• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
If you mean me, than probably less than almost everyone besides m2k.
But, you knee techs in place instead of stomp much more often than other falcons. Any reason why you often do this? Preference? Or are you looking for the second knee follow up or some other reason

I like how simple your falcon is. It is a lot different to watch and not as technical (yeah where are them moonwalks nes what?!) but it is much more feasible and good to see that tech doesn't equal better.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
But, you knee techs in place instead of stomp much more often than other falcons. Any reason why you often do this? Preference? Or are you looking for the second knee follow up or some other reason

I like how simple your falcon is. It is a lot different to watch and not as technical (yeah where are them moonwalks nes what?!) but it is much more feasible and good to see that tech doesn't equal better.
I can moonwalk pretty well, but didn't do it as I was too focused in grandfinals/winnersfinals. Have no idea why I didn't do it for any my other matches besides IHSB (which wasn't recorded). Anyway..... I knee in place for spacies near the ledge because they have a chance to be edgeguarded.

Middle of stage, I do it cause I think it has less lag at the ending of the arial than stomp (not sure though so no quoting me on this) so if I miss because they rolled I can follow them for better positioning/pressure.

I know I am not that technical and play basically safe as ****. That's how I roll.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i think dashattack grabs are only useful for sheik
but they look badass with kirby
also that gif is awesome lol

NES n00b

Smash Master
Are dash attack cancel grabs(boost grab?) useful at all? I always just JC grab out of habit.

Any uses or always jump cancel?
Well, Scar and BigD don't seem to be on here that often so I guess I will just say what I think. There is barely any difference between the boost grab and jc grab so there really isn't that much use. I would say stick with JC.

Somethin like this?
LOL spot on but should be upair instead of knee at the end...knee is too risky for him haha
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Screw all of you.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Nes noob is awesome.

DACG < JCG, IMO, because you gain so little range and take on so much more lag, not to mention that you can try to cancel too soon and pretty much get no range at all off the grab, and look like a ******. I just JC all my grabs.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dont do dumb things like dash attack grab

if i ever hear somebody say "i would have won but i tried to dash attack grab and accidentally dash attacked instead and he grabbed me" then they arent allowed to post in here anymore

its barely even useful with sheik, although it is probably best with her

harshness aside though, yeah its not useful with falcon

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
you can cg peach far away di in pal with boost grabing sheik but the distance is so far it can only go like twice or thrice at most

otherwise i cant think of boost grabbing being useful ever

dthrow techchases w/ fox or something idk

but totally useless with falcon as other ppl said

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
if you grab a spacey at medium lowish percent, is it basically just preference between upthrow and downthrow? falcon can react out of either throw pretty quickly...is there any reason to go with one over the other? (drop zone if by the edge is all i can think of off the top of my head) I personally use downthrow a lot more often, but im not really sure why i do.

Scar

#HarveyDent
it's largely preference but dthrow forces them to go forward and sometimes you want them to go that way initially

it's also easier to tech chase off of dthrow for various reasons

JPOBS

Smash Hero
doesnt falcon get out of the downthrow animation faster, but upthrow has more hitstun, or something like that?

NES n00b

Smash Master
doesnt falcon get out of the downthrow animation faster, but upthrow has more hitstun, or something like that?
Upthrow has a set time you can do moves out of it. Downthrow it depends on the weight of the character.

SS is the anti-NES n00b. All flash, all apparent effort, yet... somehow loses.
Ok, this just made me laugh. ****

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
dash attacked cancelled grabs.

havent u ever heard mario grab and go YAHOOOOO.

that, but with any character. it's great with sheik, that's what i use to tech chase.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Upthrow has a set time you can do moves out of it. Downthrow it depends on the weight of the character.
oh right, i knew it was somethign crazy like that.

dash attacked cancelled grabs.

havent u ever heard mario grab and go YAHOOOOO.

that, but with any character. it's great with sheik, that's what i use to tech chase.
this actually happened to me for the first time a few days ago and i thought the game just glitched lol

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Capfal's D.throw is affected by weight, his upthrow (along with back and forward) are not.

Magus knows all
And what's the advantage of doing it over a jump canceled grab?
for some characters (read: sheik) it has longer range. but it does the stupid dash grab animation, so it has more ending lag for most characters.
It also used to double as a super-dumb AT called grunt grabbing for characters who make a sound when they do a dash attack (the marios are like, the ONLY characters who fall under this). Old .. '04 tech? Earlier probably.

Nobody cares about it anymore because of the criteria needed for it to work on your opponent.

Scar

#HarveyDent
dash attack grab blows

if you want to mix up grab timings i suggest just missing the JC on purpose. dash grab comes out a lot slower so sometimes it'll grab a dodge. works VERY well vs other CF's fBs to evade tech chases.

Top Bottom