• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Leviathin, you wouldn't happen to know a Kyle Mosher, would you? The name Poplar Bluff rings a bell, I used to go to like...grade school with him when I was in 5th grade lol. Freshman in college now, so he should be about 18 years old if that helps.

Falcon has nice pectorals. I wish I knew his ab routine and now that I think about it...his everything routine. I'm sick of shin splints, knotted up muscles, stress fractures, MRIs, etc =(

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
what are you doing as a falco/fox/falcon that jiggs can rest oos 0_o

Platform rests are legit tho if they can read you
It was just a possibility. Ive seen it happen when somebody ****s up a jc shine and doesnt cancel it right away. not to mention its easier than gettin a shield grab if the falco is too close wit the dair shine. I just think that if you want to get one off jiggs has plenty of option.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
scar...idea for IKM3

you may have to do it on a computer because its so hard but it would be awesome

go to pokemon stadium and wait for the rock stage and go over on the left side of the mountain

forward tilt right, you will hit the opponent and then automatically fall off...then knee him...you maybe could knee him off the stage into another aerial that would be amazing

DippnDots

Feral Youth
don't throw out random **** and wait for an opening, dash dance a lot, and for the love of god don't get grabbed / hit off the stage.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If they don't DI the correct way, juggle them for a long time and then end with a knee.

If they do DI, you can get 1-2 hits and then a tech chase maybe. Watch out, cause marth can jump and fair out at certain points if he DIs for it.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
murdnunoc. As falcon, what do i do to puff?
Don`t airiel and land infront of the way she`s facing or you`ll get grabbed. When recovering, try to go low most of the time and wall tech if they try to gimp you by the edge. Dash around alot, being patient and waiting for your openings to get a grab and then proceed to down throw followed by Knee most of the time or up air. On stages with plat forms you can sometimes do full jump nairs, land on the platform and get off a knee to kill at mid-high percents.

QUESTION: I`ve been playing falcon for a while and I got most of the matchups down pretty good. However, I`ve been having a TONNE of trouble with sheik lately. I can`t beat good sheiks i.e (Kira). I know the combos that work on her but I think it`s my approach that I need to work on. If someone could give me some solid, in depth explanation of how to get the best of sheik in this matchup, being particularly specific with the approach, I would much appreaciate it. Thankyou.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I start off approaching sheiks with nair. If they prove to be campy sheiks who like to wd and ftilt all your approach, I start shield approaching->wd out of shield-> grab/whatevs. also you can shield->up b but don't do it a lot lol
I find that platforms help too. landing above and dairing or just approaching from above and wavelanding off into uair
idk, I find you gotta be really creative when approaching sheik...definitely a gay ****ing matchup

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
This is from a secondary source (from vro to bzoo, from bzoo to me) so if this is inaccurate or something don't shoot me.

Pro tip: You should try to get a stomp or a knee off at 0% and lead that into a grab. Then use that grab to combo and tech chase to your heart's content.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Nair is the only approach move that can work on Sheik. Problem is, she can CC grab that to obscene percents. If you notice this keeps happening, *then* you mix up the stomps and knees, meditatively, of course - not without discretion. Some Sheiks are very ground based (i.e., Drephen); they'll grab, dsmash, dash attack and ftilt all day. Those are the sheiks that you need to be grabbing. Note that all the moves I stated are punishable with well timed JC'ed grabs. Jumpy sheiks can kind of be dash dance camped, but it's better to be aggressive against those types, like with run up raptor boosts, uairs and nairs.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Leviathin, you wouldn't happen to know a Kyle Mosher, would you? The name Poplar Bluff rings a bell, I used to go to like...grade school with him when I was in 5th grade lol. Freshman in college now, so he should be about 18 years old if that helps.

Falcon has nice pectorals. I wish I knew his ab routine and now that I think about it...his everything routine. I'm sick of shin splints, knotted up muscles, stress fractures, MRIs, etc =(
Hey! Yeah i don't know him personally but I went to school with him. Were you guys good friends and did you live in poplar bluff at a time?

Brookman

Smash Hero
what are you saying nair is the only approach? Falcon's upward aerial is easily his fastest approach and it can be auto canceld

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
its hard to approach with up air if theyre on the ground
the hit box in front lasts like .1 seconds lol

id rather go with knees
or stomps

uair would be my last choice

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
up air is better used when you double jump

and your right above whoever

and theyre expecting you to dair to shield grab you

but you use a uair at the last second and then you gentlemen and they get *****

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
and by ***** you mean they don't get a shield grab and you usually have to run away to prevent getting ***** yourself.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Most Sheiks I play also generally just try to tilt if they think you're going to dair them since their tilts can beat out the stomp.

Then it's sad panda time.

Scar

#HarveyDent
wtf why is anyone approaching sheik?

also uair is as good as nair for approach you just need to be fast enough to consistently get it out there VERY quickly, which is really hard

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
running up to a sheik and just scaring them is both fun and effective (when it works) as apposed to trying to approach with a move. too bad it won't always work.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
The only way someone should approach sheik is with nair, IMO. Uair hits too high, and nair has all the qualitites to a good approach. I might uair if I think they're going to try to shaerial me in order to get them to dj and then I could follow up from there.
Vs sheik it's generally a better idea to just DD camp and space grabs and ****. As soon as I get that grab on sheik, it's over.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
and by ***** you mean they don't get a shield grab and you usually have to run away to prevent getting ***** yourself.
from my experience

an upair on a shield done at the last possible moment, to a gentlemen,

will allow you to avoid the grab, as they try to shield grab your up air, because they get hit by the jabs

it works real well on dk

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
stop what

have you even tried it?

do you even know what im talking about?

if someone tries to tell me that doesnt work theyre stupid because i've done it a million times on like everyone

except fox/falco

i know it works on marth, falcon, doc, mario, dk

not so sure about sheik but im pretty sure

theres probly some others but they dont matter

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol @ someone trying to shield grab a uair as if they can't react to you not doing a dair.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ew son

you swear its impossible or something

what are you gonna do up-b out of shield

it wouldnt even do anything because the sweetspot is on top

and your hitting the front of their shield

its not even anything special

yo your mad dumb

theres nothing dk can do except hold his shield up or roll

which will get him grabbed

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
I'm picking up falcon but I'm having trouble w/ the moonawalk. I know how to do it and I can go a moderate distance but I can't go really far with it. Do you have any specific tips for how I can improve on that? thanks in advance

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I'm picking up falcon but I'm having trouble w/ the moonawalk. I know how to do it and I can go a moderate distance but I can't go really far with it. Do you have any specific tips for how I can improve on that? thanks in advance
Watch the ending position of the stick. Make sure that its just about straight back or even a little higher, just a little. If everything else is right that should give you some mo distance

Brookman

Smash Hero
wtf why is anyone approaching sheik?

also uair is as good as nair for approach you just need to be fast enough to consistently get it out there VERY quickly, which is really hard
Scar agrees with me and you guys have respect for him.

I short hop with control stick for my up airs.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
Watch the ending position of the stick. Make sure that its just about straight back or even a little higher, just a little. If everything else is right that should give you some mo distance
i'll try that, thanks

Top Bottom