• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you're all wrong
kage is just a ****ing monster
there should be an international manhunt to bring him down for the safety of humanity

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol scar was garbage 3 years ago

he was like me now lol

nah im like scar from a year ago

im gettin there

tubes

Smash Ace
lol scar was garbage 3 years ago

he was like me now lol

nah im like scar from a year ago

im gettin there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8rQ_0zNIg

Your like that?

Ok watching that again, hey Scar, how did you get so good at juggling people at low percentages? Like there were times where I would have normally uthrow--> tech chase'd where in the vid you did some beast as hell **** like uthrow--> upward F-tilt--> uair--> knee.

I was thinking I would just try things like that for myself until I could get it to work like you, but are there any drills or exercises or game theory or magic protein shakes I could run/study/drink on the days when I can't play smash against real people which can quickly boost my ability to combo? This applies to juggling at low percents as well as all **** *** combos in general.

Saaru

Smash Rookie
Help Peach's chaingrab. Also Left-hand application works wonders for falcon ( tech_chasing just becomes alot easier for me that way)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
I think Jona made a post a while ago about kneeing a tech in place with Falcon and even if they tech roll you can still run and grab them. Now I KNOW I've done that before and I think it depends on how they DI the dthrow. Does it work all the time maybe? That **** would be broken if you always kneed in place and got a guaranteed grab no matter what.
yo son, right you've done that too?

i know it doesnt work all the time but i think it only works if they dont DI away from the dthrow

i do know that i catch people with that alot, especially around edge's because the edge cut's off their roll length depending on where they are

if magus could make a gif gift for us like he made for the ganon boards it would be **** :D

oh sometimes i catch people like that but with stomp's too

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
jona if you lose to mogwais pikachu then you definitely arent at the level scar was a year ago

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
nah i think i am

he told me one time that i reminded him of himself a year back or something like that

idk, but im gettin there

thumbswayup

Smash Master
yo son, right you've done that too?

i know it doesnt work all the time but i think it only works if they dont DI away from the dthrow

i do know that i catch people with that alot, especially around edge's because the edge cut's off their roll length depending on where they are

if magus could make a gif gift for us like he made for the ganon boards it would be **** :D

oh sometimes i catch people like that but with stomp's too
Yeah, it probably only works when they DI the throw in and then you've got some extra time to run and grab them if they tech roll away.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot to mention I was at a smashfest last night with Boss and we played for hours (haven't played him in forever). I finally started learning what works and what doesn't vs Doc and Mario. I have a good idea how to combo them now and **** them off of grabs, BUT my problem is I cannot edgeguard him ever. Boss ALWAYS makes it back. If it isn't the pills, it's the fireballs, always interrupting my ledge grabs and bairs. WHAT DO I DO WHEN I KNOCK HIM OFF!!?!?!?!?

p.s. Boss is still the best Doc/Mario

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
stomp works pretty good if you can make it so he has to up b

also just jumping out under a projectile and dj uairing isnt bad, but whatever you do it has to surprise him

ledge stuff gets you stage spiked by up b's a lot, i usually just avoid that

Scar

#HarveyDent
jona IKM was like 2 years ago

IKM2 was a year ago

can you do IKM2 ****? if so you can call yourself me from a year ago

until i see IKM2 fully recreated with jonadiaper footage and have at least some competent DI... not yet my son

Tomacawk

Smash Master
scar the mentor putting his pupil in his place. it's the ciiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihiiiiiiiiiiiife
i never get on the legde against mario. mother****er got his PhD for a reason, he's not stupid. only grab the ledge if you're gunna do something sneaky like drop from ledge bair/uair (you dont have to jump before the aerial), or if you're gunna egdehog
utilt on map is much safer

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Doesn't a well timed uair go past pills? I know bair does, but i have 0 experience vs mario and even less vs doc. I just try and stomp usually and if that fails, i let them get back up.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot to mention I was at a smashfest last night with Boss and we played for hours (haven't played him in forever). I finally started learning what works and what doesn't vs Doc and Mario. I have a good idea how to combo them now and **** them off of grabs, BUT my problem is I cannot edgeguard him ever. Boss ALWAYS makes it back. If it isn't the pills, it's the fireballs, always interrupting my ledge grabs and bairs. WHAT DO I DO WHEN I KNOCK HIM OFF!!?!?!?!?

edge gaurd doc like you edge gaurd marth

do like isai used to do vs ken if they go down low

short hop off with a back air, if they up b, it usually trades and they get send back

but you could get stage spiked so get ready to tech it

jona IKM was like 2 years ago

IKM2 was a year ago

can you do IKM2 ****? if so you can call yourself me from a year ago

until i see IKM2 fully recreated with jonadiaper footage and have at least some competent DI... not yet my son
loool

you made me watch it again

its pretty good

i could do that in a week

dont leave scar

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

I stomp him when he recovering low. When he comes down shooting pills I try to uair him.

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
I need help with the vs falo matchup.
What is my best option out of shield? rolling gets predictable and my ariels don't come out fast enough if the falco does it correctly. i can't even grab half the time. wd is all i can think of.
What is the best way to get around lazor spam? i've seen ss FH nair and catch an unsuspecting falco but it never works well because of falcos crazy priority.
i can combo him pretty good it's just getting that first grab or hit to start the combo.

Also how do i do a fast gentleman and cancel it with z? i can time it without z but it's pretty slow and i get cced.

tubes

Smash Ace
What is my best option out of shield? rolling gets predictable and my ariels don't come out fast enough if the falco does it correctly. i can't even grab half the time. wd is all i can think of.
What is the best way to get around lazor spam? i've seen ss FH nair and catch an unsuspecting falco but it never works well because of falcos crazy priority.
i can combo him pretty good it's just getting that first grab or hit to start the combo.

Also how do i do a fast gentleman and cancel it with z? i can time it without z but it's pretty slow and i get cced.
Roll, any aerial (Stomp and nair seem most popular), grab, wd, jump and waveland onto a higher platform, and probably a few more I can't think of, are all good options out of shield. Falcon is not Fox however, so none of these are always reliable. Just mix it up, use your head, and try not to get caught in your shield in the first place and you should be fine.

I've also been using Up B out of shield to counter Shiek's F-tilt after I heard that worked from somewhere. So far I've been somewhat successful with it but I need to test it against more Shiek's before I'm willing to call it "legit". On paper the idea seems horrible.

JPOBS

Smash Hero

a good way to get something started is to Nair out os sheild when he's approachign with lasers.

when he does shl, shl, -> aerial, he's gonna try to pressure your sheild/hit you.

learn to Nair right after the laser hits your sheild either before he lands from the sh or right as he is beginning another sh to laser/aerial. timing isnt hard and when you land the nair you can quickly chase it with a grab and combo

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
as it's been discussed in earlier pages of this thread, you can nair over most lasers too unless they shoot them high, in which case you can raptor boost (unsafe but good follow up if it hits) or just run (safer) under them

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
or just shield (safer)

or go onto a platform if available (much safer)

usually when i fight a falco my shield is up 75% of the time while they try to be all technical and ish

then i wait for the right time to shield grab, usually after a shine, or after a missed L cancel

or i stomp OoS if they go behind me, which is bad for them

(but if theyre good and i cant do anything i roll away lol)

then i **** as much as i can until theyre dead or i missed a tech chase or w/e

then i put my shield up again lol

nair OoS is good to when your shield is up and theyre SHL towards you as an approach

when they get kinda close bam nair>grab>****

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
just wait til mogwai starts shine-grabbing your shield

stomp oos only works if they shine after they hit your shield, if they utilt or bair you'll get hit.

DON'T QUESTION ME ABOUT FALCOS JONA, I LIVE 20 MINS FROM FORWARD

<3

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
YOUR FREAKIN COOL

mogwai does shine grab, sometimes

and stomp OoS works when go behind your shield with a dair or something, then the shine usually misses

oh get some vids up vs forward plzz

your the west coast version of me but probably better <3

<3 <- thats gay but i did it because your pretty cool iight

dont judge me D=

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
no it's not too nice because forward probably knows the falcon matchup better than any falco on earth :-p

i mean look what he's done to isai and darkrain. at pat's house he played five friendlies with SS and 3 stocked him in four of them LOL

i just get rapedrapedrapedrapedrapedrapedrapedraped (but i win sometimes if he's not trying too hard)

YOUR FREAKIN COOL

mogwai does shine grab, sometimes

and stomp OoS works when go behind your shield with a dair or something, then the shine usually misses

oh get some vids up vs forward plzz

your the west coast version of me but probably better <3

<3 <- thats gay but i did it because your pretty cool iight

dont judge me D=
lol, yeah stomp oos working against the shine is what i said *****. i was implying that they dair through your shield which is why i said utilt and bair will hit you before you stomp them (bair might trade with stomp if them space bad or time it bad)

i'd record with him but all he's been doing is playing chess lately :-p

and technically i'm southwest not WC lol

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol, yeah stomp oos working against the shine is what i said *****. i was implying that they dair through your shield which is why i said utilt and bair will hit you before you stomp them (bair might trade with stomp if them space bad or time it bad)

i'd record with him but all he's been doing is playing chess lately :-p

and technically i'm southwest not WC lol
ohh yea you did say that my bad

and hey hey i said your west coast ok

falco's up tilt is so gay man

screw falco

and chess is sexy, i was in the chess club at school in the third grade and i beat the 3rd best player after 2 days

what up

Top Bottom