• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sawndz 0.1 - Replace SFX in seconds

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Yes it's riivolution exsclusive...

unless you use USB launchers... but that's controversial at best.

i have to use them for i don't have 200$ to fork over for a whole new wii console.

now before moderators go off and say "you has illegal software, you use warez!!!!"

no i don't. my wii disc drive got old (the 2006 model from November) and can no longer read Dual Layered games. like Metroid The Other M (feel like i wasted 60$, and didn't make a back up copy either so i'm screwed...) so i had a copy of Brawl for hacking methods. and decided to pull out my 8GB USB stick. it took me a few hours to figure out the whole thing. like i said, i would prefer to use a DISC, and use my 8GB what it was intended for. my Mugen game...

so yes it's riivolution exsclusive. or if you burn a whole new disc, or play it via usb.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The reason smashbros_sound.brsar won't work with Gecko is because the File Patch Code support it.
Riivolution and ISO editing both replace the files at a deeper level, not relying on the game's code. This is also why they work with games besides Brawl.

EDIT: Yay for hex packets! Now it'll be easier to distribute SFX.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hex packet support?
I've been waiting for this :bee:

EDIT: I'm kinda confused on how to get the numbers for everything. Mind helping me out?

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Awesome job on hex packet support. I was worrying about how to distribute more hacks after this. This is an awesome idea, but I see a flaw for making hex packets. People aren't going to know to add up the numbers to get the beginning offsets for the hex packets. If they did what I just did, they will put in the Wave dataoffset and next sound dataoffset and then get a strange block of text instead of a sound file. Can you implement two more boxes that print the offsets that the sounds and fixes are pasted at?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
@Segtendo: How to fill the fields?

Next wave offset is the wave offset for the next wave on the list.
As for hex packets, the simpliest way is to take offset of the whole group as beginning (for Mario it would be data 1 offset of snd_group_chara_mario) and offset of next group as the ending (for Mario it would be data 1 offset of snd_group_chara_link). But there is a flaw - generating the file takes some time (like a minute or two).
Simplified solution for distributing single sounds isn't done yet.

@stickman: I'll do this.

u got served

Smash Rookie
When replacing Victory taunts they become high pitched for some reason, all the frequencies are correct so im not sure why they do that. This only occurs when replacing the Victory taunts for any character. Replacing anything else works smoothly and sounds normal.

EDIT: I also tried other frequencies but they all had the same high pitched results.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
High pitched? Make sure the frequency of wave matches the frequency values both in the program and in Smashbox.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Replacing that sound with your dat worked fine - sound plays in Smashbox exactly like it played in Audiacity.
It must be a problem with your wav - it has to be mono and have frequency 22050.
Now I'll try with a different sound to make sure.

edit: Worked fine too.

u got served

Smash Rookie
0_0 well i redumped my game and extracted a fresh .brsar file and tried again and it works using both the new file as well as the old .brsar file.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, hex packets don't seem to work with the latest version
They should. Everything hex packet functions do is pasting the file into another one (or copying the data to a new file). I've tested them. Please post the links to the hex packets that don't work with the program.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
for object convert_obj:

Error reading byte.

for object convert_obj:

Error reading byte.

for object convert_obj:

Error reading byte.

for object convert_obj:

Error reading byte.

for object convert_obj:

Error reading byte.

What does this error mean?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
all i want to do is replace some of the on hit sounds in brawl with the melee ones.

the sound i tried to replace is sound 51 in the "snd_group_joucyu" group.

i entered all the data according to how its stated in this thread. how do i generate a dat file?

here's the sound i'm trying to replace with 51: http://www.mediafire.com/?jzo9p9qs9nnac6t

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
1955E0
1A6160

This is the data that I'm inputting.

edit: so i was able to get sawndz to import the sound successfully.. however i'm not able to open the brsar in smashbox anymore.

I get this error:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Maybe I entered the data wrong?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Here is how it should look like.
Char. group offset 1 - 1955E0
Char. group offset 2 - 1A6160
Folder data offset 1 - 0
Folder data offset 2 - 0
Wave data offset - 78060
Next wave data offset - 7B580
Wave ID - 51
Frequency - 22050

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Yea, I just figured that out. But Smashbox doesn't want to open it anymore giving me the error listed above. I want to check if the sound was imported correctly.

I tried importing the original sound back into the brsar, but smashbox still refuses to open it.

Here's the error smashbox gave me:

I uploaded the sound again, but this time with some adjustments I made in audacity that i thought would make it work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?a2kpfcrmybpxab2

I tried convert&insert no fix and convert&insert with the fix, i tried the 32 bit fix, the full fix, but nothing seems to help.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
The problem is you've shown the errors that could only occur in Sawndz (mouse events, left released etc).

Use a backup of brsar.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
If your backups don't work either, there must be something wrong with them.

Try to apply that single punch sound on a clean brsar file with the data I provided.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
You're right, I have to check my data. Coming back soon.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I can confirm that my backups open just fine in smashbox, and I don't need to download a fresh brsrar. it's a problem with the wav, i think because i was able to import an exported wav back into the brsar and it was able to open again with no problem..

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I tried importing that file using the data you gave me, same error in smashbox.
Using this data btw:
1955E0
1A6160
7B580

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
nope. no luck.

BTW, that's not the sound i'm trying to import fyi :p
I'm aware of it. This is the sound I used in that slot. ;p

I've tested those in 3 versions of Sawndz. Still not working. Really weird, as I got it to work few weeks ago. I keep trying.

EDIT: It's ridiculous I forgot about it, but my sound works with fixless insertion. If it won't work with it, it's a problem with your wav.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
cool. got yours to work. now let's try mine. in the mean time, can you type up your process/program you use to convert the sounds correctly?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Haven't listened to them, but I think this is because of fix not applied. Hopefully, this will be solved one day and you'll be able to apply fix to every sound.

Top Bottom