• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Smash — Official Compendium

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yay isnt an honorable mention Because he does not attend tournies.
No hate, I'm stating facts. Honorable Mentions are where "People of notable skill, but do not place consistently at tournaments are put"
Read what I say, unless you're illiterate. If that's the case, I'll apologize for that last statement

From what I recall, Yay went to Genesis because he started going to tournaments and winning that money. I wish -I- could win $700 to go to Genesis with 4th, 1st, and 1st at 3 sub-par attendance tournaments on my resume. That'd be sweet.

I'm just going with what you guys give me.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I just want to pause a second and tell you ETwist and RDZL are two ****in' awesome guys and I'm so glad to have them in the Melee scene here.

Ask Twist about his hour long tech chase on RDZL today LOL
ask RDZL about his Jigglypuff >_> *correction* ask him about last minute Misfires
ask me about my R button being stuck in and me rolling for like a minute

but yah these guys are awesome xD

edit : ask all of us about a 3way Falco ditto which made no sense whatsoever

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Read what I say, unless you're illiterate. If that's the case, I'll apologize for that last statement

From what I recall, Yay went to Genesis because he started going to tournaments and winning that money. I wish -I- could win $700 to go to Genesis with 4th, 1st, and 1st at 3 sub-par attendance tournaments on my resume. That'd be sweet.

I'm just going with what you guys give me.
Math time. If everlasting yay took FIRST ever tourney he went to in sc in the two months before genesis (which he didnt) Theres no way he would have made more than 200 bucks. The pot split at every tourney being 60/30/10.

No way.At all.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I just want to pause a second and tell you ETwist and RDZL are two ****in' awesome guys and I'm so glad to have them in the Melee scene here.

Ask Twist about his hour long tech chase on RDZL today LOL
ask RDZL about his Jigglypuff >_> *correction* ask him about last minute Misfires
ask me about my R button being stuck in and me rolling for like a minute

but yah these guys are awesome xD

edit : ask all of us about a 3way Falco ditto which made no sense whatsoever
:D Or ask about my 3 stock comeback on falco with DK at 200%. Get at me.

edit: yea, there was lots of unexplained sh*t happening in the 3 way falco dittoz xD

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Lmfao @ all this hate in this thread. You guys really need to chill out, it's BRAWL people. Seriously. I don't give a **** if they think I'm the greatest or the worst player in the state at the ****ty game because I'd destroy all of them in my game of choice, Melee.

I'll address everyone who is **** talking individually, since I'm bored and it's 4 am.

Why should he?
Because even though I haven't played the game since PRE-Genesis, I'd wager any amount of money in my pocket at the moment that I'd **** **** your **** in tourny. I'm smarter than you, and I'm just an all around better Smash player than you.

He's been to all of 3 tournaments in SC that I am aware of. I've been to 95% of every South Carolina Brawl tournament since Brawl came out.

The first one, his MK lost to a sonic, didn't place top 5.
He won a Tournament in Columbia. I don't remember the size of the bracket or who all was there(I didn't attend)
Then he won a 7 man tournament in Charlestown.

3 Tournaments does not warrant an honorable mention.

He's a fun guy, though his **** game talk was disappointing actually, after how much it was hyped up. He's good at smash. He probably is better then everyone below #4 on the PR, but 3 tournaments in two years is a joke to even mention his name for anything.

I also find it fascinating how everyone from outside SC knows so much about our state when I can nearly count how many people from outside our state have ever come to any SC tournament on 1 hand. Which is doubly ironic since the largest smash scene in south carolina is thirty minutes away from Charolette.
No, I won more than three tournaments, my man. It's just you only went to... one of them. I'd prefer people who actually knew what they were talking about to comment, since you are obviously not up to date on what is actually going on. I would list them off, but I'm lazy and don't feel like it. I've beaten Devin, the current number one, in EVERY SINGLE SET I've played him in. No offense to Devin, he's a good player, but come on, lol. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've beaten everyone on the list right now.

Since that FIRST tourny over a year ago, I haven't even dropped a set to you guys! Come on, lmfao. Get good.

Thats not true. Yay isnt on our power rankings because he refuses to play us.

Yay isnt an honorable mention Because he does not attend tournies.

But in all seriousness hes not as good as you think he is.

I wish everyone who didnt live in SC would stop having such a boner for yay.

hes a great guy, but ****.
You act like I'm like "aw **** man **** SC smash lolz i h8 u guise"

No. I just hate the game. It literally bores me to tears playing it. You guys are cool, but I'm not going to lose Melee skill to play a game I don't find enjoyable. I may not be "as good as everyone though lolol", but I **** sure am better than, uh... well, **** near all of you by a LARGE margin. The only person I'd ever worry about beating me in a set is Devin. Didn't I three stock you the last time we played in tourny? haw

An honorable mention is usually someone who shows exception skill in the game, who for whatever reason can not be on the PR.

Yayuhs is one of the best in your state.

Yayuhs however has not entered tournaments for possibly the last three or two months?

Because of that, he shouldn't be on the pr, because he isn't in your tournament results, however you all know that he better than a great deal of you. Therefore, he's on your honorable mentions.

Not putting him on because of how he acts towards you (which apparently goes both ways). Shows that your PR is biased towards people who are friendly with the panelists.

@lariet- i'm not saying he should be number 1, but he ***** most of the SC area apparently, which has nothing to do with whether GA's good or comes to your tournaments (we're coming to SC~U Mad btw). It's just from what we see. Why should he play with people that apparently don't like him.

Yay was practically a part of GA that he came down here so much, then he stopped, which is why we like the guy. We love SC in gen. But you guys don't come here much besides for Devin,snapp, kale, and bo (thanks for coming to comic-con btw)

oh and by the way guys, tip for tap. come to this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257559 . we're coming to U~Mad
GA is too cool, I love you guys.

ummm I don't think Yay gives a **** about being on the list, in fact he may not even want to be on it. and it's not that he "refuses to play WITH YOU" it's just he refuses to play. <--- PERIOD. He doesn't like Brawl.
That's like saying I refuse to play with you guys. I don't, I just live four hours away now. If I lived closer I'd come to Brawl-only events every now and again just to say whattup. but I don't. -_-

I always liked to think I was part of GA and Yay was part of NC. : )
No, I don't care about being on the list. I dislike the game and I don't find it fun. However, it doesn't change the fact that I'm a lot better than just about everyone on that list, even without playing the game at all. So yeah, don't put me on the list, but give credit where credit is due. ;)

Thanks Mike. You're pretty "k"ool yourself.

Truth be told, part of me wants to agree with SC, and part of me doesn't.

On one hand, Yay is still one of the best players in SC. If he came to "U~Mad", he would definitely place in Brawl, if he didn't win outright. But the fact still remains that he hates Brawl (As all sane people should), and uses it only to make money. And, tbh, from the way that Yay explained himself at Genesis, that's about the farthest thing from honorable, really.

Edit: @Lareit: My fox also beat him at the first GE tourney.
Mike G is pretty cool, I'll agree. Most people who play Brawl use it to make money, I'm just more vocal about it. You even said yourself that you played it for money, IIRC. And yes, let's all take Yay, the guy known for being a complete clown seriously. Haw haw haw. Seriously, if any of you ever take my insults or jokes seriously, something is wrong with your brain. I don't have any problems with anyone in the smash community. Also, I don't understand why people are bringing up wins from well over a year ago. Completely irrelevant.

Lol, whose Sonic put a MK out of the tourney????

Go team Jiosphinx??? lol
Same goes for you, sir. You beat me.. well over a year ago. Irrelevant. I came back and beat you after... not playing for almost a year. Teehee.

Math time. If everlasting yay took FIRST ever tourney he went to in sc in the two months before genesis (which he didnt)
Yes, I did. I haven't lost to any of you in a single tournament set since I played you guys starting early April? Please, direct me to where I got less than first.

-------------------------

Last but not least, Melee is better than Brawl and you should all play Melee.

All in all, I don't care if you have me on the list at all, doesn't hurt my feelings.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Math time. If everlasting yay took FIRST ever tourney he went to in sc in the two months before genesis (which he didnt) Theres no way he would have made more than 200 bucks. The pot split at every tourney being 60/30/10.

No way.At all.
Logic time.

First of all, that was at Lariet.

Second of all, you're the most gullible person I've ever met if you thought I was being -dead- serious. I was using his logic against him, OBVIOUSLY, because there is no way in hell that you can make $700 off three tournaments, especially if you're not winning them all. I'm not mentally ill, I was making fun of his logic.

Because he DID make that much money off of ALL the tournaments he went to (in which case he won) prior to Genesis. That's why he went to your tournaments in the first place, so that he could go to Genesis

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm going to call you out on the "fact" you stated. According to Yay, he did win every tournament he went to prior to Genesis. If he did not, I'm going to have to ask you to pull up tournament results for me. Shouldn't be too hard, you guys like to bring up matches from '08 as viable skill indicators anyway

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
(sorry if anything im posting comes off as ignorant, im pretty bad at arguing a point because i usually dont have to be the guy that goes into threads to argue with people from OOS.)

*sigh* Man. i really like yay.

I just dont understand why you persist on being the only right person on smash boards all the time, man.

Or why what goes on in our state should matter to you?

I just dont know why you, cause so much turmoil in our threads over something the person you keep bring up obviously dosent give a **** about.

Aren't you like, on bad terms with Dyno because he pound stalled you for 35 seconds during a low tier tourney?

So what if theres someway, by some stretch that yay won 700 plus bucks in what like, 5 9 man brackets.

Why does it matter to you? Just another person whos always johnning on how bad brawl is, yet always has some critical thing to say about the ones who play it. If you truly hate the game, Dont worry about where yay ranks among SC, a state full of "Scrubs" at "monthlies and weeklies and ****" Where someone could make "700" Dollars for a national tournament. That they Actually Wanted to come to.

Yay is a cool guy, But ****, most people just Suck his **** all the time. and players like devin get overlooked because of it, Waba guys Call devin a joke, And he had reflex scared the last time they played.

**** man, if your that worried about SC, Move here, i need some panelist for the PR board anyway. ;)

T.A.S

Lareit

Smash Ace
Yay, honest opinion SC power list should be
1. Devin
2. Ryan
3.Who da **** cares

The end. But devin knew my thoughts on the PR in the first place.

So there is no doubt you're at least(emphasis on at least) better then everyone below #4.

And how many tournaments did I miss really? TRC Columbia one, the Charleston 7 man joke fest with plasma pickmin lying on the Olimar boards about 25 people showing up and him taking you to the final match of the 2nd set in the grand finals, what more were there?

(Good placing yesterday snap)

Vicus

Smash Rookie
Logic time.

First of all, that was at Lariet.

Second of all, you're the most gullible person I've ever met if you thought I was being -dead- serious. I was using his logic against him, OBVIOUSLY, because there is no way in hell that you can make $700 off three tournaments, especially if you're not winning them all. I'm not mentally ill, I was making fun of his logic.

Because he DID make that much money off of ALL the tournaments he went to (in which case he won) prior to Genesis. That's why he went to your tournaments in the first place, so that he could go to Genesis

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm going to call you out on the "fact" you stated. According to Yay, he did win every tournament he went to prior to Genesis. If he did not, I'm going to have to ask you to pull up tournament results for me. Shouldn't be too hard, you guys like to bring up matches from '08 as viable skill indicators anyway
Get the **** out, Go outside, meet a girl, grow up.

your on the internet arguing about a video game.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Yay, honest opinion SC power list should be
1. Devin
2. Ryan
3.Who da **** cares

The end. But devin knew my thoughts on the PR in the first place.

So there is no doubt you're at least(emphasis on at least) better then everyone below #4.

And how many tournaments did I miss really? TRC Columbia one, the Charleston 7 man joke fest with plasma pickmin lying on the Olimar boards about 25 people showing up and him taking you to the final match of the 2nd set in the grand finals, what more were there?

(Good placing yesterday snap)
Based off active players, sure. I just said that I didn't care that I wasn't on it... mainly since I don't actively go to tournies for the game. But the fact still remains that there is a strong possibility that I can beat both Ryan and Devin in a tournament set.

PR are just dramaz anyway. Look at this thread.

Also lol PlasmaPikmin.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Based off active players, sure. I just said that I didn't care that I wasn't on it... mainly since I don't actively go to tournies for the game. But the fact still remains that there is a strong possibility that I can beat both Ryan and Devin in a tournament set.

PR are just dramaz anyway. Look at this thread.

Also lol PlasmaPikmin.
I concur, it's even bigger joke considering how weak the SC Smash scene in general is and how much crap was thrown around, sadly mostly by people not of the state.

moTT

Smash Cadet
Let's see, Devin.. There's only one tourny he didn't win.. And he went to at least 7-8 tournies. After that loss to Jman, he didn't lose a *single set* period. His ticket to genesis wasn't even $200, lol.. So yeah, it's pretty feasible. I remember him tallying the money up from it, and he still had tourny winnings after purchasing his ticket. So, more (facts) for you all (not opinions). He stayed above all of you during that entire period of time when he went to brawl tournies on and off. He never practiced, ever. I would know, we played melee all the time back then, and we still do. He wasn't amazing/**** at brawl, because no one is. He used his brains, because that's all brawl is. And lol @ you guys hopping on the ban MK bandwagon all because of him. More facts.. (MK really *is* his main, btw.)

What happened at the "MK = BANNED" (or whatever it was called) tournament @ TRC's house? Snake happened.

[[ Side note: Snap, I remember on one of the TO5 matches where Yay was commentating (and talking about how his SC brawl tourny winnings were enough to pay his ticket to Genesis) and you claimed he didn't **** you.. He 3-stocked you, then 2-stocked you in brackets. I remember him tech chasing your falco with snake all over the place, lmao. ]]

Yay's snake beat TGB and Devin in brackets.. It gets betta. TGB forfeited to Devin, seeing that as the best chance of beating Yay. It gets even better. What does Devin do? He's at 2 stocks very high, Yay's Snake is at *FRESH* 2 stock, near 0%.. Devin D3-cides him to tie it up at one stock, and at the end of the match, Yay alley-oop spikes Devin while he's trying to recover (must've left a sour taste).

Now, for my opinion.. Yeah, I won't be too cocky for him.. I dunno about BEST, but there's a good chance he could be top 3 at this moment with no practice. Anyway, don't hate me for all that I said, except for this last part. The rest really was all truth. <3

Rayku

Smash Lord
Personal attacks at Rayku
alright, broheim. First of all

When all this drama with SC began, it was -I- that was personally insulted by Devin, saying that I "wouldn't stand a chance against South Carolina's players." Then he came to our state, got T-bagged by one of our best players, said he "wasn't impressed," then I beat on him all night with my secondaries while we complained about Subway. Now he's ranked your #1 player, and apparently always has been.

Put simply, You guys don't really know how to argue at all because you put personal attacks at people above the actual point.

What does Dyno have anything to do with South Carolina? xD That doesn't make any sense at all

Yeah. Brawl sucks, I said it. It sucks as a competitive game, but I still have a mild amount of fun when I play with certain people. Johns? I don't john. That's just a word you're using to try and prove a point that's obviously false.

It's dumb to argue about this point anymore.

tl;dr ENTIRE ARGUMENT: Yay should be put on the "Honorable Mentions" by the -definition- of the phrase "Honorable Mention." Unless he specifically requests not to be on your power rankings at all.

P.S.
Nice try Vicus. Go to youtube with that logic lol

Purple

Hi guys!
any money matches want to go down at umad?

i'm done talking about you yay, in theend this isn't my state. And i'm not trying to bash them, but it seems to be coming out that way.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Wow I wonder If I can place well at one of these SC tourneys? :)

don't worry guys, I main Kirby...no MK here xD

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
WOOT! Fox in the PR's lol.
Glad To See Ya'll Worked Something Out!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
*ahem*

I hosted TWO tournaments btw. I saw two people mention "at TRC's one" but there were two...

and Yay won both... sorry not trying to add heat just... remember the two tourneys brozillas

T3h Albino

Smash Master
el oh el

So yeah guys, it's weird i don't know half of your pr. will i be seeing them on the 19th?
Lulz, no winterfest?

the bottom half of their pr is basically just the rest of sc. they need to have a list of 5.
Sounds like GA's PR cept maybe like a top 8.
HAI STINGERZ !

Then he came to our state, got T-bagged by one of our best players, said he "wasn't impressed," [ /QUOTE]

Me?

Wow I wonder If I can place well at one of these SC tourneys? :)

don't worry guys, I main Kirby...no MK here xD
Mike G's kirby is pretty dope, I remember he was wreckin me in crews that one day lol.

hey yo rayku

stop trollin'
Hungrybox let me borrow a dollar.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I haven't read past page 4, but I assume that the other 2 pages are just as mundane.

I will address this though

Mike G is pretty cool, I'll agree. Most people who play Brawl use it to make money, I'm just more vocal about it. You even said yourself that you played it for money, IIRC. And yes, let's all take Yay, the guy known for being a complete clown seriously. Haw haw haw. Seriously, if any of you ever take my insults or jokes seriously, something is wrong with your brain. I don't have any problems with anyone in the smash community. Also, I don't understand why people are bringing up wins from well over a year ago. Completely irrelevant.
Yeah, the tourney at GE is completely irrelevant, I agree. I was just pointing it out for brevity's sake.

No, I don't play Brawl for money. I never did. I don't have that kind of mindset. When I played Brawl, I played it for fun. Then I discovered it wasn't fun. And I'd much rather be subpar (but improving quickly) at an amazing game, then good at a bad one.

But (And I'm not going to find the specific video, it was at Genesis) I recall you talking about your trips to Lancaster as little more than self serving ATM visits. Forgive me if I thought it sounded a little like you were just taking advantage of us, but the only reason I did is because it sounded a lot like you were just taking advantage of us.

But I do agree with you. Melee is awesome, and you're really good at it. Much better than me.

B+ MM at Pound 4?

Top Bottom