• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So, I need help on counter picks against a mad good Peach who knows how to fight Falcon. DoH is starting to ban Stadium vs me :( (the only stage I can consistently beat him on) and I don't think I can beat him on DL and he actually likes YS and always beats me there. So, would BF be a good CP? Or Green Greens maybe? This guy is really good against Falcon...

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Battlefield has worked well for me, but yeah, Peach is one of those characters that I have a hard time effectively CPing. DK64 might be something worth trying, but I can see it being gay. Just pick a stage that you feel really comfortable on, even if the player likes that stage or plays well on it. I'll pick FD against anyone because I love it.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
stop what

have you even tried it?

do you even know what im talking about?

if someone tries to tell me that doesnt work theyre stupid because i've done it a million times on like everyone

except fox/falco

i know it works on marth, falcon, doc, mario, dk

not so sure about sheik but im pretty sure

theres probly some others but they dont matter
shutup. you think knee to gentleman is a frame perfect pillar or something? a million things even DK can do. including grab.

Scar

#HarveyDent
di in is marth's best DI i think vs uthrow @ 30ish, get good at turn around uair or just settle for fadeaway uair

Counterpick better skill level. Works quite well sometimes.
this is the only truth

if you have the edge in skill DL64 WILL work for you, the stage is even at least and remember she has a hard time reaching the top platform quickly, camp it. BF is solid, it helps you predict her upB which trades with stomp if she goes for the sweetspot, which i love to do, get that timing down.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Don't go to a floaty stage
Me and Relax (mokumo) are just about even skillwise with both our characters
IIRC he tends to not do as well on peachland 64, peachy kong 64, peachstar, and mute peach as I do, and therefore loses there. Pretty much, going v a peach of equal/greater skill on any of the above stages will probably result in a loss, depending on your personal opinion of them.

go to one of the stages that peach hates, like PokeFloats or Rainbow. I recommend rainbow personally, as a peach main I find it necessary to change to fox before going there.

Coreneria isn't a bad idea, it screws with peaches' FCs, but she can camp the wing pretty hard, so that cp's only for the brave, IMO

Rainbow's your best bet. Just dodge the turnips and poke her with nairs until you find your opening.

If you don't like weird-*** stages, BF is probably the way to go. She can't recover for balls there, so keep it on the bottom platform and don't get her high in the air during your finisher.

tubes

Smash Ace
di in is marth's best DI i think vs uthrow @ 30ish, get good at turn around uair or just settle for fadeaway uair.
You could go for a really quick D-throw and hope they DI in on autopilot. If you only do it like once every 2 games maybe it'll work somewhat consistently and every time it works that's like a free 0-death combo. It's not like you'll be punished for it if it doesn't work anyway.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
really? I was like 90% sure that in head to heads:

Ganon down B >>>>>> Falcon down B
Falcon forward B >>>> Ganon forward B
With respect to the forward Bs Falcon's wins most of the time, but it is timing dependent. Ganon's forward B wins sometimes, but I'm not entirely sure on the timing. I'll update if Ganon's down B ever beats Falcon Kick (haven't seen it yet).

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
shutup. you think knee to gentleman is a frame perfect pillar or something? a million things even DK can do. including grab.
can you even read

i said an upair done at the last second into gentleman

its not a frame perfect pillar

but it will hit dk if he tries to grab you after the upair

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
how sure are you about that

because im a billion percent sure im 100% right

i play a good blue dk

i know what im talking about

get someone who knows frames

like magus magus420

or mew2king m2k

or anyone else, i bet even scar knows

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
can you read either ?

i said if they try to grab the UP AIR, UAIR, ^AIR is that ok? should i say it in spanish too ?

dam man

also im pretty sure you could dash away after the gentlemen to avoid the grab still
roll away too

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
can you read either ?

i said if they try to grab the UP AIR, UAIR, ^AIR is that ok? should i say it in spanish too ?

dam man

also im pretty sure you could dash away after the gentlemen to avoid the grab still
I'm just telling you the end of the gentleman is not safe. The knee part of it has hardly any stun just like the other parts of the jab except you have to wait longer to run away. You could have just said jab from the upair.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
werd thats true but idk

i still think you could run away or roll away to avoid it

i know i've done it in falcon dittos and on dk and marth

im gonna try it or something

Scar

#HarveyDent
sheik ***** cf he doesn't have any autocombos on her unless she's being controlled by a mid-level or worse player like XYT

Tomacawk

Smash Master
wait
so if sheik doesn't di your uthrow or di's towards you it won't combo to knee?
can somebody (nes n00b?) please compile when to uair after uthrow on sheik and when to knee?
every situation please, for the sake of this matchup
thanks in advance

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
wait
so if sheik doesn't di your uthrow or di's towards you it won't combo to knee?
can somebody (nes n00b?) please compile when to uair after uthrow on sheik and when to knee?
every situation please, for the sake of this matchup
thanks in advance
Ok, so only uair and knee and when it is appropriate to do those? At around a little over 40 I would upair with no DI. Away DI 50 to mid 60. Keep in mind to always upthrow at that percent. Late 60s to mid 70s knee no matter the DI as it is only time that grab to knee is guaranteed. With away DI after upthrow, falcon can knee for a long time up to like 90 or something. Inward DI after 75 (I think) and no DI at like 80 something ruins knee from upthrow. From downthrow, you can knee at ridiculously high percent without away DI, but yeah don't expect that to work. :ohwell:

If I am wrong guys, let me know.

Why is Falcon so fun to play?
(when to use Falcon's dash attack?)
You should know the answer to the first one.

Never......unless you are edgeguarding in some kind of desperate way. It really sucks.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
the only times I dash attack are when I'm going to drop zone and I'm delaying it by dash attacking on the ledge, or when I miss a tech chase at high % but they rolled near me, then I just dash attack after my whiffed whatever and ledge guard
<3 nes n00b for that post, I'll get out my notebook

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
nice xyt slam

take peach to yoshis story if youre a thug and want quick kills, but take her to big levels and make her chase you if you want a reliable choice

also im going to stop making posts that warrant discussion so long as i dont have consistent internet, but i'll follow up my jiggs post by saying i dont mean youre a better player just by getting some guesses right. in every match, assuming both players are at least decent, youre going to make some guesses at some point. usually youll be wrong, sometimes youll be right. if youre playing jiggs and youre right once, its a kill. no other character is that dynamic, and thats why its hard to rank her. if no rest/gimp opportunities arise, which is really conceivable, then shes not as good as a lot of characters. these opportunities do arise in even the highest levels though, its just hard to predict how often they will.

Top Bottom