• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sawndz 0.1 - Replace SFX in seconds

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So, can someone tell me how you would go about replacing say, Naruto's SFX over Jigglypuff's? Given hex packets that is, would it even work? Considering each character has a different amount of hex data for their sounds and all

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Sawndz supports any hex packets. If you have the starting offset of the data to be replaced (should be in readme of rar with hex packet), you're ready to go.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Nice job! I like it.
I only have two concerns.

The "Insert (32 Bytes Fix)" should be renamed to something like "Insert (With Fix)" or something like that because 32 bytes is a lie haha. If I change the frequency, it will include that in the hex packet and that is more than 32 bytes

and secondly, could you make the frequency divide do something when it is equal to 1? i tried messing with the frequencies of some sounds i already replaced and it would change every time i had a new number in the frequency divide form, but if 1 was in there to make it go back to normal, it would not affect the sound.

but i LOVE LOVE LOVE the auto hex packet maker. it's so convenient!

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.
About the first thing, it's a detail, but now I fixed it. lol
Second, Frequency Divide isn't fully working yet. I'm fairly sure when the frequency first was 18000 and I type in Frequency Divide 1.5, the outcome shouldn't be 57390. And when I modified the inserting to always change frequency, 18000 becomes 20550 if 1 is in the box.

edit: just figured out, I think. instead of modifying 2 bytes, I took 4. Now I'll check if it starts working now.
edit2: nope
edit3: after manual edits, i got the effect i've wanted. now i've gotta search for the bug
edit4: FIXED, Sawndz 0.061 up. I hope I did not mess anything up while reparing it (let me know if I did)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ol8zn09gdpqvu53

stickman

Smash Apprentice
i didn't have a chance to test it out, but did you get the first group to work?

and can i be a pain in the butt and ask for Tab button support when entering numbers into the forms? It's not a big deal, just a little thing that bug the OCD side of me :p

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
i didn't have a chance to test it out, but did you get the first group to work?

and can i be a pain in the butt and ask for Tab button support when entering numbers into the forms? It's not a big deal, just a little thing that bug the OCD side of me :p
Yes, got that group to work.

About TAB, I find it barely useful in Sawndz (as it's all about copying stuff), but I'll do this ;p

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
New version up.

Sawndz 0.07 offers only one, but big new feature - automatic generation of sound.wav. What you need to use it is:
- SoX in directory with Sawndz - http://sox.sourceforge.net/
- Frequency and Length of wav fields filled
When you're ready, click Generate sound.wav, select your sound and voila.
Report any bugs. After I fix them, Sawndz 0.071 will be released. Also, if there is something wrong about usage of SoX, please let me know too.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ec9pb54zzcnh9ja

EDIT: If you have pause in your sound, Generate sound.wav will not work properly. SoX gives a wrong length value. Anyone who can help, please PM me.
EDIT2: Seems like those problems were caused by outdated SoX. Don't hesitate to test the new version, Generate sound.wav makes sound swapping a LOT quicker. I'll be still working on the new feature, though.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Version 0.071 up.

- Generate sound.wav bugfixes. That option makes inserting sounds hell simpler, as after you fill out the fields, you don't need to fiddle with sound editors to make your sample ready to insert. USE IT. NAO
- Automatic hex packet creation bugfix.

http://www.mediafire.com/?to0plxtz80k9pib

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Will there ever be a day when this becomes so simple all I'll have to do is put in a sound file and tell it which effect to replace and it'll go through?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Yes, there will (I'd even say we're pretty damn close to that).

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Right on! Been outta the scene for a while and I don't understand a WORD of the conversations anymore.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
If I'm replacing the last wave in the folder, what would I type in the "Next Wave Offset"? I tried once leaving it at zero and it didn't work, and another time leaving it blank and it also didn't work.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
YES.
*downloads*
EDIT: Tried it. This is as simple as it gets. I understood everything and got to inserting ASAP. The sounds work flawlessly in Smashbox with no errors or anything. I'll post back once I try in game.

Top Bottom