• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Smash — Official Compendium

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I just want to leave this here.

The "PR's" are a farce. You cannot honestly call them a Power Ranking, because not even half the people deserve to be on them.

Outside of Devin, ARS, Ryan, and Khai, nobody else on that list even deserves mentioning. In fact, I would dare to say... No, that's not right. I would unabashedly say that without having played the game since sometime before HERB2, I could beat everyone 5 down in a set.

Oh, and if anyone gets all antsy challenging me on that. No, I will not MM you. No, I will not even play you. Live with my snarkiness, because you HAVE TO. Because I'm right.

That should be sufficient to start an argument for tomorrow. My work here is done.

EDIT: Snap is immune to everything I just said because he's amazing.

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
Looking for a Brawler

Sorry to start an off topic discussion away from Power ranking shenanigan, sonics, and all that jazz, but I have a serious proposition. I am planning on having my annual tournament this year again and I am going to actually have brawl there this time. Save the surprise and amazement for another time. I am looking for a tournament organizer who knows the community a little better who will co-run the brawl portion of the tournament with me and help with the rule sets.
I would do it myself but...

1.) I don't care enough about the game to know it or get to know it.

2.) At this point I really just want to give back to the community where I can. I am tired of piss poor debates on the validity of a video game and just enjoy meeting people with similar interests to myself in an environment of friendly competition.

Its not about the smash its about the people. Get ****ing hyped.
If your interested in helping out I am planning on having the tournament either January 2nd or 9th depending on when I am departing.

SK-47

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Sorry to start an off topic discussion away from Power ranking shenanigan, sonics, and all that jazz, but I have a serious proposition. I am planning on having my annual tournament this year again and I am going to actually have brawl there this time. Save the surprise and amazement for another time. I am looking for a tournament organizer who knows the community a little better who will co-run the brawl portion of the tournament with me and help with the rule sets.
I would do it myself but...

1.) I don't care enough about the game to know it or get to know it.

2.) At this point I really just want to give back to the community where I can. I am tired of piss poor debates on the validity of a video game and just enjoy meeting people with similar interests to myself in an environment of friendly competition.

Its not about the smash its about the people. Get ****ing hyped.
If your interested in helping out I am planning on having the tournament either January 2nd or 9th depending on when I am departing.

SK-47
i would definetly suggest me or devin (zCasanova)

Cory.

Smash Journeyman

The "PR's" are a farce. You cannot honestly call them a Power Ranking, because not even half the people deserve to be on them.

Outside of Devin, ARS, Ryan, and Khai, nobody else on that list even deserves mentioning. In fact, I would dare to say... No, that's not right. I would unabashedly say that without having played the game since sometime before HERB2, I could beat everyone 5 down in a set.

Oh, and if anyone gets all antsy challenging me on that. No, I will not MM you. No, I will not even play you. Live with my snarkiness, because you HAVE TO. Because I'm right.

That should be sufficient to start an argument for tomorrow. My work here is done.

you wont beat me at this video game.. im not challenging you, im just saying

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Yeah, you can't really make such bold claims when you've been absent from the scene for such a long time.

I'm pretty sure most of the PR list would beat you.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah, you can't really make such bold claims when you've been absent from the scene for such a long time.

Actually I have faith that Brandon would beat all of us except you and Adam. :p

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Why?

If you were on the list, you would be one of the people that he's insulting.

Would you play then?

Knowing that he hasn't played you in months and has virtually no idea of the progress you've made since you two last met in a tournament?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Why?

If you were on the list, you would be one of the people that he's insulting.

Would you play then?

Knowing that he hasn't played you in months and has virtually no idea of the progress you've made since you two last met in a tournament?
I can't speak for Brandon, but I don't think he was serious either. I wasn't trying to start an argument, but yes, I would still play.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Brandon's always serious when he says **** like that, which is basically every time he logs on.

"I'm not coming, but I'd **** everyone there."

Show me then, mother****er, give me a reason to respect you—otherwise, I'm just going to laugh at you running your mouth.

Where the **** is Adam?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Its kinda disrespectful to say things like that to people who work really hard to get good at this game.

450,00 DOLLAR LUIGI DITTO.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord

Yeah I can. It may or may not be true; and the people who have to hear it may not like the bold, unabashed truth, but I can say it, and will say it just the same.

Oh, and it's true.

I can't speak for Brandon, but I don't think he was serious either. I wasn't trying to start an argument, but yes, I would still play.
I WAS actually serious. Unless the people below Khai have improved EXPONENTIALLY, I would **** them.

Its kinda disrespectful to say things like that to people who work really hard to get good at this game.
That's why I excluded you, Snapp.

Chicken burrito's are the bombz.
The only thing that belongs in a burrito is ground beef.

And beans.

edit: And rice.

Purple

Hi guys!

crio didn't you get scraped in ga a long time ago?

are you still that bad?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
crio didn't you get scraped in ga a long time ago?

are you still that bad?
The only tournament I went to was a WABA monthly, like... 2 months after the game came out.

I placed 5th.

With Ness.

So I'm confused.

The Director

Smash Lord
In my eyes, there are two breeds of Smash tournament specimen: the first are the people who go to tournaments to meet people, socialize and play some Smash. That's cool. The others are the ones who shoot to make the PR list and win. There's nothing wrong with striving to win, but this mentality can turn them into stubborn ****s who sometimes don't show up to tournaments because they know they can't win.

This mentality has driven me away from the tournament scene. That and also the fact that I barely have enough time to play with myself, much less attend tournaments once a week.

Adam I want to play Melee with you.

Top Bottom