• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
Why is this thread still open. Can a good Falcon main ie Hax S2J Jona start a thread so we can get some solid Falcon advice. I mean come on guys, Scar was good in 2008 and were approaching 2010...its def time for a change.

And b4 anyone brings up Genesis, Ill just reply with easy bracket for now.
lol next time we play im gonna ****in **** you

where is our saffron set btw

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Its never going up. You can watch the live stream version on alex Strifes livestream account but the quality is so terrible, I dnt think the audio is in sync either...but somehow you can make out all the knees you hit Vanz and Tec0 with.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i agree, livestream is a good idea but it ****ing blows due to quality molestation
people should record games with vcr's or something and livestream, so they can record it later and keep most of the quality

Scar

#HarveyDent
if you have a splitter and 2 laptops you can do both... but yeah. who has all that for one setup (besides WC)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I like to watch big hype matches at tourneys and other ones that arent recorded but still good.

Those are often the lost jems. You can always go back and watch the others on youtube/jtv

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oh****. Oh I think I remember Chexr, he went to a saskatchewan tourney not too long ago.

Scar

#HarveyDent
it's not your fault, midwest

i finally understand how bigD felt when he was like "**** you tristate guys have tournies like every 2 weeks?? only 2 hours away?? and everyone from tristate goes?!?"

you guys have to travel like 4 days to find another smasher, i get it

meanwhile @ WC people ***** about 45 minute drives to get to a regional

i have played casual smash like every day since i've moved out here

WC *****

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Speaking of regional differences, I'm realizing you really can't blame SS for never traveling out of state. Not his fault there's only like 2.5 relevant Smash regions on West Coast. And traveling from NorCal to SoCal is pretty much the same distance-wise as something like NYC to MD/VA.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
(in response to 'why don't Falcons CC grab to punish get-up attacks?')

why crouch cancel grab when you can shield grab and not take any damage, in that situation i mean. The better choice for people without a dair -> anything combo.
Purely reacting to someone initiating a get-up attack by putting up your shield is difficult, and if you put up your shield before the fact, it's basically a huge billboard sign telling your opponent not to get-up attack or else they'll get shieldgrabbed. It's also really fffing hard to avoid and punish the get-up attack all in one SH stomp, and the requirement of immediately double jumping is a burden that can lose you a tech chase opportunity or is simply impossible if there's a platform in the way.

Because get-up attacks push you away a little, despite the CC. Falcon's grab range ain't great.
I'm like 90% sure you can hold down and in (towards the get-up attacking opponent) and after the get-up attack, quickly dash in to re-grab before they can do anything. Someone else will have to confirm, though. My point is, I think CC re-grab is a good option because not many people do it, and so the lack of a shield over Falcon can act as a bait for opponents to get-up attack and proceed to get *****. Stomping to punish is obviously preferable, but you have to be in the air before they initiate the get-up attack, and that allows them to roll away while you don't have enough horizontal air control to react and chase them at that point.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I would, But I dont have that kind of $$$$ to just move that far away from home. Plus if i was going to move to play melee, I wouldnt move unless I roomed with a smasher.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah it's true. i go to a tournament every 1.5 monthsish and the drive is anywhere from 1.5-5+ hours. It's ****ing ****ty.
and wtf, I had no idea WC was so close together
luuuucky =\

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
chicago is really good for smash by itself, but its so far from any other big city that it still suffers from not many big tournaments

Top Bottom