• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
That $50 MM between you and nes n00b @ SMYM was pretty fun to watch scar. thats one of the few times i really got to watch him play.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Well, since Nes noob is gone I feel like there's no more falcon dittos with gimpness discussions . It's really messed up how someone that never really did anything wrong have such a wrongful death. Just for him I'm going to Falcon Punch anyone who comes in my way.

DUB

Smash Lord
Never got to meet him, saw him play a few times. The Mountain Combo was cool. Heard he was a soild guy. RIP.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
That $50 MM between you and nes n00b @ SMYM was pretty fun to watch scar. thats one of the few times i really got to watch him play.
i remember that, he almost won too. Didn't he win a circuit tournament?

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Whats with the free hug signs everywhere?

I heard about noob too thats sad, you guys should proably go to the thread made for him tho and express your feeling there.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
we all ready did.

This was just the board that he came to the most often (other than the ATL south), thus we felt it'd be nice to honor him in some way.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Yeah, so I'm wondering whether DK64 is actually useful to counterpick against a Sheik. From the results I've generally seen and experienced, Sheiks tend to do just as well if not better than Falcon on that stage.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I feel like the platforms and slopes are more towards Sheik's advantage. But I could be wrong.
it just feels that way because sheiks moves and combos are so retardedly easy to do already, that platforms become a hurdle for falcon to have to move through. however, being the better platform player can work in falcons favor, if you really know what you are doing. practice that platform canceling!!

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Cause you can walljump recover from lower down on the level on Fountain versus Yoshi's?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Cause you can walljump recover from lower down on the level on Fountain versus Yoshi's?
I don't know what it is exactly, but I do a LOT better on Fountain than Yoshi's against those characters even though I despise that stage the most. Although the moving platforms mess everything up, I find that I can edge cancel seamlessly on that stage and without much problem. I find myself dying at ridiculously low percents on YS all the time and getting put into an easy shine spike death more often than any other stage. Plus upsmash (my fav move) is like a vacuum edgeguard on FoD, I've caught so many spacies on the egde with that **** when it probably wouldn't have worked on YS for the same situation. Plus the platforms mess up your opponents as well so it's not so bad.

I'm banning YS from now on

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Thumbs sees the light, jawesome.

Yoshi's is brutally bad cause the entire stage is a ledge and Falcon sucks at recovering and also sucks at being above people which is hard not to be when the entire stage is covered by platforms. There's also nowhere to run.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, plus the damage Fox can do to you off one grab on YS is ridiculous, on FoD there is a GREAT CHANCE the platforms will mess up the Fox's combo. But on YS if they know how to control the stage it is impossible to get out. There really is nowhere to run.

I'll ban YS vs Fox and Marth for sure now, most likely for Sheik as well. I haven't decided for Falco yet

JPOBS

Smash Hero
its hilarious that more and more people are coming around to seeing the light of FoD.
that stage messes up everyone and if you're confortable on it you can ****. FoD is my favorite counterpick against fox as any char im playing.

but yoshis is my fav falcon map lol

legion598

Smash Ace
id ban yoshi vs marth, fox, shiek, and maybe jiggs? she controls the stage pretty hard too but she dies absurdly easy there, but then again her rest will kill u at any % at yoshis

anyway, marth whiffs a dash attack on me and I try to punish with Dair but his Utilt comes out too fast.....ghey. so what should I punish with?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ya, u r rong tho, c wut i'm sayin'?

sheik ***** people off stage and there's barely any stage to speak of on Yoshi's story, so yea... mad homo for sheik.
This is true.

Her big combos are also easier than normal on that level. The low platforms are good.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I find battlefield really good to connect her combos. I mean, I suppose its my preference since I prefer to play aggressive on that stage *shrugs*.

I mean, I don't think its detrimental to her game, but I think the other neutrals help her game out more.

Top Bottom