• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm batman.

BEYONNDDDDDD

best show ever.

I want a hacked melee skin of CF in the batman beyond costume now.

That would be ****ing amazingggggg

i mean they already have the same eyes.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
werdd i wanted a hacked thing of melee for a while now

someone should sell them at tourneys or something

maaaad gwwwuap

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
omg that looks amazing

and on 4 star is that ?

wait is that brawl ?

but yea it was the brawl craze that made you make that aib account

happened to all of us

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
It's Melee Jona. It's mad tight.

And I know, CHRed, I just thought you might wanna see the closest thing possible.

annnnnnndddd Melee's graphics are just as good as Brawls

Brawl Falcon.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Yeah that's not batman beyond.. batman beyond has chred's avatar, not the classic yellow/red emblem

It's Fourside, Jona.. no it isn't brawl

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
thats lookin maaaad good

i really liked it

u should take it down until your done tho lol

lmao i said 4star hahahaa i didnt even realize that

scar screw u im up for this vid and nothing yet

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
what was made 5 months ago?

edit: and that concludes your brief reprieve from boredom.

it may please some of you to know scar got on aim and changed his away status to IKM3.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
yeah, love the video

your execution looked pretty CRISP, if I do say so =p

I notice how you (on the 3 platform stages) almost always does the runoff>waveland when you knock your opponent (marth usually) on the top platform from one of the lesser two and then you grab or bait the get-up attack.
do you guys think that this option is more efficient than a sh-upair or runoff dj-n/f/dair?
does it change pending the opponent's char?
i know this question is odd and the answer will most likely be "it depends", but any input would be nice.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, love the video

your execution looked pretty CRISP, if I do say so =p

I notice how you (on the 3 platform stages) almost always does the runoff>waveland when you knock your opponent (marth usually) on the top platform from one of the lesser two and then you grab or bait the get-up attack.
do you guys think that this option is more efficient than a sh-upair or runoff dj-n/f/dair?
does it change pending the opponent's char?
i know this question is odd and the answer will most likely be "it depends", but any input would be nice.
i would say i do that to cover all options. they have basically no where to go, and I can't miss if i land on the platform with them. Anything else doesn't cover every option (except on one stage but I won't get into that, that's being saved for some ideas).

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
now scar's status is "aika.gpotato.com"

**** you scar lol.

dammit mikael why;d you lose that first one.

i'll coment on the second one.

you shouldn't have reverse uaired him when you hit him with the raptor boost, always full jump a bair in that situation. At lower percents you can do a falling uair and regrab, at higher you can either fall into a second bair and then double jump bair or just straight up double jump bair. reverse uair at low percents doesn't lead into anything.

learn to gentleman consistantly.

don't raptor boost when he's really far away and hope he runs into it. he won't

when he's near/below the edge with no jumps and you've just grabbed the edge, let go and bair. He has no way to avoid it. 0 ways. It will always kill in that situation.

Don't go for reverse uair edge guards when he's below the stage, just go for them if he's far out andhigh up and a bair wouldn't reach.

Don't approach him from above, especially on FD, especially when he's sitting there utilting repeatedly.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks for the advice Chred.

Yeah, I'm so inconsistent with the gentlemen in matches, I don't get it. I get it when I practice, then I just completely suck at it when I actually need to do it.

And I gotta remember to do the let-go bair. I've done it a couple times and it *****, but I just keep forgetting to do it.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
That is pleasing to know. Except, seeing as it isn't up, it means he is probably working on it right now. :laugh:

Real talk - what is the best shield pressure with falcon? I attempt knee-->jab pressure, but I get grabbed way to often for it to be reliable so I have moved to hitting a shield and then DDing or something again. Or hitting a running stomp on shield and landing behind and then going for a grab or something.

Is it because you have to late knee? Or whaat

PEEF!

Smash Hero
wow

IKM 3

its not like a video games midnight release people, calm down. Besides this one is gonna have alot of that ****ty WC DI on display.

<3 Scar
RENEBLADE.

It's free facebook day at eBash, let's go storm it with some Melee. Call me when you are interested. I'll probably be there around 3 or 4? Bring my iPod and hoodie.

Make sure ur a fan and we can set up a smashfest with the whole crew. Biz, CJ, Kyle Cress, whoever else...

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Nair gentleman is the best shield pressure imo.
Possible to do without getting shield grabbed?

Yeah I'm kneeing to high on shield. I'll fix it. I just play a relatively really safe falcon that capitalizes hard on the hits I get...like every falcon ha. Just need some better shield pressure

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
hey theres been a lot of talk about WD OOS to deal with shield pressure as falcon. what do you guise think of WD OOLS (light shield)? getting hit by an attack pushes you away when you light shield so this would be another option to fix your spacing in addition to being able to WD out.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Scar's last youtube sign in was 8 hours ago :(

He definitly forgot the combo video was today and is probably editing it right now:laugh:

or he's waiting for the last possible minute to increase hype.
No, he remembers. I posted comment yesterday and he replied to it lol.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
So I've been lurking on AiB lately and I noticed everything sucks compared to here except ONE THING.....THEY GOT WAY MOAR BITCCHHEEZZZ OVA DAT MUFFFUUCKKA.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
hey theres been a lot of talk about WD OOS to deal with shield pressure as falcon. what do you guise think of WD OOLS (light shield)? getting hit by an attack pushes you away when you light shield so this would be another option to fix your spacing in addition to being able to WD out.
hm...you know you take a sh*tton more shieldlag in a lightshield compared to a normal shield...idea could at least warrant some testing.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
WD OoS is soo good

screw light shield its basically the same except falcon moves a little bit

its only real use is to **** marths recovery lol

and i said this one time b4 and scar got pissed lol

but im gonna start trying to upsmash OoS

i know its slow and everything but idk i wanna try

i was doing it with fox and it was really cool

Turazrok

Smash Master
WD OoS is soo good

screw light shield its basically the same except falcon moves a little bit

its only real use is to **** marths recovery lol

and i said this one time b4 and scar got pissed lol

but im gonna start trying to upsmash OoS

i know its slow and everything but idk i wanna try

i was doing it with fox and it was really cool
Or you could you know, shine out of shield while you're playing fox.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
up smash sends them UP for combos

and im not that technical so i cant

Shine OoS and wavedash out of the shine

usually i jump with the shine

so upsmash is better for the people that arent super technical

Top Bottom