• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

`DNS`

Smash Lord
to cover the sweetspotted jump.. why the hell are they down there in the first place?
if they're off they should always be too far away for that and if they're not they either
a) are stupid and jumped off or
b) should've been combo'd after

i can't really think of any other situations but i'm mad tired right now.. just did like 5 lab reports that i missed for my cyber security class ._.

Scar

#HarveyDent
it's impossible to train isai

he's better than you

but

(12:06:58 AM) Scar: yo dude lets play smash soon
(12:07:26 AM) Isaiah: k

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Its hard. I always feel vunerable up Bing so early. But honestly I guess I shouldnt.

its not like I was going to attack them or something.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
its not that hard

its mostly a luck thing

sometimes you can just tell when your going to edgecancel that ish

sometimes you just practice and find and find that up-bing from a certain location will let you edgecancel

sometimes you miss an edgecancel and youll get *****, or get lucky and theyll be confused

edgecanceling it self isnt hard

i just think we should all start up-bing super early instead of hoping for them to miss the edgegaurd on our gay up-b

unless your reverse up-bing, then its a little safer but you can still get *****

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
well thats if people start practicing that

no one really practices edge canceling up-b's

falco has easier edge cancels then falcon/ganon

right now people are trying to practice gentleman into other stuff and getting faster on stage

off stage stuff is a little tougher

thats a little later on in life

but right now, we mostly get lucky when we do it

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
well SS doesnt do it all the time

so when he does do it what does that mean

i remember a time seeing SS do it every single time

but not anymore, he tries to tho, you can tell

your not always going to be in the perfect position to edge cancel

you have to be at a certain height and angle to maneuver yourself to do it

idk i think 75% of the time people get it, it was luck

unless people start calling it b4 they up-b, im gonna say the majority of the time its luck

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i attempt to edgecancel my upb often, and have a decent feel for it, but I haven't actually practiced it.
gentleman -> stuff is easy.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
don't worry pockyD, no one cares whether or not pc jona calls something luck

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I think its lucky that theyre in the correct position to have an upB be ledgecancel. I don't think its lucky they pull it off.

Maybe thats what Jona meant.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
um
edge cancels are NOT lucky, SS does them all the time. I'm pretty confident that he could do them with a success rate of over 70% if he tried over and over

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Your DI and how far/up/down you get hit off stage effects if you can do it or not. Factors out of your control (Excluding wall-jumps, wall-jump to edge-cancel upB arent luck at all, everything else is) determine whether or not you are in a position to edgecancel one. My definition of luck would be exactly that "Things that are beyond your control lead to a favorable result for yourself."

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i accidentally ledge hopped nair'd and edge canceled it on the ledge i came from, into a reverse uair today. it was pretty sweet.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
edge canceling the up b is the easiest thing to do, all falcon mains should master that trick, its extremely useful

lol plus theres alot of cool **** wit edge canceling, like edge cancel bair to wall jump to stomp lol u gotta be like prefect to pull that **** off in a match

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
gentleman -> stuff is easy.
says the dk guy in the falcon boards

please try gentleman into gentleman

i think sometimes its good to mix up the gentleman with 1 jab into a jc grab

if you gentleman all the time theyll get used to shielding it, and so you get a free grab

@the up-b edgecancel bs

screw you guys you dont do it in matches so who cares

you might do it once a match

saying its easy is fine but so far only SS does it

show some actual matches of you doing it then talk

and my enter button is fine, its not the return button screw macs

Tomacawk

Smash Master
logical fallacies galore jona
i said it's not lucky, you said i can't do it
that is straw man, and also appeal to hypocrisy

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Your DI and how far/up/down you get hit off stage effects if you can do it or not. Factors out of your control (Excluding wall-jumps, wall-jump to edge-cancel upB arent luck at all, everything else is) determine whether or not you are in a position to edgecancel one. My definition of luck would be exactly that "Things that are beyond your control lead to a favorable result for yourself."
Its still not luck, Its not like ur trying to edge cancel luigis misfire.

You pretty much DI and if you go high like SS you can generate enough momentum to where you can force yourself to fall off an edge, that you aim for.

Unless SS is mad lucky, all the time, only when he wants to be.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i edgecancel up b's pretty much every time its a good idea, and really do get it the majority of the time if im going for it

its dumb to just try to do it over and over again though, people will just hit you out of the air then

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Edge canceling the up-B is one thing, but SS is the only Falcon who consistently follows it up with a counterattack, almost always gaining back complete control of the stage as a result. It is sooo **** when you edge cancel then double jump stomp a clueless opponent. I admit I've only pulled it off maybe 4-5 times ever, but just at Pound 4 alone I saw SS do it more than that.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
recovering high is 100% of the time the best option for falcon. you get the most horizontal movement so you can pull back or overshoot. just mix it up!

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
recovering high is 100% of the time the best option for falcon. you get the most horizontal movement so you can pull back or overshoot. just mix it up!
100%? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykA7V1DhbjU
just watch the first combo. Recovering high can be good to mix in but against an opponent with a pulse I would say it is not a great idea 100% of the time. I'm sorry if you were trying to make some other point but that claim doesn't make sense imo.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Hax just doesn't get hit. You get hit less, you're offstage less, you suffer fewer edgeguards.

SilentSpectre almost never gets punished for recovering onto the stage (or acting like he's going for the stage).

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
am i the only one that thinks most good falcons are about equally good at recovering

manalord nothing in this entire game is good 100% of the time, especially recovering high

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I dunno, I've never been amazed by Darkrain's recovery like I have been with SS. From the matches I've seen I think Hax might overdo the 'pull back to ledge' recovery a bit, and I think Scar doesn't do it enough.

D

Deleted member

good mindgame recoveries are a must

up-b edgecancel i thought was impossible at first but sorta easy once u practice and play more

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I'm definitely gonna practice up, my Ganon and Falcon to be equally good for high level tourney play. Please view my progress with Falcon. =P

Top Bottom