tournament with the expense of ours. Then making it worse by making me look like a guy who is just cooking up schedules and entry fees. Everything I did was from the communities suggestion so that one was a low blow. All in all, I wished him the best of times with his tournament and same thing with people going there instead.

Let's just have fun this weekend.

NeoRussell

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Supercansir don't worry about the wii and brawl i'm pretty sure i have 10 setups i'll be confirming that on friday though. If anything have setups ready guys i will update you all on friday night.

Also guys, i was talking to playgrounds inc and they have some new people coming into the community too aroudn 5-10 people sooo if you guys see faces you don't know sandbag a bit so we can keep the community going. Make sure they have a good time and don't discourage anyone from playing. If all goes well this could help revive our brawl community.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Can't make it, family johns.
<________________________<

*~*~*~
Hmm... maybe I should get to this, and just make sure to hit money, then I can pay for Havoc in the Hammer.

It's pure fractactical genius, it can't fail. :flame:

:046:

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Wow another tourney due to family johns? you sure its not I'm too poor johns marik? lol -____-...

This post was proudly brought to you by Thane Direct :chuckle:

I'll be coming, in the brose mobile of course, I'll chip in for gas.

:diddy: :diddy: :falco: :falco: :snake: :snake: :metaknight: :metaknight: :rob: :rob: :dedede: :dedede:

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys Update On Situation, The Venue Stays Free But We Have To Bring Our Copies Of Brawl. Please Bring A Copy Of Brawl Otherwise We'll Have Setups But No Brawl Discs. This is the only way the veune can stay free so please bring brawl discs that is the condition they called me with today.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
lol holy its possibly 1000, the prize details r TBA but from what i saw it was 5000 to be distributed among halo 3, sf4, brawl, ufc. So i was assuming brawl would get liek 500-1000. Prizes are tba though so you never know. Halo 3 and sf4 is probably gonna take the majority of that 5000. I can't guarantee u 1000 prize for that. its still in discussion.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Do I get to keep the fan expo pass if I get top 3? I heard theres a 1000$ prize at that. Ill still pay for gas. >_<
NO YOU MUST GIVE IT TO ME

hahaha I kid. But from where I come from, gas is $50. That's totally not the price of a Fan Expo pass or anything either. Honest!

But seriously, there's NO WAY Brawl is going to get $1000. All the Halo events will probably take at least $1000 alone, and I'm pretty sure SF4 and UFC will have priority over Smash in the eyes of the company. So don't feel like you have to keep that Fan Expo pass Holy ^_____^

you don't need to pay for gas lol.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
I think it was by the 18th we'd hav a more clear view of the prize distribution for smash. IMO that means holy should leave his pass with anthony and if the prize pot isn't worth holy busing up to here to play then anthony could go haha. If its worth it though anthony u'd hav to fork it over haha. But if u did take his pass u'd hav to enter the tournament named as holy LOL

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Wow another tourney due to family johns? you sure its not I'm too poor johns marik? lol -____-...

This post was proudly brought to you by Thane Direct :chuckle:

I'll be coming, in the brose mobile of course, I'll chip in for gas.

:diddy: :diddy: :falco: :falco: :snake: :snake: :metaknight: :metaknight: :rob: :rob: :dedede: :dedede:
Loool. Urban legend.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Im assuming theres a SF4 in the same venue but is it on the same day and is it Xbox or PS3 and whats the fee to get in that tourny.
I might come to this with my friend Bug and If we do we can bring a copy of Brawl forsure but im still not sure if we can make it.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I think it was by the 18th we'd hav a more clear view of the prize distribution for smash. IMO that means holy should leave his pass with anthony and if the prize pot isn't worth holy busing up to here to play then anthony could go haha. If its worth it though anthony u'd hav to fork it over haha. But if u did take his pass u'd hav to enter the tournament named as holy LOL
This part made me LOL so hard, anywho Im coming with the brosemobile cause Ill be hanging with Doc and its way closer. I dunno what Ill do with the pass its to early to say and who saying I will place top 3? Maybe I will super fail and get last place :embarrass

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Question, 2 actually.

1.) Are all the entry fees going to be contributed into a pot thats dealt 60 30 10?

2.) The raffle tickets, you say that theres an LCD and game system w 3 games as 2 seperate prizes, is that just for Brawlers only? Or is that for everyone else participating in the tourney regardless of what game.

I'm really not in the mood to be depending on luck, I think ima skip this tourney and just go to t10 with Nate.

fallenphoenix

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure i'll be there too, might bring a friend or something as well :p
yo i'm a kid so are there these "adult only" rules?
and i'll bring a copy of Brawl if Needed

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Doc: Yes doc all the entry fees will be contributed into the pot. Hence the no venue fee. So if we have 30 people going thats a 300 dollar pot get it? and yes the raffle tickets isn't for brawlers only, its among all of the people regardless of the game. Its still worth it though fo 10 bucks u get to play in tournament and get a chance to win those, especially if u place well doc.

Phoenix: I don't understand what you mean by adult only rules, but those are the rules the smashboards generally agrees on like the stages, and cheap tactics that shouldn't be used. Just read em over and if you don't understand something i'll explain it to you. Also guys since there is a kid going now tone the language down when we're playing please. I hope you have a good time on saturday phoenix. If you feel a bit discouraged don't worry we're a really nice community you can go up to pretty much anyone and talk to them.

Imee: No the only tournament thats happening is Brawl, sf4 setups are just for casuals. Its a 360 so bring your own pad/stick and have fun.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Also guys since there is a kid going now tone the language down when we're playing please.
i dont think i can go 2 sentances without swearing lol

especially not in brawl when something gay happens

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
lol GI i could only imagine if you played him and you like tripped into an fsmash or something, u'd prolly throw the controller at the kid lolol. Lol fatal i'm gonna play u and spam nado, lets see how much resisting u can do to swearing haha

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
So doc are you really not going? the raffle is something extra the venue owners threw in for us on the side and same with the fan expo passes. The pot is definately split 60/30/10 with no potrape because there IS NO VENUE FEE. The only condition was that we bring our copies of brawl so thats all settled.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I need to go to something, so I'll think it over tonight. Bus directions please from Square One?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Im gonna call silverdoc, he told me he was going and we were supposed to met. Also hum can anyone house me >_<, I dont wanna sleep outside :(

EDIT:
Bringing 2 brawl game disk and I think dimmy is housing me :D

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Holy I shotty your pass for fan expo if you get top 3 hahaha. It doesn't seem like anyone in the smash community besides myself wants to go anyways, and we're bffs :)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
****..Once again, my attendance has because of the fact that my cousins are at my house for the next week. But Dimmy, give me a call. I still wanna go. But at least this time it's more of a maybe then a maybe not.

WOOT! Once again, something has happened to prevent me from attending a tourney.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
No the biggest problem right now leafybug is that there are 10 wiis BUT they have blank brawl saves!.

Wiis as of right now

Dimmy x3
Joe x1
Hype x2
playgrounds x1

leafy can i sitll take u tmr? i'm trying to call right now

Top Bottom