• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I caught a glimpse of Kage's Falcon a long time ago at one of the SPOCs during one of his mms. It was awesome, I want to Falcon ditto you one day Kage :D

and dear god Axe is so ****ing good vs Falcon.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
axe is so ****ing good in general. he uses pika like taj uses mew2, godly decision making to compensate a weaker character than most tourny characters

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yea true, I played Axe on Friday night and he was doing the craziest **** ever. Like I wanted him to keep comboing me, that's how entertaining it was. I didn't get a chance to play Taj but everytime I looked at the screen where he was playing at... @_@

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Axe is good from all the practice versus me ;)
Seriously Pika grab combos and edgeguarding versus Falcon are soooooo good. Axe's Falco is **** but so much easier to handle than his Pikachu.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's true, SS simply does not get nervous. I really think this is what pushed him over the top against Armada. He has choked before in big matches (vs. Mango on Corneria, vs. Tope at Genesis, etc.) but he is unphased by it. I didn't see him get frustrated in the slightest at Pound 4, even against Tope in rd 3 pools, and I was following him to like every TV lol. Every Falcon should strive to duplicate the mentality SS has.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hehe yup, you just play your matches, no matter who you have to face and then you do your best or do what you can. After that it's just Win or lose, gg and continue on playing forever and ever. =P

But ya I'm gonna seriously start training my Falcon to kick some ***.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Alternative theory is that SS is a Bidoof.
There is a chance that this is possible

then G-Reg, then BigD, then Jiano, then s2j, then thumbswayuphisownassamirite?, then reneblade, then jonadiaper, then action *******, then felcongui213, then inui's falcon, then Scar.
My peach game is maddddddd goood yooo. /end sarcasm

I can't say I noticed the chin scratch thing.

But I enter a euphoric state when Falcon dies. There, I am truly at peace with the world. So maybe that's why.
****ing KK, Stop being so anti-falcon, you're and awesome guy and awesome guys can't be anti-falcon.

Scar Stop sandbagging and win a national tourney, please.

pockyD

Smash Legend
ss also CPs with 20-sided dice

the best thing about ss is when he's midcombo and right before he goes in for the knee, he gets the big stupid grin on his face that lets everyone know that you just got ****ed up

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Just finished watching SS vs Armada again. Holy ****, I think this might have been the most perfectly played Falcon vs. Peach set in history. SS made like 0 mistakes second match, no joke. He needs to play like this at every national from now on!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I don't think I can do that honestly. Because I am freaking Ganon. lol

Anyways, but for real you'll see me use Falcon more often in general for sure.
Sounds familiar... ;)

EDIT: However, I ended up loving falcon so much that I just switched over entirely. Being able to combo is so much more fun. I just got ADDICTED to the speed and manouverability that falcon has.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Scar lost to cactuar
Cactuar lost to PC Chris
PC Chris lost to Hax

By inui logic Hax is twice the man Scar will ever be

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Just finished watching SS vs Armada again. Holy ****, I think this might have been the most perfectly played Falcon vs. Peach set in history. SS made like 0 mistakes second match, no joke. He needs to play like this at every national from now on!
Can you link me to the set? I searched for it for like 2 minutes last night then gave up cause I was so tired and slept.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
edit: didnt mean to double post

Mogwai i was testing something that i wana no if u no the answer to,

on sheik if they have no d.i or d.i in (not sure about d.i in haven’t tested it yet) that from 0 u can up throw gentlemen, then regrab shiek in the landing lag, then up throw high forward tilt and u can regrab shiek in the landing lag again, i dunno if the 2nd part works, but can u please look into this for me?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
edit: didnt mean to double post

Mogwai i was testing something that i wana no if u no the answer to,

on sheik if they have no d.i or d.i in (not sure about d.i in haven’t tested it yet) that from 0 u can up throw gentlemen, then regrab shiek in the landing lag, then up throw high forward tilt and u can regrab shiek in the landing lag again, i dunno if the 2nd part works, but can u please look into this for me?
lol whoops my badddd, lol shut up david ur a bidoof

ight well i mean magus can u help me wit that question

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
no falco has the best combos

and then fox and then sheik and OMFG marth

he hits you one time with his sword and you get literally autocombod to like 150%

but he cant kill you bc hes the worst char

and sheik has to ftilt dtilt ftilt utilt dash attack fair which works 100% of the time and none of those moves have lag at all so she combos way better

but she has a ****ty approach bc shes like the worst char

fox hits you with literally anything and it doesn't even have to hit you bc then he shines likie a ****** and can grab usmash jab whatever he wants out of it and then proceed to usmash you 2 more times, utilt, grab, uthrow nair regrab and uthrow uair jab usmash shine usmash at any % which kills you regardless of stage position bc vertical kills are ****ing gay best character in the game

falcos combos are literally move shine dair shine dair shine dair shine both moves do like 45% damage and if he misses and fsmashes you lose the game except his recovery blows and his lasers keep yout rapped so he can approach however he wants whenever he wants

FALCON on the other hand ****ing sucks, wow nair you throw your feet out twice with decent range but 0 hitbox for 1/3 of the move, and dair fair bair come out like 40x slower than every sex kick so you have no approach that way, and uair, bc falcon is a ****ing moron and decides to backflip for no reason, is no approach at all either bc IT'S A BACKFLIP. YOU'RE KICKING TOO HIGH DUDE.

gg jona once you finally do hit them you need to predict their DI and follow up in like a half a second do combo with falcon his combos are ****ing garbage unless you're scar

jigglypuff's combos suck bc they're only 2 hits but the 2nd one kills you at any % so... best char.

this should be posted every 40 posts for awesome.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i feel like they could jump out of the second part

thats pretty clever though, a worthy mixup option at the very least. get them to start jumping out then uair/knee all day

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i double posted by accident but since im here

falcons should start at the very least occasionally jumping out towards space animals and killing them once they knock them off, im tired of watching these space animals just repeatedly up b-ing down towards the ledge on you guys. ive had pretty good results with it since i started doing it, and if you just get them once you can start scaring them into doing alternate edgeguards that are easier to safely edgeguard

make sure these guys always have complete fear of death once they get knocked off the stage, scar wouldve beaten dehf by going out there and dj uairing him and im sure there have been plenty of times for all of us when it would have helped

D

Deleted member

Here is a tip:

if a space animal is recovering and in the "bubble" (because they are far from the stage) and not recovering low (if they are recovering low just grab edge or something), you can safely full jump out there and weak knee them to their death

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you can gimp with falcon almost as well as w/ marth, but its riskier.

if you run->sh off you can dj uair any of their recoveries and still make it back safely.

also running sh knee covers any fast attempts to get on including fast sidebs and fast double jumps.

combine the two and you can gimp anything.

i haven't really thought of a way to cover sweetspotted jump, the only thing i can think of that will get below the stage is dair but i dont think its fast enough. maybe run off uair, but thats sorta risky.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sweetspotted dj is hit by downtilt i think, but if you're trying to gimp them they probably have low % and it might just help them. that, or it forces them to upb, which can get some stomping going.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
a couple guys have, at times when i think its a great idea to jump out for the weak knee, double jumped then just fastfell down low and up b-d

this gets them back to the stage before you, which puts you in a bad position

its still good to go for it occasionally, but it works less and less every time i play

`DNS`

Smash Lord
i've been saying this forever.. their recoveries suck and take so long just jump out and hit them don't wait for them to come to you

unless you have ****ty reaction time then you're going to lose the match anyway :)

you can bair gimp, uair, weak knee (+dj uair if needed), even strong knee, stomp.. and depending on where they are you can shff, dropzone, fj, fjdj.. wait on the stage til you see them starting it so you don't get ***** from an illusion ->bair ****

Tomacawk

Smash Master
you can gimp with falcon almost as well as w/ marth, but its riskier.

if you run->sh off you can dj uair any of their recoveries and still make it back safely.

also running sh knee covers any fast attempts to get on including fast sidebs and fast double jumps.

combine the two and you can gimp anything.

i haven't really thought of a way to cover sweetspotted jump, the only thing i can think of that will get below the stage is dair but i dont think its fast enough. maybe run off uair, but thats sorta risky.
drop off and bair with no fastfall, or sh soft knee facing the ledge to dj uair, covers most techs as well if they tech the weak knee

Top Bottom