• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah dude just combo people and take risks. Be electrifying, and win a few important matches. That's about it.

Meverse

Smash Cadet
yeah, he's the reason why I started playing as falcon lol
my reason y i played falcon cuz of isai, but his style didnt work out for me(cuz i'm not isai :laugh:) so i started using darkrain's style, it got me in a few winning matches. isai's got sum weird combos there lol

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
How do you get peach to stay in your nair? It seems like every time i short hop nair Wife, he gets hit by the first and not the second, whether he's standing on the ground, or is floating, or from a down throw.

Scar

#HarveyDent
How do you get peach to stay in your nair?
Uair her instead.

If she DI's away from dthrow at low %s, then she will probably be low enough for any upwards DI to be insufficient to get her out of nair. But if she's slightly above you and you're playing Wife, you won't be able to nair combo him. Just uair or knee IMO.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, I watched your matches with him, and it seemed like the most combo hits you could get were like 3 or 4, which is about as well as I could do. One big difference I noticed though is you never side B, is it because Peach can punish it so well or because it doesn't really lead into anything? It never led into anything but a knee for me, and then it wasn't at killing percent.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah, I watched your matches with him, and it seemed like the most combo hits you could get were like 3 or 4, which is about as well as I could do. One big difference I noticed though is you never side B, is it because Peach can punish it so well or because it doesn't really lead into anything? It never led into anything but a knee for me, and then it wasn't at killing percent.
Yeah, this is a big part of why I stopped, but I have also stopped using fB in general, unless I know it's going to hit.. which is rarely.

I need to re-discover it, my main use for it was usually to move out of the way of a grab, but now I use fsmash or Falcon Kick more, mostly just because of how devastating it usually is to miss a fB. Falcon just falls and lays there for a little.

II have recently started re-using it at more/less random times, and it works a lot when people don't expect it. It's a really great move vs everyone but floaties when it hits, but yeah, TL;DR = don't use it against Peach/Jiggs, it's never the best option.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I thought the best option was combo them into a knee at low percents first, and if they live then go for just damage/knees XD

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Yeah I try to record all tourney sets and MM sets, recorded friendlies only go towards combo vid stuff, I never put them online, or at least would like not to.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
One of my favorite Falcon combos. So disrespectful. I pulled it on a Marth not too long ago and I could hear my opponent seethe.
But...but...uthrow to knee works on marth until like what... 110% or something? Why would you dthrow unless he's at a ridic percentage.

However.

Dthrow-> knee: my anti-Jiggs.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Uthrow to knee is a tough thing I find against Marths. If they DI it correctly, they can fair you before you can hit them. G-reg's thread says that it's inescapable at 68%, but sometimes I swear that Marth's have gotten out of it at that percentage range. It could be very specific though.

HiIH

Smash Lord
But...but...uthrow to knee works on marth until like what... 110% or something? Why would you dthrow unless he's at a ridic percentage.

However.

Dthrow-> knee: my anti-Jiggs.
Dthrow>Knee works on Marth at a pretty decent percentage, plus if they DI away off the edge, it's pretty much guaranteed at tons of percentages.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
off the edge, true. I guess it depends. G-reg's thread says it's inescapable UNTIL 68%? and I guess dthrow to knee works very well if you're faceing the edge of the stage. But too low a percentage and they can tech if they DI out. Too high and they might be able to tech on platforms. Uthrow never really yields me problems with any percent unless it's just simply much too high. I play against my friend's marth, and he can fair me out of uthrow to uair all day, but he almost never gets me out of uthrow to knee unless i simply miss (he DIs back and I go to far forward or something).

cykofox

Smash Ace
Hey Scar, how do you perform aerials so fast with falcon? Do you use the control stick? Do you have 2 fingers on the y/x button and c stick?

DrewB008

Smash Lord
vs marth uthrow uair works after 30ish, uthrow knee works 70 to 90, dthrow knee works after that

dthrow knee works earlier too if they dont DI away, but they will if theyre any good

Scar

#HarveyDent
Uthrow knee trades with Marth's fair either at a lot of %s, for straight up DI, or just if the CF is too slow, but either way trading knee with fair is a fine trade. I usually go for uthrow knee between 70-90%, otherwise I prefer dthrow.

Even at 60 it can combo into uair into ****, plus Marth isn't THAT hard to edgeguard.

@ ChRed, SPOC on December 13th dude, I know Wife is going and he'll probably bring Hat, Tope, Cyrain... you should try to get a car to come up for it, we're expecting around 60 for Melee singles which is about as good as it gets nowadays.

Let me know if you have any questions about it and I'll help you out if I can.

Hey Scar, how do you perform aerials so fast with falcon? Do you use the control stick? Do you have 2 fingers on the y/x button and c stick?
haha No, just keep playing and you'll get there, just be conscious of it and work on your speed, it'll become second nature in time.

I use Y to jump and frequently if I'm going forward and I want to knee I just slide my finger from Y to A instead of using the c-stick. I try to use the c-stick whenever possible, though.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
How many knees does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-roll pop?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
weak knee...weak knee...knee!!

The world may never know.

SPOC on December 13th dude, I know Wife is going and he'll probably bring Hat, Tope, Cyrain... you should try to get a car to come up for it, we're expecting around 60 for Melee singles which is about as good as it gets nowadays.
Yeah, I want to, but I have an exam on I think the 15th, so it depends on how prepared I am and also if wife has space for one person. I fhe's taking those three, he only has one space left, I'll need to see if anyone's filling that.

Also, I hope pakman drives you down, it'd be fun to have a smashfest the night before. I haven't been to a tourney since pound 3, so I need as much practice as I can get.

Top Bottom